Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Baby names

nadienne
I don't do too much talking these days.

Member 9

Level 29.15

Feb 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 07:48 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 05:48 PM #26 of 92
Originally Posted by a_gringa_flaca
At least Hugo sounds masculine. I can't stand names for a boy like Ashley, Cameron, Kelly, just UGH.
You do know that all of those were originally male names that were taken over by females, right?

I'm fond of Aurelia for a girl, and Quentin for a boy's middle name (seriously, how cool is Q as a middle initial).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 08:01 PM #27 of 92
I like the Q also. One of my friends named her son Quinn and I was so jealous that I didn't think of it first.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 08:09 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 08:09 PM #28 of 92
My favorite girl names would have to be either Aislinn (A's-lin) or Bellyn.
For boys, I like Christian and Daniel. Yes, they're pretty trite.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 08:26 PM #29 of 92
Originally Posted by a_llegro
Zelda was a known name well before the video game ever existed. Unfortunately, most people nowadays associate the name with the princess and not some exotic-sounding name some women in the early 20th century were named with.

Who do you think F. Scott Fitzgerald married?
That website on page 1 demonstrates that of the top 1000 girl's names, Zelda wasn't in the top 1000 after the 1960s. Didn't even surge thanks to the game.

I was speaking idiomatically.

kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 09:22 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 07:22 PM #30 of 92
I've always loved the name Lolita, but I couldn't name my child that, for obvious reasons.

But I think Bianca is a nice name. Then she'll be this spoilt, rich, bitch that I'd have to disown by the time she's 12.

Most amazing jew boots
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 07:01 PM #31 of 92
I have never met a girl named Cameron, and I don't see how it doesn't sound masculine. I do however have a (male) friend Cam who could potentially fit into the category of not masculine I am not creative enough to make up a name myself, so if I ever get married and have a kid, I'll leave it up to my wife.

FELIPE NO
Watashi_Baka_Da
Banned

Member 5204

Level 6.34

Apr 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:07 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 09:07 PM #32 of 92
My boyfriend and I were talking about kid names one day...dunno why, but anyway we agreed on Julia for a girl and he said Vincent for a boy.

I didn't like Vincent at first because I didn't want a kid named after a Final Fantasy character, but then it grew on me. Vincent does have those cool red eyes.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by scotty
I have never met a girl named Cameron, and I don't see how it doesn't sound masculine. I do however have a (male) friend Cam who could potentially fit into the category of not masculine I am not creative enough to make up a name myself, so if I ever get married and have a kid, I'll leave it up to my wife.
I have a friend named Cameron, but she goes by Cami. I do think it is a pretty name, but I think of it more as a boys name.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Watashi_Baka_Da; Apr 16, 2006 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:21 PM #33 of 92
Originally Posted by Kiri
I just found out that I'm having a son. I was thinking of naming him Angelus Tyler Lovelace, which I thought would be unique and it flows well.
For his sake, give him a name that won't get him made fun of at school. Give him a real name - a traditional name. You know, like John or Richard or Peter.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:23 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 08:23 PM #34 of 92
Originally Posted by scotty
I have never met a girl named Cameron.
There's Cameron Diaz.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:31 PM #35 of 92
This reminds me of some gossip from when I was in grade school that some young kid got a girl knocked up and they named their kids "Buzz Lightyear" and something equally as immature.

Anyways, I would be cruel in naming my kids and would want them to have fancy combinations of names that wouldn't fit with my last name at all. Of course you could mix up any of these names since they are so unique. I just dislike the fact that every other girl is named: "Sarah" or "Ashley", or every other boy is "John" or "Joseph" (no offense ) Short versions might become hard:

Mayabelle/Maiabelle Allegro LeMay (Maya/Maia)
Floretta Scherzina LeBeau (Flor)
Shirona Milver Tercettina (Ro?)
Alvilia Presta Descolis (Vili?)

Well I can't think of much boy names that are neat without being overly flamboyant.

Rexford Maxis
Orbison Villet

How ya doing, buddy?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:34 PM #36 of 92
If your name is Cameron you'd better go by a nickname unless you're a girl. Cameron Neely is a good example.

ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:37 PM #37 of 92
Originally Posted by Yamamanama
Did you pick those intentionally, ArrowHead?
No, just rattled them off. There are tons of traditional names that one can give a child. There are even books that are nothing more than lists of baby names and their origins and meanings. We had one in my house. Don't know where it has gotten to...

How ya doing, buddy?
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:14 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2006, 10:14 PM #38 of 92
Originally Posted by a_summoner
Mayabelle/Maiabelle Allegro LeMay (Maya/Maia)
Floretta Scherzina LeBeau (Flor)
Shirona Milver Tercettina (Ro?)
Alvilia Presta Descolis (Vili?)

Well I can't think of much boy names that are neat without being overly flamboyant.

