Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Best Anime Song Contest

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 07:34 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 05:34 PM #51 of 57
Originally Posted by arch_slayer
By the way, I'm still looking for a quality anime music hub (VBR or CBR320). I find that WAY too often anime music is either ripped in 192kbps and 128kbps, and I like to keep my archive collection as high quality as possible. Anyone have some suggestions?
If quality is your primary concern, shouldn't you be getting lossless? ;(

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
arch_slayer
ntan1 is a rankmaniac

Member 6464

Level 21.01

May 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 03:12 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 12:12 AM #52 of 57
Nope, because lossless and VBR are pretty much undistinguishable. the difference is 128kbps enters territory when your ears can easily hear the compression on songs that have a ton of instruments.

Most amazing jew boots
katchum
VGM forever!

Member 180

Level 35.46

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:03 PM Local time: Aug 29, 2006, 07:03 PM #53 of 57
Of course!!! Anime music is even wealthier and more interesting than VGM. Although... I think Yoko Kanno would dominate the entire contest... but there are others like Seisouhen or Gundam.

Basic thing is I just want to get to know the best anime music there is and a contest is the means to get it. Just like a world war is a good thing for getting new technology.

And another thing. I don't know much about anime music and maybe there are others who are similar to me. So you could see it as a recommendation contest for people like me.

Also, in my opinion people don't have to know the basics of anime music, they just have to nominate what they know. The idea of instrumental anime music together with sung music is better than only sung music because it's more flexible and will have a bigger spectrum in getting to know good music. Don't confine yourself in vocal music... this means also: don't confine yourself to the Op/End themes.

If the Op/End themes are really, really good, they will automatically appear in the contest, you don't need to make an Op/End contest. The basic thing is: all anime music should be accounted for, whether it's memorable or not, beautiful music is the most important factor.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by katchum; Aug 30, 2006 at 12:46 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Best Anime Song Contest