Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Guilty Gear! Because I love it! v. BURST

Arc Impulse
Syklis Green

Member 473

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 04:17 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 04:17 PM #51 of 140
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload with additional things, if I remember right.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 05:01 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 02:01 PM #52 of 140
Order-Sol is pretty fun to play. My friends and I gave Slash at least 8 hours of play over the past two days and we're settling into our characters again. I'm not a hardcore, in-depth fighting game enthusiast like some of you, so I'm not savy with the lingo and (most) technical aspects of games in this genre. My friend insists that I-No's Stroke the Tree attack is uber cheap, especially since it temporarily stuns a character and can be used repeatedly. I beg to differ~

I can't play Millia quite the same as I did in #Reload. My other two characters, Bridget and I-No, of whom I took a break from to develop my #Reload Millia, are now my ultimate weapons of pwnage. Order-Sol is still getting a lot of play from me, as I like the concept of strengthening moves (even if it's kind of risky). I still can't do his third UBER level 3 super, though.

My friends are actively playing Venom, Johnny, A.B.A, and Potemkin. The latter's new "counter" punch managed to whoop my ass, and even after I found ways around it the attack still catches me off guard.

All-in-all I'm enjoying Slash, but I keep hearing random negative responses regarding the "improved" system and what/not. Would anybody care to explain? I haven't heard anything specific so it could just be mindless, Gamefaqs-esque bullshit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 07:10 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 05:10 PM #53 of 140
I dunno what other people are complaining about. The only real things is that Eddie and Dizzy seem to be weakened. Otherwise, the PS2 version has a couple of bugs and glitches that (probably) aren't present in the Arcade. I'm not quite sure though, so don't quote me on that.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Arc Impulse
Syklis Green

Member 473

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 08:23 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 08:23 PM #54 of 140
Originally Posted by SuperDK
Eddie and Dizzy seem to be weakened.
Thank god. I'd say I'm decent, not a high level player, but it's kinda pathetic when AI Eddie rapes you. =/

Most amazing jew boots
Azral
Tyrant Rave!

Member 869

Level 6.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:50 AM #55 of 140
Originally Posted by a_master_is_out
Order-Sol is pretty fun to play. My friends and I gave Slash at least 8 hours of play over the past two days and we're settling into our characters again. I'm not a hardcore, in-depth fighting game enthusiast like some of you, so I'm not savy with the lingo and (most) technical aspects of games in this genre. My friend insists that I-No's Stroke the Tree attack is uber cheap, especially since it temporarily stuns a character and can be used repeatedly. I beg to differ~
he thinks it's uber cheap because he keeps falling for it. It's a low hit and the stun is avoidable.

-If he learns to block low more often, he won't get hit with it.

-If he gets hit while trying to execute a move, the stun is strengthened from it being a 'counter hit'

-While in a hit stun, the victim can rapidly move the control stick/dpad to get out of hit stun faster.

any questions? ^_^

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:20 AM #56 of 140
I always pulled off a decent combo with Dizzy. Basically its the same bs for any other games. As for her being weakened in Slash. It isn't so bad at all.

Now that iremember, I also kicked ass with Venom. how is he in Slash?

btw, Guilty gear Judgement hits the stores may 1st and the 22nd of september for Europe (daaamn =/ )

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 02:38 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 12:38 PM #57 of 140
With Eddie, you can almost do anything and win (in #R). Eddie's combos are pretty devastating and if you make one small mistake, it's game over for you. I've played Eddie a little, and I know (I think) why he's top. I've actually never done any unblockable attacks, but I don't even have to do any and I can win. I might as well add that I'm just playing with a couple friends and my brothers...and they don't know that much about it.

What I've heard about Dizzy is that she really sucks now because she no longer can cancel her sweep (2D/Low Dust; not really sure what is meant by this, because I don't play her) and that her defense mod is like Chipp's (probably in #R). Well, really, I guess I should just do this (considering the fact that I've not played this game yet):

Originally Posted by Elyon
Eddie - Will still be in the top tier, as he can still lockdown the opponent from almost anywhere on the screen, and hold them in pressure for a fairly long time (even longer if you have meter for Drill FRC). He still has combos to unblockable which now take ~50-60% health off the opponent, in some cases without even requiring a complete Eddie gauge, While it's true this is nothing compared to his previous incarnations, the fact that most other characters can't do much damaage in Slash will end up being his saving grace.

Dizzy - Yay, Dizzy sucks. Considered by some to be the absolute worst character in the game, as she now takes insanely high damage and has lost much of what made her good in #Reload. Her broken low dust (2D) has been weakened in that it's no longer cancellable to any special. So no more 2D XX Fish lol FTW. The fish also disappears if you hit Dizzy, which is nice. Her health is so low that it only takes something like 6 Volcanic Vipers to kill her now - awesome stuff indeed.
I'm just glad that Ky's better now.

