Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[] Pokemon Draft Tournament 2.0

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jul 9, 2008, 01:50 PM #76 of 115
Okay, the drafting has ended! The teams stand as follows:

NinjaguyDan: Tyranitar, Shuckle, Rampardos, Rhyperior, Bronzong, Forretress
Identity Crisis: Salamence, Charizard, Skarmory, Staraptor, Xatu, Jumpluff
Kairyu: Dragonite, Miltank, Mamoswine, Jolteon, Spiritomb, Togekiss
radcliff13: Gardevoir, Weavile, Lucario, Primeape, Feraligatr, Rotom
Chaotic: Metagross, Aerodactyl, Garchomp, Flygon, Umbreon, Crobat
Tritoch: Vaporeon, Hypno, Bastiodon, Leafeon, Gengar, Floatzel
Black Mage: Blissey, Starmie, Infernape, Gyarado, Weezing, Gliscor
Crash Landon: Heracross, Magnezone, Alakazam, Drapion, Milotic, Electivire

We can see that a few strategies are obvious, though no less threatening. There may be a theme in one stable, while a few others have some rather surprising selections (Rampardos, Bastiodon, Jumpluff, Primeape). Will these wind up being advantageous?

Pokemon curiously left out:
Breloom - Guaranteed sleep with good speed and tons of power?
Hippowdon - Powerful tank with Stealth Rock/Roar capabilities?
Dusknoir - Strong defenses and status-giving?
Gallade - Good type combo with nasty sweep potential?
Empoleon - Tons of resistances; Special powerhouse?
Shedinja - Potential gamebreaker?
Arcanine - Super fast, super strong, super evil?
Yanmega - Two fantastic abilities; great leadoff Pokemon?
Swampert - Resistant/immune to most common moves/strategies?
Medicham - Insane strength and movepool, lethal with a Choice Scarf?
Porygon-Z - Special sweeper with enhanced STAB?
Scizor - Great movepool, great Baton Passer?
Roserade - Special beast that gets better in all kinds of weather?
Machamp - Devastating attacks that never miss?
Kingdra - Great type combo with plenty of powerful attacks?
Donphan - Popular Rapid Spinner with beefy attack/defense?
Smeargle - Expect the unexpected?

Okay, so now there will be a week to raise and refine Pokemon for battle. It's more important to have the correct movesets prepared than to worry about stuff like EV training and being fully levelled up. We'll be battling in the Level 100 rooms, so the game will correct your stats before the fight begins.

If people wish to negotiate trades, now is the time. Trades are on a one-for-one basis. You may not trade for a Pokemon that wasn't drafted by any other player.

The training period will last until next Wednesday, July 16th. After that point, battles will commence.

Get to work, folks!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2008, 02:28 PM Local time: Jul 9, 2008, 09:28 AM #77 of 115
I haven't considered using some of those. Oh well, from what I did consider:
Kingdra - The one I have is way too slow. Probably has VERY poor IVs, its neutral nature doesn't help much either.
Hippowdon - If Hippowdon could actually take a special attack I'd consider it. Mamoswine seems to be a slightly more appropriate choice anyway.
Empoleon - Whoops! I meant to take it but I thought someone else already did. Maybe next time~
Swampert - This one was about to be added to my team. But I wanted more speed so I opted for Jolteon. I already got a couple sturdy tanks anyway.
Machamp - lol 100% effective Dynamic Punch. It's too bad it falls flat at the first sign of a flying or psychic attack. I blame my bad luck with stats, EV training can only do so much.
Shedinja - This guy tends to be loads of fun but I'm paranoid that someone will use Spikes, Stealth Rock, Hail or Sandstorm before I can even bring it out. I might have picked it if the draft selection wasn't public =p.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:16 PM #78 of 115
I honestly would've taken Arcanine considering next to Lucario, he's next in line for my favorite Pokemon.

The only problem is that his move set isn't extremely deep.

Same with Kingdra. I was expecting him to get taken somewhere, but I'm surprised there were no biters.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
NinjaguyDan
Collect and Contribute

Member 28985

Level 16.82

Mar 2008

Old Jul 10, 2008, 08:17 AM #79 of 115
Would anyone be overly annoyed if I wasn't available until next sunday it would only be like 3 additional days after the training period ended.

Chaotic, did you make that ava?

