Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Bayonetta Non Stop Climax Action

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2010, 01:20 AM Local time: Jan 2, 2010, 11:20 PM #76 of 107
Well seeing as how it comes out a month before Dante's Inferno, I'm glad you're getting it before Titante's Titferno. (I gauge how well you like a game by your sig and ava).
Look. Both games have their flaws and both games play similar to other titles in the same genre. But, goddamn, Bayonetta is like an orgasm for the senses that doesn't fucking stop and it's flashier, better built and girls with glasses fucking kill me. It's an amazing game and I'm buying it as soon as it hits store shelves. Dante's Inferno, as I mentioned, really just plays like God of War, which is good because I like God of War. It's just that comparing both games side by side ultimately sends me to the conclusion that Platinum games clearly knows what they're doing when it comes to action titles. MadWorld was also made by them and THAT game was also fucking rad. Plus it was, you know, violent, funny and vulgar. It was like a teenager with a pistol in its mouth just waiting to pull the trigger and it did it all with style.

How ya doing, buddy?
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2010, 02:36 AM #77 of 107
Look. Both games have their flaws and both games play similar to other titles in the same genre. But, goddamn, Bayonetta is like an orgasm for the senses that doesn't fucking stop and it's flashier, better built and girls with glasses fucking kill me. It's an amazing game and I'm buying it as soon as it hits store shelves. Dante's Inferno, as I mentioned, really just plays like God of War, which is good because I like God of War. It's just that comparing both games side by side ultimately sends me to the conclusion that Platinum games clearly knows what they're doing when it comes to action titles. MadWorld was also made by them and THAT game was also fucking rad. Plus it was, you know, violent, funny and vulgar. It was like a teenager with a pistol in its mouth just waiting to pull the trigger and it did it all with style.
I'm not hating dude, I'm not skills. I'll probably have a copy of DT sitting on my desk come Feb.

I was speaking idiomatically.
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:23 AM #78 of 107
Grrr. I ended up pre-ordering thanks to someone linking this video on another forum I frequent. Looks like way too much fun...

YouTube Video

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Cyrus XIII
Good Chocobo

Member 554

Level 17.68

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:04 AM Local time: Jan 5, 2010, 10:04 AM #79 of 107
I avoided the hype around both titles on purpose, so I might end up playing Dante as well and go "huh, this is pretty neat..."

But yeah, EA being EA, they probably just wanted to get onto the GoW train, while Platinum seemed more interested in raising the bar set by stuff they worked on as Clover Studios. People keep comparing Bayonetta to DMC (which I never played), but regardless, there is a lot of Viewtiful Joe and Okami in the mix.

How ya doing, buddy?
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:35 AM Local time: Jan 5, 2010, 01:35 PM #80 of 107
Wow, the tv ads for this are some of the worst I've seen for a game in a long, long time. If I didn't know anything about the game, I certainly wouldn't buy it based on this.

YouTube Video

Most amazing jew boots
Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:24 AM #81 of 107
I like it actually but I'm kinda biased. I like dubstep and Skreams remix of In for The Kill is the best song La Roux will ever fucking do.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:55 AM Local time: Jan 5, 2010, 05:55 PM #82 of 107
The tune itself isn't terrible, it's more that a game that's primarily fast-paced running about silly bollocks has none of that in the trailer. It just looks like Sarah Palin taking a slow stroll through a pixelated landscape. Over here at least, Bayonetta is a PS3 ad and Sony's adverts have been getting worse and worse recently so I wouldn't be surprised if they had a hand in this too.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:12 PM Local time: Jan 5, 2010, 10:12 PM #83 of 107
As an odd question, I know the PS3 is region free, but is the 360? Cause I sort of want that gun.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:12 AM Local time: Jan 6, 2010, 01:12 PM 9 #84 of 107
God damnit Sega.
Sega's head honcho, after just delivering a virus to the final PS3 Bayonetta code that would introduce numerous game breaking flaws, approaches a grave stone under a moody sky. "It is done." he says, laying a hand on the stone, before walking off silently into the distance. Written on the stone, amongst unrecognisble kanji we see the word Dreamcast, and below that Saturn.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2010, 03:10 PM #85 of 107
Yeah, I've got the PS3 version. The load times are lame.

I'm enjoying the game immensely when I actually get to play it, though.