As for some glitches, I've heard of something that can let a character always IK ABA. This is supposed to happen during a 1-2 frame period, but nevertheless, if you practice this enough, it can mean an ensured win (provided you have 50-100% Tension and can knock her down 3 times when she's in her Moroha or whatever). This is supposedly only in the PS2 version. But I don't know. Then there are a lot of game freezing glitches that I've heard of.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Arc Impulse
Syklis Green

Member 473

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:30 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 07:30 PM #58 of 140
Originally Posted by chato
Guilty gear Judgement
A decent Guilty Gear on the go. What more could you want. Seriously.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 1, 2006, 05:50 AM #59 of 140
Originally Posted by Arc Impulse
A decent Guilty Gear on the go. What more could you want. Seriously.

A GG game that is an actual third installment with the continuation from GGX2 ? ^^;. We still dont know who "That MAN" is . lol

Um..I heard its out today but the real release date is tomorrow.As usual..Downtown might have it already >=p.

Klonoa
Walking, breathing fighting game Metaform

Member 6959

Level 6.19

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:47 PM #60 of 140
I'm still playing X2 Reload, haven't had the money nor do I know how to import Slash at the moment. I'm gonna get round to it soon enough.

Who said Ky is bad in X2 Reload? >_> Most people consider him to be one of the best chars in the game, he plays a great pressure game and is one of the most easy to adapt to in the game. Does he really need to be made better?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 12:50 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 05:50 PM #61 of 140
Still haven't got around to downloading Slash yet.

Ky isn't bad at all. I play mostly with SP Ky or EX Baiken. Only qualms I have with the game are that playing GGX#R on the PSP isn't easy at first due to the shitty d-pad. I need the console version, and fast.

Most amazing jew boots
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:02 PM #62 of 140
So you can't use analog for GG Judgement(psp)??

I always respected Ky in all GG games. I started out with him when i played GG Advance.

My only problem with GGX2 is that its being remade a million times. I dont think Daisuke Ishiwatari has any inspiration whatsoever =/.

Most amazing jew boots
SuperDK
ROBO-KY!

Member 654

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 01:10 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 11:10 AM #63 of 140
As a scrub, I've played Ky since GG. I still play him and right now I feel like I'm really good. Played Slash last week, It's cool. I still gotta get used to Ky's CSE using dust instead of HS, but oh well.

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 02:04 PM Local time: May 17, 2006, 07:04 PM #64 of 140
Dunno, I'm just playing normal GGX2#R (the original Japanese release). I wouldn't want to use the analogue nub anyway.

NoMaD
Wark!

Member 1078

Level 3.41

Mar 2006

Old May 19, 2006, 05:39 AM Local time: May 19, 2006, 08:39 PM #65 of 140
I've been mainly playing GGXX#R at home and arcades and have only played Slash for a bit when a friend brings it over. I'm a somewhat scrubby player that uses Chipp (is he still low-tier in Slash?) as my primary character and Sol/Millia as my secondaries.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Klonoa
Walking, breathing fighting game Metaform

Member 6959

Level 6.19

May 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 07:59 PM #66 of 140

I always respected Ky in all GG games. I started out with him when i played GG Advance.

My only problem with GGX2 is that its being remade a million times. I dont think Daisuke Ishiwatari has any inspiration whatsoever =/.
our Sol obsess and Queen obsessed game designer ain't abandoned us. He actually has quite good bursts of inspiration. I was one of the few people who didn't totally shit over and ignore Isuka, I gave it a chance. Though its not the most perfect Guilty Gear game, it had alot of original features, and if you can take the few days it takes to get used to the turn function, GG boost with a friend is bloody fun.

There was alot of damn inspiration in Guilty Gear Isuka, and the only problems with it were the fact that it was unbalanced in 1 v 1 matches and had no fucking auto turn function. It proves, however, that even if produced with a flaw like that manual turn function and some balancing issues, he has had - even if Isuka flopped - some very creative ideas.

I ain't defending Isuka, before anyone gets on me fuckin ass for it, o.o even though I loved the game its way too mainstream for a competetive player to like, I'm just saying that, even if he prefers to make his little GGXX remake for now, he DOES have the capability to be inspirational, if you look at the base ideas of Isuka and not how they were executed.

Looking at that game, even if he made it with two key flaws which ruined it, you can tell hes one of the most creative fighting game designers out there. It just seems he doesn't want to lose money from making another Isuka styled game.

(Isuka had too many things that just ruined the execution of it though, what could've changed was stuff like making auto turn work in 1 v 1 matches and making it so that even in multi player matches it turns towards the enemy when your nearest to the edge of the ring. Adding the option to turn off plane switching, giving the game diff mechanics and balancing for 1 v 1s, making those side straffing GG boost style arenas available for 3-4 player fights available if you feel like. x.x and a story function)

They might make an X3 soon anyway. its been getting late now with x2, and nobody gave Isuka a chance enough for that series to evolve. Slash seems popular, and wasn't euro released, so to release the stuff Slash added without wasting publishing resources over in the west, they might just give us an X3 instead of Slash. I dun get why you'd want Slash for all that bloody import cash when X2 is balanced quite decently anyway.

