Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 06:50 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 05:50 AM #2151 of 2408
Is Geno even technically a Square trademark? I can't find any respectable site to back up the claim that he's even technically 3rd party. Wikipedia uses a very bogus source (lmao, what) saying he belongs to the house Final Fantasy built, but that's dodgy as fuck.

Considering he showed as a cameo in Superstar Saga, I'm most curious. Perhaps he isn't even 3rd party at all?

Does anyone have any BACKUPABLE proof instead of "lawl I read it on wiki/IGN boards 'cause I'm a faggot"?

FELIPE NO
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 07:12 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 05:12 AM #2152 of 2408
Spoiler:
It is definitely a fake. How would they get the rights to put in "Geno" into SSB (assuming it is the same Geno I am thinking about from Super Mario RPG).
Uh, by asking for the rights? Just like they did with Snake and Sonic?

Spoiler:
FUCK YEAH, MEGAMAN! If True

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sacred X
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Member 4397

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 08:17 AM #2153 of 2408
Unlike the person who predicted the Dragoon,
Spoiler:
this list contradicts the semi-popular rumor of Lucario replacing Mewtwo.

It also ends most rumors for the better, such as return of Ness, Marth, and even Mr. Game and Watch. Ness is probably the only one I might have expected, despite Lucas being present.

Megaman is also taking a huge step, but he's a very popular character even in Japan, so it's possible he's received a lot of requests and wasn't revealed yet since Sonic was a more popular request and would probably satisfy the fans long enough before they're surprized by unlocking him or directly before the game's release. Not saying I believe it, just acknowledging its possibility.

Either way, I don't completely believe that list.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

SSBB: 0602-5947-4393 ("SX")
PM me if you add.

Last edited by Sacred X; Jan 9, 2008 at 08:35 AM.
Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 08:33 AM #2154 of 2408
I can't believe ANY list because of all the fakers mixed in. I'm waiting for a Japanese leak. If Micaiah gets in I'll just lawl because half of them aren't predicting her.

Speaking of Micaiah for some reason I want her in--just because hardcore FE fans don't. I want to see them squirm.

And Captain Olimar--I didn't like him, but his inclusion in this list is no loss at all. I'll see what he's capable of.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 08:38 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 01:38 PM 1 #2155 of 2408
I can't believe ANY list because of all the fakers mixed in. I'm waiting for a Japanese leak. If Micaiah gets in I'll just lawl because half of them aren't predicting her.

Speaking of Micaiah for some reason I want her in--just because hardcore FE fans don't. I want to see them squirm.
Oh boy I hope they include NPC #34 from Golden Sun.

I think my wish is less of a pipe dream than yours.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 08:56 AM Local time: Jan 10, 2008, 12:56 AM #2156 of 2408
Spoiler:
The "supposed" list provided didn't really wow me. I was hoping for some truly "out-of-nowhere" character predictions, but for some reason it seems too plain. Mewtwo's inclusion (rather than the rumored Lucario), Issac, and even Geno were just some of the characters that make me a skeptic. I'll wait until Feb 6th then, when my brother comes back from Japan with a copy of the game (he's got a Jap Wii )!

Right, so it's like 3-4 days before the American release, but give us PAL regions a break. I mean, why should Australia be part of the "European" release dates? :P

Most amazing jew boots
Old Jan 9, 2008, 09:26 AM #2157 of 2408
Is Geno even technically a Square trademark? I can't find any respectable site to back up the claim that he's even technically 3rd party. Wikipedia uses a very bogus source (lmao, what) saying he belongs to the house Final Fantasy built, but that's dodgy as fuck.

Considering he showed as a cameo in Superstar Saga, I'm most curious. Perhaps he isn't even 3rd party at all?

Does anyone have any BACKUPABLE proof instead of "lawl I read it on wiki/IGN boards 'cause I'm a faggot"?
Geno is property of Square-Enix. He was an original character created by Square for Super Mario RPG (I imagine all non-mushroom kingdom regulars in the game also belong to Square-Enix) and made a cameo in Superstar Saga. It even states in the credits of Superstar Saga that he is property of Square-Enix.

