Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Final Fantasy XI Discussion

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 06:52 PM #26 of 200
Even if it was 2 months straight without sleep or work, there's no way he could "finish" this game, because it's impossible to finish. Unless he got every job at 75, synthesized every item, got every mission, got every rank in every nation, claimed every NM.....bottom line, it's impossible to finish.

And none of the final bosses (regular, ZM, CoP) even wear a hat. :/

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 09:51 PM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 07:51 PM #27 of 200
Haha. He must be reffering to Maat's cap. The hat you get when you get every job to 75.

And no one knows if an actual player has done that. I know no one on my server has maat's cap yet.

It's impossible you could get to 75 on all jobs in 2 months. There just.. isn't enough time even if you went 24/7. It takes atleast a month of nonstop leveling whenever you can just to reach the 60s on one job. This does not include leveling of a subjob to match.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:25 PM #28 of 200
I didn't even know such an item existed. Who the hell would want a stupid hat like that anyway?

When I wear an Abyssal Earring, I expect a bit of "ooh's and aah's". A Maat cap? "Too much time on your hands, dude."

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kasonyn
ECT Therapy (600sec bursts), Order now Toll-free $19.95! LIMITED TIME ONLY

Member 3102

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:52 AM #29 of 200
Quote:
Haha. He must be reffering to Maat's cap. The hat you get when you get every job to 75.

And no one knows if an actual player has done that. I know no one on my server has maat's cap yet.

It's impossible you could get to 75 on all jobs in 2 months. There just.. isn't enough time even if you went 24/7. It takes atleast a month of nonstop leveling whenever you can just to reach the 60s on one job. This does not include leveling of a subjob to match.
SE said in an interview they actually put this quest in because a JP player HAS reached 75 on all jobs, if I recall I read the interview on a HNM LS website. If I recall I read on alla a few weeks later that a few people on other servers got the cap.

Quote:
Kiyoko - Kujata
73BRD/59RDM/38WHM/30BLM
Rank 6/ZM14/CoP (the first rivirn site)

Hmm, I don't play much anymore, I spend a lot of time making many of Kujata's prominent end-game-linkshells mad at me on their respective forums, as well as ffxi's drama headquarters: VN boards.

I'm in the process of leveling up my Red Mage, I've all but abandoned bard, as it is by far one of the most boring and noticably repetitive jobs in this game. When the expansion comes out I think I'll jump on Blue Mage, which sounds fun.
Hmm, your welcome to post your levels and such here, of course...but if you want your character levels and such to be listed, I've reposted the FFXI Server Catalogue some time ago. Visit that thread for that :/

As far as the new jobs go, I dont know if I will jump into any or not, we'll have to see, on the one end, I like the sound of some of them, but alot of the players are already forming thoughts on what should be subbed, despite the fact the expansion isnt even released :/

Alot of people seem to think PUP should have /MNK subbed, I understand the description says they will use H2H and there is movie out there of them doing it, but blah I have always liked WHM so I was hoping for /WHM, and I really dont see why people dont seem to think it isnt a good idea for PUP.

Corsair sounds interesting to me as well, since I remember reading somewhere that SE wanted to introduce a combination of old-style classes (that wasnt how it was worded.) So perhaps Corsair = Setzer/Cait Sith/Selphie? Despite this, alot of people sound like they think COR/RNG or COR/BRD will be good subs. Really, I was thinking COR/WHM or maybe COR/RDM would be good I mean its pretty much a Bard with a "diffrent twist", but whatever.

Blue Mage seems to be stuck at /WHM, but honestly, I'm not as interested in BLU as I used to be. I've never liked BLM, so I dont see why I would like BLU.

I'm very interested in some of the new stuff like Assault, however, and the changes for all the diffrent jobs.

Also I think today's announcement about...(I cant remember the name), but the hotel thing, sounds like a poor idea. Now I dont know about the LSes others have been in but not one has ever said "ok we're having a meeting", thus the reason for the hotel thing sounds...silly

As far as the "Besieged" combat goes I'm wondering what the actual importance of it is? Yes, it sounds fun to fight off raids. But, alright, lets say we lose? What happens? I mean its for control of some special item in the city, but really havent heard any word about what happens if we lose, or win for that matter. SE said that conquest will be diffrent in Aht Urhgan, is this how conquest is performed??

I was speaking idiomatically.
soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:53 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 10:53 PM #30 of 200
FFXI doesn't have a lot of soloable events, so even if you were to zip through all the expansions, you need to have a static that is willing to zip through all of that with you. It takes months for people JUST to complete all the promyvions and we're not even including the time spent leveling your jobs.

FFXI is $13/month for whoever asked.

