Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Most Wanted 2009. Worms 2 Armageddon or GTFO

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:04 PM #51 of 60
Given the Indy game could quite easily avoid the issue a lot of people seemed to cite with Crystal Skull (old Indy) I really don't see why it was all that risky.
I don't think Indy's age was the problem with the movie (frankly, there was no discerning problem with the movie - it was one of the biggest films of 2008 by a pretty wide margin, and the people who argued against it were the lowest form of life possible - internet reviewers) but the fact that the surrounding material sold very badly. Stuff like board games and Halloween costumes and action figures didn't fly off the shelves; look at The Phantom Menace - the movie was ripped to shreds by everyone but the toys sold really well none-the-less.

This last game was slated to come out around the time of the film, but ended up getting dicked in much the same manner as the Superman Returns game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:13 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2009, 05:13 PM #52 of 60
I don't think Indy's age was the problem with the movie (frankly, there was no discerning problem with the movie...)
No I agree, I'm one of the people who is with you in that I found it a rather enjoyable film and don't get what most people were complaining about. However, I did know a few people that had most issue with seeing an old Indy (not saying I did).

What I meant though, is the game could basically ignore Crystal Skull and be closer to the originals, which remain as popular as ever (Lego Indy being one of the biggest sellers of 2008 would seem to demonstrate that). Any which way, a shame as Indiana Jones would be a great basis for a good adventuring type game.

How ya doing, buddy?
Detection

Member 16824

Level 14.04

Dec 2006

Old Jan 13, 2009, 01:00 PM #53 of 60
Demon's Souls and Ninja Blade are the only two games that I'm looking forward to this year and they're both on consoles that I don't own (yet)

Oh and maybe Sin and Punishment 2, as long as the music from the trailer wasn't the game's music.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2009, 01:50 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2009, 11:50 AM #54 of 60
The game that I'm most looking forward too this year is one that I've had a hard-on since it was announced: Brütal Legend. Ever since I played Grim Fandango I've been a huge fan of Tim Schafer and it's been almost 3 years since the release of Psychonauts and I've been jonesin' for a good dose of some of that amazing production that only Schafer can bring.

I'm also looking forward to Street Fighter IV like a lot of other people here because, well, I'm a sucker for the SF franchise even if I'm god awful at the games. Patapon 2 is another obvious choice for me because I'm still awfully addicted to the first one and it's really the only game on the PSP that I play. More of the same will be the kind of hit that an addict needs.

Most amazing jew boots
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:47 AM Local time: Jan 14, 2009, 04:17 PM #55 of 60
I'm looking forward to both Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6 and the best thing about Tekken is it's coming to 360 too so I don't have to choke down buying a PS3 to play it.

Sin & Punishment 2
should be worth a look as will Another Code R, both have European release dates listed for mid-year which is good. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat being re-released on Wii with extra levels will be fucking sex, even if they've completely ruined the gameplay by not adding bongo-support.

FELIPE NO
HazelrahFiver
Syklis Green

Member 4110

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:51 AM #56 of 60
I still have my hopes up that Bioshock 2 will get a release this year; however, I do not want them to release the game until it is COMPLETELY done and without a single bit of rushing. I will wait five more years for this to be the case, if I have to.

Besides that, there is RE5 - two days from this post!
Heavy Rain
WET
Way of the Samurai 3 - hopefully to get a US release date announced soon RockBand: Beatles
FFXIII and FFXIII:Versus - either in 2009? I doubt it
Prototype
Tekken 6 - despite that it will be all too similar to the other games

With MGS4 and Fallout 3 last year no matter what it's going to feel a little dry to me, but I'm trying not to compare but rather only feel excitement.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gakineko
You're sukiyaki!

