Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Blind Dates
Closed Thread

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:42 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 09:42 PM #26 of 53
Originally Posted by Visavi
Oh honey... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Trigunnerz
!!!

Member 814

Level 22.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 12:15 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 09:15 PM #27 of 53
He looks just "average" though the way he dresses is a bit odd. To be honest, most of you guys here fall under that "average" category. Well probably "above-average" for most. So why dog on him?

And Encephalon, I guess you don't like pious girls, though some are crazy Jesus loving freaks. What's wrong if she's Catholic? The no sex before marriage hurts? Or was she the preacher type?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Dance party!

Last edited by Trigunnerz; Aug 9, 2006 at 01:49 AM.
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 08:26 AM #28 of 53
Heck I guess you could just try, go on this date, if you really don't like him, shoot him down. Maybe he could turn out to be a real casanova and sweep you off your feet .

(If he's a creepy pedophilic stalker then run...run for your life...lol it'd be jks to see a girl running from a date)

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:49 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 08:49 AM #29 of 53
Originally Posted by Trigunnerz
What's wrong if she's Catholic?
I'm atheist

Quote:
The no sex before marriage hurts?
Not really. I wasn't in itto get married. It was just a blind date and, sweet limping jesus, it was just not for me.

Quote:
Or was she the preacher type?
Silly me. I didn't link you guys to the follow-up date after that first one.

DAT BIBLE CLAN AIN'T NUTTIN' TO FUCK WIT

I was speaking idiomatically.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:44 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 10:44 AM #30 of 53
I see what you mean in your entry. Oh, and my friend finally sent me a couple of pictures of the guy.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ure/loser1.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ure/loser2.jpg
Stay away. Look at that fucking shirt! His hair looks like a damn helmet... but worst of all... his gums are red and puffy which is the most disgusting thing. I coudn't stand to date anybody who had bad oral hygiene. This dude looks like he's a few Mt. Dew's away from periodontal disease. He also needs to shave that shit off his face.

I went on a blind date a few months ago, but it didn't really work out too well. She was only 19 (and I'm 24) and the age gap was a little much. She was cute and all, but it seemed like she was trying too hard to get me to like her. She kept asking me a ton of questions so the conversation wouldn't go dry, but I could tell that she wasn't acutally listening as much as she was planning her next question. Since then, I've seen her around a few times and she continues to be flirty which is pretty cool. It's too bad that she didn't just loosen up and be herself cause I'm sure she's probably a cool chick.

Either way, good luck on your blind date, but if he leans in for the goodnight kiss, be careful.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 03:02 PM #31 of 53
It could be worse. He could be wearing a Dragonball Z silk button up shirt.

FELIPE NO
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 04:27 PM #32 of 53
Originally Posted by Wojo
It could be worse. He could be wearing a Dragonball Z silk button up shirt.
...lol...he could also be cosplaying...sailor moon...*shudders*

Encephalon: too bad that girl was so...yeah...but heck I guess it's good that she got it out early, so you didn't waste a couple more dates eh?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 05:19 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 03:19 PM #33 of 53
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
Since then, I've seen her around a few times and she continues to be flirty which is pretty cool. It's too bad that she didn't just loosen up and be herself cause I'm sure she's probably a cool chick.
This right here is, by far, the largest problem with blind dates. There is such a hesitation going into them that one almost feels like small talk and petty compliments are a good way to “break the ice”. In most cases, I would think that it causes more problems than one would originally see. People really should loosen up a lot more on blind dates and just be themselves instead of watered down versions of what they perceive the other wants. It shows a little bit of class and it makes the time pass a lot more comfortably. If at the end of the night you see that this just isn’t working out; too bad. Thank them for their time and be on your way.

They’re just that: DATES. Not arranged marriages.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 05:29 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 04:29 PM #34 of 53
Am I the only one that notices Vis uses lines like "I'm sick and tired of getting stuck with nice guys that are so shocked to have someone as beautiful, witty, wise, and charismatic as me" and slags on that guy (albeit with good reason) and yet we don't know what she looks like? For all we know, she's some fucking sea hag lambasting this guy.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Storm Petrel
Liquid Shadow

Member 10642

Level 6.19

Aug 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 06:06 PM #35 of 53
Well don't be so hard on her Denicalis, meanwhile, who don't you post a picture of yourself Visavi?

"Through nature's inflexible grace, I'm learning to live."
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 06:47 PM #36 of 53
Ugh. I knew fellows like him before. I bet ya $5 he has a Dragonball Z computer desktop wallpaper I dunno WHY folks wear shirts like that.

Hell, I always wear button-up shirts, but they're ONE COLOR, sleeves rolled up, and not half un-buttoned at the bottom like his. Everyone I've seen that wears a weirdass silk shirt like that (or with DBZ on it. Truth =() is the same kind of person. Very spastic, messy, and generally quite annoying. Sorry to judge a book by its cover, but the average Joe will say "I ain't putting that shit-rag on my torso."

I believe Crash said it once. You can judge someone based on how they dress as well as how well they maintain hygiene. His hair needs a snipping. This is coming from a guy who lets the hair on top of his head grow to a nice length. See profile pic to see a pic shortly before a snipping ;O

The goatee is really "wtf" to be honest. Some folks just *don't* look right with one. He certainly fits that bill.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 05:47 PM #37 of 53
Originally Posted by Storm Petrel
Well don't be so hard on her Denicalis, meanwhile, who don't you post a picture of yourself Visavi?
I'm not saying she IS a sea hag, I said for all we know. She doesn't strike me as such with how she comes across, but to criticise someone else's appearance when you have a doll up on your profile page? I tend to think the dollz people are generally fairly vapid, but she doesn't come across that way. Thus, I wonder about the double standard.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 06:58 PM #38 of 53
Originally Posted by Denicalis
Am I the only one that notices Vis uses lines like "I'm sick and tired of getting stuck with nice guys that are so shocked to have someone as beautiful, witty, wise, and charismatic as me" and slags on that guy (albeit with good reason) and yet we don't know what she looks like? For all we know, she's some fucking sea hag lambasting this guy.
Did you perhaps not read the part in parenthesis that said that was what the other guys said about me? Besides, my comments have not been nearly has harsh as the others on the forum.

