Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Ace Combat Thread (a.k.a. We Do Not Have Air Superiority)

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:51 PM #101 of 637
Maybe if they make the CD art bad enough they won't even bother playing it, that way they won't fag up the thread when the game actually comes out.

I was speaking idiomatically.

#654: Braixen
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:53 PM #102 of 637
Originally Posted by RacinReaver
Do you guys fag out over the art on the cd as well?
What is this "fagging out" that you speak of? Is it something like having a circle jerk over the CD?

Anyway, what do you guys think will be the plan of attack on the Excalibur? It's like the Empire state building crossed with Megalith. A low-altitude run like in AC04 wouldn't work because it's got lasers on trains surrounding the facility.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:03 PM #103 of 637
The Excalibur is more like the Washington Monument crossed with Arkbird, actually.

There have been reports that the Excalibur lasers are not one-hit kill.

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:59 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 08:59 PM #104 of 637
Originally Posted by Elixir
All of We <3 Katamari's box art is fine, disregarding the american version.
The North American version is what I was talking about.

Quote:
I don't recall any shmups having bad box art, I'm sure if you posted some that would help greatly.

And so forth and so on.

Anyway, yeah, box art doesn't matter. Who the fuck cares what's on the front, Jesus.

And Metal SPhere, maybe the attack plan involves lots of variable altitude stuff. Go high or low depending on what the thing's trying to hit you with, perhaps?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:27 PM #105 of 637
Well, that would be one hell of an approach, especially if you have to hit it in certain areas like Stonehenge, Megalith and the SOLG. Throw in some nice jamming to prevent lock-ons (ala Stonehenge before the jammer is destroyed), and a dogfight in the sky above it and we've got a winner.

As for the Hresvelger, it looks like they simply gave the Arkbird model a new skin, perhaps shortened a bit and made it a tag more agile. Eh, scratch that as I just remembered the XB-10, the massive prototype bomber from AC2 was somewhat similar to this in appearance.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Skwerl
Indigo 3

Member 200

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:22 AM #106 of 637
www.acecombat.jp
new trailer.
Also confirmed, the return of X-02 and Falken.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:50 AM #107 of 637
Wait... about what point in the video did they show the X-02 and Falken? I was too caught up in checking out the new story sequence bits and the BGM that actually had a chorus singing to it.

Most amazing jew boots

Skwerl
Indigo 3

Member 200

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:09 AM #108 of 637
Namco CH site.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:57 AM #109 of 637
Can someone please break out the champagne.

Most amazing jew boots
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:58 AM #110 of 637
Can someone please link to said confirmation for the Wyvern and Falken.

Skwerl
Indigo 3

Member 200

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:01 AM #111 of 637

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:18 AM #112 of 637
Sweet, but don't jump to conclusions. It might be.... air pr0n.

It looks like they really gimped the X-02 from AC5 to 0.

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:40 AM #113 of 637
I wonder who "The Revolutionary" is in the new trailer.

Oh nevermind, that's me.

I also think the mexican music is the new Megalith theme, since I heard vocals at the end. It better not be.

Most amazing jew boots
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 05:51 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 03:51 AM #114 of 637
Sometimes I really wonder how it's possible for the Falken and X-02 to appear in all these games. The X-02 in 4 and 5 kinna make sense because the time is close.

But the two planes in 5 are all prototype planes. They're new and experimental.

How the hell could they be in AC:Zero? This just makes no sense. Did the Belkans have time travelers? What, did they steal one of Mobius 1's planes? >_>

Megalith
24-bit/48kHz

Member 23132

Level 28.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:28 AM #115 of 637
Because they're bonus planes that don't necessarily figure into the game's timeline, idiot.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:06 PM #116 of 637
Here's some demo impressions:

Quote:
I didn't write this but someone named direct from the Ace Combat.net forums did. I figured most people would like to read this since it involves the demo:

<i>

Just got the demo, and played through the only level avalible. You get to choose between the F-15 and F/A-18. Each has 3 special weapons to choose from. The F-15 has XMAA, QAAM, and UGBL, while the F/A-18 has SAAM, LASM, and SOD. As has been said before, you get to choose Pixy's SP, he has the same selection as your F-15. Its very easy to decide which ace you want to be, as some fighters take 3 missles to down, I think randomly. If you shoot them twice, they bug out, but you can go for the kill and extra points, and the mercanary ranking. Same with non mission essential targets, such as tents. The flying is pretty much the same as in AC5, with quicker missles than AC04. I haven't had the chance to try out the QAAM, and as far as I can tell, there are no ace's in the mission. Pixy is one sweet wingman though - doesn't have a peaceloving attitude, and you can tell him to disperse, disperse for air targets, or disperse for land targets. I armed him with some UGBL, sent him on his way, and watched him take out targets. Pretty sweet.

