Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Little Dick Planet - HAHA CHECK OUT WHAT MY LEVEL LOOKS LIKE HAHA XD

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 09:49 PM #151 of 220
I can pretty much confirm that other than whatever online components the patch brought, overall IT SUCKS.
It did away with the lyrics which isn't a big deal as Miles mentioned, btw don't try deleting the game data so you can try to play the qua'ran song because it will corrupt and delete your saved data without the new patch.

Anyways, I'm a cheap person who uses a ps2 usb adapter to play some ps3 games that support it and thus saving me a 40 dollar purchase for a dual shock. The new patch did away with the ps2 controller support and now I can't play with anyone in my house anymore to get the team objects. Now I have to wait for the servers to go online for those

Additional Spam:
Good news my friends, The servers are up today so I'll be looking at ya'll for some team plays so we can knock out those 4 player trophies.
I know chato, miles, cobalt, jazz and many more have the game that are in my friends list so be ready for invites =p

FELIPE NO

New Record!

Last edited by Shenlon; Oct 27, 2008 at 02:10 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:14 PM #152 of 220
Ouch, the servers have been crap today (as expected). I managed to play a flawless couple of games in the morning on my break, but when I got home at 5:00pm, the game was nigh-unplayable. Giant 45-second pauses in the lobby menu, online levels not opening after waiting 5 minutes, not being able to connect to certain people, etc...

The launch week explosion that happens to every online game has definitely happened to LBP, and what's worse is that if you're logged in at all to PSN, it'll lag your single-player game as well.

Good thing I got my gametime in on the weekend so I can sit out these server problems for the next "however-many-days-it-takes" until they fix it.

I really hope they get this experience as lag-free as possible, because the little bit I played in the morning was pure bliss. Jumping into a random online level, having a couple of other people join in and then actually stick around as you pick another cool random online level is A HELLUVA LOT OF FUN.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by JazzFlight; Oct 27, 2008 at 10:17 PM.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Oct 27, 2008, 11:16 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2008, 09:16 PM #153 of 220
Well, I guess I'm glad I missed out then. I was tempted to call in sick if the servers were live but I guess I'm glad my guilty conscience told me no.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:11 AM #154 of 220
Server issues aside, here's what my impressions of the game have been so far (Not done with Story mode quite yet, played some online levels).

The game looks great. They really did a fantastic job with the textures, making cloth look like cloth, wood look like wood, and so forth. Sackboy's expressions are priceless, and being able to control them makes it even better.

Story levels are amazingly well-crafted, challenging, and charming. Each makes use of the available mechanics in the game extremely well. I love the different environments, especially the desert.

The soundtrack took me by surprise. I went into it knowing nothing, and was greeted by The Go! Team in the first non-tutorial level (I STILL haven't unlocked that track). The variety and quality of the music in each region is awesome. I hope they release a compilation soundtrack or something. If not, I'll just go investigate the different artists myself.

What I don't like, however, are the controls. Level construction is effective, and it really feels like they put a lot of time and polish into that. However, level playing is not. The biggest flaw is with the three different "layers" you can swap between. When there are multiple objects close together in different layers, jumping between them can be tricky as the game doesn't seem to know which one you're trying to go for. This has killed me countless times and it's getting really frustrating. I hope they patch this to be a little better at some point.

Overall the game's a fun experience. Not the game to end all games, or even Game of the Year material, but definitely worth the time and money.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:52 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2008, 11:52 PM #155 of 220
This may be the most fun I've had with a game in years. Purely enjoyable.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 10:57 AM #156 of 220
The soundtrack is the second star of the game imo.
Once I was able to connect to some other players i thought it would work if I invited Jazz, so sorry about the repetitive invites. I thought it would work after a while ^^
was only able to get 2 games in with chato but the lag was literally killing us. Seriously, the beta servers ran much better than they did last night but I guess it was because the game was a lot more empty.
Playing the game in single player is just as impossible if your connected online and even more difficult if your creating a level since rewinding (undoing) takes forever.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

New Record!
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 11:32 AM #157 of 220
This may be the most fun I've had with a game in years. Purely enjoyable.
I gotta say, and I don't care what any of you think, game of the decade. I can't wait until I have a working PS3 to keep playing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 03:24 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2008, 02:24 PM #158 of 220
I've been playing the game with my sister and enjoying it (hands down the best game I've played on the PS3), but I haven't played it online yet since my internet keeps fucking up. The cable company should be sending someone over today to hopefully fix it, so I should be able to play online without any problems soon.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 03:38 PM #159 of 220
I've played some online today and so far I've played with a full party of four with little to no lag. Only major lag was when connecting with a player for the first time then after the loading it ran fine.
Also I didn't know the patch changed the controls for the jetpack. I was shaking my controller like a madman until i saw that all I had to press O to remove it.

