Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Battlestar Galactica

Tellurian
To know the face of God is to know Madness

Member 1328

Level 17.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 23, 2007, 03:35 PM Local time: Jan 23, 2007, 10:35 PM #51 of 165
Spoileroo. There, you were warned.

Well, technically they CAN'T know wether it's their Sharon.
At least this one looked scared enough for starters...

This is getting interesting. Gaius AND Caprica abroad... Wonder how God will respond to that. (Note, that Tellurian refers to the Six in Gaius imagination as "God")

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 01:48 AM Local time: Jan 25, 2007, 01:48 AM #52 of 165
I thought it was an awesome episode. Lots of people think it was rushed, but I thought the pass was very good. The second half of the season is looking awesome.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 06:29 PM #53 of 165
I was checking out the episode page for 'Rapture' over at Battlestarwiki.com and I saw a high-res image of the Final Five.

Check it out for yourselves and see if you can identify any familiar faces.

I swear that one with his arm out looks like Apollo.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Archaic Demigod
Banned

Member 17156

Level 3.09

Dec 2006

Old Jan 25, 2007, 07:34 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2007, 05:34 PM #54 of 165
I was checking out the episode page for 'Rapture' over at Battlestarwiki.com and I saw a high-res image of the Final Five.

Check it out for yourselves and see if you can identify any familiar faces.

I swear that one with his arm out looks like Apollo.
That image was the subject of much debate on the SciFi forum & from what we've learned over there, those people are actually stand in actors and not the final five.

Although one of them does look somewhat like Ander's but it isn't.

It was interesting to see Number 3 boxed. Although that was expected. It'll be interesting to see where this season leads. I can't wait to add it to my DVD collection.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
kiyo-chan
giggling ninja schoolgirl

Member 15083

Level 5.59

Nov 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 06:57 PM #55 of 165
Someone had also noted that one of the final five looked suspiciously like Cally...but, again, they're just stand-ins. So rah - we still have nearly no idea what's going on w. the Final Five.

FELIPE NO
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 01:49 AM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 11:49 PM #56 of 165
Haha, I wasn't paying too much attention at the beginning of the episode, so when I saw it, I went crazy for a bit, rewinded and let it continue... oh. VR:.

Interesting interrogation episode, though they probably should've brought in Jack Bauer for it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Tellurian

Member 1328

Level 17.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 02:21 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2007, 09:21 PM #57 of 165
Now we're getting back to where it belongs.
Baltar is much more fun when he's interacting with real people compared to Baltar being fooled around by his un-fellow Cylons.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 03:13 PM #58 of 165
If they could just be done with the Starbuck/Anders/Apollo/Whatever Her Name Is love mess and get on with some real plot, the show would be much better. I don't need non-stop action, but that whole arc is annoying.

How ya doing, buddy?
Tellurian

Member 1328

Level 17.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 06:35 PM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 01:35 AM #59 of 165
It's pretty important for character development though.
Might be annoying for people who dig old school sci-fi stuff with straight up "big plot" only events being dealt with during the episodes and with little character development on a less epic level.
And this love square relationship thing is pretty important for Starbuck and Apollo, who happen to be among the central figures of the show.

kiyo-chan

Member 15083

Level 5.59

Nov 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 06:48 PM #60 of 165
I feel like the character development that is so famed on Galactica is getting way rushed this season so far. This feeling might just be a personal thing, but I feel like Roslin's character has changed so dramatically/is getting jacked around by the writers and having to make some really dumb decisions which aren't very Roslin-like at all due to some really, um, overdone events (i.e. Anyone else note that there's been a whole lot more screaming at people this season?).

Something feels disasterously disorganized between the characters on le Galactica. On the other hand, it seems like Roslin/Ad. Adama shippers are having a field day these days.

[SPOILER ALERT]
Baltar's still interesting, but I'm so sad at what has become of Lt. Gaeta. He was among my most favourite characters for the first two seasons and the beginning of those current one (especially the "secret jury" episode), but this whole ballpoint thing is a bit on the unbelievable side....

Tellurian

Member 1328

Level 17.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 07:20 PM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 02:20 AM #61 of 165
I guess we can track a lot of this season's character changes back to the whole situation on New Caprica.
I mean, everybody - virtually - got out of there changed.
And in... Well in all cases for the worse.

Sure, it's kind of a cheap explanation, but at least it's a pretty believable one.

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 08:02 PM #62 of 165
I'm kind of wondering what Baltar whispered to Gaeta in the cell. For a few minutes after that, I was thinking something along the lines of "HOLYCRAP Gaeta is a Cylon!"... But now I'm not so sure. Makes me wonder, because when Deanna saw the Final Five, she said 'You... I'm so sorry...' which means she must've met him/her before, right? Hmm.

Also... the scene with all the kids around the goo-pool with Baltar... I wonder if those children were actually 'young' representations of the 12 Cylon models? Mainly because there was one there that had an eyepatch just like Tigh.

