Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

China makes capital punishment a breeze

kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 06:46 PM Local time: Jun 17, 2006, 04:46 PM #26 of 31
Fjordor, you have a stupidass habit of calling anyone who antagonizes you a troll. If that were true, the entire board would be trolls. It's not anyone else's fault that you're just incredibly lame.

And they don't just use one chemical when administrating a lethal injection. Pancuronium bromide is the anaesthesia part of the combination they use to serve as the overall injection, along with the chemical that knocks you out and the chemical that kills you (potassium chloride)

But again, many prisoners are inadequately sedatedly, so much so that the purposes of the individual chemicals don't even come into effect (except the one that kills you).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 17, 2006, 06:59 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2006, 12:59 AM #27 of 31
Originally Posted by Fjordor
Enough with this "quote war," and getting more topical once again, am I then to understand that lethal injections, performed properly, should involve a separate anesthesia? Or is the sodium thiopental considered sufficient(supposed to render people unconscious)?.
I can't recall precisely how this subject originally came to my notice, but there's a lot of evidence to suggest that a lot of the prisoners executed by this method are fully aware during their execution, as Kat said. It was covered pretty widely after the method was first introduced, and there have been several recurrences of that coverage.

Looking around for some bedtime reading for you produces this document, which is a reproduction of an article published in The Lancet. In case you're not familiar with that publication, it's a British peer-reviewed medical journal, and is one of the oldest publications of its kind.

http://www.atypicaljoe.com/archives/...InadAnesth.pdf

To add to what Kat wrote, my understanding is that execution by Lethal Injection is a three-stage process. The first step is to anaesthetise the patient with Sodium Thiapentothol. The next step, administration of Pancuronium Bromide, then induces paralysis of the muscles, including those responsible for breathing. Finally, the Potassium Chloride stops the electrical activity required for cardiac function.

---

I'm not biologically inclined, but that information is readily avaialble, and not difficult to understand. What the article from The Lancet has to say is that, as Kat has stated, the dose of Sodium Thiapentothal often inadequate. The standard dosage for execution is based on a quantity sufficient to anaesthetise a 220lb (100kg) man for 10 minutes, under normal conditions. The average time from injection to death is 8.5 minutes, and those to be executed are usually frightened and hyper-adrenal, which makes them resistant to the anesthetic.

---

That's all paraphrased from the article, and I can well imagine that having my heart and lungs forcibly stopped while I am awake would be somewhat painful. Consider the feeling when you choke on a piece of food. Now imagine that you never actually managed to clear your airway. I imagine it's many times worse than that.

There's nothing humane about lethal injections the way they are currently done. I think that even a condemned man doesn't deserve that. Cruel and Unusual Punishments are prohibited by the Constitution, are they not?

Most amazing jew boots
lol_nl
Chocobo

Member 8475

Level 9.10

Jun 2006

Old Jun 19, 2006, 08:19 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 02:19 PM #28 of 31
I come from China, it's creepy there . No not really, only if you commit crimes. That's why I don't want to live there.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
ziggythecat
I like Chocolate Milk

Member 8650

Level 10.49

Jun 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:57 AM Local time: Jun 19, 2006, 11:57 PM #29 of 31
I think we should bring back public hangings. I promise you it will scare some sense into a least a few of the crazy fuckers running around this place. Damn idgets.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I like your booty but I'm not gay.
jPokalypse
Wark!

Member 1358

Level 3.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:17 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 05:17 PM #30 of 31
I think living in a country that allows the possession of firearms is much more frightening than living in one that has efficient capital punishment.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > China makes capital punishment a breeze