Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl
Closed Thread

28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 03:46 PM #551 of 1323
I wonder if this is going to be one of the suitless Samus designs that will be here to stay, much like how the widely accepted version of Link is the OoT one, or the new TP one which is basically based on the OoT version. This version of Samus first appeared in Zero Mission, then the design appeared again in Prime 2, and now in SSBB. Prior to Zero Mission, she seemed to look different every time, even in Fusion and Prime.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by 28Link; May 21, 2006 at 11:51 PM.
Deguello
A massive amount of intelligence.

Member 1927

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 11:43 PM #552 of 1323
They made whole movesets for the following people in Super Smash Brothers, assumign you mean things that were not present in the games that they were from:

Captain Falcon
Ness
Mewtwo
Marth <---- These two especially.
Roy <--/
Pikachu
Sheik
Zelda

Making moves for Zero Suit Samus is nothing.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2006, 11:59 PM Local time: May 21, 2006, 09:59 PM #553 of 1323
Originally Posted by RABicle
Letse here.
Zelda/Sheik
Captain Falcon
Fox Mcloud
Falco Lombardi
and Peach
All had zero attacks going into Smash Brothers.
True, I’ll give you those, but I didn't mean Samus specifically, I meant all characters they had to do that with.

Furthmore you could argue that.
Dr. Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Ice Climbers
Bowser
Yoshi
Marth
and Roy
Had near complete movelists written. Wow what had Donkey Kong done previously? Smacked the ground? Ok thats ONE move. Bowser? I guess he breathed fire. Marth had a sword.
Dr. Mario is Mario with pills. Luigi is green Mario. Donkey Kong’s special attacks were fabricated, but it’s not the same as Zero Suit Samus. Now, if they gave Donkey Kong an axe, then it would be the same situation. Ice Climbers had no business being playable characters at that point. All of Bowser’s attacks are from the games – fire breathing, scratching, ass slam (which he does in SMB3). Yoshi’s attacks are all from Yoshi’s story and Yoshi’s Island. Marth and Roy I won’t argue with, but at least they didn’t give them something unrelated.
Nevermind that Gannondorfs was just Capt. Falcon's and didn't reflect him from the games at all. Ignore that Ness had to STEAL moves from other characters.
But Ganondorf still had moves from the game he could have used. Whereas Zero Suit Samus gets an entirely new weapon (whip sword laser thing) to make up for the fact that there were no moves to begin with. Had the programmers not been lazy they could have given him a move set reflecting the abilities used in Ocarina of Time. They cannot do this with ZS Samus since there's nothing to base her move set off of. I never played Earthbound but I assumed that all of the abilities were based on the ones he uses in the game.
Your argument that a whole new movelist has to be made is poor. A better argument against Zero Suit Samus is that she is pissweak and should be an alternate costume.
I think Pikachu is dumb, but he’s still valid. I think it’s annoying that they did it with Ganondorf, Zelda, Fox, et. al. Perhaps move set wasn’t the right word, what I should have said was “entire method of attacking”.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 12:24 AM #554 of 1323
Originally Posted by kuttlas
But Ganondorf still had moves from the game he could have used. Whereas Zero Suit Samus gets an entirely new weapon (whip sword laser thing) to make up for the fact that there were no moves to begin with. Had the programmers not been lazy they could have given him a move set reflecting the abilities used in Ocarina of Time. They cannot do this with ZS Samus since there's nothing to base her move set off of. I never played Earthbound but I assumed that all of the abilities were based on the ones he uses in the game.

I think Pikachu is dumb, but he’s still valid. I think it’s annoying that they did it with Ganondorf, Zelda, Fox, et. al. Perhaps move set wasn’t the right word, what I should have said was “entire method of attacking”.
I think they based Zero Suit Samus on the last segment of Mission Zero, where she had her laser pistol. What she had in the trailer was actually a modified version of the gun, so I think they're at least going to use that as part of her movelist, kinda like saying that she had the laser whip, but never used it, which is kinda like suited Samus not using melee attacks in the Metroid games.

Also, regarding Zelda, her special attacks are based on Link's magic spells in OoT, so it's not an entirely new set of moves for her.

While I do hope that they give original moves to the clones like Ganondorf and Dr. Mario, I think they will keep them as is, or at least one version of them with that move set, because there are a lot of players out there that actually prefer the clone versions.

Oh well, I guess it's just that making new moves for them doesn't bother me much, I just like the games because they're fun.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 12:31 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 01:31 PM #555 of 1323
Quote:
All of Bowser’s attacks are from the games – fire breathing, scratching, ass slam (which he does in SMB3). Yoshi’s attacks are all from Yoshi’s story and Yoshi’s Island.
Last I checked Bowser has more than 3 moves in Smash Bros. He has over 15 attacks. And maybe you got the secret copy of Yoshi's Island where he would roll around in and egg and ram shyguys with his nose.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Deguello

Member 1927

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 12:37 AM #556 of 1323
I think now would be the point where we ask Mr. Anal Smash Bros Character Customs Agent what characters WOULD make good additions, provided he doesn't break his own rules for admission, those being that no new moves be constructed for any applicants.

