Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

If you can have a fast food open up near you

Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 01:27 PM Local time: May 22, 2007, 12:27 PM #26 of 60
Canada doesn't have Sonic, In-N-Out, Jack-in-the-Box, Taco Bell or Chipotle. I'd like them all to come up here so I can at least try them out, but the one I'd go to first is a Taco Bell, since a friend eats there quite often and he loves it. Besides, I want my McDonalds several blocks down the road to die. I've been forced to eat their food once a week and it has no flavor. ~_~

I would also love to see a place that serves Chinese food. Steamed vegetables, chow mein and sweet 'n sour chicken on the go = awesome.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 01:34 PM #27 of 60
Canada doesn't have Taco Bell? I mean, it's nothing special, but it's certainly passable for such a cheap price. Canadian McDonalds automatically win because they have Double Big Macs, unlike their American counterparts.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
K_ Takahashi
Banned

Member 2103

Level 26.24

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 02:37 PM #28 of 60
Taco Bell would most likely be at the top of the list for me seeings how we dont have one for nearly 40 miles (and hell...that one JUST opened up).

I could see places like Sonic being a seasonal thing but not really profitable so I dont see that coming anytime soon. There are rumors of a Jack-in-the-box opening up (due to thier plan of going nationwide by 2010) but I'll wait and see (only good for the 2 for 99 cents Tacos).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 03:31 PM Local time: May 22, 2007, 01:31 PM #29 of 60
How is Jack-in-the-Box? The only time I've lived near one was last summer while in California, and everyone said the food is awful and I should stay away.

Also, has anyone else ever eaten at Moe's? It's kinda like a Chipotle or Qdoba, but they have a bit more variety and feels more like a traditional fast-food place because they give you chips with every meal (at least I think they do, I've only eaten there twice with my parents).

I was speaking idiomatically.
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 05:46 PM Local time: May 22, 2007, 04:46 PM #30 of 60
I would love for a Dairy Queen to open up in my area. I love DQ's ice cream concoctions and their regular food isn't bad either (from what I remember). Texas has a shitload of Dairy Queens, but for some reason my area is completely devoid of them. I remember driving west on I-20 heading to Lubbock a few months back and every single resting place with food and gas had a DQ, which left me wondering why they don't build one where I live. They'd make a killing.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 05:53 PM Local time: May 22, 2007, 03:53 PM #31 of 60
I've always liked DQ, but felt their service was too slow and prices were noticeably higher than that of typical fast food places, so I've hardly found reasons for dropping by there.

Also, how much does a blizzard cost nowadays? I remember they used to be fairly cheap, but last time I went to one I think a small was more than $3.50.

Most amazing jew boots
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 06:45 PM Local time: May 22, 2007, 05:45 PM #32 of 60
I have no clue how much a blizzard is now because I haven't been to a DQ in forever. If you're right, though, that's pretty expensive though I'd pay it to get my Blizzard fix every so often. To answer your question about Jack-in-the-Box earlier, the food's not too bad in my opinion but I hardly ever eat there because the prices are so high.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 07:37 PM Local time: May 22, 2007, 04:37 PM #33 of 60
Jack In The Box is pretty low quality food. They're stuff on the 99 cent menu is good for the price, but the rest isn't worth it. They're shakes, however, are pretty damn good (I don't remember how much they are, though).

Most amazing jew boots
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 07:55 PM Local time: May 22, 2007, 06:55 PM #34 of 60
I'd kill for a Round Table Pizza, but those are only on the West Coast. They used to have this Hawaiian pizza that was to die for.
=O! I have so many memories of RoundTable as a child. My second babysitters took me there too. It was probably my first real experience with arcade games.

This is hard for me. There's a chili based chain of restaurants in the Los Angeles area called Tommy's. Fucking awesome chili cheese ANYTHING. Plus it's from LA so that gets to me.

For the real vague I'd love to have a Badger Cafe here. Was a Wisconsin Badgers/Packers football place in Vegas. Fucking awesome deep friend food, beer battered french fries, chicken fingers, deep frien pickles (=o) and whatnot. Awesome food and chea.

Now, more in general, an Arbys or a Carls Jr./Hardy's would be awesome. I hear so much good shit about Sonic though that it'd have to be considered.

