Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Finals: Or how I should take this cyanide pill

silvervalkyrie
This is Love

Member 3464

Level 11.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:18 PM #26 of 33
Hell, you guys make my workload for this semester look incredibly light (which it is...). This is our final week of classes and then finals starting next Tuesday.

Currently, I have a a test on Thursday in Statistics along with a statistical analysis paper due the same day. After giving us the run around all semester with BS requirements for the paper our Professor finally gave us the REAL report criteria last week. But I had a feeling he'd pull that shit so I checked his course website and just based my report on what he wanted the previous semester; luckily, it's the exact same. So I finished the paper on Sunday - it's a 21 page analysis of AMD's current processor line-up (using Frequency distributions, statistical means, averages, and product line percentages) and how they're revenues change depending on their product line's diversity. So that's done. The test is only on one chapter so I'm pertty much good to go on that. The final on the other hand I'll study for (just to make sure I get a B on it) since he happens to have challenging finals.

Next up is my Physics II final on Wednesday morning. It's cumulative (only covers about 9 chapters) and the Professor always gives us very THOROUGH study guides (basically the entire test) so I'll just do that and make sure I don't mix-up any constants/formulas and I should be fine.

My last final is the one I'm most worried about; Programming in C. Not because programming in C is challenging (it really isn't), I just don't like the way our Professor does exams - he usually tells us to study "chapters 4, 5, and 6" and then when we get the test it's abstract concepts that I usually forget easily. So I'm hoping my memory will retain whatever I study and that I get an A on it. I'd love to get a B out of the class.

So all in all I'm not completely stressed by finals; I'm more worried about graduating less behind schedule than I already am due to doing poorly last year in some major courses.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:33 PM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 12:33 AM #27 of 33
Thumbs down

Well in about 2 weeks time I'll be taking my Advanced Statistics for Eco, Intermediate Accounting, Intro to Datastructures for CS and lastly my Calculus 3 finals. I still have no clue as to how I'll need accounting being that I'm a CS major.:doh: I do sorely miss writing papers, something I'll have to add next semester to get my mind off things. But other than that, it looks like it's gonna be a long 2 weeks.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:02 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 09:02 PM #28 of 33
Originally Posted by of pom
We need money, better pass
I thought you were taking care of this.

Originally Posted by silvervalkyrie
Next up is my Physics II final on Wednesday morning. It's cumulative (only covers about 9 chapters) and the Professor always gives us very THOROUGH study guides (basically the entire test) so I'll just do that and make sure I don't mix-up any constants/formulas and I should be fine.
Does your instructor allow your class to have an index card with formulas?

How ya doing, buddy?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:16 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2006, 12:16 AM #29 of 33
My past Physics profs gave us freakin' HANDOUTS of formulas. About 99% of them were irrelevant. If you didn't have the formula you needed memorized, you'd spend 5-10 minutes reading just for that one. I remember I did that once and found out the hard way that they forgot to put that formula on.

The Physics Department at Texas A&M is a joke. Plain and simple ;(

I was speaking idiomatically.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

ArrowHead
Scadian Canadian

Member 2020

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:24 AM #30 of 33
Taking a physics class for the first time was rough for me. This was in college and it was the teacher's first time teaching a bunch of tech student, as far as I know. So his teaching methods didn't work because he was so used to teaching people who already had some physics or pure&applied science background.

Yeah. The class average ended up being something like 55%. I passed well enough the second time around I guess.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Yunnie
Mizzou Tiger

Member 728

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:35 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2006, 11:35 PM #31 of 33
I have two more weeks of school left, then my finals are on May 8th and 10th because I only have two final exams to take. As for my English class, our final exam is our final paper, which we just submitted the first edition today; she's going to grade it first and then give 'em back to us to let us revise it. Then the second submision will be the final grade for that last paper. On this final paper, she wants us to write 7-10 pages on any topic that is argueable... Heh.

I have Macroeconomics' final on the 8th, and our professor already told us "it's going to be comprehensive, if you don't start to study for it now, you're screwed for sure."

Then I have Japanese's final on the 10th... Which I'm really not that worry about.

FELIPE NO
StarBeamAlpha
Rocket Smile

Member 5541

Level 4.50

Apr 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 11:58 PM #32 of 33
trade the cyanide pills for caffeine pills and save money on soda and coffee!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:14 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 12:14 AM #33 of 33
Take home final is going horribly for our whole class. 14 people... You can go to the prof for help. The paper says we can ask him quesitons, yet we can't work together... But collaboration is the only way to do this shit. Hardest assignment yet and it is monstrous.

Problem 1. c) and d) took from 9am => 6pm straight just to do. They are that fucked up.

I've still got to start on problem 2, which is 3.5 of the 4 page assignment ;__;

The whole class has one thing on their mind: we are fucked. Assignment is due Monday. Prof won't be around to answer questions on the weekend or Monday. Tomorrow is our last push. The rest of it is on our own.

This one prick is almost done. Because he camps out the prof so god damn much. When I've gone for questions, I hafta wait 30-40 minutes for him to finish with a round of questions he has lined up for the prof. I finish within 20 and on my way out the door, he is headed RIGHT on back. The whole class is quite pissed at him. He's inhaling shitloads of the time the prof is available.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Finals: Or how I should take this cyanide pill