Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Battlefield 2

KrazyTaco
urrrrrr

Member 753

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:05 PM #26 of 674
Rock and Thalin, if you haven't already download Xfire. It tracks which server your on and shows it to all of your friends. Also tracks how many hours youve played, and serves as a out-of-game chat client and in-game chat client.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:06 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:06 PM #27 of 674
Actually, a few of us got together last night well enough. I guess xfire was pretty much an intregral part of that, but it seemed to work out fine. I do agree we should get a teamspeak server up so we can actually hear each other through our mics. I would host it myself, though unfortunately I don't think my cable connection is good enough to handle it.

I don't think it's necissary to open an IRC chatroom for planning playing time's, server locations, and ect. With Xfire at our disposal it's fairly easy to get orginized. Though when it comes to conversing about BF2 I see how a chatroom could come in handy.

I should be ready to play in a couple of hours. Just get ahold of me on xfire.

EDIT: Ha, you beat me to it KrazyTaco.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Oh shit.

Last edited by Jinn; Mar 4, 2006 at 02:10 PM.
KrazyTaco
urrrrrr

Member 753

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:21 PM #28 of 674
Originally Posted by Jinn
EDIT: Ha, you beat me to it KrazyTaco.
Super fast reaction times for the win

Anyways, Im up for a game right now. Rock should be joining me. Both of us are on xfire

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Von
Tchaimscriabalustmaninoff

Member 1508

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 02:21 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 12:21 PM #29 of 674
Nevermind, I think I'm thinking of something else.

I was speaking idiomatically.
S?ecter
You're a woman, I'm a machine

Member 1665

Level 11.90

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:59 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 11:59 PM #30 of 674
Name: Smeetin
Kit: Special Forces or Medic, kind of half and half

Sometimes I love suicide bombing as the special forces, but usually when I play seriously, it's with the medic, and I'm quite good.

I always play on the After-Hourz servers, usually #2, sometimes #3, never #1...

Hope to see some of you online...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - W.B. Yeats

Nothing on top but a bucket and a mop and an illustrated book about birds
Kamui
The Magician

Member 1165

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 03:17 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:17 PM #31 of 674
I wil add some of you guys on Xfire to get a good session going. Playing solo is definitely boring unless you're a sniper >_<

And gah, I hate squads where nobody listens and attempt to play teamwork

FELIPE NO
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:19 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 04:19 PM #32 of 674
Could you tell me your Xfire handle please? I won't have a chance to get on my computer to check my Xfire today, but I would like to post it.

And yes, it has been quite fun playing with the people at GFF so far. Though there has been a certain lack of communication while playing. Getting a mic is definitly the best when it comes to games like BF2. Typing while trying to gun someone down is never pleasant.

I've been trying to think of a good night for ALL of us to get on together. I'm up for suggestions on a good time for all of us to gather. We may have to split into two squads, but with Teamspeak that should be no problem.

Speaking of Teamspeak, would anyone be willing/happen to have a good enough connection to host a server? I would but I don't think my cable connection could handle it while I'm playing BF2.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Oh shit.
XerxesTheMighty
Weapon X

Member 105

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 01:10 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:10 PM #33 of 674
I haven't played in about a month, but I wouldn't mind playing. I'm Xerxes on Xfire. I'd be willing to try and host a Teamspeak server. See how far I can push my broadband. I've hosted with about 6-8 people while playing BF and was pretty good speed wise.

Name: [SoK]Xerxes
Class: Assault or Support/Medic.

Most amazing jew boots

SO SAY WE ALL

Last edited by XerxesTheMighty; Mar 7, 2006 at 01:22 AM.
Kamui
The Magician

Member 1165

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:23 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 09:23 AM #34 of 674
I think the original post of this thread listed all the Xfire handles and other BF2 related info.

I say about a game this upcoming friday? That'd be the start of spring break for me! Dunno about the time yet since it may be possible (and surely) that we are in different timezones.

