Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Accutane - Does anyone here use it.

iamamoogle
Chimera

Member 1516

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 09:57 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 06:57 PM #26 of 34
I took acutane when i was in 8th or 9th grade so around 98 - 99 maybe? It worked really well. I had really severe acne though... a large portion of one of my cheeks was basically covered in pimples and I'd get them quite frequently. I very rarely get any acne at all now, except around my hairline or neck... It really stopped me from getting acne through the rest of my life, not just while I was taking the medication

The only side effect that I ever encountered was becoming very dry and very easily sun burned. I constantly had to have chapstick and if I was outside for any amount of time I'd have to wear sunscreen. I still tend to have to use chapstick more often, but that might just be out of habbit now...

I didn't get depressed or suicidal... not that I can recall at least. I mean, if anything, I felt better about myself and was happy that I wouldn't constantly be picking at my face and such...

I took the acutane for at least 6 months to maybe a year. Sorry, it was at least 6 or so years...

But I don't blame you for not taking it. I didn't know as much about it back then, I knew there was a risk of depression and such... but I figured that someone else or myself would notice that before the problem would escalate too far... then again, maybe I was just really lucky

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Phoque le PQ
Présentement en ligne

Member 1886

Level 9.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:32 PM #27 of 34
I took acutane in cégep (17-18 years old). BEfore that age, i took another medicine and it proved to be effective. However, it started again AND i had acnea on my cheeks (which never happened before).

Acutane did solve my acnea problem... but I don't have any skin left. It gets annoyingly dry whenever I use soap (even the most perfumeless).

How ya doing, buddy?
Radical
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 709

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:36 PM #28 of 34
My friend has been taking it for a while now, and as far as I can tell, the side effects are that his skin and lips are extremely dry (his lips crack a lot), and he gets nosebleeds a lot. I'm not sure about suicidal thoughts or any mental side effects, but he seems pretty miserable sometimes just because it dries him out so much.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:24 AM #29 of 34
I used Accutane for a few months a while back. I don't really remember having any side effects [maybe a mood swing here and there], but then again, it was a few years ago. The results however, were great. I used to have really splotchy skin on my face... And now, well. It's not. I wish I could show some before/after photos or something, but I don't think I have any lying around from before I started using it.

The thing about Accutane is that it has a lot of vitamin A, which can be hazardous if you have too much. Accutane just tends to dry you out... Not so much in the sense that you're dehydrated, but your skin will get dry. My doctor gave me a moisturizing sort of nose spray to help in case I got nosebleeds, but it never got that bad. I guess that's how it kills all the acne and such. Also, as with most any treatment... It'll get worse before it gets better. And that stood true with this.

After I stopped taking it though, it came back just a bit. I ended up using a prescribed cream for a couple weeks, and it was gone.

Most amazing jew boots
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
TGC
Wark!

Member 1326

Level 3.31

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:43 AM #30 of 34
I have taken acutane, and I have been done with it for nearly 3 years now.

Here's my opinion:

IT WORKS!

Yea i had pretty bad acne, and I had to go to a Skin Center to find out my problem. Doctor there highly recommended it.

Anyways, here's the Pros and cons from my experiences.
It works
95% less acne, the other 5% is up to you, your diet, etc ( i had some acne when i was drinking mad cola, but hardly noticeble...i stopped and it went away)

Cons:
Dry Skin...very very dry skin

They will give you a list and agreement before you take it...They list some side effects like depression, and in rare cases, death. However, I didn't feel depressed as I took it.

Also while you're taking it, the doctor should have you come in every month to get a blood sample from you, to make sure you're alright. If you feel depressed, talk to the doctor, and they will tell you to stop taking them immedietly. You only need to take it for 4-5 months, 2 times a day, and you should be acne free for life.

Just make sure you don't miss a day or anything...you should take the pills at the same time the previous day, more or less some minutes.

And keep medicated lipbalm with you at all times, you'll need massive amounts.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:44 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:44 AM #31 of 34
I took it for a long time a couple of years ago, and it helped IMENSLY. Your face becomes freakishly dry during the time your on it, however. You look like a fucking zombie, with skin constantly hanging from your dry lips. But it pays off. You've just got to tolerate being called "senor crusty" for about 6-8 months.

FELIPE NO
Kynan
Carob Nut

Member 708

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:26 PM #32 of 34
I've only recently started accutane, and so far, as everyone else has said. It DRIES the heck out of your skin and lips. X_x But so far, the only time I ever felt miserable was because of the dryness and skin hanging from my face. =p Although I'm curious, the acne gets worse for a little while right? And then it starts to clear up?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
rocketdog
formerly known as Green

Member 483

Level 23.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 02:04 AM #33 of 34
do you exercise man? exercise, be active, take care of yourself and i really think your body will take care of you back. inactivity and stress just causes more acne and you seem pretty stressed out. If I were you i would get a hobby, and just try to take my mind of it. We are products of nature, and your acne is programmed into your genetics for a reason. ANd your genetics are capable of healing too.... I think accutane is taking it a little too far personally...

u should show us a pic of ur cheek or something.

oh yes, also check out and research FLAX SEED OIL. it's good for your skin!!! i take some every day personally.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
DCII764II00
Autumn Reign

Member 934

Level 6.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:06 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 08:06 PM #34 of 34
Thanks for the replies.
Well I didn't go on accutane like I said.. and I raally think what you said is true rocketdog.. Thats really why I didn twant to take it.. It seemed like pushing the envelope on this..

I guess I am not THAT active.. Though I do use my mind a lot, and I do have hobbies, which is music, and I guess learning too... I like learning anything that interests me.. Right now Im learning flash programmin gand 3D design.. hard stuff..

I think you're right, we are products of nature, and as such.. We need to allow our selves to heal, and also take care of our selves..

Well im in for the long haul, hopefully I can get everything cleared up before Im 23.. I'd be the happiest man on earth.. I tell ya man..

OH and KAYNAN can you give updates on your progression and stuff if you can, cuz I'd really like to hear how the drug takes affect etc. all up to you!

.dc

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Accutane - Does anyone here use it.