Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 07:07 PM #601 of 3609
Yeah, but I guess he forgot that they said he would be the centerpiece of ECW. The only thing that made that hit a speed bumb was his injuries and physical health recently. Plus, I hear the way he went about it made him come off as a complete jackass. Of course that doesn't mean this is true. It's all a big what if, but when you look at Angle (who was supposed to be the "centerpiece" of the "new" ECW) you should be seeing a locker room leader also. Getting heat backstage is the exact way to do the opposite of what a locker room leader is supposed to do.

Now this can of course also be a total BS story. Maybe it was blown out of proportion. Even the biggest in wrestling news sites have been known to make things sound a lot more dramatic than they really are, but I really hope that these rumors aren't true. I like Kurt as a preformer a lot. (can't say much for him as a person since I don't know him personally) I really hated to see what the guy was putting himself through. Being someone with at least some wrestling experience, it hurts, and it hurts A DAMN lot!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 29, 2006, 07:11 PM Local time: Aug 29, 2006, 07:11 PM #602 of 3609
It's hard to be a locker room leader when Vince McMahon calls all the shots. Even if the story is true, there would be feasible reasoning behind it. He could have pushed to remain on RAW and chase after Edge (which would have been 200% better) but instead did not care about going into what could have bombed in the end.

True or not, he wouldn't lose my respect.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:46 AM #603 of 3609
IF Cena goes to smackdown, we could see the fued between him and Batista finally come to light but after Batista has regained the title.
Originally Posted by Kostaki
Big Show doesn't even belong on the ECW roster. ECW never needed big giant guys to get over in their promotion, they needed guys like the old roster had that were smaller but could go the distance in matches. Angle fits that bill perfectly, but Big Show is ECW Champion. Why? Valid question.
It is not about the promotion I think. Three brands, three world titles. Makes it easy to push the people who complain about not being pushed for titles.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 10:18 AM #604 of 3609
Big Show doesn't even belong on the ECW roster. ECW never needed big giant guys to get over in their promotion, they needed guys like the old roster had that were smaller but could go the distance in matches. Angle fits that bill perfectly, but Big Show is ECW Champion. Why? Valid question.

I love how everyone keeps ragging on the Big Show. The man has done nothing but bleed since becoming ECW Champion, and has only had one really bad match and that was with ringrusted Batistia who was really only made because Triple H carried his ass anyway. You act like The Big Show killed your unborn child, do you expect this guy to perform like Bret Hart or Kurt Angle? He's over 500 pounds sometimes you have to work with what you got. You act like you expect him to do a hurricarana or something.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 04:30 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 06:30 PM #605 of 3609
I might be out of place, but anyways.... I used to watch WWF like 10 years ago and lost contact since i didn't have the channel that transmit it anymore.

It's been a long time and i started watching it again. My question is: What the hell happened to Steve Austin, Farooq and all those ones...I watched it the other day and recognized only a few (Mick Fooley and i think i saw Shawn Michaels)....

I'm really outdated and I hope someone can give me just breef background history...

Man, that Steve Austin was so popular back then, I wonder what happened...

I was speaking idiomatically.

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Mortuary
Syklis Green

Member 10985

Level 8.35

Aug 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 05:02 PM #606 of 3609
Most of the stars you watched back in the days are retired now. Austin had bad knees so it didn't help his career. Faarooq has been retired for quite a while now. His teammate, Bradshaw, is doing commentary on Smackdown right now.

The only superstars remaining from about 10 years ago are : Ric Flair, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Mick Foley and that's about it. Maybe Edge and Kane were there too when you watched the show back then.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dizzy
The Latin Cockroach

Member 729

Level 16.74

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 05:08 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 07:08 PM #607 of 3609
Yeah, I remember Kane, but he had some sort of mask or something. Shame that Austin had left though, i find the "new" wrestlers to have lack of carisma. Maybe I need to watch it more.

