Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Wii] Pokemon Battle Revolution

Dekoa
Is now the Tolkein Red Shirt.

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2007, 08:37 PM #26 of 54
Well now I came upon a guy that used normal pokemon from the actual game itself and he was pretty good. I would love to fight him again.

Of course, I've found a nice little surprised, apparently there is one arena where it basically randomizes Both parties pokemon so you have to fight with your opponents as well. Its quite interesting.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dekoa's Friend Quote: "You can't rape the Willing!"

Azingno
Carob Nut

Member 22663

Level 5.67

Jun 2007

Old Jun 29, 2007, 06:21 PM #27 of 54
Well I got the game, so now i`ll post my friend code and yeah I got my ass beat by some kid, but hey atleast I killed his Dialga (and thank god he used NORMALS) but yeah onto the friend code.

2792 7672 4400

PM me if you`re adding me and if you want to fight me.

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 06:26 AM #28 of 54
I'll find my code eventually. :|

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with Set 3 in the Masters Battle. T_T. I know the first guy is gonna Belly Drum his way to victory. WHY CAN'T I STOP HIM. I ALREADY BEAT HIM BEFORE.

After some team adjustments, I have:

Lucario
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Aura Sphere

Luxray
- Charge
- Crunch
- Thunder Bolt
- Secret Power

Charizard
- Flamethrower
- Fly
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake

Arcanine
- Crunch
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite
- Surf
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Rush
- Thunder Punch

Vaporeon
- Double-Edge
- Surf
- Acid Armor
- Ice Beam

In reserve...

Nidoking
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Surf (Bound to change. Used for training.)

Blissey
- Minimize
- Egg Bomb
- Toxic
- Softboiled

Since it's a Lv. 50 All battle, me mentioning levels wouldn't mean much, but anything I could change on this?

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Chaotic; Jun 30, 2007 at 07:36 AM.
Dekoa

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 09:15 AM #29 of 54
By the way, I did make a GF WIki entry about the game for friend codes.

http://gfw.condign.org/wiki/Pokemon:_Battle_Revolution

How ya doing, buddy?

Elmoogle
Review your CD, slacker!

Member 174

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 02:08 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2007, 02:08 PM #30 of 54
Yay, finally had my first friend battle. Tyranitar really does seem ridiculously broke though. Maybe I should stop using him.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

This picture of a My Little Pony represents my failure to review the Mix CD that was sent to me. Like this image, I am a shining beacon of shame and disgrace.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 07:00 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2007, 05:00 PM #31 of 54
Been playing it since Tuesday. I'm relatively content with the purchase, but I can think of things I had been happier shelling out 50 bucks for. I thought about this for a while, and came to this conclusion:

Buy if...
-You're hugely into battling, and know that most online people are hardcore and will whoop ass if you aren't also.
-You want to get the absolute most out of the franchise (be it by collecting all the extra DS goodies from Battle Revolution or vice-versa)

Don't buy if...
-You don't have everything necessary (DS, Wii, wireless internet that is compatible)
-You're only a casual player of the DS games
-You want more than online battling or a fluff single-player mode

If anyone on the fence follows those guidelines, they should be content with whatever they choose to do.

As for the game, I'm very relieved that you the player are actually a team manager, as opposed to being the trainer. That means all points and purchased goodies aren't tied into one specific trainer, and you can make a new team and still keep all the points and unlocked apparel.

FELIPE NO
Azingno
Carob Nut

Member 22663

Level 5.67

Jun 2007

Old Jun 30, 2007, 07:56 PM #32 of 54
I'll tell you guys one thing. I HATE the fortune battles, the oppondents have shitty monsters and when they get mine. I get my ass beat, so there's no way i'll be able to beat the fortune battle unless there's some kind of loop hole to the wheel.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dekoa

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 09:52 PM #33 of 54
El, that Tyranitar kicked my ass. Of course I chose just the right pokemon for it to kick my ass with so that is another thing. Still I think it might just be a little broke.

As for the fortune battles, I've found a way to guestimate what you get. Also, it's really useful to know the weaknesses of your own pokemon when you are battling them. I've gotten through mine without any difficulty.

Edit: Just had my second battle with a friend from GFF. Quite good actually. It finally made me decide that my pokemon team isn't broken and that I still don't know enough about the pokemon world. It took me one attack to find out that a psychic pokemon was actually a psychic/fighting type. After that, I just jumped forward.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Dekoa; Jun 30, 2007 at 10:46 PM.
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:09 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2007, 09:09 PM #34 of 54
Ick, I also hate the Fortune Battles with an extreme passion. There's more than likely some way to time the selection, but the timing is definitely a hit-or-miss situation. I always wind up with a damn Kakuna if I don't get the timing down exactly right. I eventually grew tired of the one-sidedness and used a rental team instead of my normal team. The battles aren't nearly as quick, but at least I can scrounge up a victory if I don't get Pokemon that are all that great.

Anyway, I'll post a friend code later. I'm a wee bit busy working on Stargazer Colosseum Set 5.

Spoiler:
DAMN YOU JOE AND YOUR LEGENDARY DOGS/CATS/WHATEVER THE HELL THEY ARE TOO.

Last edited by Identity Crisis; Jun 30, 2007 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Moar stuff.
Kuhazan
Chocobo

Member 2170

Level 11.38

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:33 PM #35 of 54
So you need friend codes to not play random people online on this game? I don't have a DS or GBA so I have no older Pokemon games... never been a handheld player.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 03:11 AM Local time: Jul 1, 2007, 01:11 AM #36 of 54
Well, how else would you not play random people?

