Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The simple things you never knew

Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 07:05 PM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 06:05 PM #26 of 90
This one's kinda stupid but, when i was in grade 5 (the first time Canadians get exposed to sex ed in school) my teacher held the female genetalia diagram sideways for some reason (and it was a really weird diagram now that i think of it) and i thought that the vagina and the urethra (sp?) were the same hole. Yeah, got a bit of a shock when i hit grade nine (year two of sex ed)

It never ocurred to me that people in other countries would teach their pets commands in their native languages until my time in Germany.

A female friend of mine didn't realize that guys experience shrinkage when they're cold. Some friends and I had some fun explaining it to her, and her not getting it. We think she was holding out for an example.

I'll probably remember more later.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Xexxhoshi
ボクの彼氏はどこにいる?

Member 1523

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 07:54 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 01:54 AM #27 of 90
wait you don't have a4? OHSHI

When I was young (say about 11-12-ish), I thought sex was 2 people standing up rhythmically hitting groins together by doing pelvic thrusts towards each other. ._.;;

I'll remember more some other time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SbCl3
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2396

Level 3.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:16 PM #28 of 90
When I was in middle school, I knew what sex was, but I thought oral sex was a fancy term to describe kissing. After all, that made sense <.<

Most amazing jew boots
Maico
─ ─╘Don't rob me of my ─ ─ hate: It's all I have.

Member 4527

Level 17.53

Apr 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 12:39 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2006, 10:39 PM #29 of 90
The buttons are on the other side so you can take her shirt off easily with one hand.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 12:43 AM #30 of 90
I didn't know that different countries use different power voltages. I learned the hard way on a trip to the Phillippines years ago when I plugged in my PS1 and it started smoking, a lot, after 10 or so seconds. I wrecked my PS1, and was reluctant to plug anything in after that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 12:55 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 06:55 AM #31 of 90
Originally Posted by Adara
Anyways, I pronounced Arkansas "arr-CAN-zas" for a very long time. Seriously, it's spelled like Kansas but with an Ar in front of it, so why "ARR-can-saw"?
Hmm. Thanks for educating me. I've heard it pronounced, and I've seen it written, but for obvious reasons I never made the connection, and assumed that they were two different words.

Quote:
Since I'm talking about the holidays now, I'll mention that I had a really funny impression of what Boxing Day was for a while. I knew that people in Britain celebrated it, so when I was little I figured that it was a day where there was a big boxing match in Britain and everyone watched.
I'm English, and I used to think that's where the name derived from. Only when I was a kid, mind you...

FELIPE NO
Antignition
Chocobo

Member 7743

Level 11.38

May 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 02:22 AM #32 of 90
Up until 8th grade, I had thought Puerto Rico was Cuba.

I still don't really know where Puerto Rico is on a map.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Xexxhoshi
ボクの彼氏はどこにいる?

Member 1523

Level 13.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 02:38 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 08:38 AM #33 of 90
Originally Posted by SbCl3
When I was in middle school, I knew what sex was, but I thought oral sex was a fancy term to describe kissing. After all, that made sense <.<
I thought Oral Sex was a special type of kissing, like French Kissing, except you like move the toungues in and out of each other's mouths or something. >.>;

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hydra
Delicious and vitamin fortified.

Member 1243

Level 16.97

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 06:57 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 04:57 PM #34 of 90
I mispronounced foliage as foilage, and a few other words like that. I dunno how but I've understood sex for as far back as I can remember, oddly.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 05:46 PM #35 of 90
Originally Posted by Helloween
A female friend of mine didn't realize that guys experience shrinkage when they're cold. Some friends and I had some fun explaining it to her, and her not getting it. We think she was holding out for an example.
What kind of person hasn't seen Seinfeld?

Most amazing jew boots
Giro0001
Custom User Title

Member 677

Level 14.10

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 08:51 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 06:51 PM #36 of 90
Well.. I actually just like legal better than anything else. I also like tabloid size but that can be hard to work with.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Haji
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 3626

Level 1.60

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 10:51 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 09:51 PM #37 of 90
I've never had too many of those moments myself, but my friends sure have. Here's a quick list of epiphonies my friends have had:

1. You don't own the property if you're paying rent.

(yeah my friend got mad when i told him the cleaning guys would probably be in his place while we were working and he said that he's paying money so that they couldn't get into his "property" unless he was home. his tantrum went on longer than that, but you get the idea)

2. All guys masturbate.

(my friend got mad when she found out that her b/f masturbated instead of trying to call her over. i explained to her it's either wait almost 40 minutes to get a hold of you or just beat it. she didn't like that at all )

3. Air at the gas station isn't free except for paying customers.

(same friend with the rent thing. i asked him for change for the air machine and he got pissed after i told him i needed it cuz it wasn't free. he was under the assumption that it was free if you just asked them, but i explained that they probably did it for him cuz they thought he had already pumped gas. he was still mad.)