Member 3199

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:55 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2009, 07:55 PM #57 of 60
as far as the releases i'm aware of, the ones i'll probably have picked up by the end of the year are the following:

Pokemon Platinum
having a two carts makes starting over for fun much easier.
Patapon 2
i didn't get around to playing the first one, but it looked impressive.
Rhythm Heaven
i had been considering picking up a copy of the Japanese release, but since it's slated to hit the US...
Phantasy Star Zero
my friends are all planning on getting this. it'll be a good way of keeping in touch since we no longer all live in the same state.
Beatmania IIDX 16 Empress
i can't explain very well why i'm so fond of Beatmania (or rhythm games in general for that matter), but i too, shall be waiting for this release. DJ Troopers had a pretty unique song selection, and i'm hearing better things about Empress already.

on a slight tangent: i really haven't been paying attention to release dates much, but it doesn't seem like there are many amazing games that get released in the middle of the year. i could understand companies trying to plan their big projects to wrap up at the beginning of 4Q, but do they really avoid summer intentionally?

Most amazing jew boots
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2009, 07:36 AM #58 of 60
Popping back in after recent announcements, pretty much all relating to Atlus.

Class of Heroes looks incredibly awesome, since I loved Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2. It's basically the same thing, only with a high school theme thrown on it. 4/7, shit's gonna rock.

Knights in the Nightmare is getting a US release in June and I'm psyched as hell about that, too. I'm about 3/4ths through the Japanese version since it's as linear as it gets, but the combat is probably the most unique mashup of genres I've played in an RPG... ever. It's also a good sign that I'm not tired of the battle voices considering it's the same four people voicing the whole game.

Endless Frontier: Super Robot Wars OG Saga is another game I dabbled in the moonspeak version but hit a wall in. Being annoyingly stubborn about FAQs, I just left it. Now I'll be able to go through the whole game.

7th Dragon: Etrian Odyssey 3; the next step in what's looking like a History of RPGs series. From first person dungeon crawling to party-following and more plot-centered. Also an optional chiptune soundtrack hell yes. Hoping this will be announced for localization sometime soon.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2009, 01:53 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2009, 01:53 PM #59 of 60
Well... being 2.5 months into 2009 already, some of the titles mostly anticipated have already been released (aka, Resident Evil 5 (not that I picked it up, because I didn't), Killzone 2, Star Ocean 4, HAWX, SFIV, etc.). So, really, what is there left for me to say I'm looking forward to? Let's see:

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 - The first one was nice, but definitely lacked in official stories. With all the other Gundam shows besides 0079 (original), Zeta, and ZZ, they chose only those 3, with only 6 official characters.

Ah, well, least this time they're adding some more characters from more shows like Seed and 00, least I think they're doing so. Fuck it, it'd DW, and I'm sold.

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires - I wasn't too big on the changes they made for DW6, and the missions sometimes seemed a little longer. However, the Empires series has always made things better, considering you can pick your own Generals and simply conquer the lands without all these stupid objectives like "Rescue so-and-so", "Make sure ??? doesn't die", "Kill or Take in # min", etc.

Beatmania IIDX 16 Empress CS - Since I started playing in 2005, I've picked up every CS release from 8th Style to DJ Troopers... except I missed the chance to get 9th Style.

Anyway, like others said. It's the same thing, but new songs, and as far as I'm concerned, new awesome songs. Pink theme or not, I'm picking this shit up.

Halo 3 ODST - Simple. I know I'm getting it, and I know 3 or 4 of my local cousins are getting it. Co-op Legendary mayhem, more achievements, and probably... when we'll see the other 3 fucking Mythic Maps from Halo 3, where I can finish off the new achievements and then retire from the fucking game.

Tekken 6 - It's been a year since I saw the game at Showdown. It looked pretty damn sick. Only real reason I would buy this is because I've started playing some Tekken thanks to Dark Resurrection. 2D fighters are more my thing, but this'll still be fun.Should

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus - I know all my fighter friends will be nagging me to get this, despite the fact that SFIV is out, plus, it's a lotta fun... more fun than CvS2, KoF, or even TvC.

Should be enough to hold me over for the rest of the year.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Most Wanted 2009. Worms 2 Armageddon or GTFO