Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Immigration Protests

Igod82
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 226

Level 19.59

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:14 PM #176 of 453
Dick they cannot prsecute them for felony yet.
Your a real piece of work man maybe you should get the job picking off little kids running across the border, its in AmeriKKKas best interest right.

How ya doing, buddy?
CloudNine
#ABCDEF

Member 43

Level 18.48

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:15 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 09:15 PM #177 of 453
Originally Posted by Igod82
Cloud Nine - I do not understand what your response was. I never said working for money was taking advantage of the system. I stated that people are not entitled to huge sums of money, while others suffer. If you dont agree fine, but imagine being in one of those countries, Imagine being one of Gumbys pieces of shit, then maybe you would cee it another way. Or maybe you wouldnt either way its only my opinion.
I'm sorry. Your horrible use of grammar makes it terribly hard to understand what you are saying exactly.

Why exactly do you think that these people are entitled to things that they are not? If I am a US citizen and earn my money the way that the laws or country allow, why is that wrong? Why should I have to give it to someone who hasn't done anything to earn it? I might not be poor, but I'm not rich either. I don't believe that that I am entitled to the money that someone else has made themselves. If you don't like the way our country works, get out. No one is making these immigrants stay here. If they want their fair share of the money, than they should follow the laws like the rest of us do and earn it themselves.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:24 PM #178 of 453
Dick they cannot prsecute them for felony yet.
Thats like saying murdering someone doesn't make you guilty because the police haven't shown up yet.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:29 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 09:29 PM #179 of 453
HAHAHA nothin man im sensitive.
Be sensitive without spamming, please.

AmeriKKKa

Originally Posted by LeHah
Thats like saying murdering someone doesn't make you guilty because the police haven't shown up yet.
Still, he's right about it, as much as he has trouble getting it out in comprehendable sentences. At present, simply crossing the border illegally isn't a felony; that's why it only gets you deported, and not sent to prison and then deported. One of the desired reforms would make illegally crossing the border a felony, but that in itself wouldn't make the people who already have crossed felons, since it would violate the constitutional bar on ex post facto legislation.

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:32 PM #180 of 453
Originally Posted by Lord Styphon
At present, simply crossing the border illegally isn't a felony; that's why it only gets you deported, and not sent to prison and then deported.
I find this a strength because prisoners are treated to "three hots and cot" at the expense of the tax payer. I don't see why we should pamper illegal immigrants further by giving them the right to rape our tax dollars in a different way.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:35 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 04:35 AM #181 of 453
Well if you did imprison them, hard labor would be the answer. That is what they supposedly came here to do right?

I was speaking idiomatically.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 06:52 PM #182 of 453
Originally Posted by Gumby
Well if you did imprison them, hard labor would be the answer. That is what they supposedly came here to do right?
Except that hard labor maybe considered "cruel and unusual punishment" and would be banned by our Bill of Rights, even if they are illegal immigrants, and especially if it were to take place on US soil, now if they were shipped to Guantanamo it might be a different story.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 09:59 PM #183 of 453
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil
Except that hard labor maybe considered "cruel and unusual punishment" and would be banned by our Bill of Rights, even if they are illegal immigrants, and especially if it were to take place on US soil, now if they were shipped to Guantanamo it might be a different story.
I don't see picking litter off my highways or making license plates as either cruel or unusual. But I *would* see people bitching that it's "wrong" somehow, since those people weren't citizens.

FELIPE NO
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:11 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 07:11 PM #184 of 453
I don't see picking litter off my highways or making license plates as either cruel or unusual. But I *would* see people bitching that it's "wrong" somehow, since those people weren't citizens.
Well if you had just picking up litter and hammering out license plates then I would agree with you that its not cruel nor unusual. However whatever legal help these immigrants could get (probably provided by our gov't, our tax dollars, AGAIN!) wouldn't see it in the same light and they'll probably make a big deal about it. Then sooner or later those people you mentioned would show up and make even more fuss about how horribly wrong all this is.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
god
Sundown

Member 4797

Level 2.86

Apr 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:11 PM #185 of 453
I dont not however believe that people here already should be made felons, they should be regestered and allowed to work.
So they should be rewarded with legal status because they were successfully able to break the law and evade capture? The number of analogies to this senseless argument are too numerous to even begin to mention.

How ya doing, buddy?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:13 PM #186 of 453
Then sooner or later those people you mentioned would show up and make even more fuss about how horribly wrong all this is.
I'm still an advocate for "cruel and unusual punishment" because that may stop criminality from being so widespread. That doesn't mean I believe that jaywalkers should be flogged - but murderers? Rapists? Most certainly. And the more callous the crime, the more horrific the punishment.

Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:21 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 07:21 PM #187 of 453
I'm still an advocate for "cruel and unusual punishment" because that may stop criminality from being so widespread. That doesn't mean I believe that jaywalkers should be flogged - but murderers? Rapists? Most certainly. And the more callous the crime, the more horrific the punishment.
So you're all for the Hammurabi's whole and eye for an eye idea? But not Draconian I assume.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:28 PM #188 of 453
So you're all for the Hammurabi's whole and eye for an eye idea? But not Draconian I assume.
Dubois had mused aloud, "I do not understand objections to 'cruel and unusual' punishment. While a judge should be benevolent in purpose, his awards should cause the criminal to suffer, else there is no punishment -- and pain is the basic mechanism built into us by millions of years of evolution which safeguards us by warning when something threatens our survival. Why should society refuse to use such a highly perfected survival mecahnism? However, that period was loaded with pre-scientific pseudo-psychological nonsense.

"As for 'unusual,' punishment must be unusual or it serves no purpose."

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Igod82
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 226

Level 19.59

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:45 PM #189 of 453
Nice Graphic Styphon.
I suppose only time will tell what will happen with the border not our arguments. Anyways when are they supposed to vote or put this bill threw?

insertnamehere
looking for a name

Member 2600

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:25 PM #190 of 453
Quote:
So they should be rewarded with legal status because they were successfully able to break the law and evade capture? The number of analogies to this senseless argument are too numerous to even begin to mention.
No it's because their getting off on a technicality just like O.J did for murder. the technicality been

Quote:
Still, he's right about it, as much as he has trouble getting it out in comprehendable sentences. At present, simply crossing the border illegally isn't a felony; that's why it only gets you deported, and not sent to prison and then deported. One of the desired reforms would make illegally crossing the border a felony, but that in itself wouldn't make the people who already have crossed felons, since it would violate the constitutional bar on ex post facto legislation.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:29 PM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 11:29 PM #191 of 453
I don't think you quite understand the concept of "getting of on a technicality".

FELIPE NO
Gumby
DANGEROUS WHEN WET

Member 1389

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:00 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 07:00 AM #192 of 453
insertnamehere: They aren't getting off on anything, the laws that would affect them are not being enforced and the measures needed to throw those they catch out are not being taken.

Oregon is a prime example, they have made it illegal for the Oregon government to ask anyone for proof of citizenship which leads to illegals getting a Oregon driver license... Our state ID has become a joke to other surrounding states.

"In a somewhat related statement. Hugging fat people is soft and comfy. <3" - Jan
"Jesus, Gumby. You just...came up with that off the top of your head?" - Alice
Zimarooski
Carob Nut

Member 3977

Level 3.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:39 AM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 12:39 AM #193 of 453
I hang out with awesome Hispanics at my school, the smart ones. They've joking talked about making shirts that say "Mexicans sit the fuck down!" That and every time a latino person gets up in Government class (the class where I hang out with most of them in) to go to the restroom or something, we jokingly whisper "Latino heat!"

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 04:42 AM #194 of 453
Originally Posted by Lord Styphon
One of the desired reforms would make illegally crossing the border a felony, but that in itself wouldn't make the people who already have crossed felons, since it would violate the constitutional bar on ex post facto legislation.
Very good point. But at least they could be apprehended, ID'ed, deported, and if/when they return, they'd be criminals.

Now let's just hope that jailed illegal immigrants don't up and decide that the jails are too nice to them and try to stay there.

Marco
Rossi

Member 598

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 06:19 AM #195 of 453
Originally Posted by Zimarooski
I hang out with awesome Hispanics at my school, the smart ones. They've joking talked about making shirts that say "Mexicans sit the fuck down!" That and every time a latino person gets up in Government class (the class where I hang out with most of them in) to go to the restroom or something, we jokingly whisper "Latino heat!"
Yeah, I often wear a shirt that says "Kill the immigrants, for they may clean our houses or prepare our food."

Even though I live around Boston there's sort of an anti-immigrant sentiment that goes around.

I say it is unwaranted.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Marco; Apr 12, 2006 at 06:21 AM.
god
Sundown

Member 4797

Level 2.86

Apr 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 06:29 AM #196 of 453
Originally Posted by gukarma

Even though I live around Boston there's sort of an anti-immigrant sentiment that goes around.
Is the sentiment anti-immigrant or anti-illegal immigrant, because there's a world of difference between the two. Any responsible citizen should be anti-illegal immigration.

How ya doing, buddy?
Igod82
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 226

Level 19.59

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 07:44 AM #197 of 453
Zimarooski - I hang out with awesome Hispanics at my school, the smart ones.
What does that mean?
The Smart ones huh. Which ones are the dumb ones?

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 08:01 AM #198 of 453
Which ones are the dumb ones?
The ones that come into our country illegeally.

: rimshot :

How ya doing, buddy?
Igod82
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 226

Level 19.59

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 08:10 AM #199 of 453
Good one ill Give ya that, its funny.

FELIPE NO
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:47 AM #200 of 453
Zimarooski - I hang out with awesome Hispanics at my school, the smart ones.
What does that mean?
The Smart ones huh. Which ones are the dumb ones?
The ones that aren't in school.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > The Immigration Protests