Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops [PSP]

Taterdemalion
Chocobo

Member 1827

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:45 PM #76 of 98
I'm about 3 hours in and I'm liking it. But it just feels kind of empty to me, like its not really a main entry in MGS. Maybe its because of the comic book cutsenes. It lacks a certain Metal Gear essence. Maybe that feeling will go away in the future, I hope. I still want to see how this connects with MGS4.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 02:42 AM Local time: Dec 11, 2006, 11:42 PM #77 of 98
Heh, apparently the hot topic on Gfaqs is how to unlock Ocelot and Eva in story mode, and so far no one is able to find them.

I wonder if its even possible at all..

I was speaking idiomatically.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 03:34 AM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 02:34 AM #78 of 98
I'm actually wondering if they're unlockable via a code that might come with the OST. As there's a First Press bonus for it, so that might just be it. Also, didn't MGA's ost come with some sort of code for the game too?

Here's the OST's tracklist, which I'll tag as it does appear to have some spoilers. Namely track 30, which I'm still trying to find out if it's true or not.

Spoiler:

M01. Calling To The Night
M02. Opening Title
M03. Imprisonment
M04. COMM Base
M05. Intermission
M06. To Arms
M07. Soviet Patrol Base
M08. Research Lab
M09. Diversionary Ops
M10. Town
M11. Dynamite
M12. In the Wilderness
M13. Place of Prophecy
M14. Nukes
M15. Warheads Storage Facility
M16. Python
M17. Sad Man‘s Theme
M18. The Hunt
M19. Airport
M20. Null
M21. Hot War
M22. Rescue Effort
M23. Evasion
M24. Elisa
M25. Destiny's Call
M26. Before Dawn
M27. RAXA
M28. Substation
M29. Break for the Fortress
M30. The Frank Hunter
M31. Null's Revenge
M32. Silo
M33. Fortress
M34. Revelation
M35. Cunningham
M36. Gene
M37. ICBMG
M38. The Legacy
M39. Comradery
[Bonus Track]
M40. Show Time
M41. Mission : Failed
M42. Mission : Complete
M43. Match
M44. SE Collection
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mpo/

Also, RYU found a rip of the game's theme song "Calling to the Night" by Natasha Farrow.

Most amazing jew boots
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 06:41 AM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 04:41 PM #79 of 98
I found the game really frustrating and empty at first. As i said earlier the story will grow later, comic cutscenes will also grow on you with time and becomes much better by the end.

After first boss fight i got hold of gameplay. Now its breeze but still constant ration needs and dragging the soldiers to your partners or truck, is too inconvenient and frustrates me.

FELIPE NO
TheXeno
Overlord

Member 13483

Level 8.29

Oct 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 12:14 PM Local time: Dec 12, 2006, 12:14 PM #80 of 98
Quote:
After first boss fight i got hold of gameplay. Now its breeze but still constant ration needs and dragging the soldiers to your partners or truck, is too inconvenient and frustrates me.
If your having problems with rations on the first play through (I was) make sure you have a decent medic unit. Recruit paramedic and get other medics through capturing the nurses at the hospital or though hotspots. If your low on stamina use the skip day feature on the far right and the game will skip half a day and you will recover stamina without rations. Make sure you have a decent medic team it is important.

About recruiting soldiers, I usually trank two or more and drag them over to a buddies box and call the codec frequency. It is important though to know where to pick up good soldiers. Sometimes I pick up them just because they have good equipment like an rpg7 or an m4. If you want the best tech people I find to recruit the maintenance guys at the "plant" you will understand once you get there.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 03:32 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 01:32 PM #81 of 98
Thanks for the tip it really works. Game needs time to understand better.
Anyways related to story id somone like to throw some light
Spoiler:
The person talking with Ocelot in the end , who it could be?
Ocelot said 'she envisioned a reality, in his last chat with CIA director before killing him, he was not referring The boss?
That whoever person is the one who will be responsible for genes research and LesEnfantes terribles project, may be he/she will be revealed in future.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 05:31 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 06:31 AM #82 of 98
Supposedly you unlock Gene by capturing 200 soldiers. The leading theory about Eva right now is that you either lay 100 magazines or you find her frequency somewhere. Ocelot is supposedly unlocked by beating the game with no alerts.

Spoiler:
Most controversial line of the game: Ocelot said "Together we (Ocelot and Big Boss) will become the Patriots!"

There's nowhere I can't reach.

[ MOBIUS ]

Last edited by Mobius One; Dec 13, 2006 at 05:35 AM.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 05:43 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 12:43 PM #83 of 98
Originally Posted by Sexninja
I found the game really frustrating and empty at first.
That's exactly my problem. Only that I've already been playing for 4 or 5 hours and still feel the same. It's like the game somehow refuses to let me enjoy it.

Maybe I'm just doing this wrong. -__-

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 08:28 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 06:28 PM #84 of 98
Originally Posted by Mobius One
Supposedly you unlock Gene by capturing 200 soldiers. The leading theory about Eva right now is that you either lay 100 magazines or you find her frequency somewhere. Ocelot is supposedly unlocked by beating the game with no alerts.

Spoiler:
Most controversial line of the game: Ocelot said "Together we (Ocelot and Big Boss) will become the Patriots!"
Spoiler:

Yes may be Bigboss was one of them and never revealed to Solid.
You never know Koji can do this, he has already changed many things.

Rock: When i played multiplayer, i was shocked to see other players playing like breeze(Rolling, evading aiming sharply).

I then realized that something is wrong with my skills. If they can thn i can too. By the end of the game, i got so expert that i killed last 2 bosses without dying and taking any health kits.
Now i am able to kick some ass in multiplayer too.

