Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Lockerbie Bomber is free...

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:31 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 01:31 AM #26 of 81
I don't care who he killed - Americans, Brits, Scots, whoever - it shouldn't make a hair of difference.

And what is releasing him going to do to stop future attacks? He was pretty much rewarded a flight home to be with his family as he died - Pretty decent reward for 270 murders.
The fact you don't understand how showing a populace that thinks you're cruel and hateful a bit of compassion is good for public relations just proves what a hateful, small-minded person you, yourself, are.

Oh god. He got to go home just before he died of a painful disease! Clearly there was no punishment handed out.*

*please note decades in prison and having cancer do not count as bad things to happen to a person in the world of Locke.

You're a hair's breadth away from being one of the "They hate us for our Freedom" ignorants, Locke. What the fuck.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:32 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 02:32 AM 4 #27 of 81
Look at when McVeigh died - any big deal about that? Not particularly - defiantly not something that world leaders condemned/applauded.
I wouldn't quite say that.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:38 AM #28 of 81
Deni,

I've had family suffer and pass from that terrible disease, yet it still does not change what that man did in his life. A murderer with cancer, is still a murderer, whichever way you slice it. If you have sympathy for him, fine - I'll let you explain that to the families of his victims - it shouldn't be a problem right?

I wouldn't be able to do it. Maybe I'm hateful and small minded - but I couldn't tell a mother that it was OK her son's murderer was given a free ride home to die with his family - when her son wasn't given that at all.

A life sentence is just that - a life sentence. Why should he be released because he is sick and going to die anyways? Why should he be allowed a hero's welcome as he returns home, a triumphant murderer.The only public relations this did was make the man a hero, and he will die a hero and a martyr, more so then if he had died in Scotland.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Last edited by Locke; Aug 21, 2009 at 02:45 AM. Reason: order... for some reason it didn't come out right.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:42 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 03:42 PM 1 #29 of 81
Hey Locke, since when did those 270 families appoint you as their spokesperson? I must have missed the press release.

Most amazing jew boots
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:44 AM #30 of 81
When did Deni get appointed as al-Megrahi's? What's your point?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:51 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 01:51 AM #31 of 81
Deni,

I've had family suffer and pass from that terrible disease, yet it still does not change what that man did in his life. A murderer with cancer, is still a murderer, whichever way you slice it. If you have sympathy for him, fine - I'll let you explain that to the families of his victims - it shouldn't be a problem right?

I wouldn't be able to do it. Maybe I'm hateful and small minded - but I couldn't tell a mother that it was OK her son's murderer was given a free ride home to die with his family - when her son wasn't given that at all.

A life sentence is just that - a life sentence. Why should he be released because he is sick and going to die anyways? Why should he be allowed a hero's welcome as he returns home, a triumphant murderer.The only public relations this did was make the man a hero, and he will die a hero and a martyr, more so then if he had died in Scotland.
And are you okay with going to this man's family and telling him he has to die in prison, alone and without proper care because you're mad?

I'm not defending him, I'm defending the logic in being decent rather than spiteful.

But you're cool with the hate, so good on you.

How ya doing, buddy?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:52 AM 1 #32 of 81
Letting a man free does not make him "more of a martyr"

What has been done defuses his status as a martyr.

You are using the word in a manner precisely opposite to that of its actual meaning.

He will be a "hero" until he dies, at which point he will be forgotten since nothing terribly awful really happened to him. His candidacy for martyrdom has been revoked.

The whole point of martyrdom is to die painfully at the hands of your enemies so the survivors have something to get good and mad about.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:01 AM #33 of 81
And are you okay with going to this man's family and telling him he has to die in prison, alone and without proper care because you're mad?

I'm not defending him, I'm defending the logic in being decent rather than spiteful.

But you're cool with the hate, so good on you.
Nice skirt around the question - the scots should hire you to their PR!

And I would be fine with it - their son did wrong, he doesn't deserve a reprieve. Just because he's got cancer doesn't take away any horror away from his crime. So why does he get a reprieve when others don't?

I'm not all hateful anyways - just pisses me off when I see such a travesty of justice.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Need a pilot? PM Me.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:01 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 02:01 AM #34 of 81
Okay there Hammuravi.

You keep acting like you're not the crazy, vicious one here.

Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:03 AM #35 of 81
Again... Won't answer the question.

Need a pilot? PM Me.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:06 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 02:06 AM #36 of 81
Because you miss the point.