How ya doing, buddy?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 07:34 AM #31 of 200
Originally Posted by Shonos
not every job take 1 month to lv 75, my friend was in a static every day and he got his bard from lv 1-75 in 2 week. It's all depend of how and with who you play. A good static will get you lv fast, otherwise you'll spend a lot of time seeking, which is the main problem in FFXI...

oh and btw i'm not sur blue mage will be good with whm sub... it's a DD job that is melee (well i think so) most of that ability of monster are somewhat close range, so i'm not sur about whm in sub, Corsair it already been said that i's a buffer that use some "luck" so yes maybe /whm or /rdm will be good. There's just puppetmaster that we still don't know how it will play his part in a party :\

FELIPE NO
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 08:59 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 10:59 PM #32 of 200
Originally Posted by ReallyCute
As far as the "Besieged" combat goes I'm wondering what the actual importance of it is? Yes, it sounds fun to fight off raids. But, alright, lets say we lose? What happens? I mean its for control of some special item in the city, but really havent heard any word about what happens if we lose, or win for that matter. SE said that conquest will be diffrent in Aht Urhgan, is this how conquest is performed??
Ya they have, you dont loose exp for participating, and if they win, they gain control of the item. In order to get it back, you must raid there homeland area.

Originally Posted by Inhert
not every job take 1 month to lv 75, my friend was in a static every day and he got his bard from lv 1-75 in 2 week. It's all depend of how and with who you play. A good static will get you lv fast, otherwise you'll spend a lot of time seeking, which is the main problem in FFXI...
2 weeks? well... maybe with a really really good static that played nonstop. Still sounds more than a bit ridiculous to me though. They'd have to be ugprading their items alot, and would have to have alot of money on hand too... This sounds impossible to me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FFXI - Asura - Brd :3
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 09:11 AM #33 of 200
will he already had a lv 75 before that so yeah he had the money to play his bard non-stop

so yeah the first job take a lotof time to reach lv 75 ...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Shonos
Tooken.

Member 438

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 02:43 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 12:43 PM #34 of 200
Oh god, yeah. SE is planning to add a hotel where players can reserve private rooms for up to 1 hour.

They say it's for linkshell meetings or wedding celebrations. But I'm sure everyone knows what it's REALLY for.

/sh 10K FOR ONE HOUR SEND TELL HOT RED HEADED MITHRA LOVE YOU LONG TIME

soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 03:55 PM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 01:55 PM #35 of 200
Before I started playing, I was told that if you were married, you could SHARE a mog house. That's why I played a guy taru when my husband decided to play a hume female No benefits out of that one, PLUS I don't even get cute equipment!

Kasonyn

Member 3102

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:34 PM #36 of 200
Quote:
Ya they have, you dont loose exp for participating, and if they win, they gain control of the item. In order to get it back, you must raid there homeland area.
Yes I know they gain control of the item should the beastmen win, but im wondering lets say we win..is it just "okay, that was fun"? Not that it doesnt sound fun to protect against raids, but all SE has said about the device is something like it has been protected within the city (cant remember the name, I keep wanting to call it Aht Urhgan :P), If its lost, and the beastmen take it, what is going to happen (temporarily) in the city? Does certain parts of the city become restricted? Do beastmen start roaming the city? Do the shops have less items similar to conquest? Do the shops stop working altogether? Does the AH no longer work?

Or is it simply, "alright, lets go have some fun and get our item bacK", sort of thing? Which IMO is fun and all but not everyone will find it fun to get the item back/protect it, if there's some other motivation ...

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:32 PM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 01:32 PM #37 of 200
ya, everything temporarily closes, or so i believe they said...

You earn some sort of rank points or something for completeing it... but SE was pretty vague and I believe they stated they weren't quite sure what the reward handouts would be yet...

Kasonyn

Member 3102

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 01:09 AM #38 of 200
Hmm are you sure you arent partly confusing that with "Assault"? Because in assault you gain higher mercenary rank by doing more Assault Missions, and opens up now Assault Missions.

Assault also sounded like it was instanced if I remember correctly.

edit: Also saw today that they have posted on the website all the job changes they want to make in the near future:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/topics/060330_1.html

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Kasonyn; Mar 31, 2006 at 01:19 AM.
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:38 AM #39 of 200
I'm a little excited about this whole Job Adjustments ^^ I can't wait to see what they will add to the monk, I hope it will add a little more thing to do in battle then just wait for sc XD

oh and PLD that get tp while blocking attack!? finaly! it's been almost a year that everyone thought that it would be great!

and I hope that some of the new magic they will add to blm and rdm will be good and specific for the job, (like new rdm magic only)

How ya doing, buddy?
avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:41 PM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 10:41 AM #40 of 200
Originally Posted by ReallyCute
Hmm are you sure you arent partly confusing that with "Assault"? Because in assault you gain higher mercenary rank by doing more Assault Missions, and opens up now Assault Missions.

