Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Asian Film Thread

luda888
Syklis Green

Member 7739

Level 7.71

May 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 06:23 PM #126 of 153
Anyone watch Ichi the Killer. Somewhat of a disgusting comedy. Gory and disturbing.

I loved it though.

Most amazing jew boots
Weapon
FK in the coffee

Member 4644

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 11:37 AM #127 of 153
Originally Posted by Jan
My friend also showed me the trailer for Chinese movie called SPL(2005) by director Wilson Yip and starring Donnie Yen and a few other martial arts geniouses. Shit looks hardcore to say the least. I'll have to check it out for sure soon.

Here's teh trailer for SPL.
Just got it yesterday. Good solid action movie. Samo Hung might be old but he's still bad ass

Donnie Yen is slowly comming out of the shadows finaly. He's a bit underratted been that he never does a film where he's the main star anymore. Then again I think this is something I like about him.

FELIPE NO
Tetsuo
Carob Nut

Member 1549

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 04:18 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 10:18 AM #128 of 153
A Bittersweet Life is well worth checking out; the latest from the director of A Tale of Two Sisters. It is a simple revenge film but superbly made although never reaches the bleakness of Sympathy for Mr Vengence.

Most amazing jew boots
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2006, 02:20 PM #129 of 153
Just wondering has anyone else seen Takashi Miike's Gozu? I don't really know what to say after watching it. It's just like... holy fuck what did I just watch?

One thing I noticed were a few odd similarities between Gozu and the plot of Silent Hill. Three obvious ones being; companion mysteriously dissapears, fucked up town and that the road is blocked by a river at one point.
Oddly enough this movie
Spoiler:
has a happy ending. Atleast from my point of view. = /

Jam it back in, in the dark.
[/RIGHT]
Kyndig
Syklis Green

Member 2709

Level 7.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 08:47 AM #130 of 153
I just saw Shadowless Sword the other night. Other than the final fight scene this movie is a complete waste of time. Save yourself the trouble and just watch the last ten or fifteen minutes, if you bother at all. Not that I was expecting much, since it is a Korean movie.

Most amazing jew boots
Hybrid Hunter
Wark!

Member 937

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:22 AM Local time: Jun 8, 2006, 02:22 AM #131 of 153
Yeah, i heard Shadowless Sword wasn't all that good. I'll still take a look at it, but won't have any high expectations.

SPL is an awesome movie, though extremely tragic. Good to see Donnie Yen back in action too.

How ya doing, buddy?
luda888
Syklis Green

Member 7739

Level 7.71

May 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 03:07 PM #132 of 153
Originally Posted by Jan
Just wondering has anyone else seen Takashi Miike's Gozu? I don't really know what to say after watching it. It's just like... holy fuck what did I just watch?

One thing I noticed were a few odd similarities between Gozu and the plot of Silent Hill. Three obvious ones being; companion mysteriously dissapears, fucked up town and that the road is blocked by a river at one point.
Oddly enough this movie
Spoiler:
has a happy ending. Atleast from my point of view. = /
i was going to watch that. is it any good? have you seen ichi the killer also directed by Takashi Miike?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 02:24 PM #133 of 153
Originally Posted by luda888
i was going to watch that. is it any good? have you seen ichi the killer also directed by Takashi Miike?
Yah I've seen Ichi. Gozu is more recent and yah, it's good I'd say albeit quite gross.

I was speaking idiomatically.
[/RIGHT]
Cobra
One day...