FELIPE NO

New Record!
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 03:47 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2008, 02:47 PM #160 of 220
I thought that was a change from the beta to the final game, since I noticed it even before I downloaded the patch. Either way, I kinda hate it, since I got used to shaking the controller to do it, and it just seemed more fun. I guess people who don't have controllers with Sixaxis complained or something though, since they were kinda screwed.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 04:12 PM #161 of 220
really? because I beat story mode before the new patch and I don't remember using the O button to get off the jetpacks until today. And since the took out the ps2 controller support, who wouldn't be using the axis. Unless the new dual shocks don't have motion sensors?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

New Record!
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 28, 2008, 04:36 PM Local time: Oct 28, 2008, 03:36 PM #162 of 220
Well I think there have been two patches released so far, and people who got one of the recalled copies got the game totally unpatched while people who got the regular version already had the first patch installed. I have one of the regular copies and it's always been like that for me, so they must have made that change in the first patch.

As for Sixaxis, I believe it's only in official Sony controllers, so if you're using a third party PS3 controller you still wouldn't be able to remove the jetpack by shaking it.

Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2008, 04:10 PM #163 of 220
I just got the game today and it's great so far. Too bad I can't try online mode as every time I start up the game it had trouble connecting to the server. @_@

Now I just need to make more time to play the game. ;_;

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Celisasu
Tattered Wings

Member 8011

Level 9.35

Jun 2006

Old Oct 30, 2008, 06:30 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2008, 03:30 PM #164 of 220
I just picked this(and Fall Out 3) up a little while ago. About to install them into my PS3. Since this is the first game I'm getting that's worth going online with I also got a cord long enough to run it through my router. It's nice to have something else for my PS3(I only had Disgaea 3 and NHL09 up to this point).

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2008, 09:36 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2008, 08:36 PM #165 of 220
I finally got to play some online today (every time I previously tried it kept borking out on me), and honestly the lag kinda kills it. It's not unplayable, but it's nowhere near as fun as it is playing offline multiplayer. Even though the lag wasn't prevalent all throughout, at the times it did occur it could be pretty lethal (it lead to me dying almost as much as the levels did).

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:09 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2008, 09:09 PM #166 of 220
Lag wasn't bad for me at all. Miles and I had a game going on last night that was pretty keen, too.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 3, 2008, 02:01 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2008, 10:01 PM 1 #167 of 220
YouTube Video

This guy is incredible. Just earlier I was decrying the fact that your moves essentially limit the range of playstyles you can support in your created levels (ie, no pickups like in Metroid games, etc). And here's this guy just walzing past any trouble with some ingenius solutions. I have it sussed how you move the craft around, but how he does the shooting (you press R2 or L2) is a completely mystery to me. Absolutely brilliant.

I just played the level and it handles amazingly well. I am going to keep an eye out for this guy.

FELIPE NO

Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 3, 2008, 09:21 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2008, 06:21 PM #168 of 220
I have it sussed how you move the craft around, but how he does the shooting (you press R2 or L2) is a completely mystery to me.
I believe the way it's working is that you hop into that little red circle that is made out of grabbable material and get hooked up with a jet pack. So then you're flying around, still in the circle, connected to the Vic Viper via a very short chain on the jet pack origin. Pressing R1 to shoot is grabbing the red ring and triggering the emitter.

Also hey guys I've been chatting with some of you on PSN, but I haven't stopped in on this thread yet. Just wanted to pimp some my levels if that's okay...

The one I just finished last night:

Level Name: Woodland Alien's Jam Session
Creator Name: CobaltKatze

Basically what I created was a looping piece of music, about four bars, that up to three players can play on several parts. It's kind of like Wii Music, but all LBP style and lacking crappy royalty-free tunes. Gaining, well, my own little groove. I then built a sort of adventure game style level around it with a few seekrits to find. (Apologies for the shoddy quality camera phone pics, it's the best I can do.)

Starts off with my lil mascot character the Woodland Alien giving an intro spiel. He made some instruments and booked a show at a popular club to try em out.

The back alley is pretty barren save for the garbage bin.

