Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS2] Kingdom Hearts 2

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 04:34 PM #701 of 994
It can't possibly be any worse than FFVII's ending. Don't answer that.

Do answer this: Do you have to beat Sephiroth in normal mode to get the secret ending? I know someone said it wasn't necessary earlier in the thread, but one guy I talked to yesterday insisted that you did have to beat him.

Also, does beating him add anything extra to the ending (extra scene, etc), not counting the secret ending?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 04:38 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 03:38 PM #702 of 994
Yes you do, only because of the item you get afterwards that goes in that stupid journal.

No, it doesn't.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 04:46 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 01:46 PM #703 of 994
Yeah, the actual ending is pretty nifty, but the rest of the endgame is just bad.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 05:05 PM #704 of 994
I see a few things that can spoil the ending for people who havn't beat it yet so remember to mark your spoilers.
Also about the nobody and heartless thing:
Spoiler:
When A heartless is made a nobody is also created. Sora became a heartless and created a nobody. When Kairi's heart entered sora she was saved herself from becoming a heartless right? so why did she create a nobody? Was her body just left off as her heart left.

EDIT: Wait a minute >_< how were kairi and her nobody standing side by side.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

New Record!

Last edited by Shenlon; Apr 24, 2006 at 05:13 PM.
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 05:15 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 01:15 AM #705 of 994
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I still haven't seen the ending. I'm debating whether to work on beating Sephiroth first, getting all the journal missions done, or just beat the final boss and then work on the first two afterwards. Regardless, I do have one question that's been bugging me.
it show me when i play Proud Mode and i finish all journal missions & Coliseum Cups,also i beating Sephiroth.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by RYU; Apr 24, 2006 at 05:17 PM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 05:21 PM #706 of 994
shenlon:
Spoiler:
I don't think Naminé is like the other nobody, because like she said, is only power is to affect the memories of Sora, so I think that because Kairi entered Sora heart, this naminé did get created and had the power on sora memory, but I'm not really sure if she's a nobody or not)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 06:42 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 06:42 PM #707 of 994
Spoiler:
Mickey and Riku wore the same outfits as the Organization.
Play Chain of Memories thats all i have to say on this matter, it kinda answers that question...well i thought it did

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 06:52 PM #708 of 994
I did play it, and it didn't. All of a sudden, bam: new wardrobe.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 07:08 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 06:08 PM #709 of 994
It's not like they came out and said why, you kind of had to think about it for a while.

Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 07:12 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 06:12 PM #710 of 994
Originally Posted by Shenlon
Spoiler:
When A heartless is made a nobody is also created. Sora became a heartless and created a nobody. When Kairi's heart entered sora she was saved herself from becoming a heartless right? so why did she create a nobody? Was her body just left off as her heart left.

EDIT: Wait a minute >_< how were kairi and her nobody standing side by side.
Read the Secret Ansem Reports.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 07:20 PM #711 of 994
I did read some of the ansem report....somewhat ~_~

Spoiler:
it mentioned that namine was a special case since kairi is a princess....but still...o_0

Most amazing jew boots

New Record!
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:29 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 09:29 PM #712 of 994
You realize you're supposed to read the entire thing?
Spoiler:
Naminé was formed when Sora became a Heartless. Her creation used Kairi's heart and Sora's body and soul. That's why she's a "special Nobody". Kairi couldn't have a Nobody otherwise, as her heart was too pure to produce a Heartless.

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:46 PM #713 of 994
Originally Posted by Motsy
Don't expect them to, either. KH2's story falls apart in the endgame. Major disappointment.
Huh? No it doesn't. It makes sense to me. They just wanted to be able to go around as if they were part of the Organization.

The story got amazing at the endgame. The actual CG? Yeah, a bit abrupt, but the first game didn't really have some uberexciting CG either. The CG did its purpose in KH2. The real meat of the ending just wasn't in CG.

But yeah, the whole endgame is amazing. The multiple bosses, the dramatic elements with the two. So good.

And yeah, read the journal people. =P

Anyway, game of the year so far.

DSRevolution.com
The #1 site for Wii and DS news, reviews, and previews!

Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:53 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 07:53 PM #714 of 994
Quote:
They just wanted to be able to go around as if they were part of the Organization.
There are only 13 members in the Organization; I THINK they'd all know who's a member and who isn't. Besides, I think it'd be kinda hard for Mickey to blend in anyway.

The story fell to pieces in the endgame -- it suffered from Chrono Cross syndrome: "Oh shit, we forgot to include the plot!" So they threw some stuff together and tried to explain it (poorly) at the last minute.

The final dungeon and battles were mostly cool -- the ones that didn't rely on gimmicks anyway, like the card battle and the DODGE-1000-LASER-BLASTS-AT-THE-LAST-SECOND-OR-DIE-AND-START-ALL-OVER finale.

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:13 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 08:13 PM #715 of 994
I still haven't seen the ending. I'm debating whether to work on beating Sephiroth first, getting all the journal missions done, or just beat the final boss and then work on the first two afterwards. Regardless, I do have one question that's been bugging me.

Spoiler:
What was the deal with Riku wearing a blindfold around his eyes? The only explanation we got was that "his eyes can't lie", and that he was trying to "fool himself". I don't get it at all.

Also, they never explained why

Spoiler:
Mickey and Riku wore the same outfits as the Organization.
Spoiler:
Apparently before the game came out in NA, importers say Riku used the blindfold cause he got so used to darkness the light blinds him, so he blindfolded himself to stay away from the light. And "His eyes can't lie" probably means he doesnt want people to know who he is or what he has become, since people's eyes give away the truth. Then realise he was only trying to fool himself, perhaps a little self denial or shame? Cause thats the feeling I got from Riku throughout the moment we reunited with him again, hes ashamed for what he has done, though Sora forgives him.

The blindfold was probably a symbolic device as well as a protection for his eyes from the light. Imagine if you're trying to hide the truth, like lying, woulnd't you tend to avoid looking at the person you're lying to? Because you know your eyes would give it away. Same principle with Riku. He wants to fool others, but in the end is only fooling himself, and he doesnt wanna face himself as well as Sora.

In the end, its probably all up for the player's interpretation, but I thought that part was pretty obvious once you think about it.

Mickey and Riku wear the coats to go under cover when travelling in the world of darkness, if you talk to Riku as an NPC after he gets his real look back, he would say hes glad he doesnt need to be mistaken as a ORG 13 member anymore.

How the hell Mickey was able to fool anyone with those big ears under the hood, I will never know... After all Pence noticed his ears even though he can't see his face under the hood.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Apr 24, 2006 at 11:21 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:26 PM #716 of 994
That clears up things quite nicely, thanks.

Quote:
Spoiler:

How the hell Mickey was able to fool anyone with those big ears under the hood, I will never know... After all Pence noticed his ears even though he can't see his face under the hood.

Spoiler:
Considering how Mickey is constantly on the run, I doubt any of the other Organization members managed to get a really good look. I imagine they see a black hooded blur whiz by, shrug off and think it's one of their own.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:53 PM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 09:53 PM #717 of 994
That clears up things quite nicely, thanks.
Spoiler:
Considering how Mickey is constantly on the run, I doubt any of the other Organization members managed to get a really good look. I imagine they see a black hooded blur whiz by, shrug off and think it's one of their own.
Spoiler:
Yes Mickey was almost always on the move, until the events of Hollow Bastion (or Radient Garden as the pussy name) made him stick with the party. It seems Goofy's pseudo death (which I really interpreted as a concussion, but they left him behind, so what the hell why not let them think he died?) compelled him to stay with Sora and Co. Mickey's one quick bastard though, he's Square-Enix's answer to Lucas's Episode II rendition of Yoda.

Most amazing jew boots
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 09:06 PM #718 of 994
Originally Posted by Kairi Li
Spoiler:
His height is also something to consider.

Spoiler:
It's understandable how Riku went undercover, but Mickey is quite small. =p

Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:34 AM #719 of 994
The story fell to pieces in the endgame -- it suffered from Chrono Cross syndrome: "Oh shit, we forgot to include the plot!" So they threw some stuff together and tried to explain it (poorly) at the last minute.

The final dungeon and battles were mostly cool -- the ones that didn't rely on gimmicks anyway, like the card battle and the DODGE-1000-LASER-BLASTS-AT-THE-LAST-SECOND-OR-DIE-AND-START-ALL-OVER finale.
Eh, I think you're way off. The plot at the end was awesome. Everything with Riku/Ansem, Ansem the Wise, Roxas, and Namine.. It all tied together perfectly and made pretty much 100% sense to me.

There are only 13 members in the Organization; I THINK they'd all know who's a member and who isn't. Besides, I think it'd be kinda hard for Mickey to blend in anyway.
What? That's not how it works really. While yeah, Mickey would blend in badly (whatever though, who cares), how would Riku not easily blend in? He was just going around in the darkness and you couldn't see his face.

FELIPE NO
DSRevolution.com

Last edited by Zeo; Apr 26, 2006 at 12:38 AM.
Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 06:15 AM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 03:15 AM #720 of 994
Some people should play the game before judging even the ending -.-
It's course the best part of all. It's a giant over 5 hour tour de force that starts with revisiting twilight town. I'm not saing this to spoil other people just to be prepared if you got to this point if you wanna play all the way through without a breake. But the last battle was a little bit over the top. 30min confusing button smashing? C'mon!! The first and last form would had been enough...
Oh and it's worth watching the secret ending. It's completly different than I expected and blew me away. Seems like they going with part3 in a completley different way.

Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 02:29 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 11:29 AM #721 of 994
Originally Posted by Zeo
Eh, I think you're way off. The plot at the end was awesome. Everything with Riku/Ansem, Ansem the Wise, Roxas, and Namine.. It all tied together perfectly and made pretty much 100% sense to me.
You mean all the characters whom you haven't seen since the start of the game showing up briefly to offer quickie, half-assed explanations on what's going on so you can be brought up to speed before the final battles is awesome? And that's not even taking into consideration how Maleficent figures into the whole mess.

Elrasiel
Take A Last Stand - X3

Member 4186

Level 13.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 26, 2006, 08:33 PM Local time: Apr 26, 2006, 05:33 PM #722 of 994
The Story has in the begining, a short part in the middle (hollow bastion) and the end BY FAR the best story telling I ever saw in a RPG. Not even in games like FFVII did they create so much mistery from the begining and it actually already starts with the two secret endings of KH1 and COM. It's also the most original in years and we don't get a lot of original storys anymore in RPG. It's fascinating how deep they wen't with the theory of the heart and how we are all connected with that. I can't remember another game that can relate so much with the real world (exept maby Silent Hill but that a whole other story). The only weak part in the game is that by the time when U have to travel the disney worlds the story got completely forgoten for hours. They should have try to put the story over the whole lengh of the game but the other problem is the complexity of the story. Would they make it even bigger it would get even more confusing. Many people don't get the story anyway how you can see it here and because of that some people just say it's a bad story whitch is of course pathetic -.- How would those people handle it if its even bigger...

Prinnydood
Good Chocobo

Member 208

Level 15.65

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 09:29 PM #723 of 994
Hey I'm trying to get all the Orichalcum pluses and I'm missing two. One I know is a reward for beating a certain cup I think I've yet to unlock but the other comes from collecting every type of material. Unfortunately I'm missing one..and I'm not sure what it is or where to get it so perhaps someone could help me?

On the list of materials in the synthesis screen its right above Dense Stone I believe and the icon is a black crystal lookin thing.....I can get a more specific location next time I play but in case anyone knows what/where it is it'd be appreciated =)

kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:35 PM Local time: Apr 27, 2006, 05:35 PM #724 of 994
You need the Dark Crystal, it seems. This synthesis guide says Air Pirates drop 'em (Land of the Dragons/Port Royal).

Most amazing jew boots
Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 01:55 PM #725 of 994
You mean all the characters whom you haven't seen since the start of the game showing up briefly to offer quickie, half-assed explanations on what's going on so you can be brought up to speed before the final battles is awesome? And that's not even taking into consideration how Maleficent figures into the whole mess.
I don't know what you're talking about. I saw most of the characters at the end in other places besides the start of the game. You must have been playing a different game.

And none of the explanations were half-assed.

Also, what are you talking about with Maleficent? She doesn't figure into the whole mess. She was a minor character with her own agenda who couldn't reach her goal, so she "helped" Sora to help herself.

DSRevolution.com

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS2] Kingdom Hearts 2