Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Remember the time you almost/could've died?

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 03:12 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 01:12 PM #26 of 42
I think I was around 5 or 6 when I tampered with a plug with a plug protector on it. I wanted to remove it so I can switch the TV on so I got something I shouldn't did: metal wrench. Metal wrench + open plug + bare hands = near death. The maid also watched too.

Another was when I was really young as well. My maid was watching me play with our pet dog (the only one I had in my life) when the dog suddenly bit me in the face. Horrified, my parents washed my wounds and took me to the hospital where I was given more than 50 anti-rabies injections all across my body (I remember being 97 or such but I don't believe it). I even thought it was the end too.

Most amazing jew boots
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 03:19 PM #27 of 42
When I was 19, I was driving on 290 in Worcester. It was December 21. I got into a car accident. (It wasn't my fault, believe it or not.)

The woman who was travelling in the left lane turned into the middle lane - where I was. She didn't even LOOK to see if I was there. Going 70MPH, she whacked the side of my car. Sent me flying to both the right guardrail and then back to the left guardrail. On a 3 lane highway.

When we finally hit and rested, I put my foot on the brake, pulled the E brake, and asked my friends (both Jenn and Sarah were with me at the time) if they were okay. Both said yes.

I went to get out of the car. Neither of them could get out. I figured I'd let them out.

As SOON as I took my foot off the brake and opened the door, getting out, the car FLEW into HIGH SPEED reverse.

I was knocked over by the car going into reverse. I was subsequently trapped UNDER THE FUCKING DOOR, being DRAGGED by the car at high speeds. I remember thinking to myself "YOU HAVE to put your head on the ground if you want to survive. You'll get cut up, but you'll survive." The only thing holding me under that door was my neck and head.

I put my face down on the ground moving below me. I went under the door.

But my left leg got run over by the car. To this day, I have no feeling in it.

Eventually, the guardrail stopped the car about 500 feet away from where I went under the door. Both my friends were idiotically staring out into space when I opened their doors.

They both said they thought I was dead. But it takes a lot more to kill me than that. ^_^

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 03:26 PM #28 of 42
So I'm wondering, can you still walk with no feeling in your left leg?

Also, damn.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
qtipk
Salad.

Member 3081

Level 2.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:18 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 04:18 PM #29 of 42
car death

I know everyone and their mom has had a near death experience in a car, but this is the only one I've had so I thought I'd share it.

It had been raining and I was following a car on a two way street going about 50mph. The guy slammed on his breaks to make a turn or something and I slammed on mine. Since my tires at the time had basically no treads I didn't stop at all, so the only thing i could do was swerve into the oncoming traffic lane.

I quickly realized there was an car coming straight at me and I veered back to the right missing him by maybe and inch or two. It would have been a 100mph head on collision. I was shaking.

Here's an animated GIF for elaboration:

How ya doing, buddy?
doodle
fingertips

Member 579

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:20 PM #30 of 42
I had a bunk-bed as a child, and it was against a window. A friend was over and I was fooling around, climbing down between the top bunk and the window, so that my body was pressed against the glass.

I had almost made it when the window shattered. I was holding onto the bunk bed as it tipped a bit, and my friend got my parents for help. I was seriously losing my grip, and I contemplated just letting go, as it was a short fall out the window anyway. But my father pulled me in just in time, and said to leave it till tomorrow morning to clean up, since it was dark outside.

The next morning, I went outside to check out the damage. There was a large, surgically sharp piece of glass stuck firmly into the ground so perfectly that, if I had fallen, I would have been sliced in half - or at least disemboweled.

Well, that's the closest I've ever come to being killed. Discounting the time I pulled up to the white line at a stopsign (except there was no white line and the line I pulled up to was the center of the road and an 18-wheeler had to slam on its brakes and swerve to avoid destroying me ).

Most amazing jew boots
Outlaw
Do not use elevator while on fire

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:22 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 03:22 PM #31 of 42
I almost drowned in the pool....not once but twice. Different times though....The first time was when I was 5 or 6. I was stupid, wondered into the deep end. This wasn't after another kid was drowning and my mom helped them because his parents weren't waching him. My dad saved me....I was a little bit shaken up....and I was burping up chlorine...but otherwise okay. The next time was when I was 7 or 8. I was walking around the corner of the pool....lost my footing in the deep end. And started gasping for air. My mom tried to tell me move towards the middle....I couldn't I was too scared luckily I was still within arms reach so she grabbed me. Again.....I was shaken up but other wise fine.