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
kiyo-chan

Member 15083

Level 5.59

Nov 2006

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:53 PM #63 of 165
I'm waiting for them to explain either of those scenes. They'll prolly eventually reveal what Baltar said...but the scene w. the kids was just odd and I couldn't tell what exactly it was supposed to represent at all (But I can partially blame that on a conversation with my sister I was having at the moment...)

Apologies, btw, about my horrific writing in my post before this one. T_T I was in a rush...and it's so poorly constructed...

Most amazing jew boots
Menzoberranzan
Chocobo

Member 1470

Level 12.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 04:21 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 07:21 PM #64 of 165
In the podcast, Ron said that the kids were there to represent the innocence of the victims that died during Baltar's rule on New Caprica and those during the bombing of the colonies.

Just a symbolic gesture thats all.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Tellurian

Member 1328

Level 17.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2007, 05:34 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2007, 12:34 PM #65 of 165
Yes. Didn't you notice what was probably supposed to be radiation burns on them?

How ya doing, buddy?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 11, 2007, 11:07 PM #66 of 165
Little known fact: Rosa Parks was a Sagittaron.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:49 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 08:49 AM #67 of 165
That was an interesting episode, even though it really was just a filler one since nothing progressed; but I liked it.

I didn't really catch what happened in that extra scene. =/ Next episode looks intense though.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:59 AM #68 of 165
It was ok, I guess, but I'm tired of the "episode as a parable for modern issues" concept. Give us something that advances the plot or is more science-fictiony, but don't shove life lessons down our throats. At least there wasn't much of the Apollo/Starbuck love thing.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:01 AM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 09:01 AM #69 of 165
At least there wasn't much of the Apollo/Starbuck love thing.
That might be the true reason as to why I liked it. The episode was good because it lacked that.

waka waka

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 12:41 PM Local time: Feb 12, 2007, 12:41 PM #70 of 165
I loved the last 10 minutes of the episode. It was pretty intense. But I have to agree that the whole parable/compare to modern day stuff is kind of annoying. I guess the writers are just trying different things and how they could apply to anything.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:25 PM #71 of 165
Nutty wouldn't have cared so much about the parable thing if they'd actually killed off Dee. The joy of being rid of her would have been too much.

The thing I found a little off about this episode was how Doc Roberts actually helped the half-Cylon baby. He said it himself at the end, "The only thing worse than a Cylon is a Sagittaron." You'd think a racist so willing to murder his patients would have no problem killing a half-Cylon child. After all, it would be consistent with how the treatments down there had already been going.

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:29 PM #72 of 165
Nutty wouldn't have cared so much about the parable thing if they'd actually killed off Dee. The joy of being rid of her would have been too much.

The thing I found a little off about this episode was how Doc Roberts actually helped the half-Cylon baby. He said it himself at the end, "The only thing worse than a Cylon is a Sagittaron." You'd think a racist so willing to murder his patients would have no problem killing a half-Cylon child. After all, it would be consistent with how the treatments down there had already been going.
I don't mind Dee that much, it's just that her character has been pointless except as a love interest.

As for Doc Roberts, a) he said Col. Tigh said that quote, not himself, b) it would have been highly suspicious if the baby died under his care, and c) he gave Dee the medicine, and she was a Sagittaron. Doc Roberts was trying to hide his actions, and he couldn't very well kill high profile people.

It might have been better if they'd cast a different actor to play Doc Roberts. I don't know the guy's name, but he always plays seemingly shifty good guys who turn out to be evil.

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:39 PM #73 of 165
Yeah, it was Col. Tigh's quote, but he was using it in a way that seemed like it was his own belief as well. I mean, it's kind of an understood that all the humans except for Helo hate the Cylons.

As for hiding his actions, if he was trying to do that then he really sucked at it. 90% mortality rate for Sagittaron patients back on Caprica? Injecting the people with a poison that could be easily found if an autopsy was performed? He wasn't really covering his tracks so much as depending on everyones' prejudices to keep him safe.

I agree that they should have chosen a different actor though. It was obvious he'd be shifty and evil the moment he was shown.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 04:05 PM #74 of 165
As for hiding his actions, if he was trying to do that then he really sucked at it. 90% mortality rate for Sagittaron patients back on Caprica? Injecting the people with a poison that could be easily found if an autopsy was performed? He wasn't really covering his tracks so much as depending on everyones' prejudices to keep him safe.
If your goal is to kill Sagittarons, there's no real way to mask the statistics unless you kill more of the other races too. The key is that no one is going to look at the statistics unless you start killing high-profile people (like Dee).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Feb 12, 2007, 04:14 PM #75 of 165
If your goal is to kill Sagittarons and be subtle about it, you keep the mortality rate at a believable number like 40-50%. That would've still been obscenely high considering the other races were 6-10%, but it could have been easily explained by the patients refusing medical treatment until the last possible moment.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Battlestar Galactica