And I may be able to grab a TS server for us. Need to check into it.

XerxesTheMighty
Weapon X

Member 105

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 05:37 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 03:37 PM #35 of 674
D'oh I lied about my Xfire handle, its actually XerxesTheMighty. Curses! I can't remember anything anymore.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

SO SAY WE ALL
Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:53 PM #36 of 674
I haven't touched BF2 in several days now (SRO is slowly starting to own me), so I've decided today to play it tomorrow. Is anyone up for a game? I'm in EST and I'm available at night, around 6:30ish.

I need 306 points left to get promoted.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:10 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 11:10 PM #37 of 674
In EAs glorious wisdom, they've put their CD Keys on the booklets. I of course keep my CASES.

Fuckers. I can't find my key.

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 05:50 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 05:50 AM #38 of 674
Originally Posted by Freelance Wolf
I haven't touched BF2 in several days now (SRO is slowly starting to own me), so I've decided today to play it tomorrow. Is anyone up for a game? I'm in EST and I'm available at night, around 6:30ish.

I need 306 points left to get promoted.
Roger that. I don't have too much to do tomorrow other than household chores, so I'll be hanging out around the house tomorrow night. I'll keep xfire on so you guys know where to reach me.

On another note, I dunno how you guys manage to get those air defense ribbons. 11 stinger kills might as well be a solid gold computer case for all I can get it.

Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:08 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 03:08 PM #39 of 674
I'd play a game tomorrow, but remember i'm in the UK so it would be anytime in the evening for me, don't know what time that would be for all of you...

FELIPE NO
Kamui
The Magician

Member 1165

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:39 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 09:39 AM #40 of 674
I'll be up for a game as well tomorrow! CST time zone but should be good around 4h30-6h30 PM.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:14 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 03:14 PM #41 of 674
You guys know I'm down, especially if I can get Freelance addicted to it again by playing with her >_<.

Wolfy, COME BACK! Hehe.

Most amazing jew boots
Oh shit.
KrazyTaco
urrrrrr

Member 753

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:06 PM #42 of 674
We have a voice communication solution now. My clan has a TS server that uses nowhere near it's max capacity of users. Lukage and I are Server Admins on it, so everyone can come on over and use it whenever you want to play BF2 with one another.

Server details:
Client Type: Teamspeak
Server IP: 70.86.43.58:8310
Anonymous login? Yes, restrictions of course

Once you get in you'll be dropped into the Lobby. From there you will need a CA or SA to move you to the BF2 channel. Lukage and I are of course more than willing if were in at the time, otherwise you can ask someone else in there to move you to BF2 and you shouldn't have to many problems. When Lukage and I are on, we can go ahead and give you registration rights with the server, and once your regged you can move about freely at your own accord. So go ahead and drop on in anytime. If anyone in there asks you who you are or what your doing just tell em' your playing BF2, and reference me or Lukage.

Originally Posted by Skexis
On another note, I dunno how you guys manage to get those air defense ribbons. 11 stinger kills might as well be a solid gold computer case for all I can get it.
One lucky day on Dragon Valley...

Last edited by KrazyTaco; Mar 9, 2006 at 11:09 PM.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:13 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 11:13 PM #43 of 674
I had a real problem tonight being able to hear anything people were saying, especially in a helicopter. Thing is, I need my sound volume high so I can hear the kind of vehicles coming and whether there's enemy gunfire near me.

If you guys are open to it, my friend that came into the TS channel briefly (VolkaV) says we can get on his clan's ventrilo server if we need to as well. I think the program itself is a lot more simple to get into, and the sound is definitely a lot better, so you can hear people enunciate. Plus, you can adjust your inbound and outbound as well, so you can fine tweak volume controls for different people who have headphone mics or desk mics.

server: edge5.nrgservers.net
port: 3507

They're really relaxed about logins and such, so you don't need to register or make a password or anything. If you guys are interested, I'll let you know the server password.

