Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Heroes
Closed Thread

Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 01:07 AM Local time: Nov 13, 2006, 11:07 PM #201 of 826
Spoiler:
I'm really hoping next week we see Peter Petrelli fighting Sylar. It would be really cool to see Sylar get attacked by his own powers.

In the preview he's with Claire when she's being chased.. There could be a chance, right?

Though I guess that's asking for alot from a person who probably has very little understanding or control over it.

EDIT:

Something I forgot to say.

Spoiler:
After thinking about the episode this morning I completely forgot something about Hiro. Didn't future Hiro warn Peter he could cause another time rift by meeting him? (My memory isn't that good) If he did then this episode must of been the first time rift. He went far too back into the past. She's still dead and he hasn't returned to the 'present' yet. His friend is still waiting for him in the diner. But Hiro is in her bday picture now. He wasn't before. This leads me to believe he has caused a rift in time and cant save her.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Shonos; Nov 14, 2006 at 06:03 PM.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 06:08 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2006, 06:08 PM #202 of 826
Spoiler:

From the fact Peter is with Claire could mean that the future was already being changed from Issac's paintings. Though, even though Peter is with Claire in the preview, that doesn't mean Sylar just didn't toss him away from Claire to have her all to himself, but that is just speculation.

Concerning Hiro and the waitress. Somehow I don't know what impact this will have with Sylar being in Odessa, but it is clear that it seems Sylar isn't just killing people with powers just for the hell of it even though it may seem to be that way. I'm sure that in someway he's absorbing everyone's power that he kills, that could be what his main ability was, and that's why he's going to be going after Claire.

In this episode it shows that he has the ability to shadow himself (har har) but seriously, the way he managed to get into the backroom and kill the waitress without anyone seeing him leads me to believe that either he has some sort of super speed or teleportation, cause there was a sound in the backroom before he killed her.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see how this will turn out with Hiro and the waitress, whether he saves her or prevents the inevitable. One thing is for sure, he's bound to have a huge impact in next weeks episode, he'll probably end up saving them all I think, or aiding Peter by giving him the one up on Sylar.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 06:38 PM #203 of 826
Spoiler:
I don't think we'll get the sort of plot resolution that everyone expects, not so soon, at least. The show is only in it's eighth episode, remember. The season isn't scheduled to finish until mid-April. I think there will be several more sidetracks before everything comes to a tete concerning Syler, Mr. Bennet, Hiro, et al.

If we do see the showdown with Claire, Syler and everyone in the next few weeks, don't think that it will be the last. It might only be the first step in a succession that eventually saves the world. But for this destiny to be fulfilled, it's pretty obvious that Claire's abilities are crucial. If Syler gets her first, then the rest of the prophecies will come true and NYC will be destroyed. Claire's attempted murder is but one part of the larger plot.

I'm a little concerned with Hiro's overeager attitude. Basically, by going into the past, he's created a paradox. If he prevents the waitress from showing up at work, then she'd survive. This totally eliminates the reason Hiro would've ever gone back in the first place. Hence, he wouldn't use his power, and the waitress would've come to work as normal. This would lead to Syler killing her, making Hiro go back in time and so on, and on, and on, in one neverending loop.

I'm also very saddened that the waitress was killed, because she had a rather cool, rather useful power. A while back, there was a psychic named "Edgar Cayce". Cayce could "absorb" information just by being in its presence. He'd sleep with books under his pillow, then awaken to find that he understood nearly everything within its pages, even to the point of recalling particular passages verbatim. Cayce could also focus upon individuals as he slept, learning valuable information on them, such as secrets and current whereabouts. Cayce helped cops track down missing persons and fugitives via this method. It's not understood how he did it, but he could and that's all that mattered. So, for to have the waitress with very similar abilities get whacked within minutes, I'm quite disappointed. I've always considered Cayce's ability to be extremely powerful under the proper circumstances and not all superpowers have to be the "heat vision" or "super speed" variety.

Sprague, well we all know what's gonna happen to him, don't we? He's the bomb that was foreseen in Isaac's painting. It only makes sense. I'll bet that his detonation is the result of Syler's interference. On the plus side, Matt Parkman and Ted have formed a bond and are perhaps the closest of anyone in discerning the true reasons that they've experienced their changes. And if Sprague is in trouble later, Parkman's previous mental bond might play into locating ground zero. With the CIA's knowledge of what both can do, it has some hopeful prospects.