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2010, 03:16 PM #86 of 107
PS3 version is probably not as bad as people are exaggerating it to be. A few minor graphical problems and a couple extra seconds of load time really won't ruin any fun. The complaints I have seen about this game across very gaming sites have made me laugh though.

"Grr why would I want to play Sarah Palain May Cry? So stupid"

"This game is a ripoff of DMC, the producer should sue Bayonetta"

"Oh god here we go, sex being shoved down our throats again...why would I want to play a game where the main character has a great rack and a great ass"

I preordered after I played the demo, which is usually rare for me since I usually get sold on a game from reading previews/reviews.

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:31 PM #87 of 107
Its not just a few second of loading time, it there's loading screen where there's not on the 360.

For example there's a 6sec loading screen just to pause the game, another loading screen when you get an item, etc...

Not to talk about the 30fps vs 60fps of the 360, which is not even constant...

FELIPE NO
khan0plinger

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:35 PM #88 of 107
Its not just a few second of loading time, it there's loading screen where there's not on the 360.

For example there's a 6sec loading screen just to pause the game, another loading screen when you get an item, etc...

Not to talk about the 30fps vs 60fps of the 360, which is not even constant...
Wow is it really that bad? If it was, I would say theres no chance in hell they'd release the game like that but apparently they did/are going to? I hate to admit it but the game does appeal to the ignorant gamers who buy whatevers hot and trendy. They will buy the game knowing little about it, then take it home and then get pissed off because they think their copy is broken and take it back to their gamestopt.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:39 PM Local time: Jan 6, 2010, 04:39 PM #89 of 107
As an odd question, I know the PS3 is region free, but is the 360? Cause I sort of want that gun.
It's game specific on 360, but bet on no.

How ya doing, buddy?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:41 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2010, 01:41 AM #90 of 107
The very suggestion that someone would buy Bayonetta knowing very little of it makes my head dizzy. Bayonetta is hardly bought even by people who are really interested in it, much less people who know nothing about it, it's the last game to appeal to someone who cares about hot and trendy.

khan0plinger

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:47 PM #91 of 107
The very suggestion that someone would buy Bayonetta knowing very little of it makes my head dizzy. Bayonetta is hardly bought even by people who are really interested in it, much less people who know nothing about it, it's the last game to appeal to someone who cares about hot and trendy.
You'd be surprised at what people buy without knowing much about it. I worked part time at Gamestop for some extra money not too long ago and there are people who just walk in and base their 60$ purchase on if the back of the game case looks appealing or what we recommend them. Considering how many posters I saw at Gamestop for this game and how hard the employee tried to get me to preorder it, I have no doubt they will recommend this to the simpletons.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
khan0plinger

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2010, 02:15 AM #92 of 107
They already did, I posted about it.

It's not unplayable but it's fucking inferior to the 360 version. Either keep it exclusive or come out with a worthwhile port later.

I hope this faux pas doesn't become a habit either. This isn't the first shit port due to pure bullshit on behalf of a publisher.
I haven't followed the game until I happened across the demo while browsing on PSN about two weeks ago. I didn't notice anything bad in the demo but I might of just been overlooking it. Was it originally planned as just a 360 title and then they said Oh fuck it, lets release it on PS3 too...with a shit transfer?

Didn't this happen to another game as well? It might of been HL Orange Box. I do agree with you though, that if a game has that many issues...either fix this shit or keep it exclusive. I had high hopes because while I do own a 360 and a PS3, the 360 is usually being used by my roommate.

Most amazing jew boots
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jan 7, 2010, 02:20 AM Local time: Jan 7, 2010, 10:20 AM #93 of 107
This often happens when the original developer makes a game, and then a second group ports to another platform. Valve handled the PC and 360 versions of Orange Box, while EA handled the PS3 port. Same way, Platinum did the 360 version of Bayonetta and Sega handled the port. Rumors say the team was given instructions on how to do it, as if they didn't actually know how themselves. Then again rumors were adamant Sega was fixing the PS3 port for Europe, so hey.

EDIT:

Praising review from gametrailers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...ayonetta/60471

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Jan 7, 2010 at 05:10 AM.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2010, 05:38 AM Local time: Jan 7, 2010, 04:38 AM #94 of 107
Things that are awesome.

- Holy crap classic Sega music cameos. Like OUTRUN music cameo. I came.
- The breakdance buyable move is the best thing since the start of time.