As for the gaming tonight, well, I didn't do so hot, except for the last couple of rounds I played. It seemed like every server we went to had some ace plane pilot that would continually strafe us. Ah well.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kamui
The Magician

Member 1165

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:24 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 10:24 AM #44 of 674
Last night's game was alright. Had some trouble in finding a decent server that was not uber laggy or full. TS worked wonder since it seems the VOIP is still screwed up Wolf really needs to get a mic

Gamewise, we did alright in our teamwork. Skexis was on the opposing team for a couple of rounds so it was my pleasure to blow him up :P I hate you in an APC btw :P

Taco was pretty tight in the Engineer role, repairing stuff and mining.

As for Wolf.... One word of advice: never take a transport vehicle or aircraft, she jixes the whole squad :P

Looking forward to play with you guys some more!

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:01 PM #45 of 674
Sorry. I DO have a mic, but the PC is in the living room where it's always busy. No way am I going to talk to a game while there's people around.

The transport jinx is the reason why I usually would rather HIKE to my destination.

I had fun last night, but I quit when oilfields came up. Same for Kubra. I really hate those maps :3

Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 06:42 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 05:42 PM #46 of 674
I got to play with Skexis and KrazyTaco last night. It was fun, but ended way too soon. Understandable though, if you guys had been playing all night.

I wanted to log on to the ventrilo server Skexis was on but I've been really fucking sick the past few days. I've been coughing like crazy so my voice is all hoarse.

I'm going to be laning over at my brother's pretty much all night tonight, so feel free to join up. I'll more than likely be in Chaos squad with my brother and our friend.

Oh shit.
Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:02 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 09:02 PM #47 of 674
Originally Posted by Skexis
The thing is, it's 11 kills using AA, not killing 11 people in aircraft. The trick is to go kill a bunch of infantry using a mobile AA. I got my AA ribbon back before patch 1.2 when the missiles couldn't hit anything (except friendlies).

FELIPE NO
KrazyTaco
urrrrrr

Member 753

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:59 AM #48 of 674
A half bragging/half revealing state post, I was just recently in a server. There were 3 squads including mine on the Chinese team. The entire round I was the only person in my own squad, my closest competitors was a 3 man squad consisting of 2 anti-tanks and 1 support. I was engineer of course.

*Sigh*, It was a really pathetic round for the Chinese >_>

Double Post:
Just a bit of an update. Although it's not official, I think the general concensus around here is that the Vent server Skexis mentioned would probably be best for voice communication. The clan who owns the server is pretty lose about who gets on, and you don't need to register either. Not to mention, Vent sounds quite a bit better than does TeamSpeak. So you don't have to scroll up to Skexis post, here is the info.

Client Type: Ventrilo
server: edge5.nrgservers.net
port: 3507

You can usually find the BF2 players in the Misc Chat channel.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by KrazyTaco; Mar 11, 2006 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Josiah
Normal Gym Leader

Member 412

Level 22.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 06:22 AM #49 of 674
I wish I could play. I first heard some friends tell me about it so I downloaded the demo. I had fun with that until my video card fried, conveniently before a friend of mine was gracious enough to get the game for me. The demo was fun, though.

I so wish I could've seen the look on this one guy's face when he hopped into a jet, only to get blasted by one of his own base's tanks that I conveniently hopped into when I saw him making a break for the jet. Classic.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jinn
Thief of Tazmily

Member 260

Level 14.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 08:36 PM Local time: Mar 17, 2006, 07:36 PM #50 of 674
So has anyone checked out Euro Force yet? I'll definitely be getting it soon, but I was still curious as to what other's thought of it.

Also, I haven't been playing as much as I usually do due to a flu I've been struggling with. I'm just getting better now so I'll be playing a lot more from now on. Who's up to play this weekend? I'll be playing tommorow for sure.

How ya doing, buddy?
Oh shit.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Battlefield 2