Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] PlayStation 3 Fan Noise. Annoyingly loud, ain't it?

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 03:21 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2008, 02:21 AM #601 of 836
More sales.

Amazon goldbox deals of the day and lightning deals are all PS3 games and/or accessories today.

Amazon.com Gold Box: New Deals. Every Day.

All day: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. 23 bucks. Not bad.

Other deals through the day.

1) Blazing Angels 2: Secret Weapons of World War 2
2) DON'T KNOW. Description is:
Quote:
Upcoming Video Games Deal
Shift smoothly and hug those curves!
Could be Ridge Racer 7? GRID? Hoping the rumour that's persisting that it's the Driving Force GT wheel will turn out true. Oh god please make that sub 100 bucks and I'm all over that shit. OR
3) Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
4) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
5) Devil May Cry 4
6) Haze

Some good shit in there (and some really bad) if you don't have it already. Totally thinking of biting on Ratchet and (hopefully) the wheel.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Aug 27, 2008 at 03:24 AM.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:17 AM Local time: Aug 27, 2008, 07:17 AM #602 of 836
Why can't they have Heavenly Sword on there for like 10 bucks or something. Racing wheel would be pretty bitchin though if it were cheap.

How ya doing, buddy?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:16 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2008, 11:16 AM #603 of 836
Ah, it IS the racing wheel, and it's only 90 bucks. Totally a fucking AWESOME price, and I'd buy it if it weren't YET ANOTHER ITEM offered that LOL CAN'T SHIP TO CANADA DURP DURP. The price of shipping the fucking thing twice and bouncing it off an America address defeats the purpose of any savings whatsoever. The second shipping and the incoming custom fees because of it's size and weight would be killer.

I'll have to look for one locally for a good price. Shit, that's too bad though. Wanted it BAD.

Most amazing jew boots
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 02:19 PM #604 of 836
Heh, the deal came at a good time! My brother bought a PS3 yesterday and I decided that I should AT LEAST get one PS3 game so I ordered Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction right when it went on sale. XD

The sale didn't last for a minute though. Two of my brother's friends wanted to get on the deal too and only one of them manage to get it. @_@

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 02:28 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2008, 01:28 PM #605 of 836
Oh man, good work. My clock must have been off by a minute or something, since I totally missed the deal by the time I got here. Ratchet went in under two minutes, it's insane. I wonder how many copies they ended up having.

Uncharted's up next, and I'd recommend your brother grab that at a good price too, if he's interested. It's a good, solid game.

How ya doing, buddy?
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 04:47 PM #606 of 836
I told him about it and said he'll think about it. But when the time for the deal to start amazon gold box deal page didn't show up anything. So we kind of missed the boat (well he didn't have too much interest in the game anyway so...).

Guess too many people refreshing the page and their server cannot handle it. lol

Most amazing jew boots
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 06:33 PM #607 of 836
same happen to me I tried to get uncharted but it never got through and then the page just didn't load anymore...

FELIPE NO
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:50 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2008, 08:50 PM #608 of 836
I was definitely gonna hop on Uncharted and DMC4 as well, but Uncharted was long gone by the time I got there (thanks a lot, school), and DMC4 disappeared just as I was checking out. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be on sale somewhere at another time.

Most amazing jew boots
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:10 PM Local time: Aug 27, 2008, 11:10 PM #609 of 836
Wow I haven't been on the forums in a while.

So I hop onto Warhawk for the first time in a long ass time, and update 1.50 pops up.

I download it, and BAM - it start's awarding me trophies from the stupid amount of time I played the game back in the day.

And that, kids, is the story of my first trophy ever.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2008, 01:04 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2008, 12:04 AM #610 of 836
I forgot the Warhawk patch came out today. I doubt I've actually played enough to have trophies already though. I like the game, I just don't play it that often, especially since a lot of the people who do are fucktards (and people wonder why everyone doesn't use headsets when playing online). I do want to try to get into it more, though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2008, 01:35 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2008, 06:35 AM #611 of 836
I was thinking about picking up the newest expansions bundle, but when I logged in last night it hadn't appeared on the store yet. Might see if it's on there tonight when I get back from work.

Like Rock I doubt I've done anything to earn any trophies yet, unless there's ones for dying lots.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2008, 02:15 AM Local time: Aug 28, 2008, 01:15 AM #612 of 836
You'd be surprised, if the list is any indication, some of them are impossible NOT to get.

Warhawk Trophies

Power was out most of today, will have to put some time into this when I get the chance.

How ya doing, buddy?
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Aug 28, 2008, 01:09 PM Local time: Aug 28, 2008, 01:09 PM #613 of 836
The newest expansion (which isn't supposed to come out until later today when the PSN store updates) is one of the reasons I want to get back into the game. Flying around in jet-packs adds a whole new element to the gameplay and pretty much breathes new life into the game again.

I read somewhere that you can get all 3 Warhawk expansion packs for $14.99, in case anyone's looking to get into the game and save some money.

How ya doing, buddy?
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Aug 30, 2008, 02:36 PM #614 of 836
I went to update my Warhawk and my PS3s video completely wigged out. Sony customer support told me to try different wires but, I have an odd feeling that won't solve anything.

Here's some video I took, because I have no idea how to explain this:

YouTube Video

This one is a little bit more typical:
YouTube Video

Sony told me to reset the video settings which is why its 480i in the videos, and it worked the first time I did it for a little while: by the time I got to the video settings and changing my output to component cables, it was done again.

edit//
I removed the disc, cleaned it, set my video to component. All ok. Then I booted up. Ok, seems to be working. Reinserted Warhawk, managed to update. Ok. It froze again while trying to book the game after the Playstation 3 screen.

After it froze, I tried to boot with the game disk in and it instantly froze again.

Boot with no game disc: Works fine again. Inserted Soul Calibur IV: No go. It froze on the "Update Found" screen, but no graphical mess. Trying to boot it now and I'm getting no signal from the console at all for two tries.

Got video to work with Soul Calibur IV disc inserted. It boots, after 3 seconds the video starts to fail again.

It's also been powered off for a few hours which may be why it started working again. This wouldn't make sense as disc-based boots seem to fail, but boots where the drive is empty booted ok... except...

Removed Soul Calibur IV to try another empty boot. I wanted to test downloaded games. Instant fail. I looked up from typing this and it was flickering already. Tried again, managed to get to The Last Guy but it instantly started flickering and failed. Powering it off for a while until I get more ideas. I'm baffled.

It's easy to assume perhaps the system overheated, however I keep it on standby so it shouldn't get that hot. Furthermore, my dorm has A/C on and the PS3 is next to an open window which almost always has a breeze. It shouldn't have overheated. Even during these tests, the amount of heat that the system emitted is fairly normal, if not cool. My Macbook Pro gets a LOT hotter.

edit2//
Tried my Wii, also hooked up on my other set of Component ports, absolutely no problems. Then I got the idea to switch the component ports the Wii and PS3 were using to see if maybe they were faulty. Not the case. Booted it up and the time I had it powered off gave me enough time to boot The Last Guy (The last game I bought and played, Thursday night). It got to The Last Guy main screen before it froze. No real graphical problems this time except you could see pixels that froze (turned white). I took video but I might not bother posting it since I'm sure people get the point.

Need to find a way to test the cables.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by UltimaIchijouji; Aug 30, 2008 at 04:09 PM.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Aug 30, 2008, 06:07 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2008, 02:07 AM #615 of 836
I'd start copying my saves to a memory stick if I were you.

If the US has any kind of system similar to ours, your machine is off to testing and replacement if it does the same thing there.

FELIPE NO

Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Aug 31, 2008, 05:51 AM Local time: Aug 31, 2008, 11:51 AM #616 of 836
Hey guys, it's me! I need some support! I downloaded the Super Stardust HD Team Pack add-on the other day and well, it just doesn't work at all (?)
I would assume the problem is that I got the original game from the US PSN store and the add-on from the European PSN store.

You guys know anything about that? Thanks in advance!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:00 AM Local time: Aug 31, 2008, 05:00 PM #617 of 836
Add-ons are region-specific.

How ya doing, buddy?
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2008, 03:56 PM #618 of 836
I went to update my Warhawk and my PS3s video completely wigged out. Sony customer support told me to try different wires but, I have an odd feeling that won't solve anything.

Here's some video I took, because I have no idea how to explain this:

YouTube Video

This one is a little bit more typical:
YouTube Video

Sony told me to reset the video settings which is why its 480i in the videos, and it worked the first time I did it for a little while: by the time I got to the video settings and changing my output to component cables, it was done again.

edit//
I removed the disc, cleaned it, set my video to component. All ok. Then I booted up. Ok, seems to be working. Reinserted Warhawk, managed to update. Ok. It froze again while trying to book the game after the Playstation 3 screen.

After it froze, I tried to boot with the game disk in and it instantly froze again.

Boot with no game disc: Works fine again. Inserted Soul Calibur IV: No go. It froze on the "Update Found" screen, but no graphical mess. Trying to boot it now and I'm getting no signal from the console at all for two tries.

Got video to work with Soul Calibur IV disc inserted. It boots, after 3 seconds the video starts to fail again.

It's also been powered off for a few hours which may be why it started working again. This wouldn't make sense as disc-based boots seem to fail, but boots where the drive is empty booted ok... except...

Removed Soul Calibur IV to try another empty boot. I wanted to test downloaded games. Instant fail. I looked up from typing this and it was flickering already. Tried again, managed to get to The Last Guy but it instantly started flickering and failed. Powering it off for a while until I get more ideas. I'm baffled.

It's easy to assume perhaps the system overheated, however I keep it on standby so it shouldn't get that hot. Furthermore, my dorm has A/C on and the PS3 is next to an open window which almost always has a breeze. It shouldn't have overheated. Even during these tests, the amount of heat that the system emitted is fairly normal, if not cool. My Macbook Pro gets a LOT hotter.

edit2//
Tried my Wii, also hooked up on my other set of Component ports, absolutely no problems. Then I got the idea to switch the component ports the Wii and PS3 were using to see if maybe they were faulty. Not the case. Booted it up and the time I had it powered off gave me enough time to boot The Last Guy (The last game I bought and played, Thursday night). It got to The Last Guy main screen before it froze. No real graphical problems this time except you could see pixels that froze (turned white). I took video but I might not bother posting it since I'm sure people get the point.

Need to find a way to test the cables.
Tested the cables. Did not work. This unit is pretty much dead.

edit//Called Sony. Repairs are $150 and I am guaranteed another 60GB console. Let's see if this works.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by UltimaIchijouji; Sep 1, 2008 at 05:15 PM.
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:49 AM Local time: Sep 5, 2008, 11:49 AM #619 of 836
So did anybody preorder SOCOM...? Word on the street is that the beta begins tonight at midnight-ish.

I also heard that whoever preordered can invite a couple of other people into the beta...

(ANYBODY WANT TO INVITE ME ?)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:03 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2008, 05:03 PM #620 of 836
So did anybody preorder SOCOM...? Word on the street is that the beta begins tonight at midnight-ish.
Here in the UK they were offering codes for the beta through EuroGamer, and I managed to snap one up. Downloading it as we speak.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:14 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2008, 07:14 PM #621 of 836
I have two extra promotional codes for the SOCOM beta, if anyone wants one, PM me.

edit: both gone, buddies!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of

Last edited by Aardark; Sep 5, 2008 at 03:11 PM.
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2008, 12:30 AM #622 of 836
My brother did and he got his code, downloaded the beta and waited in the lobby for about 20 minutes to finally hear someone said that the game won't start until the current round is over (which took about another 10 minutes). Round finish, game about to start, then got disconnected. Tried connecting again but says something about failed to initialized network. My brother then gave up playing tonight. Hopefully it will be stable/fix by tomorrow.

I also heard that whoever preordered can invite a couple of other people into the beta...

(ANYBODY WANT TO INVITE ME ?)
Sorry, code is all used up.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2008, 05:11 AM Local time: Sep 6, 2008, 10:11 AM #623 of 836
Tried connecting again but says something about failed to initialized network.
That was happening a lot by the sounds of it. Happened to me, Skills and DE last night when trying. I tried a couple of times and then gave up. Hopefully, as you say, it will have settled down today, but who knows. Unless they get it sorted sharpish it doesn't make a great impression.

Most amazing jew boots
DesertEase
Carob Nut

Member 5573

Level 5.90

Apr 2006

Old Sep 6, 2008, 12:33 PM #624 of 836
Had it working earlier this morning, but now its failing again. Apparently their servers are getting hammered hard and fast.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:47 AM #625 of 836
Well, due to snagging some mean discounts, I ordered myself a PS3 today. (Ended up being $250, which I'm splitting with one of my roommates). It should be put to good use since the apartment has a netflix account that can rent Blu-Rays, and now I'll have something for when Valkyria Chronicles rolls around in November.

I laughed when I saw Sony HDMI cables for $60. First thing I did was go to Amazon and saw a 6 foot one for less than $2, so that's taken care of, too. All that's left is to wait for it to ship.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Taco; Sep 8, 2008 at 01:01 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] PlayStation 3 Fan Noise. Annoyingly loud, ain't it?