Rexford Maxis
Orbison Villet
Wrote any fantasy novels lately?

Geez, those are a bit too out there in terms of names. You may get away with it if you are part of the aristocracy. Otherwise, those are just impractical.

Even Frank Zappa had names chosen for his children that are a bit more palatable.

Orbison though, is a cool concept. Naming children after rock/country singers should be interesting. Imagine a boy named "Cash Lovett _____"

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:17 PM #39 of 92
Yes...all to delude myself into feeling top-class
If Orbison is a country singer then I'm not using that for sure....oh wait I just remembered that Orbison was a SMRPG monster...definitely not using that.

I would also make sure that the first name is easily pronounced. Surprisingly, people have so much trouble with "Kristian" even though it's Christian with a K instead -_-; You get all sorts of funky pronunciations.

FELIPE NO
Hamu-Sumo

Member 1998

Level 23.00

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 05:06 AM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 12:06 PM #40 of 92
My idea for a girl name is "Karin Sakura". "Karin" because it's a "normal" name here in Germany and "Sakura" because I'm a fan of Japanese culture and I like the translation: cherry blossom.

For a boy I have no idea yet...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Best Song Contest 2014 Winner
Musashi: Samurai Legend - Aeolic Guardian
composed by Masashi Hamauzu

Me @ last.fm | Ultimate Video Game Composers List | VGM Lounge (German)
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Apr 20, 2006, 06:00 PM Local time: Apr 20, 2006, 06:00 PM #41 of 92
I don't know abotu middle names but I've got it planned out for Connor if a boy or Elisebeth if a girl. I suspect I'll have a fight my hands when the time comes though as my fiancee doesn't care for either of those names.

Seriously though naming your kid Angelus is just sending him on a a one way trip to swirlytown don't do it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
Kiri
Whatever happens, remember to protect me.

Member 1268

Level 6.55

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 03:10 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 02:10 PM #42 of 92
Oh, I was just thinking you picked them because Dick and Peter are slang for the penis, while a john is a word for a urinal.

And we all know how kids are these days. If not made fun of by their name, it's something else. And kids just seem to become more like smartasses these days and would probably think that.

Hey Dick, just how big is that dick of yours anyways? Oh hey John, you forget to flush? You know, shit like that.

I'm more concerned with the fact that some of those names are so common and there's more than one person with that name. The last thing I want is my kid to have such a common name that he gets confused everytime someone calls the name out, whether it be in school or on the street or at a store or some shit. It's the same with me, everytime someone says "James" I figure it's for me but in truth, it's for someone else.

Unique is the word for the day.

Most amazing jew boots
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2006, 03:17 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2006, 03:17 PM #43 of 92
Yeah but angelus has a distinct fanboy tinge to it that could not work in anyone's favour. Trust me I know this I was withen an inch of being named Conan after the boooks and that couldn't have turned out well either. I'm sure you can find something unique yet not quite so mockible.

Just saying don't be surprised if he try's to go by his middle name.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
Pez

Member 4367

Level 10.22

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 10:00 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2006, 02:00 AM #44 of 92
I’d probably go for a more traditional name (and certainly avoiding any Hollywood trends. i.e place names). Unique is fine, but a difficult to spell or overly complicated name is out. For boys, I’d probably stray away from unisex names.

ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 06:23 PM #45 of 92
Oh, I was just thinking you picked them because Dick and Peter are slang for the penis, while a john is a word for a urinal.
Haha. I just realized that myself. Still, they're solid names that have withstood the test of time.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Nari
I am round and pointy

Member 4015

Level 1.86

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2006, 09:29 PM #46 of 92
Me and my fiance are going to name our daughter Emilia Amara and haven't decided on a boy's name yet.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Short Cows swim in your backyard.
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 07:02 AM #47 of 92
I just found out that Tom Cruise named his newly adopted baby girl "Suri".

That's japanese for "pickpocket". Apparently he picked it because it's persian for "rose" but just didn't do his f***ing research.

FELIPE NO
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 07:15 AM #48 of 92
Originally Posted by ArrowHead
I just found out that Tom Cruise named his newly adopted baby girl "Suri".

That's japanese for "pickpocket". Apparently he picked it because it's persian for "rose" but just didn't do his f***ing research.
I believe it's also Hebrew for princess.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 08:54 AM #49 of 92
Yes well Tom Cruise is neither Persian nor Jewish. He did, however, recently star in a movie about samurai.

Most amazing jew boots
Watashi_Baka_Da
Banned

Member 5204

Level 6.34

Apr 2006

Old Apr 23, 2006, 09:51 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2006, 08:51 PM #50 of 92
Originally Posted by ArrowHead
For his sake, give him a name that won't get him made fun of at school. Give him a real name - a traditional name. You know, like John or Richard or Peter.
Guys named Peter are made fun of all the time.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Baby names