Then there was this one time I was acting like a stupid monkey in one of those cage things at the hospital when I was 3 or 4 because of some sickness I got from a kiddy pool and accidently ripping out the IV in my arm.....lots of blood insued...all I remember was a white room and that my mom was trying to put presser on it with a towel because it was really bleeding. That experience alone made me afraid of IVs and those cage things that little kids go in....

Those were the only experiences I had where I felt like I would die *knock on wood*.....

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Outlaw; Mar 20, 2006 at 05:25 PM.
Phoque le PQ
Présentement en ligne

Member 1886

Level 9.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:02 PM #32 of 42
Yes, I remember quite well

It was almost 2 years ago. 2 friends of mine and I had the "brilliant" idea of canoing on the Richelieu river (quite a big one) during the spring meltdown. Needless to say that the water was very... excited.

Not 5 minutes after we got in the canoe, one of my friend jumped out to reach the bank. It disbalanced the canoe and it moved over. My other friend was able to swim back no problem. However, I had more difficulty. Hadn't it been for the life jacket, I would have drowned for sure

Most amazing jew boots
AtmaWeapon
Carob Nut

Member 3487

Level 6.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:26 PM #33 of 42
Had a nice run in with a tree in a skiing accident, had the reflex to twist my torso at the last moment and broke a rib. 6 inches to the left, I would have cracked my skull, or my neck. Bye Bye atma.

A world without my witty observations? Can you only imagine it?
The Humanity!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Formerly StackOverflow.
I was AtmaWeapon before that.
Now I'm AtmaWeapon again.
It's the Circle of Life!
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:32 PM #34 of 42
Originally Posted by CileGray
Hmmm, I think I can remember, it being Wednesday of this week.

I wake up, 11h45 AM. Stingy pain in the lower right abdomen... I'm guessing they're just cramps and they'll go away, so I get up, watch tv... Around 1PMish I start going to the bathroom, try to shit or puke it out... nothing works, pain is getting increasingly stronger... so I finally call a friend of mine to take me to the Emergency.

Around 2PM, after puking like 6-7 times outside my GF's appartment complex, waiting for my friend, he finally gets there and takes me to the hospital, which is just about FULL of people waiting in the... well waiting room. Since I am in so much pain, they actually let me through before everyone else, and set me in a bed along a wall for another 4 hours, while giving me Morphine to calm the pain. By 9PM I was operated for Apendicitis (spelling?) and I am released from the hospital the following morning.

The day after, I read in the local newspaper that our emergencies are overwhelmed and over 225% full (which explains why they left me in the hallway for 4 hours)... And since and apendice that goes untreated for a while risks bursting and contaminating pretty much every organ in your body, that episode scared the shit out of me.

But here I am, 3 weeks off from work, can't lift more than 10 lbs for 3 weeks, but at least I'm alive and well. I have never in my life been in such pain as I was Wednesday... and I hope to never have to suffer that much again. Ow.
Wow, I had appendicitis just last month, but it wasn't as serious at this. Mine wasn't a typical case. The thing that was bothering me wasn't the actual appendicitis, but after I took a catscan, they found out that I had an absess growing on my appendix that was the size of a golfball. I was in the hospital for 3 days before and after the surgery.

