Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp

Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:34 PM #1351 of 1567
Sounds like a plan. I've got you added, so I'll be ready when you get out.

EDIT: Not sure what happened there at the end, but great games GB. Your Wario is definitely a monster on the battlefield! I'd be happy to play again any time, so feel free to ask whenever! Thanks for playing.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Black Mage; Apr 13, 2008 at 03:13 PM.
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 03:25 PM #1352 of 1567
Oh, well after you left, GB, my sister and I played SSX3.

Fun matches we had. Were you surprised when I Bowsercided you? I guess the claw is stronger than the sword XD

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 03:26 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 01:26 PM #1353 of 1567
Sorry for leaving after one match, but I told BM we'd fight. I thought the second person in your match was him and picked Ike for crowd control... so I was thrown off pretty well when it was just Akito's character sitting around again. Ike's no good for one-on-ones, and a Bowsercide was probably a fitting end.

Quote:
EDIT: Not sure what happened there at the end, but great games GB. Your Wario is definitely a monster on the battlefield! I'd be happy to play again any time, so feel free to ask whenever! Thanks for playing.
Not sure what happened either, but it caused my controller to rumble until WFC finally booted us!

You're good with just about everyone out there, but I was particularly impressed with your Zelda and Pokemon Trainer (Charizard in particular). You didn't use them a whole lot, but I was practically helpless when you did. Definitely will have to do this again.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Apr 13, 2008 at 03:31 PM.
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 03:31 PM #1354 of 1567
Oh yeah, sorry about that. My sister went to get Iced Tea and I thought she'd be back quick but she didn't get back until after Lucas died the third time. The last match we had got pretty laggy though. Dunno what happened there.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 03:33 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 01:33 PM #1355 of 1567
We'll test the connection again at some point. But for now, I think I need a break! Been playing for two or three hours straight now.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:15 PM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 09:15 PM #1356 of 1567
I don't know if there's anybody posting in this thread that doesn't read the journals, but regardless, would anyone mind answering a couple of questions I have regarding the game's music?

http://www.gamingforce.org/forums/jo...&entryid=36890

The second question is mainly for people that are experienced at gameripping, so if I could receive some input for the first question that'd be appreciated.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2008, 02:03 AM #1357 of 1567
And the final dojo update is... A notice for no more updates, a thank you letter and bits of Smash Trivia.

Because spoiler tags in Brawl still mean something apparently.:

This one takes the god damn cake:

Quote:
Brawl’s director, Masahiro Sakurai, provided the voice for King Dedede.
This is an interesting bit of info also:

Quote:
You can ensure you go to World 1-1 on the Mushroomy Kingdom stage by holding down a button as you select the stage. For the GameCube and Classic Controllers, hold down the X or Y Buttons. For the Wii Remote control scheme, use the A Button, and for the Nunchuk and Wii Remote combo, hold down the Z Button.

If you feel like you’d like to play Mushroomy Kingdom’s World 1-2, you can choose that one as well. When playing with the GameCube or Classic Controller, hold down the L Button or R Button while selecting the stage to go to World 1-2. When using a Wii Remote, hold the B Button, and when using the Nunchuk and Wii Remote combo, hold down the C Button.
Well, that's everything I find interesting.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Chaotic; Apr 14, 2008 at 02:18 AM.
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2008, 02:50 AM #1358 of 1567
Originally Posted by Masahiro Sakurai @ smashbros.com
... Also, there’s always a chance that I will need to update sometime in the future with some kind of announcement. ...
Yeah, the release date for EU/AU.
...and that I hope they will do another screenshot gallery.

Oh man, that's one MASSIVE trivia/tidbits! Some are fun to know while others are interesting/not discovered by fans. Well it's been fun smashbros.com. Don't worry I'll come back to you when I need to look up something. You save me $20 by not buying the borken guide.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2008, 04:08 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2008, 02:08 AM #1359 of 1567
Spent about 5 hours on boss battles intense today. Was using toon link's d-air. Got to Tabuu a few times, almost beat him once. Then after 5 hours decided it wasn't worth it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:05 AM Local time: Apr 14, 2008, 09:05 AM 2 #1360 of 1567
Quote:
If you flick up while shielding, your character will actually jump straight out of the shielding animation. This technique also lets you perform your up smash straight out of your shield...

