Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

If you were the last person left on Earth

Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 08:47 AM #26 of 31
I would never be able to kill myself
I think you all underestimate the effects of boredom. Plus, solitude does whacky things to the psyche.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
PiccoloNamek
Lunar Delta Cybernetics

Member 704

Level 31.89

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 09:01 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 07:01 AM #27 of 31
Traveling around unimpeded and seeing the world (which is what I would be doing after I had collected my supplies) wouldn't be boring at all. In any case, I have an incredibly high tolerance for boredom and an even stronger will to survive.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 09:34 AM #28 of 31
I think you all underestimate the effects of boredom. Plus, solitude does whacky things to the psyche.
True, but how can you be absolutely certain you're the last man alive? The world is a big place, and unless you hop in a plane and explore all 6 (formerly) inhabited continents, you can't conclude that humanity has been wiped out. Even then, there's always the chance that some remote outpost survived. Unless you're somehow omniscient, you'd always have hope that some other human is alive.

Me, I'm a loner anyway, so being the last person on the planet wouldn't bother me all that much. As long as there's ample food and shelter, I could make do, and there's an entire world to explore before boredom sets in. Sure, I'd probably die in a fiery plane crash when I tried to cross continents, but it wouldn't be intentional.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:11 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 11:11 PM #29 of 31
Ah, but the premise, dear Turnip, was for you to definitely be the last man on Earth. it didn't ask about your perceptions, but gave the fact as it is.

And yeah, I think you all are dreaming if you can travel the world that easily. Think of all the wild animals that would have reclaimed the planet

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Divest
Banned

Member 3267

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:36 AM Local time: Dec 14, 2007, 08:36 AM #30 of 31
Well, the premise might be that he's the last person on Earth, but he's saying if the scenario ever happened, there would be know way for you to know for sure. Therefore there would be at least a small amount of hope and will to survive.

How ya doing, buddy?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:43 AM #31 of 31
Originally Posted by Premise
What would you do if one day you just woke up from a normal routine day and everyone on the Earth was gone but you? No evidence was left behind and every human being just vanished without a trace. You have the entire planet to yourself. What would you do with your time?
First, as I said, there's no way to know that you're the last man on Earth. The premise states that no evidence was left behind as to what happened, so that also means that there's no evidence to prove that you are indeed the only one left.

Secondly, if this "event" happened suddenly, it's not like the wild animals are suddenly going to rampage through the cities, and you'd have to fend off grizzlies in abandoned Starbucks. It would take months or years for predatory wildlife to take over. In my scenario, I was thinking of going to the nearest airport and finding a small plane with which I could move about the country. As long as you can keep finding gas/places to land and don't crash from lack of flying knowledge, this seems feasible to me. A handgun (easily obtained from looting, especially from around where I live) would be enough to protect you from wild animals.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > If you were the last person left on Earth