Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

My friend reckons he's getting a lightsaber

Dewman
Your time freezing device is rusty

Member 1109

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:45 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 06:45 PM #26 of 31
Why does the laser seem to just end after a measly half a mile? On flat land, the horizon gets in the way at 7km's so if its true, the light should go on for a much longer distance

Most amazing jew boots
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:44 AM #27 of 31
Even if you could make that thing into a lightsabre it would only be the size of a letter opener.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Menzoberranzan
Chocobo

Member 1470

Level 12.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:04 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 10:04 PM #28 of 31
Originally Posted by Dewman
No joke. He really thinks he's getting one. He says that it can go for 120 miles (let's shoot down airplanes!) and that it easily burns stuff. And if you even look at it from the corner of your eye while it is on a bright surface, your eye is gone.

Anyone hear anything like this? He swears he saw it on the internet somewhere and placed an order...
Lets analyse what has been told.

1) Your friend is getting a lightsaber
2) It can go for 120 miles
3) It shoots down airplanes
4) It easily burns stuff
5) Burns your eye at a certain angle.

Dude, does that make sense to you? lol

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Nehmi
spectre of humanity

Member 684

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:24 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 07:24 AM #29 of 31
Quote:
With Wicked Lasers, the choice is yours: either a unique red laser, an extreme green laser, or a mesmerizing blue laser can be used for pointing to stars and constellations.
Totally makes me wish I had $1000 to spend on a laser to point at stars.

I was speaking idiomatically.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:05 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:05 AM #30 of 31
I've never taken a class in astronomy, but I'm pretty sure that you can use them as a pointer outside when not projecting onto a solid object. If there's enough moisture/stuff in the atmosphere it'll scatter off all the random particles (think how you can see the path of a movie projector's light because it scatters off the dust in the air) and make it visible in all directions.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Arainach
Sensors indicate an Ancient Civilization

Member 1200

Level 26.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:15 PM #31 of 31
Originally Posted by Dewman
Why does the laser seem to just end after a measly half a mile? On flat land, the horizon gets in the way at 7km's so if its true, the light should go on for a much longer distance
In a Vacuum, it'll go on forever. But Earth (thankfully) does not have a vacuum on its surface. As such, the light will be scattered by particles in the atmosphere. This effect becomes much more extreme as distances increase.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > My friend reckons he's getting a lightsaber