Eden and Mr. Bennet are certainly a pair, huh? Ultimately, I suspect that Mr. Bennet is crooked. He might be working to stop Syler, yes, but what would he gain? His altruistic actions are probably hiding some much darker motives.
Eden on the other hand seems to be more of a conscientious objector and is sincerely interested in aiding the heroes. It's no shock that she herself seems to possess a special gift, this time something related to enhanced persuasion. Some kind of post-hypnotic suggestion, perhaps?
Despite this, Mr. Bennet doesn't seem to fear her much. Mr. Bennet may have skills of his own that are yet unrevealed. Who knows at this point?

I'm kinda glad that Niki and Micah received no screen time. I don't find Niki particularly interesting, nor heroic. Micah's okay but you can't show him without Niki, and frankly, Niki was getting way too much face time. Until we see "Jessica" do something that isn't entirely bitchy and self-serving, I won't give a shit about Niki's absence from the camera.
D.L., on the other hand, is way cool and deserves more time.

Also, can anyone tell me why Ando, who is essentially Hiro's straight man, has actually become a lot of the comedy relief in the show? I think it's a great progression of his character and hope Ando sticks around. I also hopes that his presence ultimately serves a specific, singular purpose. Perhaps he'll be instrumental in saving a life or stopping a disaster, proving that you don't need powers to be a hero.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 08:20 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2006, 01:20 AM #204 of 826
Can we just assume that from here onwards the thread is going to riddled with spoilers so we no longer need to use the spoiler tags? Its gettin on my nerves having to click em all the time lol

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2006, 08:56 PM #205 of 826
If anybody is interested, I'm hosting all the episodes on my ftp

I was speaking idiomatically.
Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

breakdownnotup
4th timer

Member 12467

Level 2.62

Sep 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 02:51 AM #206 of 826
I'm going to have to agree thoroughly with Crash.

Specialy with Niki getting air time. I don't think she is a hero. Possibly the Darth Vador type scenerio?
She is good at heard but her emotions get the better of her and inturn, she becomes a villian.
Her son has an interesting power too, which I feel should get more attention.

Off topic, Hiro's face in that picture was hilarious, but at the same time curious.
Why was he frowning? How did he get so close to her? Why was she still happy if he had told her she might be killed? How far back did Hiro go?

I was thinking the SAME exact thing Crash, I think their going to give Hiro's friend the "batman" card and make him a hero without powers.

There's more, but it's basically all agreeing with Crash. I suggest scrolling up and reading his post if you haven't ready.

=] Can't wait for next week.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:56 AM Local time: Nov 15, 2006, 08:56 AM #207 of 826
Originally Posted by breakdownnotup
Specialy with Niki getting air time. I don't think she is a hero. Possibly the Darth Vador type scenerio?
She is good at heard but her emotions get the better of her and inturn, she becomes a villian.
Her son has an interesting power too, which I feel should get more attention.
Niki is basically the Hulk or Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde. If she can learn how to control her other self, she could still be a hero. The Hulk wasn't always a hero as much as he was a menace.

Her son is basically a rip off of the x-men character, Forge.

FELIPE NO
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:12 PM #208 of 826
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
Niki is basically the Hulk or Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde. If she can learn how to control her other self, she could still be a hero. The Hulk wasn't always a hero as much as he was a menace.

Her son is basically a rip off of the x-men character, Forge.
I think we could pretty much point to any of the characters and name their Marvel or DC comics counterparts.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
joshi
be a man!

Member 1901

Level 8.73

Mar 2006

Old Nov 16, 2006, 04:33 AM #209 of 826
I want to see some more throw-downs. the Niki and D.L. fight was pretty cool, abeit really short.

I think we've all pretty much figured out what causes the huge explosion that was prophesized earlier on though.

Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 09:41 AM #210 of 826
Spoiler:
Could Claire's stepdad really be working to save everyone with super powers? (Just saw last monday's episode on DVR). Seems somewhat reasonable for Claire's stepdad to be as such, but then again, he has tried to capture and detain certain individuals such as Peter's brother.

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:10 AM Local time: Nov 17, 2006, 04:10 PM #211 of 826
Originally Posted by Mojougwe
Spoiler:
Could Claire's stepdad really be working to save everyone with super powers? (Just saw last monday's episode on DVR). Seems somewhat reasonable for Claire's stepdad to be as such, but then again, he has tried to capture and detain certain individuals such as Peter's brother.
Spoiler:
Yeh seems so, and I thought he was the bad guy! I suspect that he and the doctor knew each other, but I think that he knows he cant stop Sylar so he is using that guy to absorb their powers (as it seems obvious that it is the brain that holds the key to all their powers) this way he controls all their powers.

