Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Story of White Knight "Level 5 RPG for PS3"

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 07:38 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 05:38 PM #26 of 113
Well, I know this is way to premature to "speculate" about this, but as I have mentioned earlier, keeping the Japanese vocal track would be great, but it's generally the English voice cast that keeps me on my toes. If Level 5 will take a hint on FFXII's English cast and how that was executed, then, by god, this can be a winner.

Furthermore, it's been months since I've seen the FFXIII trailer and now it seems to have drumed down a bit from what I remember, perhaps it's only seeing not more than 5 seconds of actual game play that makes me edgy, whereas White Knight's development doesn't pull any punches and gives it to you with a pretty solid feel of how actual combat is going to be like. I really do hope for more than a three person party though. It's been one of the things I've really wanted in an modern RPG for quite some time.

The character models for FFXIII do look slightly more refined, but again, this is still the early stages. The armor for the "transformed" mecha (which I think takes cues from Five Star Stories and Escaflowne) could perhaps have a bit more texture, but perhaps it's me being more used to seeing "weathered" and beat up machines vs. these "supernatural" ones.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

- What we all do best -
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 08:38 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 05:38 PM #27 of 113
Yeah, Escaflowne was the first thing that came to mind with this White Knight mech. Giant suit of armor robot in medieval times.

Plus, some of the concept art looks almost Nausicaa-esque, which holds some quite steady ground with me.

If it isn't obvious enough, I'll be watching this one as more develops regarding it.

The unfortunate part is that this is probably (like when FFXIII showed at E3) the most we'll get to see of the title for quite a while now.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:39 PM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 10:39 PM #28 of 113
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
This game has been development for a good bit folks. This is what most assumed was Dark Cloud 3 when Level 5 announced they were working on an RPG for the PS3.
I thought that was Rogue Galaxy -- the game assumed to be Dark Cloud 3. That would make more sense, as the original said the "mystery title" was in development for the PS2.

Double Post:
I don't think Square-Enix actually has all that much competition considering they let Level-5 handle their largest game's transition into 3D.

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge

Last edited by SouthJag; Sep 22, 2006 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:43 PM #29 of 113
Originally Posted by SouthJag
I thought that was Rogue Galaxy -- the game assumed to be Dark Cloud 3. That would make more sense, as the original said the "mystery title" was in development for the PS2.
And I distinctly remember after seeing Unnamed RPG (PS3) for Level 5 assuming that it was Dark Cloud 3. RG was in the same situation earlier too, but the latest confusion was for this title.

Double Post:
I don't think Square-Enix actually has all that much competition considering they let Level-5 handle their largest game's transition into 3D.[/QUOTE]

That was cooperation for that one project, it's back down to brass tacks after that. Don't think this game won't rob sales from FFXIII if SE lets them upstage them.

I was speaking idiomatically.

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 01:45 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 11:45 AM #30 of 113
Here's some concept art work from White Knight - found on the Magic Box.

This sort of looks similar to the monster at the end of the trailer.

And here's that transformation mech again.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -
Cobalt Katze
This game will never come out.

Member 224

Level 20.94

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 03:01 PM Local time: Sep 23, 2006, 12:01 PM #31 of 113
Howl's moving ...city.

And the 3rd concept art is extremely remeniscant of Nausicaa.

FELIPE NO
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2006, 04:01 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 02:01 AM #32 of 113
I have gone nuts over graphics,and imagining how 2nd concept art will look in that engine.I will just roam around in the virtual beauty for hours.

Amazing job by level 5.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:40 PM #33 of 113
This is truly the perfect balance of realisim while preserving art design. Another job well done by Level 5. This is what I've been trying to tell people for a long time that not only does superior power mean better graphics but look at the natural fighting techniques, the in battle banter, and the absence of loading. This is one of the three games that I cal TRUE next gen.

MGS4
Devil May Cry 4
White Knight Story

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 02:12 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2006, 12:12 PM #34 of 113
Slayer X, post those image screenshots here from your closed WK thread. I like them very much!

- What we all do best -
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 02:20 PM #35 of 113
Here is the TGS trailer for Whit Knight in HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...13330&type=wmv

Also I am posting some HI-res screens from the game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Vash
Chocobo

Member 1502

Level 12.05

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 02:56 PM #36 of 113
I find it hard to believe that this game is only 10% done, I mean look at the gorgeousness and amazingness!! How could this game be only 10% complete? I ask you! lol

Like some one posted earlier, this game has huge potential to grow and enhance itself even more, looking forward to it. This, DMC4, and the two FFXIII games are enough for me to buy a PS3.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Sig and ava made by me
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 03:12 PM #37 of 113
It might only be 10% done content wise, because the engine and what not look pretty well 100% done to me.

Zeta26
Good Chocobo

Member 1280

Level 18.12

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 11:17 AM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 08:17 AM #38 of 113
Like Rogue Galaxy. I can bet that SCEA will also pick up this title as well.

~Fav Radiant Dawn Character~
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 07:09 PM #39 of 113

I like how this will live up to the hype.

FELIPE NO
SouthJag
Gold Chocobo

Member 1189

Level 30.45

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 07:13 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 07:13 PM #40 of 113
Bwahahaha. That hilariously owns. Thank you Soldier -- thank you.