FELIPE NO

| XBL: Dizzy4U | PSN: Dizzy4U |
| GFF ¡En Español! | My YouTube |
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 06:48 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 06:48 PM #608 of 3609
Originally Posted by CapturedPenguin
I love how everyone keeps ragging on the Big Show. The man has done nothing but bleed since becoming ECW Champion, and has only had one really bad match and that was with ringrusted Batistia who was really only made because Triple H carried his ass anyway. You act like The Big Show killed your unborn child, do you expect this guy to perform like Bret Hart or Kurt Angle? He's over 500 pounds sometimes you have to work with what you got. You act like you expect him to do a hurricarana or something.
I expect people under the ECW banner to behave as ECW wrestlers. ANY wrestler can sit there and blade, hell Ric Flair does it all the time. The bottom line is, ECW as a whole was never built upon having larger guys in their roster. To answer your question, yes, I fully expect him to act like an ECW wrestler. You cannot expect to work the same WWE style in an ECW ring and then be taken seriously as the ECW champion. There are tons of other people more worthy to be holding that title (Y HELO THAR CHRIS BENOIT) than the Big Show is.

I expect him to do shit that he would normally never do because he is in ECW now. He used to be able to do a moonsault back in his WCW glory days, among other things. If you want to change promotions, you adapt to the new promotion's style unless you want to concede that ECW is nothing more than WWE2 now.

*also bigger wrestlers in the WWE have been known to kill unborn children refer to gene snitsky thx

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
CapturedPenguin
Spidey Sense

Member 40

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 07:10 PM #609 of 3609
I expect people under the ECW banner to behave as ECW wrestlers. ANY wrestler can sit there and blade, hell Ric Flair does it all the time. The bottom line is, ECW as a whole was never built upon having larger guys in their roster.
The thing is, this isn't ECW. This isn't a new promotion. This is WWE's third brand. This is WWECW. Just because the old ECW was never built around a large guy, who says it's wrong to do it now. You're acting like they put the belt around The Great Khali, Chris Masters, or hell Test. Show's been showing his best work in years since being given the push.

To answer your question, yes, I fully expect him to act like an ECW wrestler. You cannot expect to work the same WWE style in an ECW ring and then be taken seriously as the ECW champion. There are tons of other people more worthy to be holding that title (Y HELO THAR CHRIS BENOIT) than the Big Show is.

I expect him to do shit that he would normally never do because he is in ECW now. He used to be able to do a moonsault back in his WCW glory days, among other things. If you want to change promotions, you adapt to the new promotion's style unless you want to concede that ECW is nothing more than WWE2 now.
I'm really not defending the fact this is "ECW" and not "WWE2" as you put it. This is indeed WWECW, what I'm trying to get across is that Show has stepped up. He has taken the beatings, yet you still have no respect for him other then "Well, other people could do it better."

*also bigger wrestlers in the WWE have been known to kill unborn children refer to gene snitsky thx
hrhr, it was his fault. Now Snitsky's someone who wouldn't be worthy of the ECW/WWECW title.

How ya doing, buddy?

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 07:41 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 07:41 PM #610 of 3609
The problem is that the WWE is seriously pushing ECW to be it's own brand and has for the most part, attempted to retain the look and feel of the older ECW. Where the issue begins is that they're using WWE stars who never really had anything to do with "ECW" as a whole to accomplish this. Not only that, they're using people who really don't fit the ECW style. Thus, I have a problem with the Big Show even being on the roster, much less the ECW champion.

It isn't about who can do it better, it's about who can do it to give the promotion an extra push that has had ECW ties before. Chris Benoit is an ECW alumni, fits the ECW style by definition, and could have great matches with some of ECW's finest. Big Show on the other hand, will use the same WWE big man style of boots and chokeslams with a weapon or two, but call it hardcore like it was ECW.

All I'm saying is, they're seriously trying to push ECW as a separate brand instead of a third brand. To that effect, they need to make the ends justify the means.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mortuary
Syklis Green

Member 10985

Level 8.35

Aug 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 08:30 PM #611 of 3609
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Yeah, I remember Kane, but he had some sort of mask or something. Shame that Austin had left though, i find the "new" wrestlers to have lack of carisma. Maybe I need to watch it more.
No you don't even need to watch it more. You are absolutely right on the fact that nobody has charisma these days. Actually, there's some people that do but they are not pushing them at all. A guy like Rob Conway, who I think, has charisma (The general crowd does not seem to agree with me there) doesn't get any push. In fact, he is enduring the worst Heat losing streak ever, which is a shame really.

