Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Assassin's Creed

Cel
Bushido 1

Member 5920

Level 6.62

Apr 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 03:26 AM Local time: May 4, 2006, 12:26 AM #26 of 132
I'm currently attending AIPD in Portland, so yeah i'm going for my game art and design major.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 11:04 AM Local time: May 4, 2006, 01:04 PM #27 of 132
Yeah, Ubisoft is pretty much all around the world, but in Canada, there are two studios; one who just opened in Quebec and the most important for the company is in Montreal, the studio responsible for Assassin, the Prince of Persia series, the Splinter Cell series and recently, the Far Cry series. I work there and plan on returning working in Production after school. The work environment is pretty kick-ass. Plus, the Art Recrutor saw what I could do at the moment and said that 'artistically', I'd be accepted as 3D artist. So I just keep imagining that after school I'll have much more knowledge and I'm guaranteed a place since I know a couple of people and friends who could hook me up in Prod.

It's cool to have it's name at the end of a game but having it in the DEVELOPMENT section would be a dream.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
----------------------------------------

Last edited by SketchTheArtist; May 4, 2006 at 11:10 AM.
Cel
Bushido 1

Member 5920

Level 6.62

Apr 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 04:35 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 01:35 PM #28 of 132
I think most developers dreams are to make their own game, but unfortunately that almost never happens unless you became really famous or the lead designer. I'm hoping at least 5 years after I start working, that i'll get a shot at it. I wouldn't wanna start my own game straight away anyways, but I wouldn't wanna wait 10 years either (which is usually the case).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 04:42 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 06:42 PM #29 of 132
Originally Posted by Cel
I think most developers dreams are to make their own game, but unfortunately that almost never happens unless you became really famous or the lead designer. I'm hoping at least 5 years after I start working, that i'll get a shot at it. I wouldn't wanna start my own game straight away anyways, but I wouldn't wanna wait 10 years either (which is usually the case).
You'd be surprised. One of my friends at the studio, his friend came up with the concept for 187 Ride or Die. If you get known around the Production people for having good ideas, good work ethics and easy to work with, you could get a shot.

But it takes time, for myself, I'll be happy to be part of a team of Production but I'm not aiming at being THE main guy. It certainly would be a dream, but I know it can be done.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
Cel
Bushido 1

Member 5920

Level 6.62

Apr 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 11:15 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 08:15 PM #30 of 132
That's pretty cool, i'm glad at least nothing has to be by the book. I've been told that if you wanna get your idea done, you gotta have all the work and material ready for viewing, and you can pitch in the idea as soon as they're looking for their next project.

Heh, I hope I have fun wherever I get a job.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 02:32 AM Local time: May 5, 2006, 04:32 AM #31 of 132
Originally Posted by Cel
That's pretty cool, i'm glad at least nothing has to be by the book. I've been told that if you wanna get your idea done, you gotta have all the work and material ready for viewing, and you can pitch in the idea as soon as they're looking for their next project.
That's how they did it. Work. They did a shitload of documents and a little pre-Prod on paper to give out their ideas for the game.

FELIPE NO
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 03:32 PM #32 of 132
Here's a new shot:

Most amazing jew boots

The text is part of the image and the two squires aren't exactly even.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; May 5, 2006 at 08:38 PM.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 04:22 PM Local time: May 5, 2006, 06:22 PM #33 of 132
LOL!!

The last time I saw the environements in the first pic, it was all wire-framed with really bad low-res textures. That's quite a change!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Skëtch's DVD Collection!
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 08:35 PM #34 of 132
Oh, what the hell.. I'll fix that in a second. Anyways, really Sketch? Has it been that long since you last saw the game?

It looks pretty good, IMO. I don't believe for a second that this is exclusive to the PS3, without any sort of timed-strings attached. I mean, it wasn't that long ago that it was multi-console.

Edit: Smaller versions of the above, in order to avoid the frog from striking again.

Last edited by Metal Sphere; May 5, 2006 at 08:39 PM.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: May 5, 2006, 10:40 PM #35 of 132
Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
Oh, what the hell.. I'll fix that in a second. Anyways, really Sketch? Has it been that long since you last saw the game?