The suffering of a few hundred families is sad, but it isn't what we base a system of justice on. Why do you think the American version has her blindfolded, you fucking twat?

You don't get it, Locke. You haven't gotten it since word one. I'm not going to continue to make valid point after valid point, only to have you ignore it in the search for your own misguided definition of justice and right. If you want to follow Hammuravi, go for it. But don't be shocked when I tell you you're a barbaric, backwards twit.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:09 AM #37 of 81
I see I've gotten a rise out of you - and you still refuse to answer the question - leads me to believe that you couldn't tell the families what you are telling me. Shows you something right there about yourself now doesn't it?

At least I'm honest about what I say.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Need a pilot? PM Me.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:13 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 02:13 AM #38 of 81
I see I've gotten a rise out of you - and you still refuse to answer the question - leads me to believe that you couldn't tell the families what you are telling me. Shows you something right there about yourself now doesn't it?

Last time, moron.

I'm personally outraged at his actions. I think he's a terrible human being. But the system is there so our personal feelings don't take precedent over being a decent human being because of our clouded rationality and emotional reactions.

You're right, though. It shows me I'm able to comprehend logic and make informed, reasonable, rational decisions while you are a two year old moving between emotional outrage and pouting.

Good job, hero. You're an honest ignorant child. Just like my year old nephew.

Do you spit up on your high chair, too? Feel free to also be proud of that accomplishment.

Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:15 AM #39 of 81
Again... No answers... Hypocrite.

How ya doing, buddy?
Need a pilot? PM Me.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:16 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 02:16 AM #40 of 81
Again... No answers... Hypocrite.
I see you understand the word hypocrite as much as you understand the word martyr.

Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:16 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 12:16 AM #41 of 81
You've gotten a rise and dishonest answer out of exactly nobody, here, Locke.

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:17 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 04:17 PM #42 of 81

So you're arguing based on that? Tell you what, go look up the term "emotional appeal" and get back to us.

Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:19 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 03:19 AM 1 #43 of 81
Could you kindly answer mine?

What others are being deprived of similar treatment?
For some reason, when I hear him talking about this, I think of people convicted of war crimes at Nuremberg. And remember that several of those convicted, including two sentenced to life imprisonment, were released due to ill health.

Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:20 AM #44 of 81
Meh - I told you all how I feel, and why I feel it - I understand that nothing I could say could change your minds. It's just the way it works online.

I'm heading to bed now - gotta fly in the morning. Ciao.

Most amazing jew boots
Need a pilot? PM Me.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:22 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 02:22 AM #45 of 81
Meh - I told you all how I feel, and why I feel it - I understand that nothing I could say could change your minds. It's just the way it works online.

I'm heading to bed now - gotta fly in the morning. Ciao.
And we told you why what you feel is small minded and has nothing to do with justice.

Feel free to "feel" your way into reading a few books before the next time you talk. Truthiness is funny but not at all applicable in the real world.

I was speaking idiomatically.

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:28 AM 4 #46 of 81
It's not the lack of precedent for his position that bothers me as much as the notion that prisoners should receive treatment dependent entirely on the opinion of the families of victims.

"Mrs. Harris, new DNA tests have shown that Gerry Woods could not have possibly killed your daughter, therefore we're freeing him."

"Well, that's bullshit and it makes me mad!"

"Oh, well, in that case. Lock him back up, boys!"

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:33 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 02:33 AM #47 of 81
No, he wants prisoners punishments to be decided by emotionally vested tools on the internet who want nothing more than vengeance.

How ya doing, buddy?

Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:37 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 10:37 AM #48 of 81
The reason we have a legal system is because it is meant to be unbiased and uninterested in things like revenge.
You can hate him all you want, but the system doesn't. That's how it's meant to work.
I agree with this utterly and completely. There's no bullshit, it's straight down and freed from human emotion.

And for this exact reason, I don't see why he should go free all of a sudden. Somehow 'care' got involved.

EDIT:
No, he wants prisoners punishments to be decided by emotionally vested tools on the internet who want nothing more than vengeance.
Why was he just freed?

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:38 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 02:38 AM #49 of 81
I agree with this utterly and completely. There's no bullshit, it's straight down and freed from human emotion.

And for this exact reason, I don't see why he should go free all of a sudden. Somehow 'care' got involved.
No it didn't. Politics did.

See Pang's argument concerning martyrdom.

Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:43 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2009, 10:43 AM #50 of 81
Then maybe too much softness has gone into politics for my taste, I don't know.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Lockerbie Bomber is free...