Things that are no so awesome

- Oh my god the screen tearing.
- Why does the save system gargle my balls. The checkpoints only stay if you don't quit to the chapter select menu, because then the chapter select menu becomes your new checkpoint for some reason.

Also after dying, don't click quit! YOU LOSE THE CHECKPOINT AGAIN. Because it shoves you at the chapter select. Which then overwrites your midpoint save.

So then you have to do it all AGAIN.

Of course if you just turned it off the checkpoint save would be fine and you'd continue fine. HOW USELESS.

I lost the entirety of stage 3 and stage 5 because of this. FUN. (Also several pure platinums that way. fffffff)

Additional Spam:
Hard isn't that hard, so far, it just throws more enemies per verse at you, thankfully. In many cases you got stuck with 2 on normal and it was kind of an exercise in sitting there and baiting. Now it is MORE INTENSE.

I am happy.

Yes.

Spoiler:
lmao at the extended dance number though, what the hell was that.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Jan 8, 2010 at 04:58 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Ramenbetsu

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:08 PM #95 of 107
So I'm enjoying the game but not as much as I thought I would. There's a bit of a disconnect there and I can't put my finger on exactly what's causing it. That giant fuck off katana you get is awesome though. Screen tearing isn't bother me too much, It's really not that noticeable. What the fuck is up with these long ass cutscenes?

FELIPE NO
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2010, 01:53 AM 1 #96 of 107
Okay, Platinum Games. We need to talk.

You cannot have a fucking Devil May Cry grading system when your game also has the fullowing:
  • Stupid quick-time event deaths
  • A "one-time revival" item that not only counts as an item, but also counts as a death.
Better luck next time.

Grading bullshit and quicktime events aside, the game is decent. The inconsistency with what counts as a dodge for Witch Time and what doesn't is just retarded, which makes it a pain to fight a large number of common enemies. At least it's got awesome boss fights.

I'd give it a B. The rose-tinted glasses for game/movie references really carry it. Although what the hell's with After Burner on a motorcycle level?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2010, 02:18 AM Local time: Jan 31, 2010, 01:18 AM #97 of 107
All items count towards the same detriment to score as deaths do. Some more so than others. Big Yellow Lollipop is a huge one too.

Quick Time event deaths I can see, but playing the game well and not using items at all makes sense for a grading structure. Why should someone be able to get a good medal if they use lots of yellows to avoid damage through a difficult segment?

Also there are graphical flashes and cues for when Witch Time will activate, so uhh...? It also only activates against certain attacks in boss fights.

The hardest part about large groups is enemies attacking from off camera and being unable to see and/or react properly in time. Gracy and Glory are bad for this on Hard and above, that overhead swipe they do is very quick to come out and when you only get to see a third of the animation since they're outside of the frame, eating those attacks tends to be a common occurrence.

See also: Snake Dragons, same problem.

How ya doing, buddy?
Tellurian
To know the face of God is to know Madness

Member 1328

Level 17.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2010, 06:25 AM Local time: Jan 31, 2010, 01:25 PM #98 of 107
Yeah, the cutscene QTE deaths are special, since they can quickly de-value all the effort you've put in making a good, long fight before in a split second.

But other than that...
It's a rather unforgiving game. So what. Go replay the level you're having problems with until you've mastered it.
Bayonetta isn't really one of the games one should play for the sake of that one first playthrough. It CAN be played that way, sure. But the real fun comes out of mastering the difficult-the-first-time-around encounters. Like Grace & Glory.
Failed so hard the first times... Now if I'm actually paying attention, I can finish them without getting touched - though that admittably depends on the kind of environment they appear in.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:25 PM Local time: Jan 31, 2010, 08:25 PM #99 of 107
I don't see the problem with the QTEs, you're not honestly expecting to get platinums the first time around. You'll remember the QTEs on later plays anyway.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2010, 01:50 PM #100 of 107
I don't see the problem with the QTEs, you're not honestly expecting to get platinums the first time around. You'll remember the QTEs on later plays anyway.
The problem is that so much of the game is non-interactive cutscene to begin with, then it just decides OH PRESS A BUTTON BY THE WAY.

I subscribe to the Yahtzee school of "QTEs Suck Ass" to begin with, but in this instance they're nothing more than opportunities to troll the player.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Bayonetta Non Stop Climax Action