Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PS3)

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2007, 09:08 PM #26 of 86
Quote:
So according to the 1UP podcast, Tekken: DR will eventually be fully online to play against others. GOOD news.
"Eventually", as in "not from the start"? Nevertheless, if it's true than I'll be playing this from now until doomsday. To hell with the lag comments, I want to play at least one fighting game online.

I hope the servers don't get hammered monday.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 22, 2007, 09:51 PM Local time: Feb 22, 2007, 08:51 PM #27 of 86
"Eventually", as in "not from the start"? Nevertheless, if it's true than I'll be playing this from now until doomsday. To hell with the lag comments, I want to play at least one fighting game online.

I hope the servers don't get hammered monday.
Yes. Eventually. Be it true or not, I would hope it is. You'll probably have to pay like $5 as a download but that's so worth it to me. I'd pay $15 to play it online.

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 02:48 AM #28 of 86
Are the ending FMVs for each character included as well? I think I read somewhere that the FMVs had to be downloaded seperately, but I'm not sure.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 06:29 AM Local time: Feb 23, 2007, 05:29 AM #29 of 86
Are the ending FMVs for each character included as well? I think I read somewhere that the FMVs had to be downloaded seperately, but I'm not sure.
I honestly don't know. That does sound about right from what I've read over at zaibatsu. Oh, there is talk that you can download the user manual now on the PSN. If anyone is kind enough to post pics or what not.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:46 AM #30 of 86
The FMVs are in the game, when you beat the Story mode (if it's in it like DR for the PSP) you get to view the videos, however in order to unlock the videos in the Theatre you have to purchase the videos from the store in the game.

-DOUBLE POST-
From what I'm hearing Tekken DR should be up this afternoon. Time to find out how much BS IGN is really made of.

-TRIPPLE POST-
Looks like Tekken DR isn't going to be coming out till Thursday now according to IGN, and has been put to TBD on the official Namco site instead of the "Available Now" status.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Slayer X; Feb 26, 2007 at 10:28 AM.
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:11 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 11:11 AM #31 of 86
Well, looks like the release date, according to IGN has been pushed back to March 1st. Which makes sense since the PSN updates every Thursday. Here's hoping for no more delays.

FELIPE NO
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:22 PM #32 of 86
It would be nice for some official news. Like release confirmation and perhaps a price.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 05:35 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 04:35 PM #33 of 86
True that. It's all odd that all this "official" information is coming from game sites and not Namco. But then again, Namco did get an interview with Nacmo on it so maybe they know more than we do. Who knows though. I got VF5 to tide me over in the mean time.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 05:38 PM #34 of 86
For sure, VF5 is pretty bad ass, playing it right now actually (currently fighting Kage), it's reqlly odd that it's even taking this long because in the IGN interview the lead director said that the NA DR is the same as the JP DR, therefore it shouldn't require anything seeing how the JP version works on NA PS3s. Then with the whole added secrecy something's up.

kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 06:11 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 05:11 PM #35 of 86
Hrm. Well over at zaibatsu, people sure are bitching a lot about the lack of "Practice mode". Although since Namco is being rather quiet about this, and their site is still saying TBD, I'll bet to see this game not come out till March 23rd along with the EU launch of the PS3. As much as I'd hate that, but the more and more I read into this, that seems like what is going to happen. Maybe Namco is hearing the fans and adding more features? Fixing more of the slow downs? Guess we'll find out come Thursday.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2007, 01:18 AM Local time: Feb 28, 2007, 12:18 AM #36 of 86
And I keep forget to ask this question. Does anyone know how exactly you'll be able to upload two profiles? And is there some way to take your save to use?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:13 AM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 08:13 AM #37 of 86
http://kotaku.com/gaming/tekken-5%25...day-240676.php

Now they're saying a release day today!? Stop playing with my emotions!

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by kainlightwind; Mar 1, 2007 at 11:00 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 11:33 AM #38 of 86
You have to have a second profile for player 2 on the system if you want their stats and custom characters saved for them. And you can NOT use your 5.0 saves for DR. Different coding entirely.

kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 02:51 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 01:51 PM #39 of 86
You have to have a second profile for player 2 on the system if you want their stats and custom characters saved for them. And you can NOT use your 5.0 saves for DR. Different coding entirely.
What I mean is, can you save your DR file onto a PS2 card by an assigned slot? Or just the two profiles?

Oh, and it is offical for today's release.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166600...ewstop;title;2

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by kainlightwind; Mar 1, 2007 at 02:53 PM.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 11:53 PM #40 of 86
Well it took a few hours of error messages and super slow download speeds, but I finally got the game up and running, and it is by far the downloadable game in PSN so far.

The resolution bump is quite outstanding, especially in the grassy field. The two new characters (well, mostly new to me since I've never played DR in any other format) are awesome as well; Lili is an instant favorite with her Karin-inspired design and very awesome throws (and her second outfit is quite easy on the eyes), and Dragunov is just plain scary (but still falls a distant second over Brian Fury).

And thankfully, when they said that you had to pay to download the additional movies and outfits, they meant game money, not real world money. I hope other companies will do the same whenever they decide to include microtransactions.