EDIT
by the way, I live in CT, for anyone wondering about avaliblity in the US

EDIT #2
Scratch the one mission thing - the first mission is A-G based, the second is a big furball with Su-27s, Su-37s and MiG-29As everywhere. Once you get to probably 5 enemys left, the F-14 squad shows up with XLAAs, which they fire at you. From my experiance, I'd say they're mighty close to Yellow squad - very competitive, even with QAAM, which are pretty much the same as in AC5. I also forgot to mention this above, by my XMAA on the F-15 were very accurate </i>

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 02:52 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 01:52 PM #117 of 637
It's a shame the demo has to be bought with such a shitty magazine, and the rest of the disc contains nothing but flaming crap. I think there is Black, the new Driver, and a few other worthless demos on there. And God, don't even get me started on how horrible the magazine is.

I'll go to the 7-11 across the street and see if I can steal the disc, or something.

Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 04:21 PM #118 of 637
Skills, don't you hate on Okami. That game looks and plays awesome.

Firefly
Shadow Company

Member 720

Level 20.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:47 PM #119 of 637
My .02cr

Transcribed from the AceCombatSkies.com forums...

Quote:
I just got to play through this a couple of times. Of course, seeing Imperial measurments in the HUD required a slight mental adjustment (I use metric in AC4 and 5, and would not be surprised if the option remains here), and I hope the option for Japanese audio w/English subtitles remains, but these are minor points. On to the important question: was it fun to play?
Hell. Yes.
The refined command system was welcome. The fire discipline required for aspiring knights is a welcome challenge, as is the enemy aircraft AI. Schnee's intro cinematic is a perfect 'Whoa!' moment, mirroring as it does ideal 'Cat doctrine: open up with the Phoenixes, then close in on what's left. Sure, you really had to work to kill the Schnees - where was the Prowler, I wonder? Oh wait, they didn't want to make the demo too hard - but when you pulled it off, damn was it satisfying. Especially if you finish them with guns. See also, AC4's Yellows. Hmm, has anyone managed to force one or more of these chaps to bug out?
Verdict: Damn fine work, Namco.

FELIPE NO
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:06 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 08:06 AM #120 of 637
I'm currently playing AC5 and in mission # 18 - FORTRESS right now. I selected our team of 3 (sup chopper) with the JAS fighter, according to one of the gamewalkthroughs on gamefaqs. One thing though, I keep running out of missiles and find myself pretty screwed for the mission. So. How do I get more ammo and restock? I'm on the easiest difficulty, perhaps that's why.

<MEGALITH> Nerd.

- What we all do best -
Rei no Otaku
Fanboy

Member 386

Level 14.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:30 AM #121 of 637
You can't restock mid-mission in AC5. Going to have to use your gun more or pick targets more carefull.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 01:38 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 08:38 PM #122 of 637
Originally Posted by Spatula
I'm currently playing AC5 and in mission # 18 - FORTRESS right now. I selected our team of 3 (sup chopper) with the JAS fighter, according to one of the gamewalkthroughs on gamefaqs. One thing though, I keep running out of missiles and find myself pretty screwed for the mission. So. How do I get more ammo and restock? I'm on the easiest difficulty, perhaps that's why.
I disagree with the choice of using the JAS on this stage. In my experiance the F-117 is perfect for this stage. It's air-to-ground weaponry (GPB) is capable of destroying any target of this stage in one hit, which comes in very useful since many of the stationary targets would require several missiles otherwise (pillboxes, bunkers, etc). And since this is an air-to-ground battle (it's not really necessary to attack the enemy aircraft on this stage) with a rather small target area it comes in handy since it excels at low speeds as well.

And as usual it doesn't really matter what aircraft you choose for the rest of the squad as they won't really be doing much.

Oh, and if you tend to run out of ammo, try to use the gun on some of the stationary targets, like the control towers and the bunkers overlaying the fortress. And another thing, after the ground force has entered the fortress six tanks will appear on the ground just by the gate. You can save some ammo by hitting the middle ones with one GPB each. Two will be enough to destroy all six.

Last edited by seanne; Mar 11, 2006 at 01:56 PM.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 01:58 PM #123 of 637
If he's playing in Campaign mode, he's going to get raped in the following mission if he uses the F-117. It's best to come to some kind of compromise between air-to-air and ground attacks, and pick your targets wisely like Rei said.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:11 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 09:11 PM #124 of 637
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
If he's playing in Campaign mode, he's going to get raped in the following mission if he uses the F-117.
Oh yeah, I forgot about about that. Well in that case Spatula, use whatever high-speed aircraft you feel most comfortable with as you should be able to make due with just a decent amount of regular missiles.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:54 PM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 12:54 PM #125 of 637
No I kept with the JAS and passed it. This time I focused more on the barracks and the tanks rather than the AA guns and sams. Possibly one of my favorite missions. 8492 was fun. Athought I got dick worth of points. RUN AWAY!

I used the F-117 for the Solitaire (21) mission where you gotta take pictures of women masterbating on the runway. Pops was pleased.

I'm actually on the Whitebird II mission now, oooh nice beam of light.

- What we all do best -

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Ace Combat Thread (a.k.a. We Do Not Have Air Superiority)