Most amazing jew boots
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2008, 02:33 PM Local time: Jul 11, 2008, 12:33 PM #80 of 115
I think Shedinja doesn't really stand much of a chance in a traditional tournament. Too many entry hazards, too many teams with a full variety of pokemon (meaning everyone is going to have at least one clear counter). Maybe if you guys do an Uber-friendly tournament.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted Swampert wasn't chosen though, and I'm a little sad that Empoleon and Breloom didn't find homes.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 12:18 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 07:18 AM #81 of 115
Ah, the training part wasn't as time consuming as I thought. Anyway, just letting everyone know that I am ready to battle by this evening. If not earlier *I'm at work.*

So expect a PM from me some time today.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Kairyu; Jul 16, 2008 at 12:21 PM.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 01:48 PM #82 of 115
Still doing some last minute touch-ups and I should be ready by tomorrow or Thursday.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 01:56 PM #83 of 115
A few of mine still need extensive work, but I should have them ready by tomorrow night for battling.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 05:28 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2008, 03:28 PM #84 of 115
I'm done with classes for the remainder of the day, and my team's ready to go. Just be sure to PM me or catch me on Messenger for the match.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'll need your friend code if I haven't already faced you.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Identity Crisis; Jul 16, 2008 at 05:31 PM.
Black Mage
Nothing beats a Sunny Day!

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 09:13 PM #85 of 115
Yep, I'm all-set and good to go as well.

My internet connection is still a little flaky, so we'll have to kind of play it by ear here, but I'm good to go as early as, well, now.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Black Mage; Jul 16, 2008 at 10:20 PM.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 09:46 PM #86 of 115
I think I'm set to go too. Had to reraise one Pokemon and make tweaks to two others.

We're going to need Friend Codes from Tritoch and NinjaguyDan, though.

radcliff13
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 30260

Level 3.20

May 2008

Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:03 AM #87 of 115
ok I was done raising and everything, but i accidentally released a pokemon that I was going to use... So I should be able to battle by friday night. Sorry for the delay!! I'm working my arse off trying to get a decent one again!

FELIPE NO
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:49 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2008, 06:49 PM #88 of 115
Hahaha, I finally did it! I destroyed Icy in a Pokemon match.

Though I'll admit his obvious weakness to certain attacks is the reason I won so handily. Still, it was mostly a good match. Probably not so much for Icy. Sorry bud!

(See Icy's post for the juicy details.)

Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:50 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2008, 09:50 PM #89 of 115
First results up!

Kairyu vs. Identity Crisis:
Round One
I anticipated Kairyu would lead off with a certain Pokemon, and he predicted my exact countermeasure to his lead off. This game wasn't even close for me once my countermeasure was, well, countermeasured. ;_;

Round Two
This one was much closer. It all came down to the wire when Kairyu's last Pokemon managed to deal the finishing blow against my last Pokemon, Steven. I thought I had that one, too, based on how much damage was dealt by the opposition's last attack. Blargh.

Kairyu wins! (2-0)
Pokemon Kairyu defeated: 9
Pokemon I defeated: 2 (._.)

Hahaha, I finally did it! I destroyed Icy in a Pokemon match.
I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next tiiiiiiiime!

Last edited by Identity Crisis; Jul 18, 2008 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Wrong number.
Black Mage

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2008, 08:46 PM #90 of 115
Alright, it looks like the wireless I have access to in my apartment is going to be inconsistent this week. So, I will make use of an establishment with WiFi tomorrow.

However, I don't want to make the trek if no one is going to be available tomorrow. So, if anyone will be available to battle, let's say, from 1pm - 8pm PST tomorrow drop me a line. If there's a time tomorrow not in that range you'll be available, let me know too and I'll see what I can do.

I'll make sure to confirm the times I'll be free tomorrow before I make any promises later tonight.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2008, 11:54 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2008, 06:54 PM #91 of 115
I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next tiiiiiiiime!
Go-Go gadget counteroffensive!

Alright, it looks like the wireless I have access to in my apartment is going to be inconsistent this week. So, I will make use of an establishment with WiFi tomorrow.

However, I don't want to make the trek if no one is going to be available tomorrow. So, if anyone will be available to battle, let's say, from 1pm - 8pm PST tomorrow drop me a line. If there's a time tomorrow not in that range you'll be available, let me know too and I'll see what I can do.

I'll make sure to confirm the times I'll be free tomorrow before I make any promises later tonight.
Awesome. I'll make myself available around that time then. I've got my msn and miranda/AIM IM online as well in case you (or anyone) decides to contact me for a match.

Black Mage

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2008, 03:01 AM #92 of 115
I feel terrible doing it, but I'm going to have to go back on that plan and make it Sunday instead of Saturday. I'm sorry about the short notice here Kairyu, but something I have to take care of came up.

I will, concretely this time, be available for the same times (1pm - 8pm PST) this Sunday. Just let me know if/when you'll be free during that time and we can work it out from there.

Sorry again for the change of plans. :-/

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2008, 03:30 AM #93 of 115
We're going to need Friend Codes from Tritoch and NinjaguyDan, though.
I put my code on the wiki a few weeks ago, but here it is.

0860-4525-6999

I should be set to battle tomorrow night.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jul 19, 2008, 05:21 AM Local time: Jul 19, 2008, 12:21 AM #94 of 115
I feel terrible doing it, but I'm going to have to go back on that plan and make it Sunday instead of Saturday. I'm sorry about the short notice here Kairyu, but something I have to take care of came up.