Last edited by Such a Lust for Revenge!; May 22, 2007 at 07:58 PM.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 03:19 PM #35 of 60
Also, has anyone else ever eaten at Moe's? It's kinda like a Chipotle or Qdoba, but they have a bit more variety and feels more like a traditional fast-food place because they give you chips with every meal (at least I think they do, I've only eaten there twice with my parents).
There's a Moe's in the National Place food court a block from my office. I ate there once for dinner; after 3pm you get a burrito, chips, a drink and a cookie for like $6. It was good, especially for the price. I'd eat there for lunch, because 3 out of 5 days I end up at that food court, but the line for Moe's is always really long. Not sure why it's more popular than the other food there (Five Guys Burgers, Quiznos, a good pizza and chinese food place, among others), but it's faster to get food somewhere else during the day.

As for Dairy Queen, I love their Strawberry Banana Blizzard with Vienna Fingers, but almost none of their franchises still sell that flavor (haven't seen it for a few years). Failing that, the Strawberry Cheesequake is ok. Prices and Blizzard flavors seem to vary widely depending on the location and who owns the franchise.

Most amazing jew boots
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 03:22 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 01:22 PM #36 of 60
I didn't know you were in DC, nutty. Five Guys expanded outside of the city to Pittsburgh last fall and it's a delicious treat. <3

(That's also possibly the best food court I've ever heard of. All it needs is a Chick-Fil-A and I'd never leave.)

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 03:29 PM #37 of 60
Cheap fast food is really hard to come by downtown (I work within a few blocks of the American History Museum and the White House). There's a McDonald's a block away that FAILS everytime in understanding what I've ordered, a food court downstairs with a Sbarro and Subway (which are crazy crowded), and lots of Potbellys (good sandwiches) and Quiznos. Burger King and Wendy's are a few stops down on the Metro, but they jack their prices up in addition to the 10% food tax. If you want Taco Bell, any kind of chicken (Popeyes, KFC, etc), Boston Market, or any other chain you've heard of, forget it. No Chick-Fil-As, although that was the only branded fast food place on the UNC-CH campus, so I got my fill there.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 03:31 PM #38 of 60

Yeah, I remember Grandy's! Isn't that the place that served foods similar to home cooking? Like Cotton Patch? Its been a while. I live around in the eastern part of Texas and had seen plenty of places around there (surprisingly for a sleepy town).

And you're right about the DQs in Texas, they're just like everywhere. I love DQs but gee... I go for Sonic instead though.

Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 06:31 PM Local time: May 24, 2007, 05:31 PM #39 of 60
Holy shit I totally forgot about Dairy Queen. They have the most awesome chicken fingers/Chicken strip salads. Plus the awesome desserts. =OOOOOOO

FELIPE NO
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2007, 01:15 AM #40 of 60
Quote:
WHAT WOULD IT BE.

Yeahhhhh... Sonic Drive In is finally opening up nearby me which is SO awesome in itself. Back in Texas, I lived near one and often got good stuff from them. Good experiences from that place and hopefully this place will live it up too!

I really love their menu with variety and I'm a fan of their fountain drinks (tiny ice cubes ftw) as well as their shakes.

Sonic is not all its cracked up to be as some say. And yes, its true Sonics rather focuses on the drink than the food itself. Trust me, I work there. And yes the food are overpriced...and I do agree with you on that. I personally prefer the Large Coconut CremePie Shake with Strawberry and OJ. Good stuff. And no we don't spit in people's food.

IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2007, 01:19 AM Local time: May 28, 2007, 01:19 AM #41 of 60
As a fair amount of you have mentioned, Jack in the box, definitely. I'd also like to see a Taco Cabana, and Wienerschnitzel.

My family travels a lot so I've been exposed to a wide range of fast food joints over the past 20 years. Those three would have to be my all time favorites, though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 07:28 AM Local time: May 29, 2007, 06:28 AM #42 of 60
Jack in the Box... I remember when the Ultimate Cheeseburger was two dollars. I'd eat two of those and I'd be set. =V

I used to get gift money for McDonalds, KFC, Taco Bell and Wienerschnitzel. I got tired of all that shit fast except for Wienerschnitzel.

