Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Age Barriers in Romance

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:56 AM 3 #151 of 210
Looks like you're trying to attack my character there and impose your own morals on me, Sass.
Of course I'm attacking your character. It's not a very good one.

Quote:
We share a lot of interests and enjoy each others' company.
Interests like hanging out at the mall, lip gloss, and Nickelodeon?

FELIPE NO
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2008, 11:13 AM #152 of 210
I'm sure they have long, interesting discussions about the most recent episodes of DeGrassi!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2008, 11:41 PM #153 of 210
If my brother is any indication, it's The Secret Life of the American Teeanger, actually.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 02:49 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 12:49 AM #154 of 210
What's funny is if we got someone in TQP complaining about how their parents are being too restrictive or something and they turn out to be 17 and still in high school, people wouldn't be calling them an adult.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 02:54 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 01:54 AM #155 of 210
I don't think this kid's an adult. Hell, even if he -was- fucking the 15 year old, I wouldn't have any moral qualms with it. Most 15 year olds I know have the ability to figure out sex. I just think it's funny to expect her pappy to be okay with it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Fireman Joe
Superhero Extroadinaire

Member 1518

Level 11.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 03:15 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 07:15 PM #156 of 210
Of course I'm attacking your character. It's not a very good one.

You're not a very good judge of character if you've come to such a conclusion after only a few forum posts.

and no. I hardly need to justify myself to people on the internet I don't know, but to put your cynical mind to rest, we like to play music together (she plays viola, I play cello), we both like sci-fi and anime, etc
Some of her other interests include archery, history and geology. Quite obviously a far cry from most 15 year old girls. I can always have an interesting conversation with her. The only doubts I'm having regarding her maturity are about her fear of her parents, other than that, things are just fine.

I entered into this thread with the intention of contributing to the discussion and possibly receiving some advice regarding dealing with her parents, not the intention of being attacked. It's served as a reminder to why I don't post often.
If you're all quite done, I'll be taking my leave from the thread.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 05:19 AM #157 of 210
I hardly need to justify myself to people on the internet I don't know, but to put your cynical mind to rest
Sass may say shes not a good judge of character - but here you are saying "I don't have to validate myself to you but I will anyway".

I was speaking idiomatically.
Duo Maxwell
like this

Member 1139

Level 18.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 07:15 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 04:15 AM #158 of 210
Quote:
Do you think that if either of you had been aware of the 10 year age difference before dating, would it have hindered things at all?
Probably not. It's hard to answer that question. Even knowing now, it really doesn't make things that awkward, because I don't notice the difference.

Actually, I think the only thing about the relationship that btohers me is that she's "religious." I don't know if that's even the word to use.

Wow, this reply is like 5 months late.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Posting without content since 2002.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:36 AM #159 of 210
You're not a very good judge of character if you've come to such a conclusion after only a few forum posts.

and no. I hardly need to justify myself to people on the internet I don't know, but to put your cynical mind to rest, we like to play music together (she plays viola, I play cello), we both like sci-fi and anime, etc
Some of her other interests include archery, history and geology. Quite obviously a far cry from most 15 year old girls. I can always have an interesting conversation with her. The only doubts I'm having regarding her maturity are about her fear of her parents, other than that, things are just fine.
"I hardly need to justify myself to you! BUT LET ME DO IT ANYWAYS."

I don't particularly care about the interests you share. I am sure she is "very mature for her age" and you will be together for "a long time."

That is, of course, until her parents find out!

Quote:
I entered into this thread with the intention of contributing to the discussion and possibly receiving some advice regarding dealing with her parents, not the intention of being attacked. It's served as a reminder to why I don't post often.
If you're all quite done, I'll be taking my leave from the thread.
O you poor, poor thing. You wanted advice for your relationship with a fifteen year old and you didn't get it.

Here's the schtick: Her Pops isn't going to be cool with it. She's going to avoid telling him. And you're going to continue to pressure her to "stand up" to her father, despite her being essentially a child (in the eyes of the law and family).

You're all kinds of hilarious.

FELIPE NO
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:43 AM #160 of 210
That is, of course, until her parents find out!
While you can't get in trouble unless you try to hook your nosepickers into her gorilla slit, the parents can certainly tell the police whats going on between you and an underaged girl and then put up some kind of legal restriction.

Most amazing jew boots
Janus X
Stupid Frog

Member 31258

Level 6.95

Jul 2008

Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:11 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2008, 02:11 PM #161 of 210
Age is just a number. Although I would hardly settle with a man proportionally as old as my father (22 years or more in difference), I think older men are usually more mature.

My boyfriend is 19 years older than me. He quickly got over this issue; we love each other and that'S all that matters. However, my mom still feels uneasy that her son-in-law-to-be is 8 years younger that she is...

Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:13 PM #162 of 210
I think older men are usually more mature.
I see you lack a great deal of life experience, young padawan.

Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:15 PM #163 of 210
Age is just a number. Although I would hardly settle with a man proportionally as old as my father (22 years or more in difference), I think older men are usually more mature.

My boyfriend is 19 years older than me. He quickly got over this issue; we love each other and that'S all that matters. However, my mom still feels uneasy that her son-in-law-to-be is 8 years younger that she is...
HOW old are you?

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:19 PM 2 #164 of 210
we love each other and that's all that matters.
Too old to still believe this crap.