Assault also sounded like it was instanced if I remember correctly.

edit: Also saw today that they have posted on the website all the job changes they want to make in the near future:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/topics/060330_1.html
Maybe I am... but I thought they said youd be earning some sort of points for besieged too.. .cause they didn't want to award straight exp.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 09:04 PM #41 of 200
I've considered in buying and playing Final Fantasy XI but when I was about to buy it my TV broke so the money I had to buy I spent in my new TV.

I've seen that someone posted that the period to recover your account is no longer 3 or 6 months, but 8.
Can anyone point a link to updated informations about FFXI ? Especially thing that involve money, like the monthly fee, the date of the next update, etc.

Thanks

avanent
heart eater

Member 1462

Level 19.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 07:32 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 09:32 AM #42 of 200
Next update will be late april due to the release of the expansion.

Ive heard recovery date for characters was actually a year if you didn't cancel your POL account(not the ffxi pay account, but the free POL account).

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 08:07 PM #43 of 200
if you cancel your content ID (not your account, just the content. This is what you pay to be able to create a character and play) you have now one year before all your character data is erase (and lost forever)

the monthly fee is 12,95$ for the first character, and any additional character will cost 1$. So if you have 3 character, it will cost you 12,95$ + 2$ = 14,95$.

the next expension will be out April 18 and will cost 29.99$ (49.99$ for the xbox360 version but this is not just the expansion, it contain FFXI and all 3 expansion)

here is the official website for the next expansion: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/ahturhgan/index.html

Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:25 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 03:25 AM #44 of 200
I was thining about buying the game with the two expansions, but since I've waited this long perhaps I should wait untill April 18th and buy the box with all three expansions.

Normally I don't have much patience with online games, but this game seems a lot interesting, not to mentions the huge options you have to build your character, so I want to give it a try.

You who have been playing it for a while, is it worth it ?

soapy
Chocobo

Member 903

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:13 AM Local time: Apr 2, 2006, 11:13 PM #45 of 200
Uhh.. if you don't have patience, this is not the game for you. FFXI is really hard to get into, and it takes a lot of time to do anything. I actually get really frustrated with it and if I didn't have my husband basically giving me unlimited amounts of money and leveling for me, I would have quit a long time ago

There is plenty of things to do in terms of you won't get bored, but it's all very time consuming and it's not easy to do things on your own. If you find yourself a nice group of friends then you can accomplish a lot more.

Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:12 PM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 01:12 AM #46 of 200
I've just ordered the game. I hope I won't regret it, I'm positive I won't.

Anyway, I had a free Playonlie account but I lost it (don't remember the login). Anyone know the link to register it ? I tried to find it some time ago when I wanted to check something at the Walkthrought for FFX at Playonlie site but I couldn't login or find a place to register again ...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:20 PM #47 of 200
lol the old (really really old) playonline site is not the playonline account you will need >.> it's totally new, it for the Playonline Viewer (that you will get with the game) you need a playonline account (wich is free but you need a registration code to activate it, no worries you will all have that witht the game)

the playonline viewer is a program that you have to pass by to lauch the game...

Most amazing jew boots
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 01:43 AM #48 of 200
I just beat the last boss for Zilart tonight. Got the killing blow too.

The price was heavy though.

Spoiler:
Lioooooooooooon!!!

Most amazing jew boots
Yuna
涼宮ハルヒ

Member 1603

Level 12.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 09:39 AM Local time: Apr 8, 2006, 12:39 PM #49 of 200
Originally Posted by Inhert
lol the old (really really old) playonline site is not the playonline account you will need >.> it's totally new, it for the Playonline Viewer (that you will get with the game) you need a playonline account (wich is free but you need a registration code to activate it, no worries you will all have that witht the game)

the playonline viewer is a program that you have to pass by to lauch the game...
Thanks for the info.
By the way, are there much differences between FFXI servers ? Or the reason to choose a server is just to play with a friend of yours ?

I heard there a few considerable differences but I can't imagine what could differ so much from one server to another.

Inhert

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 11:11 AM #50 of 200
you "can't" choose your server in FFXI you just end up on one...the only difference between them, is the number of player (some have more than the others) and the price of item at the auction house (some server have sky high price and other are normal)

but if you already have some friend on a specific server, you can sk them to buy a world pass. They will give you a code and when you'll create your character, there will be a palce to input this code so you can go on that specific server ^^

or if you want to be lucky you can create a character, check on which server you end up, and delete/re-create until you're on the server you want >.> but this is totally random so it can take forever and by doing that there are some server that you will never end up on it mainly because there's a lot of player in it and SE want to balance the server so they block the acces. the only way to end up on those server is by the world pass.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Final Fantasy XI Discussion