It looks pretty good, IMO. I don't believe for a second that this is exclusive to the PS3, without any sort of timed-strings attached. I mean, it wasn't that long ago that it was multi-console.
Oh yeah, I'm on my fourth months of 'vacation' now, out of the studio and I'm only comin back next month. Yeah, I only saw videos of the market in wire-framed form with yellow strings on character heads to indicate their field of vision. It was some AI test videos.

But after seeing those screens, they've come a long way and I'm pretty stoked by it. It looks awesome!

And yeah, me too. I don't buy it for a second that it'll be exclusive for the PS3. Mainly since Next-Gen developping costs a lot and, based on the past history of Ubisoft, they LOVE to milk there games and series.

Skëtch's DVD Collection!
Metal Sphere
It's Agrias time.

Member 84

Level 36.59

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 08:45 PM #36 of 132
Ah, so you've been working on it or at least involved in some form? It must feel pretty good seeing something that was, as you said, just a bunch of wireframes. This wasn't exclusive back before GDC or shortly after was it? Ubisoft probably struck a quick deal with Sony hoping to cash in on it's hype.

Do you see this making a November release date?

How ya doing, buddy?

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 01:14 AM Local time: May 6, 2006, 03:14 AM #37 of 132
No, I'm now but a mere tester, but some of my friends working in Production showed me some stuff.

And I can't tell you the release date. Sorry. Maybe they'll announce it next week though.

Skëtch's DVD Collection!
Cel
Bushido 1

Member 5920

Level 6.62

Apr 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 02:51 AM Local time: May 5, 2006, 11:51 PM #38 of 132
Probably won't be released till december, then it'll get pushed back to around this time next year.

I really like the first shot, the fighting looks freaking great. I wonder how the game mechanics are, or are hoping to be. I also wonder if they have realistic cloth physics.

Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2006, 08:40 AM Local time: May 6, 2006, 06:40 PM #39 of 132
The character models need more Poly count,only they are looking current gen.

FELIPE NO
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 08:11 PM #40 of 132
Ok, im officially in love with this game. From 1up:
Quote:
What is it:A game-developed by Ubisoft's Prince of Persia team--set against the backdrop of the crusades. You play as an assassin sent in to kill with utmost precision and agility.

What's new for E3:This is the first time we've seen Assassin's Creed running on actual PlayStation 3 hardware. The demo includes one large town and already features a surprising amount of gameplay mechanics.

What we like:The second you lay your eyes on Assassin's Creed, you will immediately say, "this is next-generation." Not only does the game look incredible, but it's gameplay and all that it encompasses are things that just simply couldn't be achieved with current generation hardware--at least not in such high quality. The demo starts with the assassin riding his horse, which is the primary transportation in Assassin's Creed. Once in town, you'll see just how much effort the Prince of Persia team has put into this game--it's about as close to a living, breathing world. The townspeople go about their business, living their lives and won't take much notice of you, that is, until you start acting weird.

The cool thing about Assasin's Creed is that there isn't really any stealth in the typical sense. You don't hide behind crates or lurk in the shadows. Instead, you just want to blend in with the crowd as much as possible. So, if a group of people see you perched on one of the many planks on the rooftop, they'll look at you in a quizzical manner and become much more aware of your presence. Likewise, if you run through the streets and just start shoving people around, then there's a much greater chance that some town guards will interfere with your plans.

Even cooler than that is how the main character interacts with everything. If you try to run through a crowd, you'll notice that it's not much different from playing a game of football, where you bounce off of bodies, juke, or perform any other sort of moves to avoid slowing your speed. Everything feels like it has weight and momentum behind it, and it looks and feels absolutely great.

On top of that, some of your missions will help you blend in more with the crowd. We saw the Assassin fold his hands in prayer and start marching with some monks, masking his approach to the target. And since you had previously performed a mission for the monks, they're not bothered by your presence. But, of course, the most important thing is actually spotting the target, and to do that it's best to climb to the rooftops. This is where Assassin's Creed gets even cooler. You can climb on just about any edifice that has ledges that are two inches or larger, and the controls for this feature are pretty intuitive with each face button representing the assassin's individual limbs. Once you get to the rooftops, you can use your eagle vision to single out your target and then go in for the kill. It should also be noted that you can avoid all of this and just run up to the target and go in for the kill, but your chances of success are significantly reduced, and you will be forced into hand-to-hand combat, which also looks rather impressive.