In the greenroom, the intercom tells you to wait a bit for the opening band to finish up and gives a lil tutorial on how to play the instruments (grab them in rhythm!). The sofa here is very important if you want to get all the points...

There's a bit of scripting once you get on stage, but eventually the lights go on and DJ Sack starts up the drum loop. At this point it's totally sandbox mode for three players to jam away on the instruments (Standup Bass, Rhodes Piano, and Synth Vocals). Best I could do given the paltry assortment of music SFX

When done jamming, the players can take a stage dive into the audience to crowd surf to the exit. There's also score bubbles you can get from swinging on the lights... as well as a deadly mosh pit up front.

Once outside, the exit is just a zip line away~

Give it a shot and let me know what you think

---

I also have two other stages up there from the Beta:

Woodland Alien's Drum Kit

Basically a looping drum machine you can "program" and mess around with, also guided along by the Alien. It's the 1st level chronologically before Jam Session.

LittleDigDuggit

A journey into the realm of gaming's past to tackle an LBP style remake of the 1st level of Dig Dug. Kill all the enemies as fast as possible to proceed~

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 4, 2008, 02:49 AM Local time: Nov 4, 2008, 10:49 AM #169 of 220
So then you're flying around, still in the circle, connected to the Vic Viper via a very short chain on the jet pack origin. Pressing R1 to shoot is grabbing the red ring and triggering the emitter.
You hold onto the red circle with R1 the whole time to be able to move the craft around. The shooting is with the L2 and R2 triggers, not R1.

As I said, I can tell how you move the craft around, but how pressing the triggers (enabling you to move your hands) can suddenly trigger an event like launching a glass piece (the shot your craft fires) is a mystery to me and all the better for it.

Anyone who hasn't played the level yet, I urge you to give it a try, it's quite charming. The level name is Libidius.jp, but searching with that brought me no results. Search with the creators name RRR30000 and you should find it. He has an earlier prototype level where the craft is on the end of a horizontal stick, but it's not nearly as polished.

How ya doing, buddy?

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2008, 04:31 AM Local time: Nov 4, 2008, 03:31 AM #170 of 220
Just tried the Libidius.jp level, very very cool. Did anyone try this guy's Tetris level (TETRIN.jp) as well? Pretty neat, but very difficult to get the blocks to align the way you want

You hold onto the red circle with R1 the whole time to be able to move the craft around. The shooting is with the L2 and R2 triggers, not R1.

As I said, I can tell how you move the craft around, but how pressing the triggers (enabling you to move your hands) can suddenly trigger an event like launching a glass piece (the shot your craft fires) is a mystery to me and all the better for it.
Uhh, I think maybe you should play it again. Pressing R1 is what made you fire your cannon, which makes sense as there's probably a grab/touch sensor there. Pressing X made you speed up, basically the same function as when you're operating a jet pack (since that's esssentially what you're using, plus you could occasionally see the chain). The R2 and L2 buttons did nothing to affect your craft.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 4, 2008, 04:58 AM Local time: Nov 4, 2008, 12:58 PM #171 of 220
If you hold R1 from the start and don't let go, R2 and L2 fire. Give it a try.

I, however, didn't realize you could let go of R1. It caused the craft to disappear in the prototype level, so I assumed it was the same here. Silly me.

EDIT:
Ah, you can let go and hold R1 again without a problem. So, while holding R1, pressing R2 or L2 fires. Not sure why or if that's even intentional.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Nov 4, 2008 at 05:05 AM.
Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2008, 02:00 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2008, 11:00 AM #172 of 220
Wow, that's actually a really cool discovery! Held items that can still be activated is a huge boon to a lot of design ideas.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2008, 03:10 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2008, 08:10 PM #173 of 220
My copy of LBP arrived today, but unfortunately I can't connect to the servers (no clue why, I suspect they've not been turned on yet since the release is tomorrow, though PSN being shit can't be ruled out) so no online access means I've given up on it for today.

Cobalt Katze

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Nov 4, 2008, 03:39 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2008, 12:39 PM #174 of 220
The LBP servers are down for maintenance right now since they're preparing for the European launch and another huge influx of traffic.

Play the story mode in the meantime, it really is awesome and totally doable without online

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2008, 01:42 PM #175 of 220
So I just picked up the game. Anyone down to get a 4 man multi session online tonight?

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Little Dick Planet - HAHA CHECK OUT WHAT MY LEVEL LOOKS LIKE HAHA XD