Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Makai Senki DISGAEA

Scarletdeath
♪♫ SCARLET●D ♫♪

Member 87

Level 26.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 09:57 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 10:57 AM #26 of 38
Is this anime taking place AFTER the first game or what? By after, I'm expecting fallen Flonne instead of angel Flonne. Or are they doing the entire game storyline?

Also, this is ONE and ONLY anime I hope they will dub. The english VA for the game was excellent.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:36 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2006, 01:36 PM #27 of 38
I'm pretty curious about this, and as long as they keep that awesome humour, this will be an enjoyable show.I reallly hope that they'll let Etna do the next episode previews.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 09:25 PM #28 of 38
Well after to nights of leaving my computer on downloading it I have finally seen the promo trailer. I must say I have never been more excited for an anime than I am for this one. I've watched about six times already but it hasn't gotten that boring yet. If the animation stays as consistent as that promo it will be one of the prettiest I've seen in a good while.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:54 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 04:54 PM #29 of 38
I told you you wouldn't regret it.
It's a great promo, lot of action and jokes.

I liked the drawing of the promo, it looks much better than the models on playstation 2.

Something I'd really like to see in Disgaea is a special appereance of one or two characters from other Nippon Ichi games, like Marona from Phantom Brave.

I was speaking idiomatically.
ZeroSlash
HIKARI NE NARE!

Member 1662

Level 12.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:54 AM #30 of 38
If they were to include any characters from any of the other Nippon Ichi games I don't think it would be very appropriate unless they have some omake episodes after the bulk of the story. I personally wouldn't mind seeing some of Zetta and the other overlords myself.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by ZeroSlash; Mar 26, 2006 at 12:57 AM.
DarthSavior
PUT YA GUNS ON

Member 188

Level 12.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 04:46 AM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 11:46 PM #31 of 38
So episode 1 just aired...

Spoiler:
WTF they made Flonne be the one to wake up Laharl.

=/

FELIPE NO
Keios
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4607

Level 2.12

Apr 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 05:34 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 12:34 PM #32 of 38
Originally Posted by DarthSavior

Spoiler:
Yeah, I heard they've made quite a lot of changes, but I don't think I'd find it too interesting if the plot was exactly the same as in the game. I do miss Flonne's "Nin nin." -scene, though.

From what I've read, people have been rather disappointed with the first episode... I'll see for myself when someone subs it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 03:34 AM Local time: Apr 7, 2006, 04:34 PM #33 of 38
I was indeed disappointed with the first episode... I meant, I wouldn't want a repeat of whats in the game. However, throwing the first 5 characters into the 1st episode seemed a bit too 'fast'. Etna is comming in the 2nd episode... >_>

Somehow I will give this anime another chance in eps 2... if it doesn't pick up the plot I am gonna prolly watch it after its complete.

How ya doing, buddy?
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 08:50 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 11:50 AM #34 of 38
Did you people watched the RAW or is it already being subbed ?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
zzeroparticle
Shinkai fanatic

Member 715

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 03:25 AM Local time: Apr 11, 2006, 01:25 AM #35 of 38
I've seen the first episode, and while it's too early to judge, I definitely was not too amused with what I saw. It seemed as though the people who produced it were just trying to hard to be funny. While the game took the characters and just had them interact in a way that was natural, what happened in the first episode was forced. I think this is more of an attempt to cash in on the success of the game rather than to make a quality series.

The introduction of three certain characters certainly did not come at a time that even fit the events that was happening. At the very least, they could have introduced Etna at that point and had a bit more verbal sparring than what actually occurred. Oh well, at least we'll get a chance to see Etna and the prinny squad in ep. 2.

Still, this isn't a good start to a (supposedly) comedic series. The producers should take a few hints from School Rumble Nigakki for some pointers on how to do things as that is a series that manages to give me good expectations for the rest of the season while maintaining its humor.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 06:38 PM #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSavior

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
My expecation for this show just went to zero.

Seriously, what kind of retard alters a game that was pratically an episodic anime to begin with?

I should reserve judgment until I actually see it though. Is there a fansub available yet?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Apr 11, 2006, 06:52 PM Local time: Apr 12, 2006, 02:52 AM #37 of 38
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
I should reserve judgment until I actually see it though. Is there a fansub available yet?
Yes, but I recommend waiting for other groups, AnimeU not only uses a shitty font, but they've got stuff like this in there:

And what Laharl said doesn't even mean "you tramp" in that context.

Anyway, I watched this a bit back and was sorely disappointed. Despite what was promised, the show feels like a saturday morning cartoon after all. I'm still not liking the character designs and all of the faces look deformed most of the time. While I don't like the story changes they've made
Spoiler:
(Flonne showing up so soon, putting more emphasis on her from the start, no Etna at all in the first ep and Gordon appearing already)
, it shouldn't really matter if the show would be fun to watch (the Japanese VAs are at least retained from the game), but so far the banter and few fights that were there just haven't done it for me.

The show simply lacks the charm and wit of Disgaea, the delirious sense of fun is just not there.

I was speaking idiomatically.

evilboris
*stare*

Member 309

Level 24.31

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 09:34 AM Local time: May 8, 2006, 03:34 PM #38 of 38
OK, so now there is a non-shitty group doing the subs, does anyone still watching this thinks that the video quality went down to shit? Animation is next to nonexistant and Laharls body looks something like a badly drawn Beavis & Butthead.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Makai Senki DISGAEA