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 12:39 PM Local time: May 29, 2007, 11:39 AM #43 of 60
Canada doesn't have Sonic, In-N-Out, Jack-in-the-Box, Taco Bell or Chipotle. I'd like them all to come up here so I can at least try them out, but the one I'd go to first is a Taco Bell, since a friend eats there quite often and he loves it. Besides, I want my McDonalds several blocks down the road to die. I've been forced to eat their food once a week and it has no flavor. ~_~

I would also love to see a place that serves Chinese food. Steamed vegetables, chow mein and sweet 'n sour chicken on the go = awesome.
Dude, there's like three Taco Bells in my neighbourhood alone. I'm freaking sick of that place i've eaten there so often.

The fast food joint i'd want in my neighbourhood is A&W. It's about the only fast food joint i want to eat at anymore.

How ya doing, buddy?
Identity Crisis
Keeping You Warm

Member 11146

Level 26.65

Aug 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 04:23 PM Local time: May 29, 2007, 02:23 PM #44 of 60
I once had a cheeseburger at this place called Twister's a long time ago. I remember the cheeseburger being the best fast food I ever had. EVER. There was a large amount of cheeseburger meat, and it every single bite was very tasty. Granted, I guess I could go to Twister's regularly, but driving several miles for a cheeseburger is hardly worth it, especially since the cheeseburger itself costs a pretty penny. Still, I would really love to try another cheeseburger from there.

Meh, it's probably for the best that there isn't a Twister's in my town anyway. My arteries and my wallet would be taking a relentless beating every single day.

Fiddlegoof
Chicken butt!

Member 16189

Level 13.88

Nov 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 10:53 PM Local time: May 29, 2007, 08:53 PM #45 of 60
Seeing as I live in Canada eh, i don't get the oppertunity to eat at many fastfood places besides the obvious Mickey D's, A&W, Wendy's etc. Saying that, i'd like to see some American fast food companies expand in to Canada. I've always wanted to try a Jack-in-the-box burger, Sonic and according to many of you, "In-N-Out" sounds pretty tasty.

Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2007, 11:21 PM Local time: May 29, 2007, 10:21 PM #46 of 60
Dude, there's like three Taco Bells in my neighbourhood alone. I'm freaking sick of that place i've eaten there so often.

The fast food joint i'd want in my neighbourhood is A&W. It's about the only fast food joint i want to eat at anymore.
...Oh, well in that case, western Canada doesn't have Taco Bell.

Agreed on A&W, if I had to pick a fast food joint I'd want to eat at, it's that one. Shame you don't got one though

bahamuty
Celestial Chocobo

Member 1438

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 03:39 AM #47 of 60
In N Out, I couldn't believe the taste of a fast food burger could be so fresh and delicious. It's about a four hour plane ride to my nearest one.

I think I have most of the common ones: McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, KFC, Popeyes Chicken, Long John Silvers, Arbys, Taco Bell, Boston Market, Sonic. I was excited when Sonic stores became local but turned out the food wasn't great. The only fastfood place I eat at now is Boston Market.

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 10:17 AM #48 of 60
I remember when Boston Market was affordable, 7-8 years ago when I was in college. Since then, their prices have gone up and their portion sizes have decreased. I still eat there every so often, but mostly they're not worth the price.

As for Long John Silvers, all the ones around me are located in the ghetto. There's one in PG county, down the street from where I used to live, and there's one in a ghetto part of Baltimore fairly close to me now. I don't know of any LJS in MD that isn't in a bad part of town.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 03:12 PM #49 of 60
Nutty. How much were Boston's Market typical two side meal? Say chicken medallions with gravy and mashed potatoes. I always been buying the frozens of those and they're quite good for 2 bucks over here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2007, 03:30 PM #50 of 60
Nutty. How much were Boston's Market typical two side meal? Say chicken medallions with gravy and mashed potatoes. I always been buying the frozens of those and they're quite good for 2 bucks over here.
I want to say a 2 side meal runs about $6.50, plus another $1.30 or so for a drink. Looking at their site, a couple of the one side meals costs $4.99, which isn't bad. I'm just cheap I guess. When you order the meatloaf, which is what I like, all you get is 2 little pieces; the pieces used to be bigger, and sometimes you'd get 2 1/2 to 3 pieces for a cheaper price.

When you consider that I could go to the Old Country Buffet and get an all you can eat lunch with the same types of sides and meat for $5.99 (with drink), Boston Market starts to look expensive.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > If you can have a fast food open up near you