Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[DS] Must Own Games for the DS

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 05:47 PM Local time: Feb 23, 2008, 08:47 AM #26 of 40
I still love Zoo Keeper. More than you know.
What's not to love about a cigar smoking Hitler that runs a zoo and abuses his staff in Engrish? I still play it every now and then, and I bought it at the DS' launch.

Such a cute gira-ooohhhh my Goooood!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Feb 22, 2008, 06:11 PM #27 of 40
Gonna have to agree. Zookeeper was a game that I wound up purchasing over Ebay because I wanted a copy badly enough. It's now on my "do not sell or trade" list, as it never gets old. The music is godawful but nevertheless, it's the most addicting game I own.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 03:38 AM #28 of 40
Megaman ZX Advent is money, although it's continuing the series' trend of getting easier with each incarnation.
Oish. Play Expert Mode and I think you'll change your mind on that.

Spoiler:
Pretty much everything's harder. The bosses are harder, like Chronoforce doing his time slowdown at the very start of the fight EVERY time, so he moves a LOT faster, not to mention that that ability of his lasts the entire fight. Some of their attacks also change slightly, not significantly but enough to throw you off if you think you remember them well enough from Normal Mode. An example of this would be that big blast that Rospark does where he heals a little as he charges up for it; it's a 3-way blast in front of him, not just a single straight line. Also, nodes cost more EC to activate (500 to be exact), you don't get any max life/energy ups, and only ONE Sub Tank, and that one's the one where you have to go around gathering all those artifacts for that lazy girl cowering in a cave in the Floating Ruins. And it only takes like 4 hits (if that) to kill you, even from regular enemies.

Sorry if this seems like a rant, but I was just playing it today toward the end where you have to fight all the bosses again on Ouroboros. I even saved with 9 lives prior and they're still giving me trouble.

Anyways, little rant aside , ZX Advent is a good buy, and certainly a challenge if you give Expert Mode a try. Star Fox Command is good too since it's one of the relatively few DS games I know of where you can play against other random people online that aren't on your friends list nor in close proximity to you.

One that I would not recommend, however, is Sonic Rush. It is rather annoyingly easy to die in that game, and more often than not, having rings will not save you. I don't know how Sonic Rush Adventure is in that regard, so I can't really give a valid opinion for that sequel.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Josiah; Feb 24, 2008 at 03:40 AM.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 04:45 AM #29 of 40
Star Fox Command. Others may not agree with me, but this game is 1000000000000x better than Star Fox Assault and goes back to its roots.
In all fairness, it's not really hard to be better than Star Fox Assault. Assault was very, very mediocre, would have been much better if it weren't bogged down by more unnecessary ground missions.

Adding to the Advance Wars recommendation pool though. Both games are nothing short of hours upon hours of god dam fun.

Most amazing jew boots

#654: Braixen
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 04:55 AM #30 of 40
Am I seriously the only one who thinks that Star Fox Assault wasn't actually as bad as people claim it was.

The ground missions didn't bother me... More or less anything with a Landmaster involved.

Adding on to my list... Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! 1 and 2 and Elite Beat Agents. Any rhythm game fan will love this series.

And Sonic Rush is a good game if you wanna get thrown back into the old Sonic days.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Chaotic; Feb 24, 2008 at 05:03 AM.
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2008, 05:14 PM #31 of 40
Am I seriously the only one who thinks that Star Fox Assault wasn't actually as bad as people claim it was.
No, you aren't the only one. Yeah, there were a lot of ground missions, but a few silly lines aside the voice acting was decent (like holy crap, Slippy doesn't sound like his gender is ambiguous), the graphics were pretty good and the music was pretty sweet. Sweet enough at least, that some tracks from it are featured in the music arsenal of Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Star Fox Command is a little different from what you would expect from a Star Fox game with the need for a bit of strategy, but it is more traditional in the sense that it's all flying.

