Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread

Motsy
Everyday a new adventure

Member 369

Level 13.25

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 05:13 AM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 02:13 AM #676 of 800
An additional whoring. Full booklet with the English script, plus Last Order and some other bullshit.

For $50.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 12:02 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 11:02 AM #677 of 800
Hasn't this cow suffered enough?

Seriously though, I'm passing on this. Not worth it for a few more bonus items, even if one of them is Last Order (which wasn't that great anyway). Unless they decided to resync the lips for the english voice-overs, or had they done this simultaneously with the original release last year, then I would have considered it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 12:07 PM #678 of 800
didn't they said that the blu-ray version will kind of be a director-cut where there would be some new scene?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Sceptre X
\usr\bin\sceptrex

Member 16350

Level 11.01

Dec 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 06:53 PM Local time: Dec 18, 2006, 06:53 PM #679 of 800
Eh, $20 isn't low enough, much less $50. I'm waiting for the bargain bin, where this will eventually end up.

FELIPE NO
It turns out that today is opposite day, so all of what you have said is true, so you should probably just go.
Vash
Chocobo

Member 1502

Level 12.05

Mar 2006

Old Dec 18, 2006, 09:33 PM #680 of 800
Quote:
Inhert
didn't they said that the blu-ray version will kind of be a director-cut where there would be some new scene?
Yes, it is going to be a "director's cut", with new/additional scenes and edited already existant scenes. Hopefully the new/edited scenes will flesh out the story more, there's more than enough action already.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Sig and ava made by me
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:37 PM #681 of 800
We got the whole order page for that deluxe version of AC last month but I only just saw it today. Images of the whole package and contents including 10 postcards, a novel which seems like an English translation of all the Denzel, Tifa, Aeris etc stuff that was posted in the Omega Ultimania or on the Japanese site.

That plus the English script along with never before seen Nomura artwork all packaged in one nice little box for February 20th, 2007.

No mention of Last Order however....

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 11:37 PM #682 of 800
I know that nearly ever notable DVD release tends to create a Deluxe/Director's Cut/Extended Edition, adding more extras and stuff to encourage a second purchase, but....I can't help but feel disgusted about this one. Considering the extra 8 months NA had to wait just for the standard release, I was hoping Square/Sony would've shown a little compassion and translated just a couple of the extras (LO, namely) instead of purposely witholding it so they could release an LE months later.

As it stands, I'm refraining from purchasing this. I'll wait for the Blu Ray Extended Edition (and I really hope they aren't slimey enough to keep Last Order and the other extras away from THAT release as well, just to keep it exclusive to the LE DVD).

Any word on the new figures that were promised a bit back?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:18 AM #683 of 800
Any word on the new figures that were promised a bit back?
Nothing to my knowledge. Koto has got both the FFXII Play Arts and Mechanical Arts lines debuting in the US next month and then the FFIII line sometime later in the year but that's it.

On the subject of the AC figures though, for anyone who hasn't already purchased the Sephiroth figure then Amazing Toyz.com has it in their "Winter" sale for $12.00.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 11:43 AM #684 of 800
FFIII??? I want! would be cool if they came with different costume for different job XD (we can always dream ;

so the FFXII figure stare next month? great I'll check those out ^^

did they say they will release the FFXIII one before the game or it will be after?

How ya doing, buddy?
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:09 PM #685 of 800
Damn, its Blu-Ray only...with all those extras I was going to preorder it today if it were for the DVD.

The extras look niiiice (is LO dubbed or just gonna be left subbed (most likely) I'll get it, open it when I have the nerve to throwdown $599 for you know what.

The cover looks gaudy, I mean, I would of liked a pic of Midgar or something rather than emo cloud making a sour face.

Most amazing jew boots
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2007, 07:43 PM #686 of 800
Damn, its Blu-Ray only...with all those extras I was going to preorder it today if it were for the DVD.

The extras look niiiice (is LO dubbed or just gonna be left subbed (most likely) I'll get it, open it when I have the nerve to throwdown $599 for you know what.

The cover looks gaudy, I mean, I would of liked a pic of Midgar or something rather than emo cloud making a sour face.
No, all those features and contents are for the DVD re-release next month on the 20th.

Originally Posted by Inhert
did they say they will release the FFXIII one before the game or it will be after?
I'd imagine it'd be close to or after FFXIII's release as Koto will more likely expand the line to include more characters from the game.

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 04:56 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 03:56 AM #687 of 800
This definitely deserves recognition. The same guy that did the head resculpts for numerous FF play arts (+ the Cloud sword set) made a Yuffie! Check it out! She look incredible! He's even making DoC Yuffie too! Now if only Kotobukiya could follow his lead, hell they should hire him!

FELIPE NO
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 05:21 AM #688 of 800
OMG!!! I so want it!!! damn Yuffie is so cool and this figure is even better ; ; I want it!! too bad i'm pretty sure he's not selling it ; ;

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 10:19 AM #689 of 800
This definitely deserves recognition. The same guy that did the head resculpts for numerous FF play arts (+ the Cloud sword set) made a Yuffie! Check it out! She look incredible! He's even making DoC Yuffie too! Now if only Kotobukiya could follow his lead, hell they should hire him!

Seriously awesome stuff right there. Makes me wish Koto would expand their AC/FFVII line...

Also going back to the "Deluxe" AC rubbish, yes the Last Order is included. I just overlooked where it was mentioned considering it was listed among all the special features that were already included with the original release.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 12:00 PM #690 of 800
Crap, I thought that was official for a second there.

And there was mention of a "Compilation of FFVII" line of figures in the works, so Yuffie is still a possibility. I'm hoping for Kadaj and his brothers, along with DoC figures (especially Shelke).

eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:11 AM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 01:11 AM #691 of 800
Happy 10 year anniversary, FFVII! (Well, for Japan, anyways.)

Crazy to think that the game that I probably had the most enjoyable time playing came out 10 years ago .

Rumor on the street is that if square were to announce anything about a remake, then today would be it. I'm really not going to get my hopes up though.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:14 AM #692 of 800
Didn't the anniversary already pass in Japan? I keep forgetting the time difference between them and us.

Also, if I had to predict a time for any major announcement, it would be 7/7/07. It's too good a date to not use on the number one series with a 7 in the name.

eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:33 AM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 01:33 AM #693 of 800
Ha, yeah. I guess I didn't even take that into account. Still, it's kind of weird knowing that it has been so long, and the popularity is still so high. I keep hearing that a remake is out of the question and never going to happen from people, but a fanboy can dream.

Here's hoping you're right about a 07/07/07 date.

I was speaking idiomatically.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Jan 31, 2007, 01:40 AM Local time: Jan 31, 2007, 01:40 AM #694 of 800
Since this thread's been revived...

Anyone heard any news regarding Crisis Core? I haven't heard of an update on the American release or anything regarding the game for a while now.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:18 PM #695 of 800
Here's hoping you're right about a 07/07/07 date.
Not to mention the 777 attack.....

Anyway, about the Yuffie figure....

The man who made that did a great job. All he has to do is submit pictures of his work to the company to be considered for employment.

FELIPE NO
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Feb 4, 2007, 07:20 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2007, 07:20 PM #696 of 800
So I checked the pre-order list for the PSP today and saw "Final Fantasy" listed. Dunno if it's Crisis Core or if it's that Tactics re-release I've heard about, but I'll try and keep you guys posted as to what it is if it changes.

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Xaekid
Generic Ninja

Member 9982

Level 7.89

Jul 2006

Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:46 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2007, 08:46 PM #697 of 800
Maybe it's the 20th anniversary edition they announced some time ago.

The War of the Lions
Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 09:45 PM #698 of 800
Well thanks to the NY ToyFair we've got some news on upcoming Play Arts figures that Koto will be releasing later this year including more AC figures.

The next AC series of figures will include:
  • Yuffie
  • Kadaj
  • Reno

The other line will be Final Fantasy VII with updated designs to reflect the characters "realistic" look seen in AC. Series 1 from this line will consist of:
  • Cloud
  • Aeris
  • Tifa
  • Deluxe Cloud with Hardy Daytona bike boxset

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:34 PM Local time: Feb 9, 2007, 10:34 PM #699 of 800
Awesome news!!! About time they finally announced a series 2. Is the new FF7 line being made to coincide with the game's anniversary?

I wonder if the Yuffie by the customerizer guy was the prototype... (maybe he works for Koto?). Heh, and the FF7 line with the Aerith is nice way to knock off her character, as her appearance in AC was essentially the same. I'll definitely buying these sets!

Simo

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:56 PM #700 of 800
Awesome news!!! About time they finally announced a series 2. Is the new FF7 line being made to coincide with the game's anniversary?

I wonder if the Yuffie by the customerizer guy was the prototype... (maybe he works for Koto?). Heh, and the FF7 line with the Aerith is nice way to knock off her character, as her appearance in AC was essentially the same. I'll definitely buying these sets!
I doubt it since the Japanese anniversary has already come and gone. I think it's more to do with popular demand, plus they've already done some figures for FFVIII & X so it'd make sense to do some for FFVII.

Yeah I found it a little funny that Yuffie was announced. Heck maybe that sculptor got himself a new job...

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] FFVII Compilation Thread