How ya doing, buddy?
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 02:00 AM Local time: May 21, 2006, 11:00 PM #557 of 1323
aparently these are the top votes so far http://www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/bn/no1_1.html
I can't read japanese so this page is useless but someone (I forget where) translated it to:
Spoiler:
Megaman (Megaman)
Claus (MOTHER 3)
Lucas (MOTHER 3)
King K. Rool (DK Country)
King Dedede (Kirby)
Geno (SMB RPG)
Professor Kawashima (Brain Age)
Kalas (Batten Kaitos)
Sigurd (Fire Emblem)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Dragon Chan (Super Punch-Out!!!)
G-Red (Gotchaforce)
Hammer Bros. (Super Mario Bros.)
Oguma (Fire Emblem)
Captain Olimar (Pikmin)
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Ike (Fire Emblem)
Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
Toad (Super Mario Bros. 2)
Lolo and Lala (Kirby)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
Princess Katia (Lost Kingdom)
Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight)

YAY Geno!!!!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 02:17 AM #558 of 1323
Wow, I'm surprised; not a single FF character in that list. Still, very glad Megaman is getting the top vote, but Nintendo better not mess it up and use the lame variants like Battle Network Megaman. Original, goddamn you!

And I'm saddened at the lack of Klonoa votes.

Super Dragon Chan? Why not King Hippo, or Bald Bull, or Super Macho Man? Why hi-oh, right. Japanese.

EDIT: Hmm, according to Gamefaqs, these are characters that the creator is considering to use in the game, and not the most voted characters.

EDIT 2: They also say that Ridley (Metroid) is mentioned in the list.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Soldier; May 22, 2006 at 02:26 AM.
Deguello

Member 1927

Level 5.27

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 02:53 AM #559 of 1323
I just double suggested a character and a song for SSB:B.

I requested Princess Daisy because she is in everything anyway, and I like the girl even though she might be suffering from mental problems.

But my real suggestion is for some Traditional Japanese music written in 1889. 1889 is, of course, the Year that Nintendo was founded. It'll be goofy and probably easy to get because such music should be in the public domain.

FELIPE NO
Luxo
Hey! Listen!

Member 2675

Level 22.25

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 04:44 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 03:44 AM #560 of 1323
Originally Posted by Deguello
I just double suggested a character and a song for SSB:B.

I requested Princess Daisy because she is in everything anyway, and I like the girl even though she might be suffering from mental problems.

But my real suggestion is for some Traditional Japanese music written in 1889. 1889 is, of course, the Year that Nintendo was founded. It'll be goofy and probably easy to get because such music should be in the public domain.
But Daisy has three eyes. That should be a huge turn off for anyone.

Vibrate
Wall Feces
Holy Cow! What Happened!

Member 493

Level 46.34

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 09:24 AM #561 of 1323
That's a nice list, I just wish Simon Belmont was higher up.

Megaman for the win! Huzzah! Let's hope they put him in there!

28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 11:28 AM #562 of 1323
If that is indeed a list of top voted characters, I'm surprised Sonic isn't on there somewhere, since practically every time anyone asked for SSB characters, someone is bound to suggest him.

Most amazing jew boots
Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 01:36 PM #563 of 1323
Kalas (Batten Kaitos)
- Wow. I didn't expected THAT.
And yay for Geno!

*goes bug more people to vote* XD

shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 02:48 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 01:48 PM #564 of 1323
Hammer bros. would most likely be along the lines of the Ice Climbers.
As for third party, I'm really glad they're thinking of Mother 3 charcters. That would be a big push to bring the game over here!
King K. Rool is a must, along with Geno. It would be great to see. Nin owns the rights to use Geno as they please now, along with Mallow (though I haven't seen any cameos).
Lolo and Lala would be . . . hard to add attacks to. They simply don't do much but push blocks and shoot eggs (in the original game). They did the same as Kirby bosses.
No Sonic though? hmmm.
I'm so excited though. It's going to be so hard to wait.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 03:30 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 01:30 PM #565 of 1323
I've personally never even heard of a handful of people on that list. It seems they are almost all more Japanese exclusive types of games, either that or I need to play the 3 new Fire emblem games that I havent played yet.

Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 03:56 PM #566 of 1323
Black Knight and Ike are both from the same Fire Emblem game. Black Knight was basically his rival. (GCN Fire Emblem, if you're curious) Sigurd is one of the heroes from Geneology of the Holy War. (Celice being the other) We didn't get that game as it was for the snes and was long before the series gained popularity here. Nintendo Power did have an arcticle previewing the game, though, back when it came out.