FELIPE NO

RisingPhoenix
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 28098

Level 2.50

Feb 2008

Old Feb 26, 2008, 06:44 AM #32 of 40
I'd say get Phantom Hourglass perhaps? I mean, it doesn't last an awful long time and I suppose you really need time to play it...but when you're not doing that same temple (over and over and over and over...) it's IMMENSE and the note taking system was really fun for me. I loved the puzzles. I hope more games integrate that kind of feature.
Otherwise, I found Pokemon Link really addictive (also known as Pokemon Trozei). But that's because I love Pokemon and I love puzzle games.

Other than that, I'd say Elite Beat Agents is a MUST own title. And you only have to play it for a few minutes at a time!

How ya doing, buddy?
rpgmusic89
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 28612

Level 1.02

Mar 2008

Old Mar 9, 2008, 01:59 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2008, 01:59 PM #33 of 40
I haven't tried Phantom Hourglass yet, but I have beaten Windwaker. I would recommend Warioware

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2008, 04:57 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2008, 03:57 PM #34 of 40
Oh, and why's that? Got a REASON you'd recommend that? Something to prove you aren't spamming like a crazy motherfucker? I've already deleted 3/4 of your posts. Don't give me a reason to do it to all of them.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
CryHavoc
Catherine Bell <3

Member 8369

Level 18.10

Jun 2006

Old Mar 14, 2008, 08:49 AM Local time: Mar 14, 2008, 04:49 PM #35 of 40
Seconding the recommendation for Kirby : Canvas Curse.. AWESOME time-waster. I mean i've recently found myself hating most games, they take way too long to finish (I hope i ain't outgrowing games ) but canvas curse is like, pick the ds up, play a stage, fold it up and go on with your day. You'll eventually wanna go back to it, and therein lies its secret. GET IT!

A Side Note : Huh? Colonel what? Is that you skills?? When did you... And when did Aardark get demoted?? WOW i've been away for long..!

How ya doing, buddy?
Ashton
GET DOWN

Member 2132

Level 14.26

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2008, 07:00 PM #36 of 40
Pokemon Pearl and Diamond.

Incredible fun. Seriously.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2008, 07:00 AM Local time: Mar 15, 2008, 12:00 PM #37 of 40
Pokemon Pearl or Diamond.
Corrected. That should only ever be an 'and' if you're a complete Pokémon obsessive. Either of those games will do for a regular gamer (but I agree, I have Pearl and it is very good).

If you like logical type puzzle games, and can cope with the idea of importing a Japanese game (though perfectly easy to use without knowledge of the language), then I'm going to throw in a recommendation for Puzzle Series Vol. 5: Slitherlink. Absolutely brilliant game and completely addictive.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2008, 03:58 AM Local time: Mar 19, 2008, 08:58 PM #38 of 40
Yes! Canvas Curse is perfect not because it's action packed, but because the gameplay works in a bite-sized way. The touch mechanics are extremely easy to grasp and it's just plain old fun. It's like why Tetris, only instead of falling blocks you have a spinning pink puffball who can morph into some very weird forms! And no buttons!

How ya doing, buddy?
Dhsu
`D`

Member 2206

Level 27.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:50 AM Local time: Mar 19, 2008, 09:50 AM #39 of 40
Also the music is freakin' great.

FELIPE NO

"Castitatis" (Elfen Lied - Lilium ~opening version~)
The Doujin Music Thread | backloggery
Shade365

Member 28978

Level 2.12

Mar 2008

Old Mar 23, 2008, 01:01 PM #40 of 40
I'd recomment:

Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (all of em')
Trauma Center
Mario Kart DS
Megaman ZX (and Megaman ZX Advent)
Contra 4
Hotel Dusk
Castlevania Dawn Of Sorrow
Castlevania Portrait Of Ruins

There's alot of great games for the nintendo DS but it all depends on what you're looking for.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [DS] Must Own Games for the DS