Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

China may change 'one child' population policy

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 08:26 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 06:26 PM #26 of 52
What Neko did not get is that the boys actually help out in the farms.

But hey, if there's problem in space, why not send them all to Canada? We could afford filling the vast landscape with more Chinese.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 08:33 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 10:03 PM #27 of 52
Yeah, and do you know how population control happens? The things that happen in places like China? Such as child murder? You know, killing people? So your pretty little idea amounts to murder.
I am aware of the child murders, the main reason why murders happen in China is due to gender preference, if people could be happy with the gender that they get, it would be nice, but we all know that it's not gonna happen.

The idea of population control being achieved by people having 1 or 2 kids and be happy about them is just that 'idealism' it would be nice, but we all know that it's not gonna happen.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:32 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 09:32 PM #28 of 52
lumping in forced abortions and infanticide with murder itt

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:34 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 08:34 PM #29 of 52
lumping in forced abortions and infanticide with murder itt
Never said anything about abortions. And you're going to tell me it's not murder when they're infants? So when is it murder? When they're 3 years and 2 days?

I was speaking idiomatically.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:14 PM 4 #30 of 52
What I find funny is the fact that I never mentioned 'killing people' at all. If the world population was half of what it is now, we would not have a real problem with resources.
Which resources would we not have a real problem with? Because when the world population was only three billion people and change, the third world still had a problem with access to fresh water, food and arable land, jobs, economic and social opportunity, etc.

All the same, it's not how many people you kill population control so much as who gets population controll'd. I seem to recall one of your relatives reproducing irresponsibly, what have you done to get her to stop doing that?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:20 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 08:20 PM #31 of 52
Never said anything about abortions. And you're going to tell me it's not murder when they're infants? So when is it murder? When they're 3 years and 2 days?
If you can't kill them outside the womb, why inside the womb? Not that I'm pro-life, but murder is murder.

I dunno how it works in China, but I'm glad they didn't change it.

Most amazing jew boots
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:26 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 09:26 PM #32 of 52
If you can't kill them outside the womb, why inside the womb? Not that I'm pro-life, but murder is murder.
Have to be a person for it to be murder. If you're a bundle of cells, not a living, breathing thing, you're not a person.

I'm pro-death, myself. Fetii. Kill 'em all.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:29 PM #33 of 52
Just think of how many resources we can harvest from a dead infant.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:51 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 10:51 PM #34 of 52
Wasn't talking to you, chumley.

But yeah, I wouldn't necessarily lump in socially forced infanticide with murder. For all intents and purposes, it's a late-term abortion unless it's been forced by the state or somebody else, which isn't what chibi neko is implying.

Though I guess it's murder if abortion services are easily available. It's a little complicated, but basically I'm saying chibi neko is kinda racist.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:52 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2008, 09:52 PM #35 of 52
but basically I'm saying chibi neko is kinda racist.
Oh, well. Yeah. Totally.

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 05:33 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2008, 06:33 PM #36 of 52
You know, I am quite amused how the thread evolved from China's one-child policy to ad hominem attacks on the tiny cat

In any case, population control is a dicey issue, though it is interesting how more people in the more educated nations tend to have fewer babies. Perhaps giving everyone a decent education is the best step towards lowering the global population!

Easier said than done, lulz

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 06:59 AM Local time: Mar 25, 2008, 08:29 AM #37 of 52
You know, I am quite amused how the thread evolved from China's one-child policy to ad hominem attacks on the tiny cat
I think that there is a population issue in the world and people call me a raciest for it, I am pretty amused myself too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:20 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2008, 11:20 AM 3 #38 of 52
I think that there is a population issue in the world and people call me a raciest for it, I am pretty amused myself too.
No, you think there's a population issue and KILLING DARK PEOPLE is the way to solve it. That's why we call you a racist. It has nothing to do with you knowing there's a population issue. It's about being a white, suburban North Eastern girl and waving a hand and saying "cut your population in half" to a whole part of the world that depends on manpower for survival. You can't just say "stop having babies" or "Hey, just die a lot" and solve the fucking problem. THAT is why you're a racist. An incredibly ethnocentric prat at the very least.

Also, Zerg, do your reading, sir. Education isn't what stems childbirth in wealthier nations. WEALTH is. GDP goes up, childbirth goes down. Families don't need children to support them if they can afford to support themselves. Basic human development, sir.

Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:58 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2008, 02:28 PM #39 of 52
Sigh.... dude, please re-read my posts, I never said anything about killing, or a specific country, just a idea of everyone having 1 or 2 kids, but that is idealistic so we know its not going to happen. Trying to twist what I am trying to say is only pulling this thread off topic. I am just going to end it with that.