I will, concretely this time, be available for the same times (1pm - 8pm PST) this Sunday. Just let me know if/when you'll be free during that time and we can work it out from there.

Sorry again for the change of plans. :-/
Bah, I knew I jumped the gun after reading your plans more carefully. There's a good chance I won't be available on Sunday since I'm needed to help install a sub for a car. I don't think it will take long so I should be able to make it home and start some matches. I hope.

Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:02 PM Local time: Jul 20, 2008, 02:02 PM #95 of 115
Second results!

Black Mage vs Kairyu:
Round 1 (6v6)
I could've picked a better opener but I didn't think about that until the match was well underway. Definitely a very one-sided match but I think BM got too sure of himself towards the end so I tried taking advantage of that. Which didn't work for the most part. But I did get away with a few KOs. Overall, it was mostly a snooze-fest of a match and it gave me a renewed hate towards Wheezing. Oh well, good game ~
(Black Mage barely finishes with 3 pokemon.)

Round 2 (3v3)
Looks like I got the initial advantage here. Enyo taught BM's Infernape that monkeys can't do much during an Earthquake. It was a OHKO. Some time after that I got put into nice stall match against his Blissey versus my Jolteon. It sucked but at least I went down fighting till the bitter end. God, do I hate Blisseys *shakes fist*
(Only KO'd one of his pokemon here.)

Black Mage wins! (2-0)
Pokemon Black Mage defeated: 9
Pokemon I defeated: 4

FELIPE NO
Black Mage

Member 264

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Jul 20, 2008, 09:23 PM #96 of 115
Third results have arrived.

Identity Crisis vs Black Mage:

Round 1 (6v6)
I started off with what I figured would be the bane of Icy's team, but in fact, it was his lead that caused me trouble. Icy's lead managed to severly injure two of my Pokemon before finally being put down. After a little back and forth, it came to a victory on my end. And though I had three Pokemon remaining, this match was very close. If my prosecutor had been defeated, I would have been left with two sitting ducks.

Black Mage lost 3
Identity Crisis lost 6

Round 2 (3v3)
Even though the last match was close, this match was ever-so-much closer. I didn't change much up with my lead in this match, which proved to not work out in my favor. After some finagling, I KO'd Icy's lead. I thought I had his strategy figured out, but he was one step ahead of me, forcing me to switch. A powerful hit put me in a predicament, but due to a lucky bit of HP, I managed to squeak by a hit with my last Pokemon to pull the win. In all honesty, if the match lasted one turn longer, Icy had the win.

Black Mage lost 2
Identity Crisis lost 3

Black Mage wins! (2-0)
Pokemon Identity Crisis defeated: 5
Pokemon I defeated: 9

NinjaguyDan
Collect and Contribute

Member 28985

Level 16.82

Mar 2008

Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:19 AM #97 of 115
Ok my code is 1719 4998 0830

I am free for most of today

radcliff13
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 30260

Level 3.20

May 2008

Old Jul 23, 2008, 06:02 PM #98 of 115
sorry for the disappearance!! There was a huge thunder storm in my area and it knocked out power and screwed my internet up and I just got it fixed today!! So I should be around in 3 hours or so, just PM me!!

Most amazing jew boots
NinjaguyDan
Collect and Contribute

Member 28985

Level 16.82

Mar 2008

Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:24 PM #99 of 115
~so how do I work those hide tags?

Battle Vs Radcliff:

6v6:
Radclif had a 1HKO on my Tyr which was rough, but then I started doing well... Then he sent Lucario out. End of story for me, he had 4 left.

3 v 3:
I strategized better on this one and I managed to edge him out with 1 pokemon left.

3 v 3:
Battle went similarly except I managed 2 1HKO's and won.

Battle vs Black Mage:

6 v 6
Man I have to say I had no idea what kind of strats he was going to put out and they paid off
I did everything I could but I was eventually taken out buy a dreadful mix of Blissey and Weezing.
BM had 1HKO and won with two pokemon remaining.

3 v 3
I came at BM with everything I had for this one and even though it got pretty darn close I only managed to
knock out one of BM's pokemon before he finished me off.

Great Fights both of you! That was some tough stuff, and I definately learned alot from those battles.

Last edited by NinjaguyDan; Jul 23, 2008 at 10:47 PM.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:27 AM #100 of 115
Hey, some results!

Spoiler:
6v6

This one was neck and neck right up to the end. Unfortunately, my water guys were toast by the time he pulled out his Charizard, and he scored a critical hit on my Gengar to one-shot it.

- Tritoch lost 6
- Identity Crisis lost 4

3v3

We had to do this one twice since my router screwed up after we'd both lost 1 the first time. Second go around I was mauled by Steven.

- Tritoch lost 3
- Identity Crisis lost 1

Identity Crisis wins 2-0!
Tritoch lost 9 pokemon.
Identity Crisis lost 5 pokemon.

Also, Jumpluff is the spawn of Satan.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [] Pokemon Draft Tournament 2.0