Trying to fill the void between now and the return of Lost and 24, I've caught on to Heroes...man they didnt hype this show up at all, and its brilliant I would rank it more like smallville but slightly better. I've been waiting for a down to earth super hero series, lets hope it stays that way!
Im not liking Niki anymore, great to see her on screen but thats just pure eye candy, and the double personality thing has been done to death already.

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda

Last edited by The Furious One; Nov 17, 2006 at 11:13 AM.
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:17 PM #212 of 826
Originally Posted by The Furious One
Spoiler:
Yeh seems so, and I thought he was the bad guy! I suspect that he and the doctor knew each other, but I think that he knows he cant stop Sylar so he is using that guy to absorb their powers (as it seems obvious that it is the brain that holds the key to all their powers) this way he controls all their powers.

Trying to fill the void between now and the return of Lost and 24, I've caught on to Heroes...man they didnt hype this show up at all, and its brilliant I would rank it more like smallville but slightly better. I've been waiting for a down to earth super hero series, lets hope it stays that way!
Im not liking Niki anymore, great to see her on screen but thats just pure eye candy, and the double personality thing has been done to death already.
But after the preview of next week, you can't say anymore it was already done like that.

I don't know if you all feel the same way, so since the beginning of the series, I was so hoping to see an intense episode. Each episode after the other, I was hoping it was THE one. As my beg to see it grows up, I thought this episode was REALLY intense.

And about Mohinder's part... I mean every time we see him on the screen, I always feel like it's only poor déja vu sequences. "Oh I HAVE to do it. It's my destiny". Like if India just got the Hollywood wave from the '80s.

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------
Protom@nNeo
Carob Nut

Member 4823

Level 6.27

Apr 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:25 PM #213 of 826
Best episode so far.

soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:38 PM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 09:38 PM #214 of 826
I think I hyped up the episode too much for myself.

Spoiler:
I was expecting some gigantic fight between Peter and Sylar since I thought Peter was going to mimic some of Sylar's powers and use them against him. Obviously, that didn't happen. Sylar's capture also seemed a little underwhelming. There's no way he can stay asleep forever, right?

As for next week's episode, well, I guess the existence of a real Jessica Sanders makes Niki's power a little more interesting.

I'm a little tired of the scenes involving Niki, DL, and Micah. C'mon, put them into the big picture already.

All in all, I thought tonight's episode was good, just not what I was expecting.

Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:52 PM #215 of 826
I think the run-in with Sylar was underwhelming, honestly. For a man who can mentally fling debris like scrap paper in the wind, he didn't put up much of an offense. It was also strange the way he took his time opening the skull of the one cheerleader, whereas he was able to cleave the waitress's skull open in an instant.

It would be an interesting scenario to find that Sylar and Peter have identical abilities. That is, they can both temporarily mimic the powers of others, yet it was Sylar who concluded that those powers can become permanent if he consumes the brain matter of the person he copies. I bet I'm way off target here, but it would still be nifty.

Eden just keeps getting more and more interesting. She has the hypnotic powers that were hinted at last week. On top of this, it would seem that she can perhaps render the powers of others inoperative, if she wishes. Sylar raised his arm to act, when he encountered Eden, but it seemed as if he could suddenly do nothing. And she's working with the Haitian man now too. That's awesome.

Peter got arrested and they'll think he's Sylar. This may suck, but it's definitely good for the plot. Now it will tie Matt Parkman and Theo Sprague to the main storyline. Watch for them to appear next episode, for to interrogate Peter.

Lastly, I fail to see what significance Niki/Jessica, Micah and DL have with anything besides incidental liaisons with other characters like Nathan and Ando. Their plotline is growing tedious and seems more like a Tuesday night drama on the Oxygen Network. I hope the payoff on these three (four) is huge.

FELIPE NO
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 01:04 AM Local time: Nov 20, 2006, 11:04 PM #216 of 826
Man am I disapointed. I was really expecting a good battle between Sylar and Peter. I mean come on, he could of used Sylar's powers being that close to him.

But all he ended up using was Claire's. Dammit.

Peter wont be arrested for long though. All Claire or her father has to do is come forward and say he helped them. That and when they take a sample of Peter's blood they'll see it's his own and not the cheerleader's.

Last edited by Shonos; Nov 21, 2006 at 01:09 AM.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 01:49 AM Local time: Nov 21, 2006, 12:49 AM #217 of 826
I wasn't disappointed at all. Good episode!

Peter doesn't know what Sylar is capable of and doesn't have time to waste to try to master a fraction of it. He barely could use Nathan's and Isaac's at the first time right? The reason why he can use Claire's ability is because it's automatic. Claire doesn't control hers, it just does it by itself. (BTW, Peter stood up when the cops pulled him up.. so his legs are fine now? yay )

IF Peter were to master Sylar's powers ... it would have turned cheesy as hell like Smallville's fight scenes.