Originally Posted by Storm Petrel
Because regardless of what SOME people believe (not you), I don't have a camera that I use to take constant pictures of myself. I'll ask my friend if she will send me the picture she sent the guy and then I'll post it A.S.A.P.

Most amazing jew boots

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog

Last edited by Visavi; Aug 9, 2006 at 07:04 PM.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 07:03 PM Local time: Aug 9, 2006, 07:03 PM #39 of 53
Didn't you say you had a picture of yourself on Facebook that was shown to him?

Well, we don't care for other guys' opinions =p I could tell you Bea Arthur is a drop-dead gorgeous gal through personal opinion, but that sure as shit doesn't mean everyone should promptly agree by proxy, and she should be on the cover of Glamour magazine the following week.

And no, I don't find Bea Arthur attractive

FELIPE NO
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Aug 9, 2006, 07:22 PM #40 of 53
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Didn't you say you had a picture of yourself on Facebook that was shown to him?

Well, we don't care for other guys' opinions =p I could tell you Bea Arthur is a drop-dead gorgeous gal through personal opinion, but that sure as shit doesn't mean everyone should promptly agree by proxy, and she should be on the cover of Glamour magazine the following week.

And no, I don't find Bea Arthur attractive
I used to, but I read an article on a local news site about faculty and future employers who take facebook photo's too seriously. My account is completely empty now and I got the picture from her (she was throwing a party and I was hold a Corona for a prank photo). I have to ask her to send me the photo. Actually, I think I'll see if she can send me the photo with a close-up shot just in case.

Star-Telegram Article

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

"Oh, for My sake! Will you people stop nagging me? I'll blow the world up when I'm ready."--Jehova's Blog

Last edited by Visavi; Aug 9, 2006 at 07:24 PM.
BlueEdge
Chocobo

Member 7460

Level 12.76

May 2006

Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:40 PM #41 of 53
Originally Posted by Denicalis
well at least she's not a photo-whore eh?

tell us if you decide to go on this date or not, :lolsign:

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:53 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2006, 10:53 PM #42 of 53
My account is completely empty now and I got the picture from her (she was throwing a party and I was hold a Corona for a prank photo).
You know, one time I had a car salesman come into my office and gave me a photo of himself that I can only assume was at a family gathering or barbecue. He was just standing with a Corona in his hand and the first thing he told me was, "Put this picture on my business card, but blur out the bottle of Corona; everybody's gonna think I'm a drunk."

Good times...

How ya doing, buddy?
Visavi
constella

Member 5648

Level 18.32

Apr 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 03:11 PM #43 of 53
Originally Posted by Encephalon
You know, one time I had a car salesman come into my office and gave me a photo of himself that I can only assume was at a family gathering or barbecue. He was just standing with a Corona in his hand and the first thing he told me was, "Put this picture on my business card, but blur out the bottle of Corona; everybody's gonna think I'm a drunk."
LOL, I go to a very Christian college that's trying to expel a guy b/c one of his profiles said that he was gay. The guy is trying to sue the college for a full-tuiton scholarship elsewhere. Don't know if that's possible.

I apologize for the flash in the photo, but here it is: Side View

Also, the person told me it was going to be a group meeting at first, so that helps to relax the nerves of blind dating. I'm going to meet him and talk to him to see what kind of personality and aura surrounds him (I think he's a bit nervous as well). Then, I will go from there. However, she told me the meeting may not be until September, so I'm thinking about closing the thread in a few days and posting the event in my sad excuse for a journal.

P.S. My hair is a little longer now.

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 03:13 PM #44 of 53
You look like Rosanna Arquette.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 03:37 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 01:37 PM #45 of 53
SERIOUSLY. More specifically in Pulp Fiction...

Minus the piercings, of course.

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 03:39 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 02:39 PM #46 of 53
I apologize for the flash in the photo, but here it is: Side View
Well, you seem cuter than he is, I'll give you that. Dude sort of looks like someone who would wind up with Sass.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 04:18 PM #47 of 53
Whoa. Visavi, you're very cute!!

I dont think you should go on the date. Especially because you are going off to England and your previous experience wasnt that great. You know, I hear great things about cute Britsh boys

But in all seriousness, I dont think relationships are something to be rushed. Just becuase your friends are dating or married doesnt mean you have to jump on that too. Take your time and enjoy life because you're at an age if you settle down, its probably going to be serious (not to say it shouldn't be). I mean what I'm really trying to say is that you should do what you want, not because you feel pressured by your friends.

FELIPE NO
Storm Petrel
Liquid Shadow

Member 10642

Level 6.19

Aug 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 04:39 PM #48 of 53
I agree, you look way better than that guy lol.

How ya doing, buddy?
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 06:42 PM Local time: Aug 12, 2006, 11:42 PM #49 of 53
Dear sweet lord, that kid looks like a pug. Not wanting to give you a big head or anything, but you can do SO MUCH BETTER than a greasy little guy like this. Yep... SO much better.

Storm Petrel
Liquid Shadow

Member 10642

Level 6.19

Aug 2006

Old Aug 12, 2006, 07:33 PM #50 of 53
Yes, I concur.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Blind Dates