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 08:53 AM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 03:53 PM #85 of 98
It's not even the controls I'm having trouble with. I can cope with them, however awkward they may be, but the whole concept of the game seems rather stupid and pointless to me. Most of the time I don't even know what to do next and recruiting new members is a pain in the ass, no matter how rewarding it might be in the end.

Maybe I'm just pissed off that they didn't make Acid 3. I loved those games since they were much more "portable" to me. Portable Ops is such a drag, I don't think it suits the PSP very well.

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 02:44 PM Local time: Dec 14, 2006, 12:44 AM #86 of 98
Its actually mainly for multiplayer purpose. The importance of recruiting, one can realize in Multiplayer. Make your team and go for it!

How ya doing, buddy?
--==N-N-T-B==--
Wark!

Member 6567

Level 2.00

May 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 05:22 AM #87 of 98
is the GPS compatable with the US version of this game? i realy want to recrute solders via gps >.>

Most amazing jew boots
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:28 AM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 10:28 AM #88 of 98
Yes the option is there. However, I don't think that peripheral is released yet, at least not overseas.

And man, online play is so much more fun when you got a team of unique characters. Yesterday I was having a blast with Snake, Null, Ocelot, and Eva. I know it might seem cheap, but everyone else seems to does the same thing (Null is bitch at close range with his Machete). Just one thing I don't like is that there isn't a quick reload button, seems like I always have to go through the whole clip before I can reload.

BTW, does anyone else notice that you only get scored for playing RC (real combat) matches and not VR (virtual reality)? Kinda gay, cause if you got regular soldiers on your team and they die, they're dead for good. So best save before going online.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 03:46 AM #89 of 98
My stamina level is at 1 pixel. And one step from Snake, completely disables him. Um, so what now? xD

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:16 AM #90 of 98
Use the wait command. It should get some stamina back. Plus, you could use 3 waits, then go into a mission, quickly abort it, wait 3 times again, and repeat.

There's only a tiny penalty for going past Jan 1st, 1971, which is that you can't get Cunningham as a secret character. HOWEVER, you can just use the password JUNKER and unlock him, so whatever.

Feel free to abuse the wait command.

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 05:25 PM Local time: Dec 23, 2006, 04:25 PM #91 of 98
Haha, yea I had the same problem with Stamina at first as well. Heh, that was until I had discovered the Wait command.

I also suggest building up your Medic unit, as that way you can build it up so that it only takes one Wait to completely regen. Plus, they'll produce and boost up healing items in your inventory.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 23, 2006, 05:30 PM #92 of 98
Damn. That was easier than I thought. Without the Wait feature, I was going back to the hospital and stealing rations, and repeating the process until he was full again. .___.

Anyways, I finished off Python. Took me a while. I had two problems, either my health was initially low (and no health aids in my pack) or no more tranq ammo. Which for some reason, only spawns at an area 2/10 tries. Or am I just blind?

Double Post:
This game is getting annoyinggg >___> How do you make the enemy "freeze"? It works sometimes, is there a special timing? What the fux?

Double Post:
Sorry for triple posting. But how do I use Gazelle? The guy that puts the items back into the trunk without having to go back to the menu - or dropping items.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]

Last edited by Sepharite; Dec 24, 2006 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 01:39 AM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 12:39 AM #93 of 98
You mean to send item back to the truck? As him you collect items and can send them back to the truck. The command for it is in the menu window, you'll notice that he gets the option to press R, which allows him to send items back to the truck.

Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 27, 2006, 04:48 PM #94 of 98
How do I choke someone? Seriously, I've been playing for 16 hours and I still don't know. I've always gotten lucky and pressed some button. No weapons + Square. And what? ;___;

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

TheXeno
Overlord

Member 13483

Level 8.29

Oct 2006

Old Dec 27, 2006, 06:36 PM Local time: Dec 27, 2006, 06:36 PM #95 of 98
To choke someone (I don't think you can break necks or slit throaghts in this game) get behind them with no weapons and press and hold down square then tap it to knock the buggers out aka choke.

Most amazing jew boots
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 04:04 AM #96 of 98
I just beat the game. Amazing ending. Amazing game. What I didn't notice was that
Spoiler:
Null was really Grey Fox
. I had absolutely no idea that they were the same. I thought they just had similarities =/

Most amazing jew boots

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 08:08 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2006, 07:08 AM #97 of 98
I just beat the game. Amazing ending. Amazing game. What I didn't notice was that
Spoiler:
Null was really Grey Fox
. I had absolutely no idea that they were the same. I thought they just had similarities =/
Haha, many of us jumped to that conclusion upon first impressions of the TGS trailer (well, I did anyway). But I'm kinda choked that it ended up being fact.

Spoiler:
I mean, Null/Gray Fox is supposedly only 20 or so in PO right? That would mean he's got like 20 or more years on Solid Snake, as the Les Enfants Terribles project didn't start till the 1970s. The age factor is really throwing me off, cause they've never really gave the impression that Gray Fox was that much older than Solid Snake (damn, meaning he was about 50 in MGS, as Solid Snake was around his 30s during then). Plus he's gone through rehab, like, 3 times. Boy he has had it rough, especially get fucked around with twice with genetic experiments.

Oh and that little foreshadow.

Spoiler:
Elisa/Ursula looking in Snake's/Big Boss' future, hinting that (though obvious) Solid Snake will save the world.

Though I wonder, how much more of PO is actually related to MGS4. Much less how the results of our cleared game will affect our game in MGS4.

Most amazing jew boots
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2007, 01:11 PM #98 of 98
I don't know, I just completely forgot about Gray Fox, until the very end when I wiki'd him. ._.''

By the way, there's going to be a direct sequel - again on the PSP: http://www.gamesradar.com/us/psp/gam...sectionId=1006

Coming out in 2007, seems it has been in development for some time. <3 Kojima.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops [PSP]