Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Devil May Cry 4

kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:42 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 07:42 PM #76 of 321
Here ya go peeps. More pics!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118243

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:43 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 09:43 AM #77 of 321
Wait. NO DT? WTF. I sure hope that demon arm will make up for it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 09:38 PM #78 of 321
Originally Posted by Kurado
Nero isn't Vergil? What a shit refrree call.

If he's a remnant of Vergil, I guess that's fine. I'd still rather play as the true Vergil, though.
Well, there's another thing stacked against Nero being Vergil unless it's explained away: Look at Dante and Nero. Vergil is Dante's twin, he'd look as old as his brother (see DMC3).

Nero is clearly much younger.

Quote:
Wait. NO DT? WTF. I sure hope that demon arm will make up for it.
Yeah, no DT. That's for demons, and from what we've been told, he's not a demon (or at least not one that can use DT). Devil Bringer draws enemies towards Nero, dragging them into your combos and possibly throwing them about.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 10:49 AM #79 of 321
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Yeah, no DT. That's for demons, and from what we've been told, he's not a demon (or at least not one that can use DT). Devil Bringer draws enemies towards Nero, dragging them into your combos and possibly throwing them about.
Oh my god. What is DMC without a boost of power/speed along with cool looking transformation with new move set and health regeneration? Devil Bringer? More like "Grappling Hook". DISAPPOINTMENT.

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 10:12 PM #80 of 321
Originally Posted by Scarletdeath
Oh my god. What is DMC without a boost of power/speed along with cool looking transformation with new move set and health regeneration? Devil Bringer? More like "Grappling Hook". DISAPPOINTMENT.
Don't count it out just yet. There's already 2 pieces of art with Nero in them with that demon aura behind him. Who knows, maybe as the game goes on he gets more access to his demon abilities. Going back to the original teaser, his arm thirsts for more power. =)

Here's a treat for you guys, which is the artwork with the aura:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 11:17 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 10:17 PM #81 of 321
Originally Posted by kainlightwind
Damn, Dante really does look older. Looks like they went through the idea of giving him an unshaven/gruffy look, as you see little facial hairs. I like it. I'm guessing Nero maybe some sort of reincarnation of Vergil, I mean the blue and the name Nero really are teases if he's in no way connected to Vergil.

Bah, and no DT? I guess we should have caught on that sooner, as you can't really see a DT bar/characters. BTW, gotta say Nero's right hand/arm is kinda like Samanosuke's Oni gaunlet. Well from a design perspective anyway.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 11:20 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 12:20 PM #82 of 321
Don't count it out just yet. There's already 2 pieces of art with Nero in them with that demon aura behind him. Who knows, maybe as the game goes on he gets more access to his demon abilities. Going back to the original teaser, his arm thirsts for more power. =)
So which means he's turning into a demon, or semi-demon then. Why isn't Nero a demon or has demon blood if he wants to release Sparda's seal in the first place? I'm expecting the "DT" trigger this time to trigger a huge "demon aura" that is able to attack enemies physically, adding extra range, power and defence. Something like an invisible armour, get my drift? At least I hope this is the least they could do..

Most amazing jew boots
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:25 AM #83 of 321
The non-grainy screenshots I saw confirm that the graphics indeed do not suck ass, which is awesome.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:33 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 03:33 PM #84 of 321
Originally Posted by Eleo
The non-grainy screenshots I saw confirm that the graphics indeed do not suck ass, which is awesome.
And then the PS3's price comes to mind, which is not awesome ;______;

Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 03:10 AM #85 of 321
Yeah sure it's expensive, but if I'm going to have as much fun as I did with PS1 and even more so with PS2 then it's worth it to me. BTW sweet avatar and sig I'm currently playing the game =]

Zukan
Carob Nut

Member 1321

Level 5.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:39 AM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 06:39 PM #86 of 321
Quote:
The cheorographer is Yuji Shimomura, action cheorographer for the Japanese film entiled VERSUS.
Wow? Was this guy part of any earlier DMC game? Either way, that's fantastic. Versus is one insane movie and if the action scenes are anywhere near that I'm gonna go crazy!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chankoro?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 04:59 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 02:59 PM #87 of 321
And Dante seems to be wearing his black and red ensemble from the first game.
From the waist up, yeah, but look:

lol

FELIPE NO
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 05:44 PM #88 of 321
Maybe he's going out to meet some demon ladies? =/

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:04 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 08:04 PM #89 of 321
Originally Posted by Zukan
Wow? Was this guy part of any earlier DMC game? Either way, that's fantastic. Versus is one insane movie and if the action scenes are anywhere near that I'm gonna go crazy!
He did the cutscene choreography for DMC3.