And we're talking about Wii Friend Codes here. DS Friend Codes are only relevant to DS Wi-Fi battles.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, don't even consider thinking about buying this game. It's just not playable if you're only using rental pokemon.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jul 1, 2007 at 03:15 AM.
Azingno
Carob Nut

Member 22663

Level 5.67

Jun 2007

Old Jul 1, 2007, 12:05 PM #37 of 54
Well I managed to get through the Fortune battles, but here's something wonderful people, there's an arena where you cant use the monsters you have, but instead you get RANDOM monsters each battle. So if you're hoping to use your great team of whatever then too bad. You'll have to stratigise your way through it.

Also added you guys, thanks for PMing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 12:45 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2007, 10:45 AM #38 of 54
I like the random battles, you're given a pool of about 20 random pokemon and both sides choose four from that pool. You're both stuck with the same (oftentimes shitty) pokemon, so you have to strategize correctly and anticipate what pokemon your opponent will select in the beginning.

Beats the hell out of getting stuck with a Charmeleon holding an Oran Berry while your opponent gets your Marowak holding Thick Club with Bonemerang and Earthquake. I so hate that roulette table.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 12:56 PM #39 of 54
Ugh, Sunset Colosseum? I hate that place... Especially the second time around... At the moment, I'm trying to beat it at Level 50 all, I've managed to get to Dusty, but I'm always stuck with the worst Pokemon.

Even worse, we both had Magneton as our last Pokemon. It wasn't even about speed or anything because they're exactly the same. Throughout most of the battle between our last Pokemon, I go first. It's probably gonna be one last strike for each of us and that would determine the winner. Out of that situation and what had happened throughout the course of the battle, you would've hoped to go first.

WRONG.

The only moment throughout that whole battle I had to go second was the final blow that would've meant certain death to both of us.

Now I gotta deal with crappy Pokemon again just to unlock a damn Lucario outfit.

Most amazing jew boots
Azingno
Carob Nut

Member 22663

Level 5.67

Jun 2007

Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:15 PM #40 of 54
I! FUCKING! HATE! THE CHOICE ARENA!

I just had my ass beat THREE TIMES and out of all the loses were cheap. Either my monsters always miss or wouldnt wake up, or the comp would use the same damn ones I chose. So either way this is bullshit!

Glad there`s only four rounds cause if there was more, I would of sent a hole through the TV.

Dekoa

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 11:24 PM #41 of 54
I have yet to try the Sunset arena for the first time, so I have yet to see it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2007, 11:55 PM #42 of 54
You'll hate it with a passion. Trust us.

I didn't mind the Neon Colosseum. At least during the Fortune Battle, you had a chance of getting your own team along the way.

Azingno
Carob Nut

Member 22663

Level 5.67

Jun 2007

Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:14 AM #43 of 54
Finally passed the Sunset Arena, god that was annoying....and the funny thing was that I had no idea UPROAR did damage, so im lucky that I even beat it (I had only Rotom left while fighting that weird baboon thing). Also in the process of beating the new arena.

Also how can you tell someone's online?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 07:54 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 05:54 PM #44 of 54
Looked around at the online battling thing. Accidentally started a match when I was looking at the lobby, haha.

I also put my Friend Code in GFWiki, so yeah. Tell me if you add it and I'll do the same for you.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jul 2, 2007 at 07:57 PM.
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 08:23 PM Local time: Jul 2, 2007, 06:23 PM #45 of 54
Stargazer Arena is getting really annoying to fight through without legendaries of my own. All of the leaders appear to be sporting legendaries in almost every single one of the available slots.

Anyway, I went ahead and looked at the trainer lists on serebii to make sure I wasn't caught off guard again. Sure enough, the final battle involves fighting through almost every uber in existence. Which ubers are used are determined by which copy of Diamond and Pearl is used. Luckily, I bought Pearl since the Pearl team seems a bit more... merciful than the Diamond team.

Spoiler:

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS.

I also put up my friend code in the GFWiki (made it nice and alphabetized too!). I haven't battled online yet, so please be patient with me if I'm not quite up to speed with everything when I'm challenged.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dekoa

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:41 PM #46 of 54
I'll add Both Badass and Crisis to my list of friends, Yeah and I hate sunset arena. Though, I was able to obtain a friend pass that was aparently a rental pass of the final people, they have kick ass pokemon so I kept it for now. ALso, I suggest that you always exchange your passes so that your pokemon can be used by others.

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:30 AM #47 of 54
I always wondered what the hell Cherrim was doing there... You have all these amazing ubers... And then that...

What the hell...

Due to 8 hour MP8 stints, I haven't been able to play a whole lot, but I'm still struggling with the Sunset Colosseum. Anyone beat it the second time around? If so, tips?

How ya doing, buddy?
RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 01:19 AM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 02:19 PM #48 of 54
Sounds like the worst game every really. It's not like 3D battles and online matches were impossible on DS.

Azingno
Carob Nut

Member 22663

Level 5.67

Jun 2007

Old Jul 3, 2007, 06:55 AM #49 of 54
I always wondered what the hell Cherrim was doing there... You have all these amazing ubers... And then that...

What the hell...

Due to 8 hour MP8 stints, I haven't been able to play a whole lot, but I'm still struggling with the Sunset Colosseum. Anyone beat it the second time around? If so, tips?
I beat it infact I just beat the game yesterday! However I still need to get everything so...but yeah if you want to beat the sunset arena, use monsters that have decent attacks and use Beedrill and use his poison spikes and x-sting attack.

Most amazing jew boots
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:55 AM #50 of 54
I always avoided the Beedrill and went for the Mothim... I might just go for him.

I should stop going for the damn Shuckle there too... Power Trick can only be SO useful.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Wii] Pokemon Battle Revolution