Just last week my scar got really inflamed and I went back to the doctors. He had to "drain" it of whatever was in there and I was basically impaled by a Q-tip. That was one of the most painful things I have ever experienced... Now its almost healed up.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:32 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 07:32 PM #35 of 42
When I was 4 or 5 a metal rake that was leaning against a shed fell onto me and some of the metal bit went into my head. I don't really remember it very well, just wrapping my head in a towel to stop the blood from scaring me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 08:59 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 06:59 PM #36 of 42
I almost died when my twin brother and I were born. We were two months pre-mature. My brother was the first one to get out and he was crying. When I was out, I had my umbelical cord wrapped around my neck. I don't exactly remember the details, but my parents said I was blue and made no noise when I came out and I was rushed into the ICU.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 09:07 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 06:07 PM #37 of 42
I was on the freeway just last friday doing about 65, I'm about to make a lane change to my left, the signal's on and I check all my mirrors and looked over my shoulder, so I begin to change lanes. Yet somehow out of the blue a SUV at a higher speed than mine appears over my shoulder and begins to honk. While I was able to pull over quickly enough I'm quite sure had there been a collision I probably wasn't going to be able to walk out of that one alive.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 04:30 AM #38 of 42
I got hit by a car on my bike once. I was coming to a crosswalk that had the signal for me to go while a car pulled up to turn right. It moved and stopped once, so I figured the person saw me coming and kept going without slowing down. Wrong assumption. The person started to turn right just as I passed in front of their car. I was only knocked off my bike, and got a little banged up. But when I think about it now, the person could have kept on driving and run me over before stopping, as opposed to stopping once I got bumped. Kind of a scary thought.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Josiah; Mar 21, 2006 at 04:32 AM.
Sukebepanda
Panda Fodder

Member 3719

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 08:07 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 08:07 PM #39 of 42
I've only had one near death experience really. It happened about 2 years ago, during Thanksgiving. I was taking my boyfriend to work one morning and I was about halfway there when I got stuck going really slow behind these two cars. The road we were on is one that i've passed on many times before and i've never had any problems doing so.

Unfortunately when I went to pass the two car's that day, the guy in front of me (who was talking on his cell phone) didn't look to his left to see that I was beside him, so he started to go into the other lane to pass the car infront of him. He ended up pushing me off the road, I took out his left tail light, but since I was going kinda fast already and I got pushed onto the grass I freaked out and started to slam the breaks (bad idea x.x) My car ended up spining in the other direction and the passenger side slammed into a tree (which is where my boyfriend was at the time)

Honestly, my boyfriend was in more danger than I was, but it's the closest near death experience i've had yet, and because of it I really hate to drive now :/

Most amazing jew boots
Ballpark Frank
Regressing Since 1988

Member 3605

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:31 PM #40 of 42
Kidney operation a year ago. Actual OP went fine, but they twisted the tubing inside of me six ways to Hell. Apparantly I passed out while going to the bathroom (split my head open on the toilet, ha ha) and had my abdomen filled with icky fluid. Seventeen hours later I'm being wheeled out of the OP room once more asking the nurse why all these people were in my bathroom.

Related story; I had to get a cathader (sp) as a prelim to this OP. I mortified my mother, a NCRN, by requesting what nurse shoved it up, and then by asking her number when it was done.

She didn't give it to me. Bitch.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 01:43 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 12:43 AM #41 of 42
I almost died when I went to Las Vegas for New Years in 2003.

When we went down on The Strip for the countdown, my parents, my uncle and I were all in the gigantic crowd. After New Years hit, we were kind of stuck in a mob situation and thus had to go wherever the mob pushed us...we ended up down at the complete opposite end of the Strip, where it took until 4am to get back to our car. On foot. I apparently had some little callus or something on the sole of my foot, which got irritated with all the walking and ended up infected. The infection had gotten quite bad by the time we returned to our hotel room, so my parents took me to the emergency.

At emergency, I removed the sock from my foot (I couldn't walk with shoes by that point), and there was a red line going up my leg. The doctor said it was blood poisoning, and I needed emergency I.V. antibiotics for 8 hours.

Long story short, I didn't want to be hospitalized, so my parents just had to take me back every two hours to the emergency center, where the poked me and put the crap in. I had four holes in my arms and was a sobbing mess by the end of it, and they had to remove the whatever it was on the bottom of my foot.

It was nasty. Horrible experience. And if I had let the blood poisoning spread, I could have died within a few days.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
KCJ506
Fuck you assholes

Member 809

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 04:20 AM #42 of 42
Almost 3 years ago, me and sister got into a hit and run. I wasn't injured, but my sister's hand got hurt. It still shakes me up knowing we could have died that day and it was the day after my birthday.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Remember the time you almost/could've died?