Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Classic] Final Fantasy VI Advanced

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 04:38 AM #126 of 282
No, I blame my gorilla-sized digits. :/

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 04:40 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 03:40 AM #127 of 282
I don't know, dude. I have huge hands, and me and my DS-Lite get along fine with the blitzing.

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:03 AM #128 of 282
Maybe it depends on the system you're playing it on? I play the game on my GBA SP, and I have no problems at all doing Blitzes, especially Aura Cannon. On my sister's Micro, it's a bit harder to pull them off when I did Raging Fist (she didn't know how to do it). I had to press the buttons more slowly for it to register. I noticed that lots of people are having trouble with Blitzes on another message board, so maybe I'm just lucky I guess.

Have you guys seen the scene where the dancing girl says "this one's Humpty and this one's Dumpty?" Is she naming what I think she's naming? :D

P.S. I'm on Sabin's plot point right now. I'm saving the best for last >_>

P.P.S. I don't like seeing those menu portraits whenever characters are talking.

P.P.P.S. I played FFVI twice before getting the GBA version, and I don't ever remember laughing at the escape from the Imperial Camp scene. Was any lines changed there from the SNES version?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Freelance; Feb 8, 2007 at 07:10 AM.
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:22 AM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 01:22 PM #129 of 282
Well, I guess that bit were Sabin involuntarily emulates Cyan's noble accent could be new. The dancing girl scene was really great, pity though they put it in that shortly after Cyan's loss.

Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I never really could figure out how they could tell the difference between artificial magic (magitek) like what Celes uses or the real stuff like what Terra has.
Well, at least the stats kinda show it. I think Celes' healing spell is not nearly as strong as Terra's. Their levels could be a little off though, I didn't really check that when I was defending Narche and now Terra's gone for a while.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:27 AM #130 of 282
Wait a minute....What the fuck is Raging Fist? and Aura Cannon? So they changed the names of some of the moves too? Pummel and Aurabolt? I'd like to see the name for Bum Rush and Air Blade and such.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 07:29 AM #131 of 282
Naw, that scene where Sabin emulates Cyan's way of talking was in the SNES version. The part I'm referring to was when Cyan was in the magitek armour and he couldn't control it. I wonder if the lines he was saying there were altered, 'cause it seems a lot funnier this time around.

P.S. Yes, they changed the names of the Blitzes to make it more accurate to the JPN version, just like a lot of other names in the game. They're just words though. I don't mind what they're called.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Freelance; Feb 8, 2007 at 01:34 PM.
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:20 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 11:20 AM #132 of 282
Does anyone know if they plan on releasing the strategy guide? Normally they have one out before the game... Although Nintendo made the one for FFV, maybe they're doing it again?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:32 PM #133 of 282
So sorry to bring up GFAQs again, but someone emailed them about it and they said they're not making any at this time. As for whether other companies are making any, there's no official word yet. It'd suck if there's no guide. All the other FF releases recently has gotten one.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Freelance; Feb 8, 2007 at 01:40 PM.
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 01:40 PM Local time: Feb 8, 2007, 11:40 AM #134 of 282
That's kind of lame, not that I can't play it without a guide, I just like having it as reading material. Thanks for the info though. Companies usually make a killing just by releasing a guide since they know people will buy it. How weird.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 02:08 PM #135 of 282
You could argue that since they already made a guide back when the SNES version came out, they don't need to make another one. Then again, they did guides for other rereleases.

You could also argue that they don't want to make a guide because the GBA is a dying system, they don't want to make a guide for it.

Yet another reason would be they don't think the game is popular enough to warrant a guide (ironic that FFVI is one of the most popular FF games if that is the case...), or that maybe the previous guides didn't sell enough to warrant making one for FFVI.

Either way, we get screwed. How sad.

Most amazing jew boots

Omnislash124
Currently Playing: Phantom Brave

Member 2043

Level 29.93

Mar 2006

Old Feb 8, 2007, 02:45 PM #136 of 282
I think they figure that there's already to versions of the guide out (Back in the days of SNES and then another with the PSX port). And more or less, the game is unchanged. I suppose you could argue the addition of the Dragon's Den would warrant a new guide along with the name changes.

Anime FTP
Server Status: -XP MODE-
Anime - PM Request
AnimeOST - PM Request
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:34 PM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 06:34 PM #137 of 282
Just got mine today (Huzza for importers) and I'm lovin' every nostaliga-soaked moment of it.

Incidently, the slowdown (as small as it is) doesn't seem to plauge the game all that much when I was playing it in the GBA Player.

Edit: Huh, thats wierd, rage fist eded the Vagrus fight before the tutorial

All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Last edited by Conan-the-3rd; Feb 9, 2007 at 02:04 PM.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 06:07 PM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 05:07 PM #138 of 282
Edit: Huh, thats wierd, rage fist eded the Vagrus fight before the tutorial
It's always worked like that.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 06:17 PM #139 of 282
It's always worked like that.
Yeah, which is kinda funny because one time I was bored on the SNES version and tried using Sabin's Aura DBZish Blitz, which did more damage, yet didn't finish off Vargus. He even said "Come on Sabin!" which really made me laugh since a weaker Blitz was all that was needed to take him out.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 02:03 AM #140 of 282
Instant classic line coming like what.

Spoiler:

This new translation rules.

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 02:10 AM #141 of 282
I didn't even see that line! Awesome stuff man.

I got past the Opera scene, and ppl say the lines changed. I don't even remember the original lines, but anyway, I like the new lines. I had to do it 4 times >_>

This game is addicting, man. I am digging the new translation as well, even though I don't remember every single line in the original.

"There's a reason impose rhymes with dispose!" Did I get that right? >_>

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Freelance; Feb 10, 2007 at 02:14 AM.
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 04:18 AM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 10:18 AM #142 of 282
Instant classic line coming like what.

Spoiler:

This new translation rules.
HAHAH, that's a riot. Got to Gau's part at the moment. Forogt just how long Saban's Story runs on for.

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 04:44 AM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 02:44 AM #143 of 282
"There's a reason impose rhymes with dispose!" Did I get that right? >_>
oppose

I agree that the new translation is fantastic. It really does the game the justice it deserves and sheds more light onto more of the minor details in the game. You aren't left wondering what someone meant by their saying anymore. The biggest thing I've noticed is the addition of hilarity.

Click :D:

The scene in Nikeah at the pub with the whore. Reference is to her tits!

The only thing I'm still disappointed about is the level of difficulty. It's an easy game. Enemies should have had their HP doubled, especially the final boss's. 5X for him. I guess I shouldn't complain. The game is plenty hard when doing a low-level game. (I recommend this challenge to FF6 vets.)

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 05:43 AM #144 of 282
This game is good. By good, I mean fucking awesome. I couldn't even imagine 10 years ago I'd be playing this game on a handheld system. I just finished with the part for the battle at Narshe. I was a bit under-leveled I think, because Sabin didn't have his Fire Dance (or whatever it's called in this one) Blitz yet and I always seem to choose the "wrong people" to stick in each of th three parties.

I haven't experienced any lag or slowdown or anything like that. It's just a thrill for me that I don't have to dig out the SNES copy again unless I want to re-live everything and notice the differences.

Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 08:56 AM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 02:56 PM #145 of 282
Onto the second Stratagy battle...wooboy, I knew I was going to hate this part and bugger if I don't know I'm right some times.

Edit: ... and it turns out I could of mad dashed though it with Terra, Edgar, Saban and Cyan...

Last edited by Conan-the-3rd; Feb 10, 2007 at 09:54 AM.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:49 PM #146 of 282
@Render: I knew that didn't sound right. Thanks for the correction.

I had to do that strategy battle two times. Blah, I heard that if you're quick, you can actually get through to Kefka so you don't have to defeat every single soldier, but I killed them all anyway. That part was tough. I put 3 of my strongest in one party (for boss battle), 2 2nd strongest in another party, and the last 2 in the last party and just shoved them in the corner so they don't have to fight.

I'm at the Magitek factory now. Yay!

Stealing is awesome. I got cool gear like Dragoon Boots, Mythril Vests, and a gazillion tents and hi-potions. Yay!

P.S. Ifrit just killed my entire party!!! :( For an Esper who was drained of its power, how could he cast Fira?

Last edited by Freelance; Feb 10, 2007 at 01:08 PM.
Conan-the-3rd

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 01:19 PM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 07:19 PM #147 of 282
Actualy by the end of it that's exactly what I did, shoved a healer (Terra, being the better of the two) and then practuly went from highest LV to lowest.
Actualy once you do that, the battle is a breaze and afterwords shoving two Earring Relics on Cless seems to more or less offset Terra's narutal magical tellent.

Most amazing jew boots
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 01:20 PM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 12:20 PM #148 of 282
I think they figure that there's already to versions of the guide out (Back in the days of SNES and then another with the PSX port). And more or less, the game is unchanged. I suppose you could argue the addition of the Dragon's Den would warrant a new guide along with the name changes.
That didn't stop Nintendo from doing FF5 and FF4 guides, both of which have been done to death before.

The guide Daravon posted earlier is probably your best bet if you must* have a book, even though it's in Japanese. It's 400 odd pages, and it looks beautiful.

*Some of us are whores like that.

Render
River Chocobo

Member 4283

Level 25.60

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 02:54 PM Local time: Feb 10, 2007, 12:54 PM #149 of 282
A word of caution, I don't think Vanish+Death works anymore. I went to go power level my magic with the help of Intangirs and Death actually MISSED them. O_o

I was speaking idiomatically.
Shaolin Samurai
Top Tier

Member 2005

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 10, 2007, 03:18 PM #150 of 282
Yeah Vanish no longer overrides instant death protection of monsters. So no Vanish + Doom/X-zone. Algorithms for Evade have been fixed as well. Yay for Illumina being even more broken!

Still you can't get some monster's Rages like Proto-Armor... and Gau and Gogo can't equip the Merit Award so no more Wind God Gau/Gogo =\

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Classic] Final Fantasy VI Advanced