Member 1101

Level 7.89

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 08:54 AM #134 of 153
Originally Posted by Zaktah
I just saw Shadowless Sword the other night. Other than the final fight scene this movie is a complete waste of time. Save yourself the trouble and just watch the last ten or fifteen minutes, if you bother at all. Not that I was expecting much, since it is a Korean movie.
Well if you live in 2006, Korean cinema has became one the the most (maybe the most) interesting asian cinema since the retrocession of HK to China. Of course Hong Kong still can do some great movies like they used to bring us in the 90's, like the recent "Sha Po Lang" or "Fearless". But it's better to not underestimate the korean cinema anymore. That said, I agree Shadowless Sword miss something to be a great sword movie. The photography, the scenery and the costumes are beautiful (although they didn't used the costumes of the promotional posters -_-), some action scenes delivers, but overall this little something to be a great epic movie is missing. Not to mention the "flying fights" scenes are somewhat ridiculous.
I recently saw "Shinobi" (The anime Basilisk is adapted from the same novel : Romeo and Juliet in the ninja land) and it suffer from the same flaws, the shape is nice but what's inside isn't that interesting.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Jun 11, 2006, 07:12 PM Local time: Jun 11, 2006, 06:12 PM #135 of 153
Uh oh...I was planning to check out Basilisk at some point. Tell me it's better than Shinobi. ;_;

How ya doing, buddy?

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Cobra
One day...

Member 1101

Level 7.89

Mar 2006

Old Jun 12, 2006, 02:20 PM #136 of 153
It's harmless, go on. The firsts episodes are good at least. Still, Ninja Scroll TV is better than that in many ways.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:46 AM #137 of 153
Anyone seen Survive Style Five? That shit's got fucking Vinnie Jones in it!!!
If you havent seen it, see it!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
[/RIGHT]
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 10:35 PM #138 of 153
has anyone seen seven swords. Obviously a recreation from seven samurai but it concentrates on the different abilities of each sword. An awsome movie, are there any other martial art films worth watching?
I'll also make sure to look up surfive style 5, seems to have some good ratings ^_^

There's nowhere I can't reach.

New Record!
Cobra
One day...

Member 1101

Level 7.89

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 06:05 AM #139 of 153
Check Fearless (Huo Yuan Jia), the best Jet Li movie since 1994.
Seven Swords was alright. Just an ok Tsui Hark, but not as crazy as his previous movies like The Blade or the Swordsman trilogy. Not to mention the OUATIC saga. But Seven Swords got its moments (the last fight with Donnie Yen was SO Tsui Hark).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 09:44 AM #140 of 153
Yeah Fearless was a good movie but It reminded me of hero a bit too much. It seems like jet li is becoming kinda like zhang ziyi becuase of:

Spoiler for jet li and zhang ziyi movies. .
Spoiler:
The fact that jet li's character has to die in these dramatic movies

New Record!
Cobra
One day...

Member 1101

Level 7.89

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:22 AM #141 of 153
Originally Posted by Shenlon
Yeah Fearless was a good movie but It reminded me of hero a bit too much. It seems like jet li is becoming kinda like zhang ziyi becuase of:

Spoiler for jet li and zhang ziyi movies. .
Spoiler:
The fact that jet li's character has to die in these dramatic movies
erm.
Spoiler:
Except it didn't follow exactly the true story, Huo Yuan Jia actually died in this tournament, poisoned by the japanese. That's why his pupil -Jet Li or Bruce Lee in Fist of Fury or Fist of Legend- has to avenge him.

And Fearless was 100 times superior to Hero IMHO, which was almost entirely show off and slow motion, aimed for the western audience, like Crouching Tiger was. Fearless got a solid story, great photography and outstanding well executed action sequences. Ronnie Yu is, by far, a better director for this movie genre than Zhang Yimou will ever be. Check the Bride with White Hairs (Jiang Hu). A true Wu Xia Pian masterpiece.

