Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[] Pokemon Draft Tournament 2.0

Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:00 PM #101 of 115
The results continue to come in.

Tritoch vs Black Mage:

Round 1 (6v6)
Tritoch and I started off this match with very little trouble in the connection front. Unfortunately for me, Tritoch definitely picked the better leading Pokemon. Luck was on my side in the accuracy department though, and a couple of misses allowed the KingOfHell to rear its ugly head. Tritoch suffered a few loses until he forced out said King, but was met with Starmie instead.

Black Mage lost 0
Tritoch lost 6

Round 2 (3v3)
There are times when some Pokemon just cannot stop another. I experienced this in the Gym Battle tournament against Crash, and as it turns out Starmie was once again the culprit. Tag-teaming with the KingOfHell proved devastating, but Tritoch fought to the bitter end and made the most of it. We had a bit of a laugh at AN EXTREMELY POWERFUL MOVE fizzling out at the last second.

Black Mage lost 0
Tritoch lost 3

Good matches Tritoch!

Black Mage wins! (2-0)
Pokemon Tritoch defeated: 0
Pokemon I defeated: 9

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Black Mage; Jul 24, 2008 at 10:03 PM.
radcliff13
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 30260

Level 3.20

May 2008

Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:39 AM #102 of 115
Black Mage vs Radcliff92:

Round 1: Well the first round took some time, but in the end BM won it out.
Round 2: This was poor planning on my part and it was a very easy win for BM.

Black Mage wins!! 2-0
BM lost 3
Radcliff lost 9

Most amazing jew boots
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:47 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2008, 07:47 PM #103 of 115
Good game, radcliff

radcliff13 vs Kairyu:
Round 1 (6v6)
Kai picks a bad opener again. But with a little luck I pulled through with some crazy hits. We traded KOs for a bit but I stopped that when radcliff provided an opening for me to counter back not once. But twice on his two of his pokemon*!* Things got very grim for rad and eventually I won with some well placed Thunderbolts.
(Radcliff defeats 2 of my pokemon. Not bad.)

Round 2 (3v3)
I thought I was screwed when I saw what rad brought out first. A Primeape versus my Jolteon with less than stellar physical defenses. I was hoping it would scare off his Primeape into switching but I think he knew I wasn't at the advantage, despite knowing what my Jolteon is capable of. Sacrifices had to be made for me to regain control and it turns out I was right. A few moves later I had the game in the bag.
(I lose one pokemon here.)

Kairyu wins! (2-0)
Pokemon radcliff defeated: 3

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 31, 2008, 07:05 AM #104 of 115
Ugh, I apologize not replying to PMs for battling. I've been busy as of lately and by the time I had received the PMs, it would've been too late for me to battle.

I'm ready to fight around 11 PM EST to about 3 AM EST. So if anyone wants to catch me around that time, feel free to PM me.

Icy, you're first since we've been holding off our battle for too long and I apologize for that as well.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:22 PM #105 of 115
Well, this seems to have died down a bit. I'm going to be out of town from Thursday til Monday, so to anyone who still needs a battle with me the next two days would be ideal. I'm usually available any time after 7pm EST.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:13 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2008, 06:13 PM #106 of 115
It sure did. I haven't had much time to play either. I'm just too busy at work or planning for that trip. I'll be able to get off early tomorrow so we can get our match out of the way~ that is, if you don't have any other matches planned.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:18 PM #107 of 115
Nope, haven't heard from anyone since I battled Black Mage. Since you're taking off work early tomorrow for it we'll definitely have our match.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:17 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2008, 06:17 PM #108 of 115
Another match completed!
Tritoch vs Kairyu:
Round 1 (6v6)
Looking at Tritoch's current track record I was expecting an easy 6v6. Turns out it became a moderately CLOSE match. I say moderately because my flying Egg pokemon dealt some solid hits towards the end and survived a crap load of attacks. Embarrassingly, my Dragonite didn't fare too well. Totally got defeated by his Bastiodon ;______;. And then his Vaporeon made less than polite gestures with water attacks. But I killed that before things got freaky. All in all, I made it out alive with two pokemon =D

Round 2 (3v3)
Wax on, wax off. I've achieved perfection in this match. My flying egg is unstoppable, even after being paralyzed by a thunder attack.

Kairyu wins! (2-0)
Pokemon Tritoch defeated: 4

Good game though, you had me worried when you took out my Dragonite like it was nothing.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
NinjaguyDan
Collect and Contribute

Member 28985

Level 16.82

Mar 2008

Old Aug 7, 2008, 04:44 PM #109 of 115
If anyone is up for a battle tonight from now until midnight est pm me.

Most amazing jew boots
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Aug 10, 2008, 10:47 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2008, 08:47 PM #110 of 115
One more match report.

NinjaguyDan vs. Identity Crisis:

Round One
My memory is a bit fuzzy on the first two matches. NinjaguyDan and I actually started a couple of days ago, but his router was experiencing some technical difficulties around the third match. We had to reschedule up to today to finish our third match.

All I remember is setting up one of his Pokemon in which Steven would happily dance his way to victory and sweep the rest of the competition.

I win!
I lose 2 Pokemon
NinjaguyDan loses 6 Pokemon

Round Two
My spawn of Satan goes to town on several of his Pokemon before going down, but, due to a particularly stupid switch on my end, I lose the rest of my team.

NinjaguyDan wins!
I lose 3 Pokemon
NinjaguyDan loses 1 Pokemon

Round Three
This is arguably the closest match I have ever played. Each of us anticipated our next moves quite flawlessly. A particularly clever setup on NinjaguyDan's side would make me waste an essential turn, and one of my Pokemon inflicted a nasty OHKO on a Pokemon NinjaguyDan tried to switch in.

We eventually sent our last Pokemon out. His Pokemon managed to survive with 8 HP and a burn status when it dealt the finishing blow!

NinjaguyDan wins!
I lose 3 Pokemon
NinjaguyDan loses 2 Pokemon

NinjaguyDan wins the match!

So, um, Chaotic, when's our match going to get started, eh?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2008, 11:10 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2008, 06:10 PM #111 of 115
Damn, I usually don't resort to this but I think I will have to drop out of this tournament. Starting tomorrow I will be unavailable to do any matches for the next 12 days or so, going traveling. To another country. I was hoping I'd be done well before that but that's what happens when we're slacking.

I have no idea if Crash wants to extend this tournament any longer. If he doesn't then I will automatically step down to help keep this game moving.

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2008, 05:29 PM #112 of 115
I don't know, as slowly as these matches are progressing I doubt you need to drop out for a 12 day absence. With classes starting back in the next week or two the delays will likely only get worse anyway.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
NinjaguyDan
Collect and Contribute

Member 28985

Level 16.82

Mar 2008

Old Aug 11, 2008, 09:33 PM #113 of 115
I don't mind waiting. I'm getting ready for college so it's not like I'm rushing out to make a match.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2008, 09:46 PM #114 of 115
Well, I'm back on the East Coast again, with a reliable internet connection.

I see there's been no real activity for some time, so can we assume this tournament dead or is there interest in picking back up?

How ya doing, buddy?
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2008, 10:12 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2008, 05:12 PM #115 of 115
I wouldn't mind finishing this tournament. But if more than half of us is too busy, lost interest, etc then maybe the tournament should be dropped. I'm slightly more on the "too busy" reason myself but I can make time for matches, when asked.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [] Pokemon Draft Tournament 2.0