Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Nintendo Announces DSi - What?

majario
Arin=Sexy+Magic=Super Pangya!

Member 140

Level 21.84

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:21 AM #26 of 44
If you are getting a dsi, make sure you get Wario Ware: Snapped in the dsiware downloads. I've only been able to play it for a couple of minutes but it is hella fun. The use of the camera for the minigames makes it so much fun! A must get as of right now in my opinion. Plus, you'll get a laugh because when your finished with a squence of minigames it play back video of you playing the games so you get to see how stupid you look playing them. So far....I'm happy with my purchase!

How ya doing, buddy?
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:40 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 12:40 AM #27 of 44
I currently own a Lite, and I'm not quite willing to invest in this new one quite yet. Sure, bigger screen and thinner unit are a major plus, but I know I'll have the urge to pop in a GBA game every now and then, so no go. Also, games utilizing the new features seems rather fun, but I doubt it'll be all that awesome in the long run after the initial novelty has passed. Free browser app, eh? Downloadble stuff sounds sweet.

But I highly doubt I'll be getting this within the next year. I have other priorities, and by the time I get that other stuff, I probably won't want to spend more on a DSi~

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:48 AM Local time: Apr 6, 2009, 11:48 PM #28 of 44
I'm considering doing a massive trade-in if I buy a DSi, considering right now I have a GBA that only kind of works (the D-pad has lost most of its sensitivity due to thorough use), a normal DS, and a DS lite that I got when the normal one's L-button ceased to function (they have now switched, the L button only works on the old one).

I might see if i can get a DSi and a GBA SP to replace them, because then at least I'll be able to play all of the random game boy color games i have lying around along with everything else.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:53 AM #29 of 44
Buying a DSi at this point in time would hinder my Pokemon playing, so for the moment, I'll pass.

Like elwe, I'll probably pick it up at a later time, but I can't see myself buying one when my Lite still works perfectly fine.

Most amazing jew boots
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 02:07 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 02:07 AM #30 of 44
Got one and its pretty damned sweet. Suckers.

How ya doing, buddy?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 03:38 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 04:38 PM #31 of 44
The reason I got a DSlite is because I can play GBA games and DS roms. If the DSi can do that, then I'll probably get one. But for now, I'll stick to my shiny black DSLite.

Most amazing jew boots
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:10 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 11:10 AM #32 of 44
Don't buy one. You can't get a ROM of a new piece of hardware. That would actually cost money. Heaven forbid you spend money.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:15 AM #33 of 44
So, big question for me: DOES THIS SUPPORT MORE THAN WEP for wireless?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:22 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 05:22 PM #34 of 44
So, big question for me: DOES THIS SUPPORT MORE THAN WEP for wireless?
Sort of.

It'll do WPA now but only for DSi specific games, making it a completely pointless purchase for anyone looking to use their DS online on the majority of home wireless networks with any games they already own.

Nice one Nintendo.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:30 AM #35 of 44
YAY NO ONLINE TETRIS MULTIPLAYER FOR WVLF

Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:32 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 05:32 PM #36 of 44
I was actually thinking of getting one of these so I could use the online features of any of my DS games but without being able to do that, this is just a slightly thinner DS with a shitty camera attached so I'll pass, until such time as my DS breaks.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:49 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2009, 10:49 AM #37 of 44
YAY NO ONLINE TETRIS MULTIPLAYER FOR WVLF
So that you can play with faggots who cheat and only get long pieces?

Sure is fun I tell you what

I was speaking idiomatically.
wvlfpvp

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:19 PM 1 #38 of 44
No, so I can play with people on the forums, idiot.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2009, 02:15 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2009, 02:15 PM #39 of 44
The camera is actually surprisingly nice. Also our Nintendo rep gave me a bunch of freebies! ^_^

FELIPE NO
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Apr 8, 2009, 07:44 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2009, 10:44 AM 5 #40 of 44
INFERNAL PLAYS WITH DSI CAMERA

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:09 PM #41 of 44
Well, I'm sold.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Apr 29, 2009, 12:25 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2009, 11:25 PM #42 of 44
the $10 of free dsiware is nice. got the warioware game, but there's not much else on there.

also, the browser is not terribly useful. it's crazy slow, and i couldn't even get onto facebook because the opening page was too big.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:11 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 11:11 AM #43 of 44
It doesn't have it's own way of connecting to the web though does it, you need to be in a wireless area right?

Which means you're either at home, where one would assume you'd use a proper computer for web browsing, or somewhere with free wireless which are often pretty slow and why aren't you using the wireless features of your phone which probably has a better browser anyway?

If the DSi had allowed WPA connectivity with DS games I'd have bought one straight away but as it only lets you do that with DSi games, it's a pretty pointless gadget for me. Apart from obviously playing the newer games, it does nothing that either my old DS or my mobile don't already do (And do better in the case of my phone). It's a shame really because it would be nice to be able to use my DS online at home rather than having to take it to a Starbucks or something to use their unsecured wireless.

Seris
zzzzzz

Member 1928

Level 33.66

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:04 AM #44 of 44
My friend bought a DSi and let me use it. I can't say I was very impressed or even slightly WOWed with the new features; the camera is a shitty piece of shit that can only take decent, cell-phone like pictures when the third moon crosses saturn and all the stars in the galaxy are aligned just right.

And yeah, the connectivity on the DSi? Not that great. It's about the same as your DS Lite and doesn't really offer much else in terms of web-browsing and downloadable content. Not unless you want to spend lots of money, anyway.

What else... Oh, putting your music onto the DSi is probably one of the worst idea's ever. The headphone/output quality isn't that much better than a cassette player, in that all of your music ends up sounding grainy. And listening to your music without a headset on your DSi is a joke.

All in all, fuck it. The DSi is only worth owning if you have a busted DS and need to replace it... And even then, you might just be better off buying a replacement DS Lite.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Nintendo Announces DSi - What?