I never thought of Kalas, but he'd be a pretty cool character now that I really think about it. His whole metal wing dealie was neat and I think he'd translate reasonably well into the game. Sigurd would have been cool, except that you never get to play a footsoldier form of him so it'd be more awkward than the groundbased lords. Celice would probably be better between the two since at least his unpromoted class wasn't on a horse.

HostileCreation
Chocobo

Member 3335

Level 12.61

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 05:03 PM #567 of 1323
I don't like how the votes are influenced by the recent release of Mother 3. Of course, stuff like that is always bound to affect polling.
For the most part, though, it looks decent. My one friend would be ecstatic if they put Geno in.

FELIPE NO
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 09:03 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 08:03 PM #568 of 1323
My day got alot better when i saw Geno's name on that list. That and Black Knight. Those two are my picks for adding to the roster.

kuttlas
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 824

Level 22.74

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 11:39 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 09:39 PM #569 of 1323
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
EDIT: Hmm, according to Gamefaqs, these are characters that the creator is considering to use in the game, and not the most voted characters.
If you're talking about scotty's link, it's not. It isn't the top votes either, those are the messages people sent in with http://cgi.nintendo.co.jp/cgi-bin/smashbros/article.cgi. Since they only revealed suggestions that included justification, you can assume that whatever we do it won't have any impact since they don't care about a list.

Edit: There's a mexican person who posted a request which they thought was thoughtful and well-worded enough to add the message to the list. If there's any foreigners who speak Japanese well enough to communicate, you might still have a shot at having your opinion count for something.

Last edited by kuttlas; May 22, 2006 at 11:46 PM.
nanstey
CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!

Member 902

Level 10.66

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2006, 11:54 PM Local time: May 22, 2006, 11:54 PM #570 of 1323
Only one problem with Geno - he's still owned by Square Enix. It said so in the credits of Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. I think that we need to see Paper Mario - or at least a stage based on it. It'd be VERY interesting to see how they would work in all the different options he has...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
That which is, is. Sink or swim. - Wiliiam Shakespeare. There is no ignorange, there is knowledge. - From the Code of the Jedi
Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:22 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 09:22 PM #571 of 1323
Originally Posted by kuttlas
Edit: There's a mexican person who posted a request which they thought was thoughtful and well-worded enough to add the message to the list. If there's any foreigners who speak Japanese well enough to communicate, you might still have a shot at having your opinion count for something.
I can do basic sentences with adjectives, verbs, etc etc. But I'm sure there are people here who can speak it near-fluently.

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
Nintendo 4 life
sword master

Member 6938

Level 2.97

May 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 02:52 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 05:52 PM #572 of 1323
Geno would be a good installment but I would of thought Ganon would of been on the list and geno being owned by square doesn't consern me because nintendo and square are on the same page. But im still think they'll make Ganondorf be able to transform to Ganon

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
zelda genaration
+ nintendo = unstopable!
Free.User
See You, Space Cowboy

Member 62

Level 32.80

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 08:32 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 05:32 AM #573 of 1323
Originally Posted by Nintendo 4 life
geno being owned by square doesn't consern me because nintendo and square are on the same page.
That's nice that it doesn't concern you. But it concerns Nintendo.

Mario Kart DS: 498293-921939____
Star Fox Command: 155-576-696-451____
Metroid Prime Hunters: 4854-1233-4943____
Final Fantasy III: 506891214495____
Xfire: freuser____
Steam: Free.User
____
shadowlink56
Wii came, We saw, Wii kicked our ASS!

Member 2235

Level 20.07

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 05:12 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 04:12 PM #574 of 1323
Originally Posted by Free.User
That's nice that it doesn't concern you. But it concerns Nintendo.
There's hope because of the Wii Crystal Chronicles game, but it remains to be seen. Still, what's Square gonna do with him, make him the main character for FFXX?

Also, all this talk about "the moves HAVE to come from the games" is ridiculous. If that was the case, all Snake could do is hide in a box, shoot with a variety of weapons, crawl, and punch.
They add moves in when necessary, and make them fit the characters well.

Last edited by shadowlink56; May 23, 2006 at 05:26 PM.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 05:28 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 04:28 PM #575 of 1323
The fact that Snake is in Smash Bros. already begs the question why Geno isn't already in. Snake is a third party character who has appeared on many more Playstation games than Nintendo games, yet he was allowed in because he was a third party character "with a history on nintendo". Geno is a third party character who has appeared only in Nintendo games (correct me if i'm wrong). The fact that SquareEnix is developing two launch titles for Wii, it implies that they are getting friendly with Nintendo, and it seems like it will only be a matter of time before Geno appears on the roster for SSBB.

FELIPE NO
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Smash Bros. Brawl