Most amazing jew boots

Reading --
Bleach, Claymore, Chun Rhang Yhur Jhun, NOW,
Zero: Beginning of the Coffin, Black God,
Twelve Kingdoms (novels), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Watching --
Bleach
Playing --
Fable II, Valkyria Chronicles, Guitar Hero: World Tour,
Star Ocean: First Departure, LittleBigPlanet,
MegaMan 9, Mirror's Edge
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 07:43 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 07:43 PM #41 of 113
So far I like some of the technical aspects of it, like real-time combat, and some of the natural progression from Chrono Trigger, like multi-member specials and such.

As for the Ultraman bit, I'm not really impressed so far. Hueg like xbox bosses aren't going to do much for me if the story and music flag behind. Frankly, I'm not a big fan of past Level 5 games, so I'll have to see it to believe it.

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 08:50 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 06:50 PM #42 of 113
Wow, I'm surprise that this title has caught on to be featured in comics as well. The more I see the whole transformation Escaflowne/Five Star Stories-wannabe-mechs, the more it sort of turns me off. Remember Xenosaga? I only used those things like, what, once maybe. That game had terrible intergration of when you're supposed to use it and if it really had any advantages.

This will probably be the first game I'll take a serious look into, however as mentioned before, quite a bit of an RPG is riding on the story and some weight on the music as well.

- What we all do best -
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 09:00 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 06:00 PM #43 of 113
Man some of you are cynical as hell. No wonder some people think the gaming industry is going downhill. Some people have built their expectations so high it will be impossible to ever please them.

Most amazing jew boots
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 09:02 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 07:02 PM #44 of 113
Not me. I liked how I watched the trailer at work and started a small crowd around my cubicle ^__^.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

- What we all do best -
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 09:08 PM #45 of 113
Cetra: Not me, if it has pretty lights and solid gameplay I'm in. And a good story is sometimes nice. After that as long as it's not called Halo I'm as good as gold.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 09:21 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 07:21 PM #46 of 113
Originally Posted by Cetra
Man some of you are cynical as hell. No wonder some people think the gaming industry is going downhill. Some people have built their expectations so high it will be impossible to ever please them.
More like some people are staying grounded. I don't know about you, but I find it retarded to declare a game we've seen so little of "awesome". Looks great, yeah, but we haven't even been shown much of what this game supposedly hinges on-- big, giant, epic battles with colossal enemies in mech-like suit thingamajiggers.

See, they haven't even come up with the fancified title for the mechs yet.

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Sep 25, 2006 at 09:24 PM.
Freddy Krueger
Good Chocobo

Member 1982

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 09:31 PM #47 of 113
I don't know why people keep calling them mechs, they are ancient white knights that are from a time long ago.

FELIPE NO
Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 06:32 PM #48 of 113
Originally Posted by Generic Badass
More like some people are staying grounded. I don't know about you, but I find it retarded to declare a game we've seen so little of "awesome". Looks great, yeah, but we haven't even been shown much of what this game supposedly hinges on-- big, giant, epic battles with colossal enemies in mech-like suit thingamajiggers.

See, they haven't even come up with the fancified title for the mechs yet.
Oh god, I'm sorry to inform everyone that we are no longer allowed to be excited for anything ever again. You must take the pessimistic and skeptical stance on everything. Not only that but be sure to focus on the potential flaws and never acknowledge the strengths of anything.

After all, by pointing out the flaws and potential problems of a game we know little about makes you a 'grounded' individual while expressing the strengths that you observe makes you retarded.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 09:49 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 09:49 PM #49 of 113
Originally Posted by Cetra
What the fuck? Disliking Power Rangers in my medeival knight stories doesn't mean I have high expectations.

Quote:
After all, by pointing out the flaws and potential problems of a game we know little about makes you a 'grounded' individual while expressing the strengths that you observe makes you retarded.
We can't very well say it will have a good story if all they show us is generic fantasy fare. Looking at the technical parts of the game is just about all we can do right now.

I make it a point not to talk about how good a game is based on how good the graphics look. I'm sorry you do. Now please don't go apeshit just because someone doesn't buy into your groupthink.

Cetra
oh shi-

Member 445

Level 24.23

Mar 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 10:11 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 07:11 PM #50 of 113
Originally Posted by Skexis
What the fuck? Disliking Power Rangers in my medeival knight stories doesn't mean I have high expectations.
Hahaha, thank you for perfectly defining the cynical point. YOUR medieval knight story huh?

Quote:
We can't very well say it will have a good story if all they show us is generic fantasy fare. Looking at the technical parts of the game is just about all we can do right now.
I don't remember saying otherwise. I just said I find it amazing people are so quick to take a pessimistic view on something we know little about rather than a optimistic view.

Quote:
I make it a point not to talk about how good a game is based on how good the graphics look. I'm sorry you do. Now please don't go apeshit just because someone doesn't buy into your groupthink.
Oh I've been talking about how good the game is based on its graphics? Mind quoting me on that? I'm having a bit of a mental block and cannot recall ever posting such a thing.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Story of White Knight "Level 5 RPG for PS3"