Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Going to Japan in a month

Chairman Kaga
ALL ABOARD!

Member 592

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 07:33 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 10:33 PM #26 of 33
Originally Posted by Spatula
2) Tokyo Big Sight in Odaiba. Make sure you take the front seat of the monorail so you get a good view of the rainbow bridge.
4) Ginza - like everywhere, seriously.
Also, the Imperial gardens at the Imperial palace.
7) Tokyo Tower in Roppongi hills, its about $15 to go up I think.
2) Seconded. Also see the Fuji TV building. It's a piece of art. Also go to Megaweb.

4) Ginza - also visit the Sony Building - have ALL the lastest tech on display and can even play ps2 and psp games. Plus it's free.

7) $15? You got ripped off. Badly. I went up for free (not to the very top though). Go to the TCVB Tourist Information Center, on Hibiya Dori, at Ginza - and ask, or something. The very nice lady there gave me a free pass.

Others:
Harajuku - Jingu bridge (Jingu bashi) at Yoyogi Park (Yoyogi koen). If you're lucky on weekends, you'll find girls in crazy cosplay (gothic and the like).

Tokyo Dome City - Not for the baseball stadium, but the department store that has a ferris wheel and rollercoaster at the top! Rollercoaster ride is 1000en, and worth it. Go on a windy day if you can, 'cos when you start going up real steep, the structure moves. The ride also features going thru a hole in the department store structure.

Shibuya - Kiddyland, 5 floors of toy products, and an excuse to act like a 5 year old.

Quote:
*If there are guys giving out tissues, take them. They're great when you need instant toilet paper.
Some don't like to give out to gaijins, so take your hand out and demand you want one.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 12:55 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 10:55 AM #27 of 33
Originally Posted by Was formerly AiAi who posted suggestive sesame street pictures in my journal
Some don't like to give out to gaijins, so take your hand out and demand you want one.
Yeah, just go up to them and go "HOSHI HOSHI HOSHI!" and punch them in the face.
Spoiler:
No, don't.

You got up Tokyo Tower for free? I should try to be more thrifty next time. Kiddyland, what sort of toys are we looking at here. If it's models or at least anime PVC, then I'm interested. None of the Japanese version of Fisher Price, thanks.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

- What we all do best -
Cobra Commander
Gots to Dominate!

Member 7345

Level 13.25

May 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 05:31 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 12:31 PM #28 of 33
I dunno if this is going to help or not, but incase you ever ask for milk, make sure to say you want ICED milk, otherwise your gonna get hot milk, and I dunno maybe its just me, but I didn't like hot milk one bit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Chairman Kaga
ALL ABOARD!

Member 592

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 01:02 AM Local time: May 26, 2006, 04:02 PM #29 of 33
Kiddyland, what sort of toys are we looking at here. If it's models or at least anime PVC, then I'm interested. None of the Japanese version of Fisher Price, thanks.
When I was there, they had a bunch of Keroro Gunsou stuff like plushies. I think they had a Gundam stuff too, IIRC. Oh yeah, there was a Asuka t-shirt with profane language on it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 01:03 AM Local time: May 25, 2006, 11:03 PM #30 of 33
Quite suitable for Kiddyland. Keroro Gunsou, damn, I really need my Tamama-chan. He's so adorable.

(I'm not gay)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

- What we all do best -
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 04:39 AM Local time: May 26, 2006, 11:39 AM #31 of 33
It seems like they've got a pretty decent set up for their rooms. For a whole month, I'd go for the Guest rooms at 48,000 yen a month, about $450 USD a month, which is cheaper than the New Koyo.

The apartment is about $750 USD but its for 1 or 2 people so it might be ideal for you. $800 rent per month for one month isn't too bad, actually. If you split it then it's only 400 per person which is more than resonable. I would book ASAP as spots fill up very quickly at these types of places. Since they were in business since 1992 and can seem to have multiple language support, especially English, I'd say it's a safe bet.

Go Google their reviews. Type in something like "Sakura House + ratings or reviews" or something along those lines.
yes but remember i said you got to book a week before you move in :P? That's why i want a back-up plan ^^

no homo
Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 08:45 AM Local time: May 26, 2006, 06:45 AM #32 of 33
Then put a reservation for perhaps a week at a hostel, so in case the first option isn't available, then you can have plan B. Bring the phone list along and the addresses etc, so when you get into Japan, you can phone up the other one and cancel. Just ask before hand if there's a penalty for cancelling the reservation. Some are nice while others might ask for a deposit.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

- What we all do best -
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:45 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 11:45 PM #33 of 33
that's a great idea! thank you very much spatula =)

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Going to Japan in a month