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:02 PM #90 of 321
As long as DMC4 doesn't follow the trend of it's disowned bretheren (DMC2) this game is gonna be the coolest demon killing game to date. But my question is has anyone heard a official or unofficial release window for this game? It was one of the first games to be announced for the PS3 so I hope it makes it for launch.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:04 PM #91 of 321
No where near launch. Announcing early =/= released early. Heavenly Sword was announced way back (it was once and Xbox then 360 game) but from what I hear, it won't be a launch title.

Most amazing jew boots

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:49 AM #92 of 321
From what I've heard from two or three magazines they seem to believe that Heavenly Sword will be a launch title. Not that their word is the law or anything though.

As for DMC4, I didn't think it was going to be because Capcom is usually pretty good about their release dates, so I thought that if I hadn't heard anything by now that it probably wasn't going to be, but I guess one can hope ^^;

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:20 AM #93 of 321
heavenly sword was suppose to be a launch title, but it got push back recently to march 2007 I think...

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:08 AM #94 of 321
Originally Posted by Slayer X
But my question is has anyone heard a official or unofficial release window for this game? It was one of the first games to be announced for the PS3 so I hope it makes it for launch.
As close to the launch window as possible, at least that's what Sony wants but the game still has a year of development to go yet.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Simo; Sep 17, 2006 at 11:11 AM.
Zukan
Carob Nut

Member 1321

Level 5.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 03:57 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 10:57 AM #95 of 321
I guess most of you've already found out, but for those who haven't there's some new stuff up on the official website. A section called "What's DevilMayCry" and a bunch of new pics on Nero and Dante. Nothing we haven't already seen though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chankoro?
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 09:44 AM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 08:44 AM #96 of 321
http://www.gamespot.co.kr/videos/0,3...095963p,00.htm

Here. Thought some of you would like to get some pre DMC4 action. Exciting!

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:12 PM #97 of 321
It's a short video, but sweet
Thanks for the psot.

Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:56 PM #98 of 321
You folks need to peep this link:
http://www.playsyde.com/news_3492_en.html

I also posted some more DMC goodness in the AnimeSpot...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 02:01 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 01:01 AM #99 of 321
Ohh, looks like the marionettes are back in a new form, harboring a much more twisted look to it. The ingame graphics also appear to be much crisper/better than from what we saw in the scans. The environments are also incredible, on par with the pre-rendered stuff we've seen in previous Capcom titles (ie: Resident Evil, Onimusha).

The animation is soo fluid, and the gameplay mechs for the Nero appear similar to Dantes. Looks like he fires his revolver at the same rate as Dante does with his autos. The sword swinging (though a little slower), and combos also appear to be similar style to Dante's (in a way). The Stinger move he uses is a little different, its a dash forward jab with a horizontal slash to finish (which is proving to be very effective for combat).

The new Devil Bringer/Arm thing is a really nice touch to gameplay. Like it adds a fire element to the attacks and comboing. He does an upper cut and grabs the head, then smashes it into the ground, really cool. He can also grab in the air and toss em down. It's kinda like having the ability to combo with an Ifrit gauntlet at the touch of a button and sword with a touch of another, nifty. It's a nice change, instead of switchin' weapons you just press a different button for the sword and Devil Bringer/Arm.

Too bad there wasn't any sound in the vids, as I would have loved to have heard what the BGM and VA was like.

Haha, though, kinda sad that there's still a "Now Loading" screen for the game. I thought we'd be finished with those by this coming generation.

Also check out the diary page on the offcial site, along with the updates Zukan mentioned already, as there are some nice hidden images (well, non official/released images) in there that deal with the making of aspect for the game.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4/main.html

EDIT:
Oh, and some really high res images at ruliweb.

http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/data/rul....htm?num=14991
http://ruliweb2.dreamwiz.com/ruliboa...e_ps04&main=ps

Also, IGN has hands-on impressions, as well as footage. One of them being the demo screen video, or TGS trailer itself. Very cool, showed Dante with blood all over his face, plus Nero (appears to be pre-Devil Bringer/Arm) and Dante dualing. Also, it looks like Nero can surf on enemies as well. Oh and I just realized that Nero's Revolver is double barrelled, meaning he actually fires two shots at once!
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/734/734174p1.html

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Hantei; Sep 22, 2006 at 02:52 AM.
SephirothStrife
Carob Nut

Member 4159

Level 5.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:06 AM #100 of 321
I like the very church like music in the back. the site layout is really nice. Makes me sort of want a s3.....BUT NOT FOR $600!!!!!!!

Lock and load!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Devil May Cry 4