Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Canadian Dollar vs. The American Dollar

Auditor
Syklis Green

Member 22456

Level 7.02

May 2007

Old Sep 28, 2007, 08:58 PM #26 of 30
It makes me want to cry. Because the dollar is weak now, I decided not to go on vacation..to somewhere...

I think the oil prices are one of the other factors that is driving the dollar down, while Canadian currency is up--think canada exports a good amount of oil, but i could be wrong.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2007, 09:17 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2007, 09:17 PM #27 of 30
Yes, Canada exports lots of oil. Hence the reason Alberta has lots of dough.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Sep 29, 2007, 06:37 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2007, 08:07 AM #28 of 30
Yes, Canada exports lots of oil. Hence the reason Alberta has lots of dough.
Hence the reason why I'm working in Alberta despite everything being way too expensive up here and being away from the love of my life for three months at a time. I guess thats what happens when your in a province with no provincial debt and more employment opportunities than you can shake a stick at.

It doesn't really matter the majority of the money I make goes back home to Newfoundland to help pay for the bills and my upcoming wedding this summer.

Why pay 500,000 - 750,000 for a house up here when I already got the same house back home for 150,000.

In terms of the canadian dollar, my fiance is making great use of it, she managed to get all of our christmas shopping done online for all of our friends and relatives for a little over $200.00.

Hopefully we can get some great video game collectibles before the canadian dollar starts to decline again.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rocca
is Finding Forever.

Member 609

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2007, 08:14 AM #29 of 30
Hence the reason why I'm working in Alberta despite everything being way too expensive up here and being away from the love of my life for three months at a time. I guess thats what happens when your in a province with no provincial debt and more employment opportunities than you can shake a stick at.

It doesn't really matter the majority of the money I make goes back home to Newfoundland to help pay for the bills and my upcoming wedding this summer.

Why pay 500,000 - 750,000 for a house up here when I already got the same house back home for 150,000.

In terms of the canadian dollar, my fiance is making great use of it, she managed to get all of our christmas shopping done online for all of our friends and relatives for a little over $200.00.

Hopefully we can get some great video game collectibles before the canadian dollar starts to decline again.
My cousin is doing the same thing. His fiance works in Montreal, as he stays up in Alberta (oddly enough) working in the oil industry. He comes back every six months or so, but yeah, totally a smart moving considering how business there is exploding.

I was speaking idiomatically.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 1, 2007, 12:22 AM Local time: Oct 1, 2007, 12:22 AM #30 of 30

Good to hear things are still going well with you and your fiancee. I remember you mentioned about getting married this coming summer.

I haven't had the chance to chat with you on MSN in a while.

But yeah, I got a cousin out in Alberta and he is making good money, but I think he is going to stay out there. Good for him.

I am actually more nervous about American travellers into my area at Lake of the Woods now that the Cdn Dollar is high... I am also worried about the driving issue for passports that goes into effect for Americans next summer.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > The Canadian Dollar vs. The American Dollar