What we dislike: While there is the usual assortment of hiccups and bugs associated with software this early, there really isn't anything to dislike. Plus, the development team has eight more months to add any polish it wants.
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3150660

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 05:56 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 03:56 PM #41 of 132
Sounds great,but any gameplay footage yet?

And i doubt 8 months time,it would take more.

Fuck amazing
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.h...586&pid=930022

and even more fuck

From reading most of the posts of this board, some people have forgotten the storyline of Assasin`s Creed. The character you are playing is a mental/hospital patient of some sort who thinks he is an assasin in the 11th century. That explains the computer glitchiness/sysyem failure screen. I remember reading this from an article in EGM- back when it was still Project Assasins. I hope this info clears up some things.

Sketch shed somelight...even they fire you...lol.

Last edited by Sexninja; May 11, 2006 at 06:30 AM.
SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 09:20 AM Local time: May 11, 2006, 11:20 AM #42 of 132
That's the little twist I was talking about. All I know, with this, as already been mentioned, as for the rest, I'm as in the dark as all of you and don't plan on seeing more of it since I wanna be as surprised as all of you when the game hits stores in.....oops. Nearly gave it away. ;-P

Skëtch's DVD Collection!
Sexninja
Contents Under Pressure

Member 1142

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 02:26 PM Local time: May 12, 2006, 12:26 AM #43 of 132
Don't say this year,i doubt it but you never know.
What i know is that this game could really really help PS3 sales,only game that could help till MGS4.

The producer is getting more attention than the game itslef

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2581..

Fucking hot chick.

Sketchid you meet her?If yes then next time, do get pictures of her from studio(heck,video wld be better).
I think this wont make UBI angry enough to fire you.

Last edited by Sexninja; May 11, 2006 at 05:26 PM.
solid_snake
Chocobo

Member 3413

Level 9.40

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 12:16 AM #44 of 132
anyway, this game is just what i dreamed about, a stealth action next-gen game.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Keep your friends close and your enemies....closer.
Unforgiven
How do I reach this fucking orb?

Member 6028

Level 16.56

May 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 11:30 AM #45 of 132
I'd just want to try the controls for mself. They all say its intuitive but like Jade Raymond said, there was hundreds of move your character can make.

This game looks promising.

SketchTheArtist
"I did a 'Full-Cycle'."

Member 2373

Level 22.69

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 11:36 AM Local time: May 15, 2006, 01:36 PM #46 of 132
Originally Posted by Sexninja
Don't say this year,i doubt it but you never know.
What i know is that this game could really really help PS3 sales,only game that could help till MGS4.

The producer is getting more attention than the game itslef

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2581..

Fucking hot chick.

Sketchid you meet her?If yes then next time, do get pictures of her from studio(heck,video wld be better).
I think this wont make UBI angry enough to fire you.
Don't know her. Maybe she was hired when I was gone because they probably changed some of the producers since the main producer of the POP series and Assassin was Yannis Mallat and he is now CEO of the Montreal Studios.

Skëtch's DVD Collection!
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2006, 06:03 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 02:03 AM #47 of 132
but I hear some rumors about this game,is not only release it on PS3 only,it will release on Xbox360

FELIPE NO
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 02:11 PM Local time: May 16, 2006, 12:11 PM #48 of 132
This game looks very nice. Certainly has a Prince of Persia feel to it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old May 17, 2006, 08:53 PM Local time: May 18, 2006, 04:53 AM #49 of 132
http://reviews.cnet.com/4331-12331_7....html?tag=blog

read second paragraph

"It's due out in 2007--first on the PS3 and later on the 360."
PS3 exclusive for the moment,That why Demo game running on 360 dev kit on E3.I think best to move this topic to General Video Gaming,anyway UBisoft didn't any game exclusive for any consoles .

RobotsAnger
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 7902

Level 1.21

Jun 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 09:10 PM #50 of 132
Yeah it'll probably be multiplatform knowing ubi-soft -_-

...but DAMN, I'm really psyched for this game. After viewing the video interviews on gametrailers.com and reading about the E3 impressions from gamespot and IGN, this has become my second most interested/anticipated title for the PS3, behind MGS4 which is my all time favorite series. Hmmm long run on sentence.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Assassin's Creed