4. Flashing your head lights is a way people communicate while driving.

(another time with the rent guy. whenever i'd pull up to a stop sign or whatever i'd flash my headlights for the other person to go. my friend thought i was just trying to be an ass or something i dunno. i had to sit him down and explain it to him)

when i think of more stories, i'll let you guys know, especially if they have to do with my own personal revelations

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:04 PM #38 of 90
Ha. To this day, I still don't know how to properly pronounce the word "harbinger". I was once told, but forgot soon thereafter.

Does it end like the word "singer"?

Or does it end like "Henry Kissinger"?

I can never figure it out.

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:07 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 08:07 PM #39 of 90
Quote:
.whenever i'd pull up to a stop sign or whatever i'd flash my headlights for the other person to go.
You'd do that every time, just to tell him to go? Your friend was right, you WERE being an ass :\

If someone was driving behind me and kept flashing their lights at me, I'd assume that there was something seriously wrong with my car, like my tail lights were out or I had a dead dog tied to my bumper or something.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
Ha. To this day, I still don't know how to properly pronounce the word "harbinger". I was once told, but forgot soon thereafter.

Har (as in har har).

Binge (as in binge drinking).

Er (as in Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Crash can't read IPA :P )

FELIPE NO

Last edited by ramoth; Nov 23, 2006 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:40 PM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 09:40 PM #40 of 90
I was going to say something more interesting, but really, I never heard of A4 before, and this is just about the most interesting thing I've seen. Why in hell won't America adopt such structure as the international standard again?

Wikipedia is awesome.

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 12:04 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2006, 09:04 PM #41 of 90
For the same reason America won't adopt the metric system. Stubbornness..

Most amazing jew boots
Interrobang
What I learned in Boating Class is

Member 411

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 03:51 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2006, 02:51 AM #42 of 90
Up until middle school, I thought sex was where both got nude and jumped into a bathtub. Inside, the sperm would come out of somewhere, travel through the water, and enter somewhere. This misconception came from a picture in a sex ed book with a obese couple in a yellow bathtub.

My Dreams
Virtuosic Dreams ^_^

Member 1412

Level 21.48

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2006, 10:46 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 11:46 AM #43 of 90
People didn't know about A4? Ok, I'm sorry but this is really a surprise.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by XSO
I thought Oral Sex was a special type of kissing, like French Kissing, except you like move the toungues in and out of each other's mouths or something. >.>;
Huh? it isn't?
Spoiler:

lol, just kidding

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

ChocoJournal
The Link to the Chocojournal works now!
Transcriptions A new thread for transcriptions of all sorts.

"The man had a huge head. Like a pumpkin, really." - Godowskian on Shura Cherkassky

Last edited by My Dreams; Nov 24, 2006 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Dinner
Carob Nut

Member 344

Level 5.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:01 AM #44 of 90
I've heard of A4 and such, but our teachers only supply 8.5x11 and 11x17 .

When I was young, like really young, for some reason I thought sex involved a man peeing inside a woman lol. I guess because I didn't know of anything else that COULD come out?? I don't know.

How ya doing, buddy?
Car Sponsorships:biggrin:
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 04:12 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 03:12 AM #45 of 90
Originally Posted by Crash Landon

It ends like "singer".

har - like "hard" - bing - as in Bing Crosby - er - as in...well...."er"

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
Roph
ヽ(ºДº)ノ

Member 63

Level 25.06

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 05:35 AM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 11:35 AM #46 of 90
It wasn't even anything to do with racism, but when I was a little kid, I used to think black people were coloured so because they were born out of their mother's, uh, other hole.

It seemed logical to me at the time :/

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:45 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 09:45 PM #47 of 90
Up until a few months ago, I always thought it was spelled sequal.

FELIPE NO

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 02:04 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 12:04 PM #48 of 90
Originally Posted by acid
It ends like "singer".

har - like "hard" - bing - as in Bing Crosby - er - as in...well...."er"
Main Entry: 1har·bin·ger
Pronunciation: 'här-b&n-j&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English herbergere, from Anglo-French, host, from herberge camp, lodgings, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German heriberga
1 archaic : a person sent ahead to provide lodgings
2 a : one that pioneers in or initiates a major change : PRECURSOR b : one that presages or foreshadows what is to come

Based on its entry in the dictionary I've pronounced it "har-bin-jer" since I can remember learning that word in high school.

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 02:10 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 01:10 PM #49 of 90
Originally Posted by Roph
It wasn't even anything to do with racism, but when I was a little kid, I used to think black people were coloured so because they were born out of their mother's, uh, other hole.

It seemed logical to me at the time :/
Ahaha. That's awesome. <3

I have a story related to black people as well, and my mom constantly reminds me of it.

When I was 4 or so, and saw my first black guy, I apparently said to him "You should take a bath, you're covered in dirt". I guess I'm lucky that he didn't get angry. Mom tells me he laughed and explained that his skin was darker.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Nov 25, 2006, 02:49 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2006, 10:49 PM #50 of 90
When I was little I somehow used to think Africans and other black people over were simply permanently really tanned because their home country was so hot.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > The simple things you never knew