Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: What was your Favourite Star Trek Series
The Original Series 3 5.66%
The Next Generation 24 45.28%
Deep Space Nine 17 32.08%
Voyager 8 15.09%
Enterprise 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Star Trek Favourite Series

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 14, 2006, 07:27 PM Local time: Sep 14, 2006, 06:27 PM #51 of 54
Voyager for me. I just thought the premise was great, with interesting characters that never seemed "gimmicky." DS9 is a close second; it was pretty original to base it on a space station vs. a ship and that lead to interesting dynamics, although I never found the local politics to be interesting. I really enjoyed Enterprise once they got into the Temporal Wars. I never got to watch TNG much because I didn't have control of the TV when I was that age, unfortunately. TNG is a little to much like a starched shirt for me: it didn't have the "shoot from the hip" feel of DS9 or Voyager, or even Enterprise. I really enjoy that "shoot from the hip" feel that Farscape and Firefly had - it's what made those shows. As for TOS, I haven't seen too many episodes, but it's now such an old show that it's hard to compare it to anything. I'll just say I can enjoy watching it but it's nothing I would seek out.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar

Last edited by speculative; Sep 14, 2006 at 07:35 PM.
José
Bronx Rican

Member 7683

Level 3.73

May 2006

Old Sep 14, 2006, 08:16 PM #52 of 54
Probably TNG. But I hate choosing, 'cause I dig most of the Trek I've seen: the majority of it from TNG and the Original. I've seen a few DS9s also, and during the time I used to tape episodes of that one for a friend of mine (I'm sure DS9 is his favorite, probably followed by Original), the series was just ramping up to the Dominion conflict, and man, was that damned exciting.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
José - Veteran G*A*M*E*R
Menzoberranzan
Chocobo

Member 1470

Level 12.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 07:51 AM Local time: Sep 15, 2006, 10:51 PM #53 of 54
@ Majin yami

On the contrary, I see 12 stupid Miranda classes lol, that ship just pisses me off.

The battle scenes in Babylon 5 were just awesome though. That was a show where ship-combat scenes were impressive.

Cause in DS9, you hear about this gigantic 100+ ship fleet getting blown up to just a few several remaining ships and when you think about the sheer number of Mirandas you just go WTF. Plus none of the ships look "Cool".

When I think of Sci-Fi and space ships I want to see well done space battles as often as possible for the simple fact that it is science fiction.

Here's a You-Tube video of a whole bunch of Babylon 5 ship combat scenes. Thats what I call impressive. Not Miranda-Heaven (lol)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PpH3rsCGCjE

For those Star Wars fans who haven't seen Babylon 5, this is a taste of what you can expect.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2006, 09:43 AM #54 of 54
TNG for me.

http://picard.ytmnd.com enough said lol.

But in all, I grew up watching mostly TNG. While I've watched DS9 and Voyager... TNG had something that the other two seasons didn't.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Star Trek Favourite Series