Jinpachi is an even cheaper bastard than before. Now he has a rapid-fireball attack! Good thing the same strategy still works, but you need to be careful. Lili can take him out with no problem at all, though.

The game definetely needs a practice mode. Not only am I still learning the ropes with Jin (I miss his Mishama-style way of fighting), but I need to practice with the two new characters as well. Hopefully they'll patch other modes into the game later on, especially the online mode.

And I love the music in Devil Jin's level. Very Kajiura-esque.

Last edited by Soldier; Mar 1, 2007 at 11:59 PM.
kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2007, 11:58 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2007, 10:58 PM #41 of 86
Snow castle. Yes. lol. My favorite stage. If you beat arcade 3 times, you get the old Tekken 5 stages as well. I'm just having a bitch of a time trying to figure out how to get two profiles rolling in vs mode.

Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:02 AM #42 of 86
Well it took a few hours of error messages and super slow download speeds, but I finally got the game up and running, and it is by far the downloadable game in PSN so far.
well at least you could download it... apparently they forgot to had it in the canada store or forgot to mention that canada will not get it at the same time as the US...

Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 05:44 AM #43 of 86
Looks a lot better than I was thinking it would... especially in 1080p. Wowee. If this is even a fraction of the possibility of what PS2 games could look like upscaled than Sony really needs to get to work on that, heh.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 06:08 AM #44 of 86

The resolution bump is quite outstanding, especially in the grassy field. The two new characters (well, mostly new to me since I've never played DR in any other format) are awesome as well; Lili is an instant favorite with her Karin-inspired design and very awesome throws (and her second outfit is quite easy on the eyes), and Dragunov is just plain scary (but still falls a distant second over Brian Fury).

And thankfully, when they said that you had to pay to download the additional movies and outfits, they meant game money, not real world money. I hope other companies will do the same whenever they decide to include microtransactions.

Jinpachi is an even cheaper bastard than before. Now he has a rapid-fireball attack! Good thing the same strategy still works, but you need to be careful. Lili can take him out with no problem at all, though.

The game definetely needs a practice mode. Not only am I still learning the ropes with Jin (I miss his Mishama-style way of fighting), but I need to practice with the two new characters as well. Hopefully they'll patch other modes into the game later on, especially the online mode.

And I love the music in Devil Jin's level. Very Kajiura-esque.
Why not just use Devil Jin if you want Mishima style Jin? He is top tier in this game after all.

Jinpachi always had the rapid fireballs. You can low parry them now. (d/f) He can also shoot one from the floor when he's face up.

You can also concider Armor King a new character because he's VERY different from the older versions.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 01:42 PM #45 of 86
Devil Jin feels like a cheat. He has Tekken 3 Jin's style, but he has some additional cheap moves like the eye beam. Plus I like my Jin without the horns and wings. :/

Not to state the obvious, but Ghost Mode is the easiest way to earn money. I'm just wondering if there's a reason to play Arcade Mode more then 3 times (anything else you can unlock?), as Ghost offers more money and better challenges.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 02:39 PM #46 of 86
well yay canada just got it downloading it now ^^ (will be back when I'll test it)

I like fighting game but I'm really not an expert, I did liked VF4:EVO but it's more technical that I'm use too. I never played a tekken before XD (yes shame on me) but from the video and review I might enjoy it more I think ^^

Additional Spam:
well I just tested it and I have to say god I suck at this game XD but it's fun.

I just tried Lili because she seem to have a fighting style that i like and she's pretty fun. but even on easy I had to try like 10time the fight just before the last battle... and is it normal that the last battle was 10time easier than the guy just before him? XD

I really don't understand why there's no practice mode, because god I really need it...

I'll return to test more character now to find out which one is good for me ^^

Last edited by Inhert; Mar 2, 2007 at 04:17 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 04:20 PM #47 of 86
Make sure to map the shoulder buttons to combo attacks (like LP+LK), it makes things easier. As near as I can tell, Lili is a character for beginners, as I managed to do a hellish amount of damage just by trial and error.

I do wish they at least gave you some option to evade or block air attacks. It's pretty frustrating to get smacked around 20 times before you hit the ground, and there's nothing you can do about it.

FELIPE NO
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 04:43 PM #48 of 86
yeah that's the only complain I have about the game, it's pretty frustrating when the enemy do almost a perfect and you couldn't do anything because of an air combo...

kainlightwind
Good Chocobo

Member 120

Level 17.77

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 04:50 PM Local time: Mar 2, 2007, 03:50 PM #49 of 86
I've calculated to if you want a Dark Lord character rank, it'll take you a good 430 - 450 battles in the Ghost mode. But the money is nice.

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 2, 2007, 06:23 PM #50 of 86
The air juggle is the same in VF, SCIII and Tekken. The float time may very, but not by all that much. Also Tekken is a combo game, not a chipping game like VF. At the EVO Tournament it's usually only 2 connections each leading into a combo to win a round, Tekken's always been like that and I love it.

Last edited by Slayer X; Mar 2, 2007 at 08:19 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PS3)