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 01:56 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2008, 12:56 PM #40 of 52
Sigh.... dude, please re-read my posts, I never said anything about killing, or a specific country, just a idea of everyone having 1 or 2 kids, but that is idealistic so we know its not going to happen. Trying to twist what I am trying to say is only pulling this thread off topic. I am just going to end it with that.
Oh, so you were referring to the drastic overpopulation issues of Canada, the US and Western Europe, then?

Most amazing jew boots

Chibi Neko

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 02:00 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2008, 03:30 PM #41 of 52
The world in general, sorry if you thought otherwise.

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 02:56 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2008, 02:56 PM 1 #42 of 52
Except you claim that the Chinese are killing their daughters because of gender preferences, which isn't true and means that these kids become adopted or unofficially raised within the family far more often than they're actually killed.

This gender discrepancy is either leaving the country, or only on paper, but you continue insisting upon these Chinese Baby Girl Murder myths as though they are true so what the Hell is wrong with you?

And yeah, mandating 1 or 2 children a household implies forced abortions, so you are basically advocating state sanctioned murder, good job you fucking idiot.

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2008, 03:00 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2008, 02:00 PM #43 of 52
The world in general, sorry if you thought otherwise.
Except the world in general doesn't -have- an overpopulation problem. Rather specific parts of the world have an overpopulation problem. Mostly the dark parts. It's like saying the world has a problem with a shortage of food. No it doesn't. Parts of the world have a problem with access to food. I can walk down to the Superstore and buy me a big ol' steak whenever I want. So, either you're trying to backtrack here, or you're just a horribly simple girl who is so poorly informed it's laughable. Which one is it?

See, being ignorant doesn't bar you from ethnocentric racism.

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2008, 02:07 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2008, 03:07 PM #44 of 52
Also, Zerg, do your reading, sir. Education isn't what stems childbirth in wealthier nations. WEALTH is. GDP goes up, childbirth goes down. Families don't need children to support them if they can afford to support themselves. Basic human development, sir.
Orly.

There is a greater correlation to "education" than "wealth", sir.

Fertility Rate against GDP per capita (Wealth)

Fertility Rate against Gross Enrollment rates (Education)

Source: Human Development Indicators

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2008, 02:11 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2008, 01:11 AM #45 of 52
Indicators or the Index? Where are you pulling your stats from? I've seen similar notes from the HDI people, but that's it.

How ya doing, buddy?

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Mar 26, 2008, 02:23 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2008, 02:23 AM #46 of 52
Look, it's simply a matter of how economically beneficial children are to the economy, it GDP or higher education doesn't matter. If you could train drones to perform menial labor for the rest of their lives it would still be to their disadvantage to have children assuming children can't be drones.

We don't have much kids because nowadays it's a lifestyle choice, whereas in an agricultural economy those extra hands are an economic necessity.

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2008, 02:28 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2008, 03:28 PM #47 of 52
Indicators or the Index? Where are you pulling your stats from? I've seen similar notes from the HDI people, but that's it.
Download it yourself if you want to play around
http://hdr.undp.org/en/media/hdr_20072008_tables.zip

Economic impact of children is an entirely different story. You can argue they're a money pit nowadays, which is why people are having less.

Regardless, I think more education results in less child bearing. Since more education should result in greater income and wealth, I believe any correlation between education and wealth is caused by the indirect link.

Education's the key!

FELIPE NO
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Traveller87
UNDER PROBATION

Member 26124

Level 9.15

Nov 2007

Old Apr 13, 2008, 06:48 AM Local time: Apr 13, 2008, 12:48 PM #48 of 52
Proposing population control is just great when you're not in the position, isn't it? I don't think anyone has the right to tell people how many kids to have. It is a choice they have to make for themselves.

But please, feel free to support the one-child policy. But be consistent and also support a policy pressuring U.S. Americans/Western Europeans to have 2-3 children each irrespective of their personal wishes, just to counterbalance the aging of the population.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The_Melomane
Go forth and become a happy cabbage

Member 20147

Level 17.46

Feb 2007

Old Apr 15, 2008, 06:07 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2008, 05:07 PM #49 of 52
This is lame. This issues directly deals with my major and I don't even have enough information to argue anything. I could take information I do know and misquote it and make an argument. "Globalization...north-south gap...IMF...evil..."

I think instead of arguing about whether the PRC changes it's policy on children, it'd be wiser to discuss how to allocate it's resources to effectively support it's large population.

Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2008, 07:59 PM Local time: Apr 16, 2008, 08:59 AM #50 of 52
If anything, China's got one hell of a demographic time bomb. That's gonna explode in a couple of generations or so.

Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > China may change 'one child' population policy