Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Rant] Face it people. None of the Mana games are any good.

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Dec 2, 2006, 11:42 PM Local time: Dec 2, 2006, 09:42 PM #26 of 34
Originally Posted by RABicle
By today's standards the game isn't good, hell objective eyes might even see it as inferior to current Mana games.
Whomever actually thinks that should be taken out back and shot in the face. Opinions should no longer belong to them.

How ya doing, buddy?
nanstey
CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!

Member 902

Level 10.66

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 11:18 AM Local time: Dec 3, 2006, 11:18 AM #27 of 34
I loved Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3, both were in fact excellent. I don't know why SE keeps pouring money into the Mana series when it hasn't made anything decent in about 10 years, though...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
That which is, is. Sink or swim. - Wiliiam Shakespeare. There is no ignorange, there is knowledge. - From the Code of the Jedi
Kimchi
Sup GFF faggots, who can't handle shit?

Member 552

Level 27.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 3, 2006, 07:25 PM #28 of 34
This topic is complete bullshit. It's like comparing CS:S with BF2. Or Guildwars with WoW or RO. This is complete opinion based.

I personally liked Mana better when it comes to old-school games. I never liked any of LoZ that came out before LoZ:OOT

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Conan-the-3rd
[Insert genie + computing pun here]

Member 2804

Level 19.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 03:50 AM Local time: Dec 4, 2006, 09:50 AM #29 of 34
I agree the series never realy picked back up to Dunsetu 3's (Whilst not perfect in any sence of the word, still good) standards and that LTTP doesn't hold up as it used to in this "Use can actualy use your shield to actualy protect yourself" world of ours.

This is coming from someone who's first SD was Secret Of Mana and his first Zelda was Zelda OOT.

I was speaking idiomatically.
All I'm saying is that if the laptops of the future are not in the
shape of chibi genie girls then I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
Cal
_

Member 76

Level 25.37

Mar 2006

Old Dec 4, 2006, 08:30 AM Local time: Dec 4, 2006, 11:30 PM #30 of 34
Rab, I think it's fair to say you're on No Fist this week.

Much as I disdain JRPGs, you can't contend that the Manas are fundamentally poor games because Zelda happens to (in fact) be a better series; it's retarded. I haven't a problem with the comparison--I question the assumption that genre is the Only Valid Criterion Ever as well--but your foundation's pretty gay.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
LlooooydGEEEOOORGE
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 01:41 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 01:41 PM #31 of 34
Originally Posted by PS3icle
Just face it guys. The series is a joke, it's not getting any better, and these tenuously related games wouldn't sell at all if they didn't have 'Mana' tacked onto their name somewhere.
Seiken Densetsu 3 > Seiken Densetsu 2 > Link to the Past > Legend of Mana > Children of Mana > Seiken Densetsu 1 > * > You > Sword of Mana.

The natural order of things.

Children of Mana's soundtrack is pretty decent too.

FELIPE NO
Xhaos
Bringer of the White Dawn

Member 6442

Level 2.62

May 2006

Old Dec 5, 2006, 05:18 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2006, 05:18 PM #32 of 34
Personally, I've enjoyed every mana game up to date and still enjoy to play them every now and then. The music in the games is different then any other game/series I've played, which to me is a good thing. While they have gotten of track just a bit from the earlier Seiken Densetsu's, mostly with the selection of characters now, I believe it is still a great series, and should have a great future ahead. Heroes of Mana I heard will be great.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

I stand alone, the moon my only friend. I am neither angel nor demon. Just a lonely drifter, searching for freedom from this eternal war. Is there such a thing for a freak like me?
Iris
Charizard

Member 14633

Level 3.83

Oct 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 05:18 PM #33 of 34
Sword of Mana wasn't a revolutionary game or anything, but it was still a great remake. The artwork and gameplay of the whole series has always been unique. I can understand how people might think of it as a "you either like or hate it" series, but I can't imagine the majority of gamers generally disliking it.

Most amazing jew boots
Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 10:54 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 09:54 PM #34 of 34
I think you lost most people at the "Link to the Past isn't very good" part. If you're going to go on an angry rant, it's best not to preface with an additional opinion that's so absolutely apeshit that it ruins people's ability to take anything you say seriously. I mean, I'm all for tipping over sacred cows, but if there's one game that's held up over time, it's Zelda 3. You went and poisoned your own well.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Rant] Face it people. None of the Mana games are any good.