Guys like Matt Striker, Rene Dupree, Sylvan have tons of charisma and could be potential top notch heels, but they get stuck in the midcard/lowercard, which in my opinion, sucks.

I know i've probably just lost you there, because these are all new names. But if you get to watch the show, you'll see what I mean.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 08:30 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 06:30 PM #612 of 3609
The problem is that the WWE is seriously pushing ECW to be it's own brand and has for the most part, attempted to retain the look and feel of the older ECW. Where the issue begins is that they're using WWE stars who never really had anything to do with "ECW" as a whole to accomplish this. Not only that, they're using people who really don't fit the ECW style. Thus, I have a problem with the Big Show even being on the roster, much less the ECW champion.

It isn't about who can do it better, it's about who can do it to give the promotion an extra push that has had ECW ties before. Chris Benoit is an ECW alumni, fits the ECW style by definition, and could have great matches with some of ECW's finest. Big Show on the other hand, will use the same WWE big man style of boots and chokeslams with a weapon or two, but call it hardcore like it was ECW.

All I'm saying is, they're seriously trying to push ECW as a separate brand instead of a third brand. To that effect, they need to make the ends justify the means.
The only real reason Show has the ECW title though is because of the Van Dam/Sabu incident. They couldn't exactly give it to sabu because of the incident as well and Angle was out of action during that time. So in reality if they were to give it to an original ECW wrestler and make it a believable title change would be...
--The Sandman

but they were busy having him kick everyones ass. They couldn't just outright give it to one of the FBI members, Benoit was out and good champions like Rhino and Raven are in TNA.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:21 PM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 11:21 PM #613 of 3609
I'll agree that as a last minute decision, that was understandable. He has held onto it however for far too long and has basically only had one real ECW opponent for the title in Sabu.

Again, the issue is the flood of WWE guys they're trying to put in there. CM Punk is in ECW right now and considering his skills he would also be a good candidate to put the belt on. There are a plethora of other guys in OVW and in developmental territories that could be brought up and used over time.

Show simply isn't a believable ECW champion, and is better off as a transitional champion who should have dropped the title to someone like CM Punk or someone that can be given a chance to shine.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: Aug 31, 2006, 11:42 PM #614 of 3609
I'll agree that as a last minute decision, that was understandable. He has held onto it however for far too long and has basically only had one real ECW opponent for the title in Sabu.

Again, the issue is the flood of WWE guys they're trying to put in there. CM Punk is in ECW right now and considering his skills he would also be a good candidate to put the belt on. There are a plethora of other guys in OVW and in developmental territories that could be brought up and used over time.

Show simply isn't a believable ECW champion, and is better off as a transitional champion who should have dropped the title to someone like CM Punk or someone that can be given a chance to shine.
I will agree with you that CM has a great amount of potential

BUT

Do you really want him to be rushed to the top in a matter of months like Brock Lesnar was with the WWE title?

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 03:31 AM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 03:31 AM #615 of 3609
Yes I do.

The industry as a whole needs new names it can rely on. New names that have the talent potential to become and remain good champions. Brock Lesnar basically had the same "big man" syndrome that all of the more muscular guys have that got over, and being handed a title like that ultimately did get to his head. Lesnar had never worked for other real wrestling promotions before, and never really "paid his dues" so to speak, but was handed a title.

This is the main difference between Brock Lesnar and CM Punk.

CM Punk has been ROH Heavyweight Champion AND OVW Heavyweight Champion. He has already been in several territories and other promotions in his time. He's been around the corner and back several times over the course of his career, and ultimately knows what it's like to hold titles and lose titles.