Becca
Carob Nut

Member 30825

Level 4.12

Jun 2008

Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:27 PM #165 of 210

I think it all comes down to who you're attracted to. If you have stuff in common great but if not then it probably won't work out or the opposite will happen and you'll end up with someone who can show you a fun time and have lots of adventures with. Now that I'm getting older though, I'm looking for more of a relationship. I wouldn't mind dating around or something kinda causual if I like the person but my family is always moving around alot and it'd be nice to find someone to come home to instead of more ppl you meet who you like and just end up leaving all the time ya know. It gets old.

If the guy's older I don't mind it but not too much older than me. Maybe 3 or 4 at the most.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:32 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2008, 01:32 PM #166 of 210
Yeah, no kidding. I'm curious as to how bad of a cradle-robbing kiddie fiddler your "boyfriend" really is.

Janus X
Stupid Frog

Member 31258

Level 6.95

Jul 2008

Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:32 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2008, 02:32 PM #167 of 210
25. It was 2 years ago...

Quote:
I see you lack a great deal of life experience, young padawan
I never tried to hide it

Quote:
Too old to still believe this crap.
let me live the illusion while I stil can

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Janus X; Jul 28, 2008 at 03:37 PM.
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:42 PM #168 of 210
25. It was 2 years ago...
25 year old was/is dating a 44 year old.

He's old enough to be your father.

So. How much "allowance" does he give you weekly?

I'm not interested in your retarded "age is not a factor" argument, here. You clearly have some issues if you're dating someone old enough to be your father.

Most amazing jew boots
Janus X
Stupid Frog

Member 31258

Level 6.95

Jul 2008

Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:59 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2008, 02:59 PM #169 of 210
Using your logic, dating anyone 10-12 years older could theoritically be one's father

When I met him, I thought he was 35, he thought I was 28. When we figured ou age, there was a period of uneasiness

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 04:05 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2008, 02:05 PM 1 #170 of 210
Using your logic, dating anyone 10-12 years older could theoritically be one's father.
Either you just condoned pedophilia or you're worse at simple arithmetic than a kindergarten student with autism. For your sake, I hope it's the latter.

But I doubt it.

Shively
Banned

Member 28885

Level 13.18

Mar 2008

Old Jul 28, 2008, 04:07 PM #171 of 210
Age is a factor for some and a non factor for others. Although some say age does not matter it does when you look at the long term picture.

My mother was 23 when i was born and my dad 67 so yea it does matter. My dad died when i was 24 years old which is hard for any one to deal with. I won't have a long term relationship with any girl younger or older than 10 years despite getting real person with a few youngers girls in my late 20s.

I think girls who go for older guys typicaly have had bad relationships with their fathers. I think fat men ( especialy fat american men) who import women from 3rd countries have issues with their self esteem thus go for women who will pump their ego and OH cater to their fat laziness and inability to get a girl here in the states.

I think boys who go for older women tend to have had bad relationships with their mothers. There was a peroid of time I had a thing for older women and yes I had a very bad relationship with my mother. When i was 12 I watched her kill 2 people and shoot two others..

So to wrap this up age is a factor always, its just ignored and shunned by some while they pretend its not a factor.

Additional Spam:
Either you just condoned pedophilia or you're worse at simple arithmetic than a kindergarten student with autism. For your sake, I hope it's the latter.

But I doubt it.

I don't know that the older guy could be a pedo as long as the girl was over 18 legaly.

However if she was in her mid 20s + I don't know that I would consider him a pedo at that point.

Last edited by Shively; Jul 28, 2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Misogynyst Gynecologist

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 04:15 PM #172 of 210
Either you just condoned pedophilia or you're worse at simple arithmetic than a kindergarten student with autism.
For someone I find a constant bore, that was one hell of a funny.

Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 04:15 PM #173 of 210
Age is a factor for some and a non factor for others. Although some say age does not matter it does when you look at the long term picture.

My mother was 23 when i was born and my dad 67 so yea it does matter. My dad died when i was 24 years old which is hard for any one to deal with. I won't have a long term relationship with any girl younger or older than 10 years despite getting real person with a few youngers girls in my late 20s.

I think girls who go for older guys typicaly have had bad relationships with their fathers. I think fat men ( especialy fat american men) who import women from 3rd countries have issues with their self esteem thus go for women who will pump their ego and OH cater to their fat laziness and inability to get a girl here in the states.

I think boys who go for older women tend to have had bad relationships with their mothers. There was a peroid of time I had a thing for older women and yes I had a very bad relationship with my mother. When i was 12 I watched her kill 2 people and shoot two others..

So to wrap this up age is a factor always, its just ignored and shunned by some while they pretend its not a factor.

Last edited by Ballpark Frank; Jul 28, 2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: :frankgonk:
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 04:29 PM #174 of 210
However if she was in her mid 20s + I don't know that I would consider him a pedo at that point.
Janus is a male.

And yes, it's legal.

The question is: what does it say about the person?

Originally Posted by Janus
Using your logic, dating anyone 10-12 years older could theoritically be one's father
That's not exactly my logic, but thanks anyhow. And it's "theoretically," for future reference.

19 years is a big difference. I can't possibly imagine what a 44 year old would share in common with a 25 year old, but it's the same old argument. There's something psychologically askew if you ask me.

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 04:30 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2008, 05:30 AM #175 of 210
Double :frankgonk:

Fuck me sideways but that is just.. wrong in all angles. Shively, is that a joke? Do you even have proper medical attention if it were real? Shrink maybe?

And no, I know of some "boys" who go for older women, and they have perfectly normal mother-son relations with their mothers.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Age Barriers in Romance