How ya doing, buddy?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Sin Ansem
Miyamoto digs Negi Springfield

Member 1148

Level 21.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 09:36 AM #2158 of 2408
Oh boy I hope they include NPC #34 from Golden Sun.

I think my wish is less of a pipe dream than yours.
You sure about that? Sothe is an AT, and most FE references seem to be international (7 onwards). And Micaiah is actually a lord (read: main character).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kanzaki
Chocobo

Member 16476

Level 9.00

Dec 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:45 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 10:45 AM #2159 of 2408
Spoiler:
The "supposed" list provided didn't really wow me. I was hoping for some truly "out-of-nowhere" character predictions, but for some reason it seems too plain. Mewtwo's inclusion (rather than the rumored Lucario), Issac, and even Geno were just some of the characters that make me a skeptic. I'll wait until Feb 6th then, when my brother comes back from Japan with a copy of the game (he's got a Jap Wii )!

Right, so it's like 3-4 days before the American release, but give us PAL regions a break. I mean, why should Australia be part of the "European" release dates? :P
Spoiler:
Yeah, i agree, the list is too plain, nothing that really stands out, maybe just Ness and Megaman, could be that there are many veterans and not so many New Comers, they (New) should be twice as long as veterans :P
Isaac and Geno sound interesting though

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 02:35 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 01:35 PM #2160 of 2408
Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot Acer!

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 06:28 PM #2161 of 2408
Why are we putting spoiler tags on a rumorfest?

I'll put 10-1 odds on this list being fact. Based on said list, I'm a little surprised that almost all of the previous game's roster will be back, and I'm confused by both Ridley and "Animal Crossing Villager".

If they have Geno, I require a Mallow assist trophy.

Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 06:40 PM #2162 of 2408
The potential for Mega Man could be huge, in that he could possibly inherit powers of downed players the same way Kirby inhales other fighters. How badass would that be?

Answer: Equally badass as Kirby doing it, unless he got different powers than what Kirby inherits.

Sacred X
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Member 4397

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 07:00 PM #2163 of 2408
It'd be somewhat interesting if he received powers from the last player he KO'd.

SSBB: 0602-5947-4393 ("SX")
PM me if you add.
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 07:14 PM #2164 of 2408
It'd be somewhat interesting if he received powers from the last player he KO'd.
That... would be annoying.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 08:55 PM 1 #2165 of 2408
I am disappointed by the inclusion of Olimar and the Pikmin. I mean, I like that their included, but really, they should practically be ants to the other characters. They didn't change anyone else's size (as far as I've noticed).

Maybe they'll be fun to play, though.

Most amazing jew boots
Old Jan 9, 2008, 09:45 PM #2166 of 2408

Well we are playing a game which has the premise of playing with figurine/toys of who amount to cartoon characters and having them beat each other up for no real reason other than just cuz.
^ what that guy said

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:55 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 10:55 PM #2167 of 2408
It could be argued that they changed Bowser's size as well.

FELIPE NO
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Jan 9, 2008, 11:00 PM #2168 of 2408
what that guy said
I just like consistency.

It could be argued that they changed Bowser's size as well.
I suppose, but Bowser's size seems to change on a semi-regular basis.

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:56 AM #2169 of 2408
Yes pikachu is 3 foot tall yellow electric rat.

I was hoping for Olimar way back when and never thought he'd get in because of his move set....ah how wrong I was.
Here's hoping his final smash is a rain of pikmin seeds that sprout and flood the screen beating the crap out of everyone.

Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2008, 01:50 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 10:50 PM 4 #2170 of 2408
Thursday's Update - Snake: Final-Smash

<Grenade Launcher>

Snake’s Final Smash is the Grenade Launcher.

What is he calling in...?

Suddenly he does a great jump!

Choppa-choppa-choppa!

Snake grabs the rope ladder the helicopter drops and takes out his grenade launcher!

So, the thing to do is shoot, right?

