Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Phantasy Star Universe

Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 12:21 PM #626 of 1372
Originally Posted by Inhert
well I didn't play for almost a month now ( I played 2 week which f<was the free days I got)

and today is the end of my subscription... this game is good, but I think it get fast too repetitive. Mission are a little to much alike. If they could have made at least the room design random when you create a mission (a little like PN03 where there's a set of room and they are put together randomly when doing mission) it could have made the game a little less repetitive. There the problem too that now I fall way back in level and all of you are now pretty advance, so it get a little boring ot play alone XD

but it still a good game that I enjoyed and may probably come back, when FFXI will again bore me and I'll need another mmorp XD
Did you even play when we got the huge update?

Oh and fyi people this thursday we will have an update. 4 new s rank quests

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Missing that one music track:
Fire Fight - Mission X // Frostbite

Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 12:48 PM #627 of 1372
So I busted my chops and amassed 250,000. I had to enough to go on a 5 star weapon buying spree. No one seems to make spears and I don't know why - the weapon is incredibly strong; Or maybe it's just selling way too fast for me to get any lol. Great Swords, Spears and Daggers are about all I use. I saw 2 Crea Sabers up for 50,000. If the %'s(14% and 12%) were just a little higher I would have bought them. I'm halfway to 50, which isn't bad considering I didn't play yesterday with 59,000tnl, and it only took 2 hours to get halfway today.

Can't wait for the update. I hope Overlord S is one of the 4. I have been unable to get in LL S games. Locked or full, etc.
Originally Posted by Duminas
Alright. Thanks for the tips, guys.

Now for a question regaurding my computer. It's a 1.87 GHz Athlon XP-M, 768 MB of PC2700 DDR, GeForce FX5500 as mentioned before. Winter Storm commented that a CPU upgrade would probably make the most difference here, but my question relates to what you guys are using?

Debating if I want to try hunting around for a Socket A CPU, which seem to be getting very rare, or splurge and upgrade to a 939 64-bit machine. Apologies for asking that here, but just trying to get the most performance I can. :P
Whoa there man(me and my big mouth). If you're running with atleast DECENT performance do not worry about it too much.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 03:54 PM #628 of 1372
If S rank Dragon isn't at least 30 MP, it's not worth it. >:{

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 06:13 PM #629 of 1372
Meh. The mission points will come. That's the best way to approach this awefully slow class leveling situation. Besides you can get close to that in DoT A or VoC. One of those have it over 20MP.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Dec 12, 2006, 06:56 PM #630 of 1372
Yeah, but the reason for Dragon Runs is that the mission is fast. Even on S Rank, I believe it'll be 8 minutes tops with a good team.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Aiden
FIRE

Member 16917

Level 1.00

Dec 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 11:18 PM #631 of 1372
I downloaded the game, but by torrent. Is there any possible way i can play the game online? Since I downloaded it off a torrent website it dident come with a sega ID or password. Do any of you know what I can do?

FELIPE NO
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Dec 13, 2006, 11:46 PM Local time: Dec 13, 2006, 10:46 PM #632 of 1372
The game didn't come with one anyway, all you have to do is make one at the website and start paying...

How ya doing, buddy?
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:20 AM #633 of 1372
5 new S Rank missions came up today.

Valley of Carnage
System Defense
Mizuraki Defense Conservation District
Demons Above
Mad Creatures

I tried Valley of Carnage and its fucking evil to hunters and any other melee type alike.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 06:22 PM #634 of 1372
They do Megid there too?

Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 08:57 PM #635 of 1372
So far I haven't heard of any megid news but the damage inflicted there is HIGH.

It doesn't help too much when you're a newman figunner XD

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 09:24 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 06:24 PM #636 of 1372
Apprently Mad creatures S is easy to solo, so I suggest people to do that mission instead.

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 10:11 PM #637 of 1372
Originally Posted by Kairi Li
Apprently Mad creatures S is easy to solo, so I suggest people to do that mission instead.
I think that also depends on your type

Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 15, 2006, 10:19 PM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 09:19 PM #638 of 1372
Not to be negative or anything, but what's motivating people to keep playing this game? Honestly, I got bored within the first week, and my account expires tomarrow. Everytime I log on theres nothing to do but hack & slash your way through the same repetative levels. Maybe its because I only played Force that the game felt so boring.. Is Sega actually updating stuff like they promised?

I loved the original PSO games for Dreamcast, played them for days on end but PSU just doesn't have that kind of impact. :/

How ya doing, buddy?
Para
Style & Sexy

Member 889

Level 18.77

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 12:28 AM #639 of 1372
Well if you haven't been around since the first week, you should know that a new planet has opened up, 8 different kinds of missions are now available, 7 new S rank missions currently available, new expert type classes available, new A-rank weapons available, new items available, new room decorations available etc.

And yes SEGA has been keeping their promise about updates so far.

FELIPE NO

Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 01:06 AM Local time: Dec 15, 2006, 10:06 PM #640 of 1372
Sega made a bad mistake by not making more updates in the first few weeks, but now it has became alot more fun with new weapons, expert classes, S rank missions and later on you can get PA fragments from S rank missions to get higer technics and PAs like Tornado Dance or Megid ( And you need 99 for these two hard to get ones). If people maxed our their lvls, which has gone to lvl 60, then they are working hard to get better or rare weapons, PA fragments which they will need in a later update, or working on their expert classes, which are a BITCH to level, cause it takes a long time. We have alot more to do now that before, and the story mission and its upcoming chapters allows more than just hack and slash, a story that has alot of twist unfolding, I mean god, Ethan Waber
Spoiler:
is a wanted man for trying to assissinate the president! And you have to fight against him in the first chapter!

You should give it a shot before your account expires. This game had a slow start, but its getting better and better. Its not WoW, but its content has gone up a notch since December.

I missed partying with ya Guest, come and join us for a few runs sometime. Whats the difference between PSO and PSU that you found dull?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :

Last edited by Kairi Li; Dec 16, 2006 at 01:13 AM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 01:12 AM #641 of 1372
well now I'm a little short on money after the ps3 and christmas gift XD I know 10$ is not a lot but I kind of have a lot of thing that take my money away lately XD

anyway there will probably some time that FFXi will again bore me and I'll probably look back at PSU to entertain me in those time ^^

Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 06:20 AM #642 of 1372
Originally Posted by Guest
Not to be negative or anything, but what's motivating people to keep playing this game? Honestly, I got bored within the first week, and my account expires tomarrow. Everytime I log on theres nothing to do but hack & slash your way through the same repetative levels. Maybe its because I only played Force that the game felt so boring.. Is Sega actually updating stuff like they promised?

I loved the original PSO games for Dreamcast, played them for days on end but PSU just doesn't have that kind of impact. :/
PSU is no different than WoW and WoW has way more players. PSU as far as hacking and slashing is concerned is no different than FFXI(which has the absolute WORST online community in history).

I've been through this far too much with players at PSOW(but I can be nice about it here because everyone here is'nt a walking asshole). Ok you don't like the game, you stopped playing it. What's wrong now??? People bash the game so bad but to me they must still show some interest in playing it. And the negativity is'nt going to make others quit the game.

What motivates me to play the game is absolute freedom. I spent 5 years in PSO total, and 3 on PSOGC. In that time I've had every nasty thing happen to me aside from ck, vk(vmu kill), and FSOD-X. When all of my friends quit the game over cheating, I was alone, surrounded by all these rude players. Eventually, not even getting lvl200 myself, I stopped playing PSO all together. PSO was fun, but always playing in fear of being NOL'ed, FSOD'ED? Hiding in locked games?? That killed the fun!

PSU freed a lot of people from those fears. Other than shop fucking up that's been going around, people can join games without worry. People can chat in lobbies again without worrying about some assbackwards fool resetting the the lobbies! If that isn't enough motivation then I don't know what is.

Most amazing jew boots
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 07:41 AM #643 of 1372
It this point there is no way in hell that PSO was more fun than PSU at its current state. There is SO much more to do and more coming on the horizon!

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:07 AM #644 of 1372
PSU is just a little more obvious about the grind. In PSO, you grinded the same 4 sets of levels over and over in hopes that a rare would drop (that'd you actually pick up). In PSU, there's much more variety, and instead you grind to get materials to make said rares. In some cases you still have to find the boards or the rarer materials, but it's not as bad, and with PC shops you can buy them oftentimes, which was never an option in PSO.

The one thing I will give PSO is that I liked the level design better in PSO. The level design in PSU is sorta boring.

Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 12:02 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 11:02 AM #645 of 1372
Well, I'm not bashing the game, just wanted to know whats keeping people playing. Frankly it wasn't the game I've been looking forward to for the past 5 years (Since PSO DC). I signed on last night before I went to sleep, the Christmas decorations brought back alot of memories. And they finally had a mission in the Gaurdians HQ! That brought back alot of memories too, and it made me have second thoughts about leaving. I think I'll spend most of the day playing PSU, or at least until my time expires. Too bad my main character is only 24. ._.

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 04:16 PM #646 of 1372
If you're still on, where you at so I can exchange cards with you.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Jujubee
Good Chocobo

Member 416

Level 16.09

Mar 2006

Old Dec 16, 2006, 04:39 PM Local time: Dec 16, 2006, 03:39 PM #647 of 1372
I logged off like 10 minutes after posting that.. I'd get back on now but I'm drop dead tired and need to take a nap. -.-

My account expires today anyway.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 01:41 AM #648 of 1372
You know if you chose the one month payment option, it's a recurring bill, right?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
DarkMageOzzie
Chief Strategist

Member 4144

Level 22.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 02:40 AM #649 of 1372
Hey Daravon, if you were wondering why someone came in your room and sent you their partner card while you were AFK. That was me. Just letting you know.

"Out thought and out fought."
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 17, 2006, 11:50 AM #650 of 1372
*went in his room to do the same thing yesterday and got overcome with shyness and hauled ass >_>;;;;;;;;;*

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Phantasy Star Universe