On a sidenote, does anyone find it IMPOSSIBLE to find a fucking player these days? Everyone I play at X2 is a complete butt, even my friend who can use a decent Baiken that can beat everyone else it plays but me can't touch me. I don't think I'm good, I also don't think theres enough people dedicated to it x.x

Last edited by Klonoa; May 23, 2006 at 08:09 AM.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 06:34 PM Local time: Jul 7, 2006, 01:34 AM #67 of 140
Let's kick this up. I saw sprites where the chars have afro-hair. Tell me the stories behind this please.

Zero'
None

Member 4266

Level 2.86

Mar 2006

Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:53 PM Local time: Jul 6, 2006, 08:53 PM #68 of 140
All the afro-haired character are instantly killed by Faust in GGX.

How ya doing, buddy?
Chaotic Lullaby
.357 in nylons & rouge

Member 459

Level 12.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 02:15 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 11:15 PM #69 of 140
sup guys, miss me?

i've been playing slash like a crackfiend, and while some aspects of it are pretty lacking as far as tourney play may go, i'm having more than enough fun with it. i've been toying around with order-sol, and i find that i'm actually enjoying playing guilty gear on a level which i haven't since ggx. sure, hoss isn't beastly, but for casual play i find him more than adequate.

although holy shit, is it me or did anji get super mega beefy in slash?

ps guys gg:ds sucks the big one, don't even waste your time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
this space for rent.
Elyon
Ex-Server

Member 410

Level 2.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 02:32 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 12:32 AM #70 of 140
Grawl wins for Best Post in Thread, with no fewer than 3 Millia images.

Quote:
sup guys, miss me?
Off course!

Still playing Slash here, but with less enthusiasm since people are not so into it these days over here. I'd post more over here but dustloop.com covers all the GG one can ever need so it's easy to forget about poor GFF. If anyone ever passes by, I'm known as 'Teyah' over there. Mostly just post in the Millia forum and the local boards, but I do have some recent match vids over there as well in the media section if you want to see how the locals play in these parts.

In other news, that crazy Llama and his team managed to place 2nd in Evo West and guaranteed himself a top seeding in the Evolution 2006 tournament! (For those who don't know, Evolution is the largest fighting game tournament in North America). Congrats!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 07:25 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 12:25 PM #71 of 140
Originally Posted by Zero'
All the afro-haired character are instantly killed by Faust in GGX.
And in GGXX, it's EX Faust's instakill that does it. His normal kill doesn't afro-ulate them.

FELIPE NO
Chaotic Lullaby
.357 in nylons & rouge

Member 459

Level 12.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:49 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 08:49 AM #72 of 140
oh, el <3 i missed yo--

Originally Posted by Elyon
In other news, that crazy Llama and his team managed to place 2nd in Evo West and guaranteed himself a top seeding in the Evolution 2006 tournament! (For those who don't know, Evolution is the largest fighting game tournament in North America). Congrats!
O_O congrats indeed, llama!

this space for rent.
Mithos
Angel of Cruxis

Member 3307

Level 8.12

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 07:45 AM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 01:45 PM #73 of 140
Um, sorry for being cheap (feel free to shoo me away if this annoys you), but I just found out that there are Guilty Gears for the PC - but I don't really want to spend money on anything right now. So could anyone kindly point me in the direction of a download/torrent?
Thanks. xD

[edit] Or shall I just ask in the appropriate requests forum?

Most amazing jew boots
By any other name, would smell as sweet.

Last edited by Mithos; Jul 22, 2006 at 08:10 AM.
Chaotic Lullaby
.357 in nylons & rouge

Member 459

Level 12.79

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 12:16 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 09:16 AM #74 of 140
if i remember correctly, #reload involves using alcohol 120% to make an install cd after you've downloaded it.

i'm not sure where there's a torrent or a download that's still kicking (but i'm sure there's someone else in this thread that does), which kind of sucks because i can't find my install cd for the life of me.

but i do know that the underdogs has a download of the pc version of ggx here.

this space for rent.
Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:15 PM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 10:15 PM #75 of 140
I've been playing Slash a lot, and I'm feeling really good about it. It's weird, because while they downgraded many of the characters my brother plays with (Eddie, Slayer, Axl, Potemkin), most of my characters have gotten a major boost, such as Baiken, Ky Kiske, Johnny and Chipp. It seems that most people think Chipp has become twice as good, but I think he's only been tweaked just enough to be on even ground with everyone else. The character I think got the biggest upgrade in the entire game would be Johnny (Ky is a close second). I mean, Jackhound not only gets me out of many nasty situations (can just go THROUGH some overdrives), it also is an awesome addition for combos (time it just right in a good ground combo, and it can be turned into an air combo), and if Roman Canceled just right, you can connect a dust or whatever while your opponent is slipping. My favorite addition is the fact that his upper level 2 mist finer bounces people. Oh man, the loops I get people in now....it's fun. He's become my favorite character.

I have a lot to say about other characters too, namely Millia and Baiken, but I think I'll save it for another post. Right now, I'm going to make up some cool combos with Johnny.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Guilty Gear! Because I love it! v. BURST