Poom! Poom! Poom!

You control the targeting reticule and press the attack button to fire grenades one at a time. There are six rounds, and when you run out...

He loads a new clip? How can that be?

It ends when you shoot 12 rounds or run out of time. Snake then climbs back up to return to battle.

Yep. He makes his exit.

It’s probably better to just shoot all your rounds rather than run out of time leaving ammo behind...but if you just shoot indiscriminately, your shots may be dodged.

When there are two or more enemies, it might be a good idea to hit one as he is being attacked by the other, or something along those lines.

~Fav Radiant Dawn Character~

Last edited by Zeta26; Jan 10, 2008 at 02:12 AM.
Darkshineknight
Lemon Vampire ~.~

Member 4980

Level 3.20

Apr 2006

Old Jan 10, 2008, 02:11 AM #2171 of 2408
haha that seems pretty awesome actually, I wonder if the guns a machine gun or single shots. but seems really fun! and good use of the wiimote

PunyPeon
Chocobo

Member 17368

Level 9.15

Dec 2006

Old Jan 10, 2008, 02:12 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 11:12 PM #2172 of 2408
Another "leaked" roster, this time from 2chan apparently.

Quote:
This is the list of the initial roster, who you can play as right when you first start the game.
- Mario
- Bowser
- Peach
- Wario
- Yoshi
- Link
- Zelda
- Pikachu
- Pokemon Trainer
- Samus
- Kirby
- King Dedede
- Meta Knight
- Fox
- Pit
- Ike
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Captain Falcon
- Ice Climbers
- Lucas
- Pikmin & Olimar
- Sonic
- Snake

As you can see from the above list, Captain Falcon is the only character that is not shown on the website yet and every character shown is default. Zero Suit Samus is first only playable when using Samus Final Smash, but can later be unlocked to be played at any time.

The below list is a list of all characters that must be unlocked, this is the final roster, and we are sorry if your favorite character did not make the cut.

- Luigi
- Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (Changes like Zelda in SSBM)
- Baby Mario & Luigi
- Geno
- Young Link (Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass version, is not a clone of default Link)
- Wolf Link & Midna
- Ganondorf (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Shiek (Seperate character from Zelda)
- Vaati
- Mewtwo
- Pokemon Rival (Turtwig, Croconaw and Blaziken)
- Lucario
- Jigglypuff
- Zero Suit Samus (Unlocked to be selected apart from Samus)
- Ridley
- Falco (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Krystal
- Ness (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Animal Crosser
- Marth
- Roy
- K.Rool
- Black Shadow
- Sukapon
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Takamaru
- Ray 01
- Andy
- Mii (Looks like your Mii! Weight and size differ, but attacks are always same)
Source: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=135962

I along with many others, call fake, and its not a surprise if you look at some of the characters. But apparently 2chan is "reliable."

On a side note, rumors of a delay are coming around.

Source: Go Nintendo » Blog Archive » More talk of Brawl delay *update*- What are you waiting for?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2008, 02:13 AM Local time: Jan 9, 2008, 11:13 PM #2173 of 2408
lol, I can just see fans go wild with this game.

Quote:
On a side note, rumors of a delay are coming around.
Weird, because GameStop.com still list a February 10 date.

How ya doing, buddy?
~Fav Radiant Dawn Character~

Last edited by Zeta26; Jan 10, 2008 at 02:17 AM.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2008, 02:26 AM #2174 of 2408
Wolf Link? That's a riot. And Andy from Advance Wars? That's a little farfetched. And if that list is true, that way too much rep for Pokemon.

As far as today's update goes, I was expecting Olimar's move set, but hey, I was wrong. That giant leap that Snake takes makes me roffle a bit.

Last edited by Chaotic; Jan 10, 2008 at 02:36 AM.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2008, 02:36 AM Local time: Jan 10, 2008, 12:36 AM #2175 of 2408
No offense to you peon but with the whole rosters thing, if you could put those in a spoiler tag, that'd be great

((granted that roster looks like crap))

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl