Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Heroes
Closed Thread

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 08:37 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 01:37 AM #601 of 826
Talk about a cliff hanger

Spoiler:
Im guessing Hiro teleported himself into the future, because his current path wont lead to saving new york. He has to find a new way of saving everyone.

So now we know Jessica doesnt have complete control over Nikki any more.

Why did Sylar keep Mohinder alive?? I think we should be in for an epic battle, Mohinder is the fly on wall lol with front row seats.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Xbox360 Desktop Wallpapers | My DeviantART | XboxLive Gamertag: Don Barracuda

Last edited by The Furious One; Mar 5, 2007 at 08:40 PM.
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 09:41 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 08:41 PM #602 of 826
I guess episode 18 will leave us hanging for a while.

One of the director's blog says that there won't be a new episode until after a 5 week hiatus.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 10:05 PM #603 of 826
Argh! Why must they keep going on practically 1+ long breaks between episodes! That shit drives me crazy!

Otherwise, great episode tonight. It set the stage beautifully.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 11:50 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 10:50 PM #604 of 826
HOLY CRAP SO MANY LOOSE ENDS AND THE MONTH AND A HALF HIATUS IS GOING TO KILL ME!!!!

Seriously, my friend and I emitted gut-wrenching cries from deep within our souls when it said we had to wait until April 23rd for the next episode. Plus I have a final that day, I think. Good luck focusing. >.>

Good catch on Peter's scar - I hadn't noticed that. Many thoughts percolating in my head, not enough to want to write out right now. My opinion would just change a few hours later.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:31 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 11:31 PM #605 of 826
How many episodes has Hiro spent looking for that damn sword by now, 5? That was getting truly ridiculous. All the other plot arcs are still humming right along. Five weeks is too long to wait. Heck, that's so long that Lost might actually find a plot by the time the next Heroes episode airs.

As in every single episode, major bombs were drop in this one. And new questions arose...

I was speaking idiomatically.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 01:12 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 11:12 PM #606 of 826
Peter cant die. If Sylar were to steal Peter's powers he would become invincible. Even if you had a hero who could beat Sylar the guy would just absorb the hero's ability and kill him.

I expect there to be a fight between them, or atleast Peter giving Sylar more resistance than he's use to. Peter will recieve his scar and probably escape.. since I doubt Sylar will be killed off.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Stuff goes here~
HonestLie
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 7911

Level 2.97

Jun 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 02:26 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 11:26 PM #607 of 826
Watching Sylar is disturbing for me... He creeps me out to the extent that I have to run out of the room when he shows up on screen. I don't believe I felt this way about any other character before... I'm creeped out T.T

FELIPE NO
Tama8-chan
Good Chocobo

Member 952

Level 16.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 04:17 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 08:17 PM #608 of 826
Are you SERIOUS?

A month and a half until Episode 19 comes out?!?!
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, it was good to see Ando back though. I love the whole hero/sidekick relationship they have, but it's not a really domineering one either. They both depend on each other, and I just had a huge smile on my face when Ando showed up to save Hiro =D
He's a lot more resourceful than I thought!

And when Future Hiro mentioned Peter's scar, I wouldn't have thought it was made by Sylar's skull-cutting. I always imagined one of those long ones that goes down through his eye or something badass like that.
Ah well.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
www.Pietriots.com
Click to receive beer

BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 04:23 AM #609 of 826
The reason the new episodes won't resume is due to May sweeps. Expect new episodes throughout the month of May.

Show has been spectacular so far, and I'm on pins and needles for the next episode.

Spoiler:

I'm interested to see where Linderman goes with his proposition with Nathan. I'd like to know the extent of his knowledge of all the heros, as well as the why.

parKbench
chunin

Member 17747

Level 13.94

Jan 2007

Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:30 AM #610 of 826
Peter cant die. If Sylar were to steal Peter's powers he would become invincible. Even if you had a hero who could beat Sylar the guy would just absorb the hero's ability and kill him.

I expect there to be a fight between them, or atleast Peter giving Sylar more resistance than he's use to. Peter will recieve his scar and probably escape.. since I doubt Sylar will be killed off.
I think Sylar will have to die. He will just get too powerful for anyone to fight sooner or later. I don't see how Peter will be able to stay in the series, either. Once he really learns his power, he will just be too powerful, also.

A month and a half until the next ep. This reminds me why I HATE network TV. May sweeps? Why can't it be March sweeps? What is so great about the month of May?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by parKbench; Mar 7, 2007 at 07:37 AM.
The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 07:36 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 12:36 PM #611 of 826
I think Sylar will have to die. He will just get too powerful for anyone to fight sooner or later. I don't see how Peter will be able to stay in the series, either. Once he really learns his power, he will just be too powerful, also.
LOL as soon as I read that the image of White Power Ranger popped into my head

If you havent already seen it, watch Z E R O E S

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:24 AM #612 of 826
How many episodes has Hiro spent looking for that damn sword by now, 5? That was getting truly ridiculous. All the other plot arcs are still humming right along.
I agree, it really was getting tiring watching Hiro continuously say "I need to find sword!" and only seeming to inch closer to it. Maybe now he and Ando can do something more interesting now that he's found it, like go and face off against that dinosaur.

I hope they bring Hana "Wireless" Gittelman(sp?) back into the final episodes properly. I love her ability to intercept information, and use it to bring her closer to finding out what "The Company" is really doing.

So far Peter's vision still isn't jiving with what appears to be happening in the show. In his vision he saw Issac and Simone, yet Simone is (still) dead, and didn't Issac paint his own death at the end of this episode?

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:26 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 11:26 AM #613 of 826
I hope they bring Hana "Wireless" Gittelman(sp?) back into the final episodes properly. I love her ability to intercept information, and use it to bring her closer to finding out what "The Company" is really doing.
In the latest comic right after the incideny with Ted almost blowing up the neighborhood, Mr. Bennet contacted Hana and told her that he's switching sides and he needs her help to put down the company. She accepted.

I'm wondering if this hiatus will feature more Hana comics as it did last time. Her appearance on the show was a little abrupt, so I also hope that she's given a proper introduction to show her background, internal struggles, and what her goals are. Right now her character is just flat.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Lene
Shameless Fangirl

Member 364

Level 4.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 04:10 PM #614 of 826
Yesterday's episode was kickass!

I heard the Canadian broadcast got the Japanese intro, so I was expecting that and didn't get it! Come on show, you've never shied away from the language barrier before.

Major, major props to the actors who play Sylar and Mohinder. Their scenes were the highlight of the show. Frankly, this episode could have been the Sylar and Mohinder show (guest starring Peter) and I would not have missed anyone much. With that said, I must have watched these scenes at least four times. Still awesome.

Episode 18 stuff:
When Sylar was taunting Mohinder about his father and leaning into the gun, like he was daring Mohinder to shoot him, but knowing that Mohinder wasn't going to pull the trigger? Wow!

Then making me (and from the looks of it, Mohinder) almost buy into his "Give me salvation" plea before erupting with "GIVE ME THE DAMN LIST SO I CAN SINK MY TEETH IN! *cries*"

Oh and the line before he let himself free...about Sylar not begging for his life, but offering Mohinder his. Wow, perfect. Mohinder held himself together pretty well because Sylar had the creepy notch turned to 10 there. I also liked the line reversal and the actor's delivery of "You might do some good before you die."

The only way the could have made me happier and even more creeped out is if they showed what happened to Mohinder before Peter came knocking. Which I'm not totally counting out, cause the show has backtracked and shown what we hadn't seen before.

Moving on to something else:

preview spoilers:
I could barely register the preview they showed, but was that Claire with brown hair? If so, it's not a bad change, she is totally rocking the brunette look.

EDIT: Yep it's her.

She looks SO much more mature like this.

Oh and...
Spoilers Regarding Episode 20:
I heard that Episode 20 is going to be set in the future. Which I can't wait for, I almost wish they would have made that Episode 19, but with all the cliffhangers left by 18, I don't think people would appreciate the payoff being delayed an episode, especially since APRIL 23rd?! Blah! I want to see badass!Hiro!

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 06:03 PM #615 of 826
In the latest comic right after the incideny with Ted almost blowing up the neighborhood, Mr. Bennet contacted Hana and told her that he's switching sides and he needs her help to put down the company. She accepted.

I'm wondering if this hiatus will feature more Hana comics as it did last time. Her appearance on the show was a little abrupt, so I also hope that she's given a proper introduction to show her background, internal struggles, and what her goals are. Right now her character is just flat.
Yep I just read that comic before coming here again (the newest comic isn't up there when I get up in mornings), and that is KICKASS. It's like having a wish granted!

True, most of Hana's character has been fleshed out in the comics rather than the show, and that's really a pity as I'd like to see her in the show more often. I doubt they have the budget to do a special effect similar to what it shows in the comics where she sees the information floating around her, but still, it was cool just seeing her IM Ted a couple of episodes back.

FELIPE NO

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 06:38 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 05:38 PM #616 of 826
Parasite:

Can anyone translate the French dialog in this episode? It's probably not important, but I wish they added subs.

I also liked the little detail of the phone call from the kennel had a different ringer the 2nd time around. The real kennel had a dog barking song as the ringer.

And from Company Man, wouldn't everyone need one of those candies that Audrey gave Matt to counteract the radiation? I thought they'd need to quarantine the whole area too or something.

I wonder if Claire's grandma has any powers.

cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 06:50 PM #617 of 826
I would need the vid to translate that. I don't remember the exact sentence, but anyway it's nothing that seems really important to the story.

EDIT:

I just found that on NBC's forums:

Spoiler:
Mrs.Petrelli: And at least now she'll be safe, and no thanks to you.

Haitian: Listen, I did all that I could, but she ended up finding her own path

I don't know if it's right as I don't know the exact thing they said (and Mrs.Petrelli was talking in french too? She doesn't speak well, I didn't understand a single word she said)

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=737028

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------

Last edited by cubed; Mar 6, 2007 at 07:19 PM.
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 08:44 PM #618 of 826
yes I saw the episode and that's what they said(or something like that), I was a little surprise at first XD you can clearly see that Mrs.Petrelli doesn't speak well french but the Haitian seem that french might be his first language because he speak it pretty well. (with the french accent from Europe)

Most amazing jew boots
quazi
I apologize for nothing!

Member 353

Level 15.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:28 PM #619 of 826
Well the actor is Haitian and the native language of Haiti is french, not a huge leap to imagine him speaking with a good accent.

Most amazing jew boots

"Oh sirrah"
-Hedonism Bot
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:47 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 11:47 PM #620 of 826
So despite the fact that I love this show, I felt like Ted's involvement thus far was kind of a cop out. I mean, he seems like such a pivotal character, and then they pull a bait and switch and Peter has everybody's powers and becomes dangerous basically for unspecified reasons. =/

Plus, it occurred to me after the Company Man episode that Ted isn't just a firestarter, but a radiation-emitter, and if the show is based around genetic differences-- mutations in the genome-- then I thought it might alter Claire or Matt's abilities for the worse. Then it turns out they get out not much the worse for wear.

I mean, sure, you can quote "suspension of disbelief" at me, but the show asks you to accept certain things as givens and then refuses to play by its own rules, so it was just an aspect about the plot so far I found annoying.

Last edited by Skexis; Mar 6, 2007 at 11:53 PM.
Menzoberranzan
Chocobo

Member 1470

Level 12.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 01:40 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 04:40 PM #621 of 826
The thing about Heroes is that you're always craving for the next episode. I for one am quite pissed at the little break but I know the show is worth it.

What I am a bit confused is, why have a break after the 18th episode? I take it there are like 4 more episodes for this first season, why break now then break after the end of Season 1?

UNLESS THEY ARE NOT GOING ON A SEASON 1 -> 2 BREAK. But I doubt that.

Hope Peter does something fancy, I would be downright disappointed if he did didly squat.

How ya doing, buddy?

Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 02:14 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 02:14 AM #622 of 826
Well let's take what we know about the two people er...not really facing off but you know, meeting at the end of the episode.

Sylar: he's driven by one thing, and that is to aquire as many powers as he can from other people. He is doing this because he believes that he, and only he, is meant to achive a higher evolution based on the initial power he was given. This makes him a very dangerous person...he is focused, he is smart, and he doesn't fuck around with getting what he wants. For the most part he's calm and collected unless trapped, then he starts to break down, lose control it seems befor regaining it all back.

Peter: He doens't want to hurt anyone, but as of late, it seems that everyone is wanting to make sure he doesn't blow up New York...that's understandable, but yet he believes he has the power to do this on his own, that he can control and change the future. He cares about people, and that is what leads me to believe that his desire to help others will, eventually over power Sylar's desire for control. However, remember that Peter has an angry side too...a dark side that seems to give him focus, much like Sylar.

My prediction, well...I'll put it in spoilers:

Spoiler:
Peter's body is going to start healing fast...he knows he can heal and yet Sylar maybe does not know that he can heal. Therein lies where teh scar comes from. Sylar is gonna try numerous times to kill Peter, but his body will heal too fast.

Soon enough, Peter will get pissed off and that dark side of him is going to come out, and come out quick. It's not going to be a battle of fists, it's gonna be who can out telekinisis the other. Sylar has the upper hand here because of how much practice he has had with that ability...BUT...Peter also has several other abilities that he can use at his disposal, namely invisability which will play a big factor in the fight.

My guess is that it ends in a draw...yet Sylar takes Mohinder hostage to escape the apartment building.

The Furious One
Good Chocobo

Member 8296

Level 16.17

Jun 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 04:28 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 09:28 AM #623 of 826
I dont believe for a second that Sylar will kill Peter, its dramatic but all logic points to Peter living through this encounter.

I dont think Peter's invisability will do much good for him when Sylar has super hearing (unless mohinder starts whistling). But otherwise, i'm expecting the exact same turn of events.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by The Furious One; Mar 7, 2007 at 04:31 AM.
Jochie
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 466

Level 19.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 01:03 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 11:03 AM #624 of 826
So despite the fact that I love this show, I felt like Ted's involvement thus far was kind of a cop out. I mean, he seems like such a pivotal character, and then they pull a bait and switch and Peter has everybody's powers and becomes dangerous basically for unspecified reasons. =/

Plus, it occurred to me after the Company Man episode that Ted isn't just a firestarter, but a radiation-emitter, and if the show is based around genetic differences-- mutations in the genome-- then I thought it might alter Claire or Matt's abilities for the worse. Then it turns out they get out not much the worse for wear.

I mean, sure, you can quote "suspension of disbelief" at me, but the show asks you to accept certain things as givens and then refuses to play by its own rules, so it was just an aspect about the plot so far I found annoying.
I don't remember there being a part of the show where it was explained that their special powers came from radiation. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention, but I got the impression it was more like an in-born genetic mutation, like how some people are born blind or with webbed toes. Mind-reading cop guy keeps saying that Primatech made him that way, but was that really made clear? I thought they all had their genetic mutation from birth, and then it became active at some point in their lives. Did the show ever explain what causes their dormant powers to awaken?

As far as Ted and Peter being dangerous goes, that's not really a continuity problem. That's a twist that I think improved the story. Peter is sort of on a downward spiral towards evil because he believes that is his destiny, which is way more interesting than the radioactive guy being an angry radioactive guy.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to dislike certain developments in the story for whatever reason, but that doesn't mean the story doesn't hold together. I don't think this show has become LOST yet, but I could be wrong. Being wrong is one of my powers.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 02:16 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2007, 02:16 PM #625 of 826
I don't remember there being a part of the show where it was explained that their special powers came from radiation.
It's ingrained, but that doesn't change what radiation does to your DNA when you're exposed to it.

Quote:
As far as Ted and Peter being dangerous goes, that's not really a continuity problem. That's a twist that I think improved the story. Peter is sort of on a downward spiral towards evil because he believes that is his destiny, which is way more interesting than the radioactive guy being an angry radioactive guy.
I never said it was a continuity problem, but it's a creative decision that I didn't appreciate simply because Peter is being made into the kind of Superman for the show. I liked it better when it seemed like the Heroes would have to unite to defeat the forces of evil, more like a justice league approach.

Peter's uninteresting in general. That's my main problem with it. And personally I think a wild card like Ted (Who is interesting because after the death of his wife it's obvious HE is the one spiraling into evil) is a WHOLE lot more compelling as an antagonist for the show and a way to drive the action forward than predictable self-pity machine Pete.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Heroes