Last edited by Cobra; Jun 26, 2006 at 11:31 AM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 01:04 AM #142 of 153
well I just finish watching the Korean movie "Daisy" with my favorite actress of all time Ji-hyun Jun

this movie was really good and really sad ; ;

I just love all the film she played in, she' didn't do a lot of movie (about 6 be are all good!), but I think she's a very good actress that can really make you feel all kind of emotion. Anyone who know "My Sassy Girl" know of who i'm talking about ^^ I so love her in "My Sassy Girl" "Windstruck" and "Daisy"...well I love her in all her movies XD She did too "Il mare" which got a remake called "The Lake House" curently playing in theater (still didn't see it, wonder in Sandra Bullock play the role of Ji-hyun Jun as good as her)

well anyway, anyone who like some "romantic comedy" I suggest My Sassy Girl and Windstruck! and for Drama: Daisy, Il Mare ^^

Last edited by Inhert; Jul 13, 2006 at 01:09 AM.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 13, 2006, 06:27 PM #143 of 153
gasp where did you get Daisy from?
I wanted to catch it but the torrents are already dead and it just came out this year too.
I think I cried in Il Mare, hahaha. Maybe I'll cry in Daisy if I get the chance to see it. How's the music in Daisy? I liked the songs in Il Mare a lot.

FELIPE NO
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:19 PM #144 of 153
=O I am suprised that no one has even mentioned Lee Jun Ki/이준기. He is like, TEH popular in South Korea.

=O Even more suprising thing is, this guy was never mentioned if I remember right.[yes, I am talking to all of you Japanese wannabees]
Lee Byung-Hun/이병헌, he is supposted to be SUPER popular in Japan.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Kimchi; Aug 16, 2006 at 07:24 PM.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 04:36 PM #145 of 153
Finally got to see Sha Po Lang about a week ago, what an awesome flick. The fightscenes at the very end, are now at the top of my list for most awesome fight scenes ever. On that note, I was also unfortunate enough to watch Death Trance.....

How ya doing, buddy?
Cobra
One day...

Member 1101

Level 7.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 06:15 PM #146 of 153
Originally Posted by Tokubetsu
Finally got to see Sha Po Lang about a week ago, what an awesome flick. The fightscenes at the very end, are now at the top of my list for most awesome fight scenes ever. On that note, I was also unfortunate enough to watch Death Trance.....
Gotta love Wu Jing.
This guy just rules in every scenes he plays in. Not to mention Sammo in the unusual badguy role. Btw, there is a version "cut" for this movie. If you saw the uncut version then
Spoiler:
Donnie Yen dies in the end. Sammo push him trough a window and he fall down on a car.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Cobra; Aug 22, 2006 at 06:24 PM.
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 06:22 PM #147 of 153
Originally Posted by Cobra
Gotta love Wu Jing.
This guy just rules in every scenes he plays in. Not to mention Sammo in the unusual badguy role.
Is he in any other action flicks like this?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cobra
One day...

Member 1101

Level 7.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 06:29 PM #148 of 153
I only saw The Tai Chi Master (not the one with Jet Li, the one from 2005), The Legend of Zu, and Drunken Monkey. The first one wasn't that bad, the second is great but we don't even notice Wu Jing, and I didn't liked the third one, for being a crappy copy of Once Upon A Time In China, with less creativity. So Sha Po Lang was the first movie where I noticed him.

Shaolin Samurai
Top Tier

Member 2005

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 22, 2006, 07:36 PM #149 of 153
Originally Posted by Cobra
And Fearless was 100 times superior to Hero IMHO, which was almost entirely show off and slow motion, aimed for the western audience, like Crouching Tiger was.
Pretty much agreed. However, a major issue I had with the film was in the action choreography for the Japanese warrior - it looked absolutely ridiculous the way he flailed his katana around like it was a wu shu sword. Of course it's a Chinese film with Chinese action choreographers with a distinctly Chinese style, but IMO Chinese style choreographry + Japanese katana swordplay just don't go well together. Also look at the Princess Blade, directed by Donnie Yen (a superb action director as well). The katana-based swordplay in that film also looked silly and ridiculous. It was just a tarnish on an otherwise excellent film.

Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:07 PM #150 of 153
I saw the Takeshi Kitano film Hana Bi the other day. See that movie. One of the best movies ever made.

[/RIGHT]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Asian Film Thread