Quote:
Brawl’s director, Masahiro Sakurai, provided the voice for King Dedede.

How ya doing, buddy?
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Apr 19, 2008, 01:22 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2008, 11:22 AM #1361 of 1567

Dang, I finally beat the game on vhard without using a continue with fox. I've been trying to train every Saturday. I'm sure some of you are like "lawl i beat it on intense without losing 1 stock" but this is still an achievement for me. When I first got the game I couldn't beat normal mode without using a continue with fox. Now to train on intense mode. ._.

I do think I sort of got lucky. Usually on vhard I might sometimes have to fight a group of Sonic's and they can be a pain in the ass. I'll go through like 3 stocks trying to kill all 10. Or even worse, a team Lucas match.

Oh yeah, and the funniest thing happened the other day. My friends were doing a little mini tournament here with levels set at random. And the very last fight was randomly picked as Air Stepping, some level Kairyu made. The player that sucked actually won that match because the other player kept slipping off the edge. Easy win and a non-epic battle. XD

How ya doing, buddy?
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2008, 03:54 PM #1362 of 1567
Wait. You're talking about classic mode, right? Anyway, you would had gotten MOAR points if you didn't lose any stock.

Well good luck on intense mode. You gonna need it. @_@

...then play with every character to add to your trophy collection if you haven't done so already...

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Apr 19, 2008, 04:05 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2008, 02:05 PM #1363 of 1567
Yeah, classic mode. I can hold my stock pretty well. It's just the team matches that are a pain in the ass. That, and sometimes I'll have to fight 3 cheap characters before the master hand which leeches any leftover stocks. Like I said before, it depends on who I have to fight. Once I get to the master hand though its a done deal. He's pretty easy to dodge and defeat.

Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 19, 2008, 04:28 PM Local time: Apr 19, 2008, 11:28 AM #1364 of 1567
Oh yeah, and the funniest thing happened the other day. My friends were doing a little mini tournament here with levels set at random. And the very last fight was randomly picked as Air Stepping, some level Kairyu made. The player that sucked actually won that match because the other player kept slipping off the edge. Easy win and a non-epic battle. XD

That's not even supposed to be a playable level. I made it to practice jumping, dodging maneuvers and item throwing. The ice is there so you can't hang off the edge and it forces you to stay on the moving platforms. I'd probably break my controller if that level was randomly chosen for my tournament match D:

Cheezeman3000
Master of Music

Member 1037

Level 13.58

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 12:30 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2008, 10:30 AM #1365 of 1567
Beat boss battles on intense finally. Used Charizard's rock smash the entire time. Just glad to get that out of the way... it took me way too long to do it. Now it's on to the 100-man brawls (damn Jigglypuff).

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 02:50 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2008, 02:50 PM #1366 of 1567
Speaking of multi-man....I need to do the 15-minute one. I got to about 2 minutes left before being KO'ed as Kirby. Odd thing was getting to about 200% before going...

100-man wasn't that hard for me, although it was fun with the 15-minute one and trying for about 400 kills. My goal is 500.

Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 03:10 PM #1367 of 1567
I found 100-man Brawl to be a pain because I'm doing it for ALL characters and they get aggressive near the end. Once they start knocking me off the stage I find it a bit difficult to get back on some characters. @_@

After that is off to All-Star and Boss Battle. x_x

How ya doing, buddy?
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 05:45 PM #1368 of 1567
Played against summonmaster and Miles today. Those were some fun matches. Funniest bits was seeing Miles trying to kill Sm with his Landmasta and I bombcided, taking out two people (forgot who I killed XD)

Great matches, guys ^_^

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 20, 2008 at 06:36 PM.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2008, 06:35 PM #1369 of 1567
Ugh! Finally completed All Star Mode with every character and got all final smash trophies for all characters as well. Here's what I've got left for the challenges:

Clear Classic with 20 characters
Clear Classic with all characters
Clear 100-Man Brawl with all characters (oh, hell no)
Collect all stickers
Get 400 combined max combos with all characters in Training
Clear Target Smash level 3 with 10 characters
Clear Target Smash level 4 with 10 characters
Clear Target Smash level 2 with all characters
Clear Target Smash level 3 with all characters
Clear Target Smash level 4 with all characters
Clear Target Smash level 5 with all characters
Collect trophies for all characters (I'm guessing that's for classic mode)
Get 500 different trophies
Clear Boss Battles with all characters (about 9 characters left)
Then there's one blue window which I have no idea is behind but it's the 3rd row on the far left.
On top of that, I have 5 hammers to use one of which will most likely be used on 100-Man Brawl.

Yeah, beating All-Star Mode with every character was a pain in the ass, especially with Yoshi...I had to continue with him about 5 times and that was on Easy difficulty. One time I blame myself for because of throwing a bob-omb too close to my opponent.

I need to start playing online with you guys again, because it sounds like you guys are having a blast.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 03:36 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2008, 01:36 PM #1370 of 1567
Just dropping in to say I'm back from Japan and ready to lose to everyone's probably vastly improved skills at Smash now. Well actually, I won't be back home with my Wii until two weeks from now, but I'm back stateside regardless.

Looks like I have even more fun to catch up on. Were those tourney threads I saw in multiplayer? Le gasp.

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 07:24 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2008, 07:24 PM #1371 of 1567

Clear Classic with 20 characters
Clear Classic with all characters
Clear 100-Man Brawl with all characters (oh, hell no)
Collect all stickers
Get 400 combined max combos with all characters in Training
Clear Target Smash level 3 with 10 characters
Clear Target Smash level 4 with 10 characters
Clear Target Smash level 2 with all characters
Clear Target Smash level 3 with all characters
Clear Target Smash level 4 with all characters
Clear Target Smash level 5 with all characters
Collect trophies for all characters (I'm guessing that's for classic mode)
Get 500 different trophies
Clear Boss Battles with all characters (about 9 characters left)
Then there's one blue window which I have no idea is behind but it's the 3rd row on the far left.
On top of that, I have 5 hammers to use one of which will most likely be used on 100-Man Brawl.
All the Target Smash challenges together took me about almost 2 hours after got all the Speed Target Smash challenges. And no, I didn't constantly beat the clocks with each character, but came close.

Complete 100-man Brawl with all characters? To hell with that. I have 1 hammer left, and as soon as I find out which of the 3 blues I have left that one is under, I'm SMASHING IT!!!

Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2008, 09:44 PM #1372 of 1567
It's snapshot time!! Some pics may be familiar to some, as I sent them through the Wii. This time I have captions!

Spoiler:

The tower of...something:

When he's not helping the Pikmin, Olimar likes to go rockclimbing:

Who needs cannons when you have pipes?

Venusaur needs lots of fibre in his diet. His trainer looks on in shame.

WTF! How come there's all this wide open space and yet you all manage to bump right into me?

What I would've entered for the snapshot contest if people bothered to participate :P
Anyway, that's Mario Koopa, but he got the painting wrong!

MARIO, HAALLLLLLLP!!!!!

Last edited by Freelance; Apr 21, 2008 at 09:53 PM.
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 01:22 AM #1373 of 1567
LOL, nice.

And when are we going to have that snapshot-of-the-week-thing?! I have plentysome to show off!

Most amazing jew boots
Freelance

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 05:26 AM #1374 of 1567
LOL, nice.

And when are we going to have that snapshot-of-the-week-thing?! I have plentysome to show off!
We already had one! I was the only person who submitted a snapshot!

I hope we don't set up another one though! I pretty much showed you all my funniest ones!!

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:57 PM #1375 of 1567
We already had one! I was the only person who submitted a snapshot!

I hope we don't set up another one though! I pretty much showed you all my funniest ones!!
There already was one!?!?
I didn't see a separate thread for it, and must have missed it if it was within this thread since there was no, like, official commitment or anything :/ Oh well, I sent pictures almost daily to my Wii buddies anyways.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Ver. 214. Gobble Gobble Gobble, Slurp Slurp Slurp