BTW, When was Charlie killed? From watching the episodes, it just seems like "yesterday" that Charlie was killed. But Mr. Bennet had a picture of her dead. Also Claire's Myspace says there was a killing at the diner LAST WEEK and.. btw homecoming is NEXT WEEK.
So does that mean Ando was just chillin at the Diner for 2 weeks? haha

Last edited by makura; Nov 21, 2006 at 02:00 AM.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2006, 05:18 PM Local time: Nov 21, 2006, 05:18 PM #218 of 826
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
I think the run-in with Sylar was underwhelming, honestly. For a man who can mentally fling debris like scrap paper in the wind, he didn't put up much of an offense. It was also strange the way he took his time opening the skull of the one cheerleader, whereas he was able to cleave the waitress's skull open in an instant.
Spoiler:
Everytime we see Sylar, he never just outright attacks, he studies his victim first, like in the diner.

He has to make sure he's killing someone that has a power, in that cheerleader's case, he had to make sure she could regenerate, hence the slow cutting of her head.

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 06:22 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 11:22 AM #219 of 826
Originally Posted by Grail
Spoiler:

He has to make sure he's killing someone that has a power, in that cheerleader's case, he had to make sure she could regenerate, hence the slow cutting of her head.
Spoiler:
But he only stopped when he noticed the when claire got up, but that does make sense, they were the only ones in the room.
When Peter came, what the hell did Sylar chuck at him, looked really lame should of hurled benches and lockers.

We still don't know what sylar wanted with that little girl the cop saved!?!?

Chie
Wishful Thinking

Member 10785

Level 9.25

Aug 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 08:19 AM #220 of 826
anyone else find something weird about syler
Spoiler:
he can make you kill yourself just by looking at you, chops off brains in a matter of seconds, possibly had more than normal strength, and he can levitate at amazing speeds. Yet he was taken down so easily when Peter flung him off the edge of that lunch balcony.
Was it that he was cought off guard thinking that pete wouldn't risk his life for her?

I'm not a fan of the girl that uses the force.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 09:44 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 09:44 PM #221 of 826
As the episodes move forward, the mystery around Sylar seems to be increasing. Even when we saw him in the last episode, there weren't too many things answered... The ending is great though as it hopefully will give us some answers next week.

I would have to say that this last episode was the best one to date.

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 09:58 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 09:58 PM #222 of 826
Spoiler:
But he only stopped when he noticed the when claire got up, but that does make sense, they were the only ones in the room.
When Peter came, what the hell did Sylar chuck at him, looked really lame should of hurled benches and lockers.

We still don't know what sylar wanted with that little girl the cop saved!?!?
Technically it was locker doors he hurled at him >.>

For all we know, maybe Sylar locked the little girl up in that room just to lure out Matt.

Suresh found everyone, and maybe Sylar has a list of those people, it'd make sense in the long run.

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 06:43 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 11:43 AM #223 of 826
Could peter be like Rogue in Xmen, because Sylar should of wooped his ass, not been thrown off the building like that. Also his brother couldnt carry him when he flew, but when Claires dad tried to catch him he flew at super sonic speed. If he can fly at that speed then he must be able to carry someone!??!

Does seem to apply to Claire or the painter guy, but their powers they don't have to be conscious decision

FELIPE NO

Last edited by The Furious One; Nov 23, 2006 at 06:46 AM.
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 09:07 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 09:07 AM #224 of 826
Could peter be like Rogue in Xmen, because Sylar should of wooped his ass, not been thrown off the building like that. Also his brother couldnt carry him when he flew, but when Claires dad tried to catch him he flew at super sonic speed. If he can fly at that speed then he must be able to carry someone!??!

Does seem to apply to Claire or the painter guy, but their powers they don't have to be conscious decision
Who knows, maybe that could be the case, but I think, honestly, Sylar was going to just rip Peter to shreds, given the fact he didn't know Peter had any powers, like that little girl's mother who was pinned to the side of the dining room. But when he was right next to Peter, Peter could have just said fuck it, and tried throwing Sylar off the roof out of desperation too.

As for Nathan, maybe he wasn't that adept at flying yet.

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 09:34 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 02:34 PM #225 of 826
Originally Posted by Grail

As for Nathan, maybe he wasn't that adept at flying yet.
Possible but the super sonic speed maybe out of fear (but the way he crouched and jumped seemed like he knew what he was doing) the dodgy landing that Hero witness would also suggest that he hasnt fully mastered it yet.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Heroes