Lesnar on the other hand, was only built to be the WWE's "Goldberg" wannabe (much like Umaga is supposed to be their Samoa Joe wannabe) and didn't really have much of a gimmick aside from the "next big thing" routine. When that fell apart, so did Lesnar.

I could bring up more facts and history, but you get the idea.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Kostaki; Sep 1, 2006 at 03:35 AM.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 11:28 AM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 09:28 AM #616 of 3609
They need to bring Tajiri and Super Crazy back to ECW and then bring Mysterio back into ECW.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 03:38 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 03:38 PM #617 of 3609
They would probably fit the mold of ECW better, and Mysterio might be someone good to feud with Big Show for the time being using the whole David and Goliath scenario except with Mysterio realizing that now in ECW he can neutralize Show with weapons.

Even with those three though, new talent and names are pretty much required for both the WWE and ECW at this point. If they don't start developing now, it'll only take one good wave of injuries to send them all into a panic.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 04:18 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 02:18 PM #618 of 3609
They would probably fit the mold of ECW better, and Mysterio might be someone good to feud with Big Show for the time being using the whole David and Goliath scenario except with Mysterio realizing that now in ECW he can neutralize Show with weapons.
Honestly...I really don't want to see the whole David/Goliath angle...AGAIN...

How ya doing, buddy?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 04:33 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 04:33 PM #619 of 3609
Well obviously, anything that involves Great Khali is a gigantic bust. Back in WCW though, when Mysterio was set to face Kevin Nash and actually ended up getting a pin on him abruptly when Nash went for the jackknife and Mysterio countered it into a pin it was a pretty kickass moment.

Those feuds CAN be done right, under the right conditions.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 1, 2006, 06:21 PM Local time: Sep 1, 2006, 04:21 PM #620 of 3609
Well...it was more David and Goliath like this

Mysterio vs. Show (SD 1 hour special)
Mysterio vs. Show (Survivor Series)
Mysterio vs. Show AND Kane (Led to Mysterio and Batista joining up)
Mysterio vs. Khali (LAWL)
Mysterio vs. Kane (MAY 19th!)
And if anything...
Mysterio vs. JBL even though its not strictly david and goliath

then again it is Heyman doing the booking

How ya doing, buddy?
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 09:10 PM #621 of 3609
Originally Posted by Slash
then again it is Heyman doing the booking
Not really. If it were, then a lot more things would be going better now. Vince has already altered more than half the shows.

About CM Punk, the problem with putting the belt on him so fast is that the mainstream audience is only starting to get to know him. I wanna see him win the title with some HUGE build up because he freakin deserves it. Let the man have some feuds with some of the finest, and then win the glory that is the World Title. (don't call it Heavyweight Title please)

Also, the Nash vs Mysterio feud looked good because like him or not, Nash is great at working with smaller guys. Look at his recent match with Sabin. It was highly enjoyable for what it was IMO. Abyss is another Big guy that works quite well with smaller guys. Although I dunno if he can get the same match quality with Runt as Mike Awesome did back in the day, but still damn promising!

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2006, 09:23 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2006, 07:23 PM #622 of 3609
I never said that his ideas came to life...he just did the booking...then mcmahon approves it..

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:30 AM #623 of 3609
Yea, but what i'm getting at is that Heyman isn't even really being given a chance to go through with ideas, because the keep getting altered. This isn't true booking. It sucks, but that's how it goes.

How ya doing, buddy?
Mortuary
Syklis Green

Member 10985

Level 8.35

Aug 2006

Old Sep 3, 2006, 02:09 PM #624 of 3609
As long as Vince is running the company... I doubt this is going to change.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:49 PM #625 of 3609
GG Vince... just.. GG

Quote:
Brian Gewirtz was the person who wrote the line about the late Steve Irwin on Tuesday's ECW show, of course the idea was green-lighted by Vince McMahon.

Speaking of that, ECW.com issued this today: The following is a statement from the Chairman of the Board of WWE: "We at WWE apologize for the remark alluding to the death of Steve Irwin which was made on ECW on Sci Fi Tuesday night. The remark was, in the least, disrespectful to Mr. Irwin's fans and family."

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread